I almost had a horrible wreck and slipped by...

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
The California roads aren't equipped for rain. I learned this tonight, on the ramp merging to get on the 15 going about 50 and all of a sudden hit a patch of water and my car started spinning. There was no feeling of 'hydroplaning', i went from going straight to all of a sudden "holy shit im spinning". In a split second I somehow turned the wheel in time to prevent from smashing into the guard rail ending up in a 180 parallel to it and facing the opposite direction of traffic. I was panicking and praying i wouldnt see head lights on the on rap i was on that had a curve... Cause no one would have seen me until it was too late. Thank God no one was behind me or I would have been hit head on. My fortune cookie last week said "soon you will witness a miracle." I just did and I'm so thankful. There were other accidents today near me in San Diego and people died. I got lucky.

Everyone, please drive careful in these conditions.

I'm pretty shaken up, but thanking God and my guardian angels that I somehow reacted the right way and no one was behind me. Feeling lucky and blessed.

The ironic thing is that I had a similar dream a 2 days ago... Except my mom was the one driving on the freeway and i was next to her and all of a sudden out of nowhere there was a tornado and the gust of wind spun the car in a circle but as it happened I remember saying "you got this mom, we can get out of this" and she got the car straightened out and we escaped the tornado and flying debris.

Holy shitballs. And this is also my 200th post.

Please drive careful guys. Especially in the rain and especially I'd you live in California where the roads suck.
musiquEclectic

glad you are ok
illuminati

Evidently the dream was a training film.
You knew what needed to be done.
Congratulations.
Glad you are OK too.

be in harmony,
be in beauty.
roger
Psychic Child

Thanks illuminati... Me too... It's sad to think others didn't luck out and lost their lives today on the same roads.

[QUOTE=Psychic Child;881276]Evidently the dream was a training film.
You knew what needed to be done.
Congratulations.
Glad you are OK too.

be in harmony,
be in beauty.
roger[/QUOTE]

I believe you're right Roger. It's crazy cause all of a sudden the dream flashed before my eyes afterwards on the exact part in my dream where the car spun out and I watched as my mom regained control. It had not occurred to me until after the fact. I knew the dream stuck out in my brain the morning after I had it, but I figured it had some other symbology... No idea that it would be more literal in the driving sense.

It happened so fast yet so slow and I was not expecting it. All I could think was that "Holy Shit! I have to stop myself from hitting this guard rail" and one handedly yanked the wheel at just the right time (I hate to say it but had a cigarette in the other hand, which i did not drop, but was why I had one hand on the wheel!) and hit my brake with just enough pressure at the right moment to spin the car away from hitting it. I know I did it, I just don't know how. I just reacted and it worked.

My subconscious was prepared for it somehow?!! even though i panicked when i came to a stop out of the spin and thought about traffic coming my way... when it happened and I was spinning I felt in control and calm, determined that I wasn't going to hit that rail.
Definitely the most intense precognitive dream I've had thus far relating to future events.

Thanks Roger.

At times we feel invincible... I know I do... And this is a reminder that no one is invincible and i'm lucky to be here, and to take it slow... Be cautious....
musiquEclectic

Oivay, the same thing happened to me in 2009(I live in CA as well).

It was the weekend before my baby's first birthday and it was raining. We hit a patch of water and hydroplaned into the center divider. I was in the front passenger seat and had slammed my head against the seat belt thing and had a slight concussion, but was otherwise fine. I think that's when my third eye was activated. My husband says that the first rains are always the most dangerous because the water brings out the oil in the road.

GLAD YOU ARE OKAY <3 <3.

And it's interesting there was a two day delay between the dream and when it came to pass. I have dreams like that and there usually is a two day delay. I wonder if that's common.
kireiHASU

[QUOTE=musiquEclectic;881272]I'm pretty shaken up, but thanking God and my guardian angels that I somehow reacted the right way and no one was behind me. Feeling lucky and blessed.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad that you are OK. Anyone can become distracted behind the wheel, so your reminder about taking it slow is a good one. Close calls like that can leave a person shaken up, but I think there is a reason for everything. You are very lucky and blessed.
Know the Truth

by Dabbs
I'm glad you're okay!
The reason it happened... LOL...
All the fuel, oil etc that's accumulated on the roads were lifted and dispersed by the rain... causing a road that normally isn't slick to be slick. California doesn't get enough rain to wash it all off. Because of the lack of rain there, every time it rains, you have to keep that in mind and be extra cautious...

You were basically driving on an oil slick.....
Dabbs

Geeze, that's scary, glad to hear you are okay.
1month1day11

by sshenry
glad that you're ok hon, good to see you in one piece! :)
sshenry

Omg that's sooo scary. I'm glad you're safe!
climbing

by Abigail
Yaiks! I am very glad you are ok too!
Just the idea gives me the shivers, I had a nasty slide on ice with a car once, i did see my life flash before my eyes.. brr still gives me the creeps!
Abigail

Return to index page Indigo Cafe