Mind Merging

General Spiritual discussion

Mind Merging

«  » by Everything is ok
Mind Merging. What is it , how does it work , and what are its implications?

This is something I think we can all do and probably do more often than we suspect. Or, possibly, we are never actually in a state that isn't merged with some other mind.

It seems to happen when our social guards soften and we open up to the people or influences around us. Most likely the level of experience is dependent on the individuals sensitivity and probably other factors. The experience is all inclusive of the others general and specific views, attitudes, and undertones which colors their personality and daily experiences. You become one and mentally the same , yet remain yourself, as the other. How long and how intense is entirely up to you.

It's my opinion that mind merging is the heart of inter-dimensional travel and many other such things. I once read a line that said "I come here via psychic events which you interpret as time and space" which i believe, for the most part, sums it up nicely. Another aspect it plays a major role in is spiritual healing. Once you can merge with the other you can begin healing as you would yourself ,but this can cost massive bursts of energy if the blockage is deep. Healing others in this way can also help to heal yourself.

I find this requires no permission. All you need is the other persons attention and the more firmly it's fixed on you the easier it is to merge.

You find this sort of thing in any spiritual tradition that emphasizes the importance of a teacher. It's the teachers knowledge and skill that brings about the students spiritual development at a quick rate by merging minds with the master. Devotion to your master is the key element which completely fixates your attention on him/her. From this angle the people we spend our time with also play a big role in our mental/spiritual development.

It can be done consciously and it can be mastered. The effects go both ways and if we lack the skills it can make us sick.

I'd love to hear some thoughts about it.
Everything is ok

Blogs: 9

I hear it's an ancient technique passed down by school counselors.
Sephish

Blogs: 57

Yeah, I accidentally mind merged with Sephish last year and I wandered around wearing a broadsword and sigilized jewelry for a week before I realized what had happened. Turnabout is fair play because poor Sephish compulsively helped his Mom garden and clean out the garage. JK.

The only thing I dislike about it is that sometimes I see junk I wish would stay secreted away in a person's mind. EWW! Mind merge with a toddler and you get cravings for sour foods afterwards. So weird.

As far as how it works, I see it this way. Each individual person has an unique vibrational signal. It encompasses his of her experiences and perspective on life and how to react to it. Mind merging is getting close to that vibration and letting the boundaries between you and them just dissolve. I lived like that for the first 11 years of my life. I had no boundaries between myself and people around me. Meh...I could be wrong. Great subject though.
Indigo Dog

Blogs: 29

This helps me make sence of other things in life.. like waking up "in" my sister.. is that the same thing? Or is it the fact that you can completely see or feel how the other person feels about a situation and you can see all the factors from thier point of view on how the emotions became that way..?
looking

Blogs: 16

" wrote:Yeah, I accidentally mind merged with Sephish last year and I wandered around wearing a broadsword and sigilized jewelry for a week before I realized what had happened.

That sounds pretty accurate. :p

" wrote:This helps me make sence of other things in life.. like waking up "in" my sister.. is that the same thing? Or is it the fact that you can completely see or feel how the other person feels about a situation and you can see all the factors from thier point of view on how the emotions became that way..?

I think those are both right. Despite my earlier silly answer, I have been working on doing this for a while now. It is possible to become so in tune with something that you do become them in a way. And you can do it with more than just people too. Animals, plants, even rocks aren't that hard. Plan on getting more in depth on this some other time, once I have everything worked out.
Sephish

I lived like that for the first 20 yrs of my life and the main result being, who on earth am I? lol
By not having distinguished boundaries, everyone around me made me who they wanted me to be. I bent to other's vibrations and did it for approval, for fear of not being loved. Following my awakening was a lot of rage, which helped strip away all the impressions of vibrations I had picked up, which weren't me. Upside of this, well everyone had a diff nick name for me :-)

The benefit of mind merging, is that once you step in another person's shoes, it's much easier to understand them. If you open this channel around a group of people, lol, it gets ridiculously confusing and sometimes very overwhelming. Better to know yourself before trying this and for me, that means, for now, I mostly practice keeping to myself. In my experience, too much merging too soon = hyper vigilance!
OrgoneMan

When I was a small kid I did it with my mom all the time. And other people. It was an empathic gift.

