US Marines urinating on dead Taliban

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
US Marines urinating on dead Taliban «  » by illuminati
In the media, a viral youtube video shows US marines urinating of the bodies of dead Taliban soliders.
Is this really an issue ...?
illuminati

«  » by sean mac aoide
Not really, but it will install more hatred against Americans from the Taliban and make them more determined to seek revenge.
sean mac aoide

«  » by magonia
Nope. Its a pointless debate.
magonia

«  » by lillies1978
If the video is real, this is an issue imo. As already stated, hatred on part of the Taliban will rise if "we" demonstrate an utter lack of respect. Also, "we" supposedly fight for freedom and human rights ... stuff like that shows just how hypocritical "we" truly are. We want more than basic rights and feel ever so entitled to be treated with satin gloves, going on the barricades if we feel wronged in some way shape or form; apparently we only extend those entitlements to American citizens (just review the recen uproar about passing the NDAA).

That being said, soldiers often enter a different state of mind to deal with their experiences abroad. I just had an interesting conversation with a former soldier yesterday. He said he needed to listen to angry music while he was deployed and conducted missions in the middle east; he said he couldn't have done his job otherwise and he cannot listen to that type of music at home because it acts like a portal to his past experience.
lillies1978

«  » by sean mac aoide
Myself I believe in a fight to simply put your hand out to pick up the lad if you've overpowered him.
Kicking him while he's down
He's not going to have much respect
sean mac aoide

«  » by Icarus_Fallen
Great. Never mind the blood bath that preceded it; let's all get in a tizzy over the post-mortem golden shower.
Icarus_Fallen

«  » by FPConEcho
I'm pretty sure it is real, which whoever released the video wanted the diplomacy in Afghanistan to fail.

If the investigation concludes it is real, they violated the Geneva Convention's article about desecration of corpses. Meaning, they'll be prosecuted under the UCMJ to the fullest extend, especially since their actions almost completely jepordized diplomatic talks. The Tailban said the video would not impact negotiations. That is reassuring from a geopolitical point of view in the aspect of diplomacy, but irregardless some heads are going to roll...

In the past, the military members seen in the video involved with detainees at Gitmo being tortured were prosecuted under the UCMJ and given many many years of prison time. Oh, and military prisons aren't a joke. They are hardcore.
FPConEcho

«  » by evergreen
I find it strange that men are supposed to get into a mentality to kill in a war scenario and then are ridiculed for not treating the dead body with 'respect'.

Whatever happened to 'All is fair in love and war'?
evergreen

«  » by lillies1978
Who ridiculed the soldiers? I didn't ... It's not about fairness, there is bigger picture to this than the act of killing.
lillies1978

«  » by Kim Jong Il
hahhh
pee on soldier?
I poo poo on dead soldier!
Kim Jong Il

«  » by climbing
I do think it's an issue... that's a very embarrassing and disgusting way to behave. But as others have said, it's not the real issue. How can we expect these guys to go over there and be faced with all this shit and be forced to kill people and be driven to insanity and then get mad over their behavior? The war is the issue.

Stuff like this has been going on since there has been war... but back in the day there wasn't cameras filming everything all the time.
climbing

«  » by Kim Jong Il
we poo poo on live enemy soldier too
Kim Jong Il

«  » by FPConEcho
Basically, why be civilized when war is in and of itself uncivilized?

Personally, I don't consider legitimate self-defense the same as killing if the self-defense results in the death of another. War is suppose to be on a self-defense basis to guarantee continuity i.e. survival. If anyone here doesn't consider the nature of this war to be self-defensive, in that it contradicts the principle of survival, then change it.

If the military members involved were driven to insanity, then they can plead temporary insanity. In this case, possibly permanent insanity. It isn't going to get them very far and is redundant because war is in and of itself insane. Realistically, the only reason war happens is because the majority of the human species are insane.

Why do people think the world is so messed up? The majority of the population just stand by, grazing like cattle. It only so happens that when something directly impacts someone in their immediate life does that individual then even begin to care. Very selfish mentality, though normal. Mmhmm...seems pretty insane to me.

The reality is that this has less to do with war and more to do with human beings having humanity.
FPConEcho

«  » by sean mac aoide
Very true climbing it is horrific to ask a human to kill another

Question; why was Americans sent there in the first place ?
Yee got one slap in the face, 9/11 and decided to blow up half the world over it.

Look at Haiti, would it not be in the interest of the government to help those who lost more people.

What is the president gonna say to god,
He killed my people so I killed his and more and destroyed his country
But my son he knocked only two towers belong to you
Why did you have to use such force in return ?

For a country that is under pressure with money and as effect ripples to other nations,
There's alot of money been spent on killing people,

From my point if view it would be better spent on American people rather than using it to kill others
sean mac aoide

«  » by Psychic Child
sean
God will give him some brandy and a cigar and will talk understandling
about gods good old days when he drowned
every being on the planet for a transgression that displeased him?
And god said: "Stick around and you'll be surprised what I am going to do next".

Be in harmony,
be in beauty.
roger
Psychic Child

«  » by sean mac aoide
Lol, I get ya, however that was not my point so I'll explain it another way

Man breaks into a house, kills one child
The father then spends the next ten years hunting down this man

Meanwhille his family is falling apart as he was the bread winner,

As the father finally grasps the man and strangles him
He looks behind and realises hes also destroyed his family on his quest for revenge
sean mac aoide

«  » by magonia
The fact that they are urinating on deceased is neither here or there (you rot in the ground anyway), it may be they people do not like the attitude behind the fact, but in war far far more worse things happen than this childish act.
magonia

«  » by Sdboutlaw
I guess the part that gets me is that, here in the US, the Marine Corp is THE most elitist, "we do everything better and with respect" group there is. I spoke with a Marine after Abu Gharib, and his response was, " what else do you expect from Army?"

I also had tons of Facebook feeds come through with people gloating and laughing about it. People are so susceptible to capturing and replicating hate.

They also found photos of the same battalion without their uniforms on with various weapons, so those kids are in for an even ruder awakening if they keep finding photos showing blatant disregard of policy...
Sdboutlaw

«  » by h0bby1
they have found taliban urinating on the usa flag, and urinating on the corpse of the ppl killed in the 9/11 is that really an issue ? :D

of course not , it is normal , it s war and stuff ...

they even found neo nazi urinating on the tomb of the memorial ..

yes perfectly normal, nothing of an issue here seriously ... they are just viril ppl with a real pair of ball who need to show them :) it never been an issue anyway , everyone should do this, it is the only way to get to peace, democracy, etc, everyone know this :)
h0bby1

«  » by magonia
I have seen videos on a website (no longer active) groups be heading people (terrorist, taliban), and it wasnt quick, from the back of the neck to the front. That is much much worse. I am glad the website it no longer active it was horrible.
magonia

Return to index page Indigo Cafe