It was easier when someone was talking..I could emphatically relate to them, so I would quite literally, put myself in their minds as they were talking. It's as if the words were coming out of my own lips, and I could feel every emotion that went with their speech and thoughts. It was really cool.

I wanna feel this again.
AmentiHall

" wrote:Mind Merging. What is it , how does it work , and what are its implications?

I think there is a difference between being able to empathically relate to a person - or telepathy for that matter when you actually pick up on another person's thoughts - and mind-merging.

With empathic connections you're picking up on the person's feelings and emotions, with telepathy you're picking up on their thoughts. If you will, with those you're reading the SURFACE of the mind.

But mind merging is something else altogether. It is an acknowledgement of the oneness that connects us all. It is BECOMING that person, without judgement or reservation, and more than that - it is accepting the risk that they will be able to know you in the same way.

Think of it this way - it's like sex for the mind. In the merging of bodies - you expose yourself for your lover to see all of you - nothing held back (physically). In mind-merging you are seeing the other person's mind in the same kind of way - completely - nothing held back (as they can see you).
sshenry

Blogs: 106

" wrote:This helps me make sence of other things in life.. like waking up "in" my sister.. is that the same thing? Or is it the fact that you can completely see or feel how the other person feels about a situation and you can see all the factors from thier point of view on how the emotions became that way..?

For me it is the influence of extreme empathy. Like Orgoneman I had to learn to tell the difference between me and ...not me. Add the conditions of my parenting ( they had no respect for my personal boundaries at all,) it served only to reinforce that all thoughts and emotions were community property. The only problem is most of the time I was the only person in the room who could see the blended mix. Most people live alone in their heads with their own thoughts, goals and emotions.

I did a lot of unhealthy things to try and dull down the empathy, but nothing does it permanently. Being depressed, eating red meat and staying drugged or drunk can do it. However, once you lift those layers of dampening factors it comes back strong as ever and the thoughts of the crowd are mine too.

I'm older and I can tell me and not me. I can filter negativity better, I can shield and even use really "loud" emotional signals to transmute it into money, things, more energy for me. ( I like that part!) It is such an everyday part of my life that I barely bat an eyelash at the running dialogues that I hear from other peoples minds.

I have been practicing influencing people by sending out peaceful signals to see if I can calm crowds and such. So far mixed results. Some people are powerfully emotionally pissed and are determined to wreak havoc. LOL! It is an interesting life being able to read people like short stories. My parents no longer scold me for being what they called " Judgemental." I'm far to accurate for that. They can't understand or explain it but they finally accept it. Yay!

Side note: When I am really angry I clear the room of all sensitives. They cannot stand the emotional waves of yuck that broil off of me. Poor psychics, I'm sorry. Even Indigo Dog has bad days...
Indigo Dog

Blogs: 29

" wrote:When I was a small kid I did it with my mom all the time. And other people. It was an empathic gift.

It was easier when someone was talking..I could emphatically relate to them, so I would quite literally, put myself in their minds as they were talking. It's as if the words were coming out of my own lips, and I could feel every emotion that went with their speech and thoughts. It was really cool.

I wanna feel this again.

Amenti. I'm trying to think of an exercise for you to get back to access the vulnerable place as a child, when you naturally were able to merge energies with your mom. I would wager that most mothers do this with their babies.

Try focussing on your "target."
Feel it's vibration and describe it to yourself.
Cold, hot, warm, sharp, excited, chaotic, smooth, quiet, strong, weak.
Is there a pattern?
Now as you do this flash analyzing with your mind, allow your solar plexus to absorb what you have brought to focus in your mind regarding the qualities of the target vibration.
In person >>try changing the state of the target's vibration by saying something to them. Get a feel for how their vibration pulses and shifts.
Now you have your "lock on target" and if your focus and openness remains, you can synchronize your vibration to the the vibration of your target and merge energies. Whether or not this can lead to full mind merging, I don't know. I'm not in the place to try it.

-------------This is an energy exercise similar to "Fringe" season one, episode one (Pilot). What the Dr. does in this is real mind merging under influence of hypnosis w/ psychedelics. As the Dr. explains, this is dangerous to mettle in, because if you merge into the other person reality via their mind, it's not so easy to come back.

-------------Come to think of it, their is a great Heroes episode Season 4, episode 16/17. Peter, having seen a future in which Sylar is the only one who can stop Emma Coolidge from using her ability to kill thousands of people, travels to Matt’s home. However, after discovering Sylar’s unconscious body, he takes Matt’s power to journey into Sylar’s mind, in hopes of rescuing him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Caution: The result of mind merging w/ Sephish = green face lol.... (touche Indigo Dog!) :p
OrgoneMan

lol thanks.

By doing it naturally with my mom, I learned how to do it with everyone else too.

I can still do it. I just don't like to connect to peoples energy very often. And I feel kind of intrusive sometimes peeking in hehe.

Thanks for advice I will definitely try it out.
AmentiHall

" wrote:I lived like that for the first 20 yrs of my life and the main result being, who on earth am I? lol
By not having distinguished boundaries, everyone around me made me who they wanted me to be. I bent to other's vibrations and did it for approval, for fear of not being loved. Following my awakening was a lot of rage, which helped strip away all the impressions of vibrations I had picked up, which weren't me. Upside of this, well everyone had a diff nick name for me :-)

The benefit of mind merging, is that once you step in another person's shoes, it's much easier to understand them. If you open this channel around a group of people, lol, it gets ridiculously confusing and sometimes very overwhelming. Better to know yourself before trying this and for me, that means, for now, I mostly practice keeping to myself. In my experience, too much merging too soon = hyper vigilance!

thank you for putting this into words. I couldn't have explain my own feelings this well on the subject but you said it perfectly for the both of us..
looking

Yeah, I used to be so afraid of myself, I would merge into other people. It is intrusive, but with the right selfless intention, it can be used as an empathetic tool for helping.

I used to have a habit of being more comfortable running off of someone Else's energy, rather then my own. I have noticed in very imbalanced relationships, the person without the will to face their demons, will try to throw their demons in the closet and then will jump into their partner's energy and run off that, so they don't have to face their demons. From my experience, merging via fear in this way, leads to destruction, burning up, and then all of a sudden, the person who was shielding the merger's demon's is gone. Well, then the demons are back and the merger runs in denial, pointing fingers back all the way. I have been the merging coward and their are trauma behaviors and beliefs that create this kind of behavior, so I know this is how it sometimes works. In my experience, if you merge too deeply, you can block the other person's manifesting powers. This is especially true when false justifications and jealousy and judgment are running rampant in the merger.
OrgoneMan

yet again stated perfectly. This thread is exactly what I needed. :)
looking

and if we could unite to merge our minds around a single intent?

i'm thinking of an old sci-fi book i read years ago by colin wilson where earthlings united to shift the moon's position in order to stop it from crashing into earth, something like that. might have been indigo children actually tho this was long before that term came into use.

sounds like something we should be working here on as a group. :) (i'm always thinking of ways to 'save the world')
rabana

Blogs: 4

BAM! great idea.. Rabana!
looking

yes yes, just be , be you for you in you,
sean keyes

Blogs: 12

i,ve an idea , why dont we unite our minds on focusing on healing our minds, as with healed minds , we can move futher,
so peace to you all i wish all of you well
sean keyes

Blogs: 12

Yeah, I agree. Our minds need the most healing of all!
OrgoneMan

" wrote:Yeah, I agree. Our minds need the most healing of all!

for knowledge sake... y?
looking