Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

want to make some extra bucks?

so recently i found this site, and it basically pays you for typing CAPTCHA'S now don't think this is going to make you rich, because you need to work hard, yes you do infact need to work for this its not just free money, they give you a certain amount per how many captcha's you do and you will be able to receive the money on your paypal,

the thing is you cannot get on this site without an invition, so you need a special code, i am lucky enough to have gotten one of these and you can join this community if you want too! be warned only for consistant people who really just want to earn an extra buck, this is no scam, i know a lot of people say that line, but its true, because they dont just give you loads and loads of money as i said you really need to work for it. but some people have the patience and are persisant and can make up to 100-400 dollars a month.

1-) to go to: http://www.megatypers.com/register
    2-) and there you will have a box that says "Invitation Code"
    3-) enter this code there. RF8

i wish you lots of luck and remember it takes patience though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo5040 For This Useful Post:

ZenHaltija (03-04-2012)

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I could REALLY use the extra money right now, however...Why do they need to hire people to type CAPTCHA's?

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I can't really answer your question, its probably some kind of research for companies and such.

proof i found that they do pay..

info about payment
    Q. Where is the REQUEST PAYMENT button?
    A. There isn’t any request payment button. We pay automatically each Monday Eastern Time (GMT -5) if you have reached the minimum balance needed for payment the day before.

you also need to fill in the captcha's in time and mostly without errors if you repeatedly fail, they will suspend your account

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    AH i found out some info why they do this

MegaTypers.com is a workforce management company that service institutions requiring data entry services. Their main goal is to support their clients digitization requirements by converting scanned papers into editable digital documents. Their services also include Neural Network Text Recognition, Voice-to-text transcription and Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart image recognition for the visually impaired (blind).

They are currently looking for typers from around the globe. All you need to have to work with them is a computer with an internet connection and the ability to type at least 10 Words Per Minute. The schedules are flexible. You can work at any hour that you want and for as long as you please. The quicker you type, the more cash you earn.

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo5040 View Post

MegaTypers.com is a workforce management company that service institutions requiring data entry services. Their main goal is to support their clients digitization requirements by converting scanned papers into editable digital documents. Their services also include Neural Network Text Recognition, Voice-to-text transcription and Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart image recognition for the visually impaired (blind).

They are currently looking for typers from around the globe. All you need to have to work with them is a computer with an internet connection and the ability to type at least 10 Words Per Minute. The schedules are flexible. You can work at any hour that you want and for as long as you please. The quicker you type, the more cash you earn.
    Okay, I really want this job.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm already busy, i mean like we are behind our computers anyways why not work a little lol,

i'm always trying to find ways to make money trough the internet, and whenever i find a better program, or a better way i'll jump over,

i've had some succesfull ones, some that got me quite an amount of money i mean its not that much but 100 dollars a month for doing nothing is a lot to me,
    now i'm busy with this company i'll see how it goes, try to help people at the same time, and whenever i'll find something better i'll make sure to inform you too ^_^

be ware though some sites are in fact fake... so..

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialSocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I've actually made a decent amount of extra money over the last year, a few thousand dollars actually, by participating in surveys and product tests, as well as various types of online discussions for market research. I've been compensated by checks, cash via paypal, and amazon gift codes.

When it comes to the whole 'online survey' thing, you must be careful because there are a lot of scam sites that want YOU to pay THEM, and all they do is give you a list of other sites. But there are also a large number of legitimate survey panels that will pay you for your opinions. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll share some of the best survey sites I've come across.

Banned
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 980
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry25000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,081 Posts
    haha...with my spelling and typing skills I,d not be making much...lol

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Mojo.. I tried to send you a pm with the list but your inbox is full or something so I'll just post it in here for everyone.

-----------

Yeah I don't do them as much as I did last year. I only do the higher paying ones that I get invited to now. For example, I've been acting as a 'brand advisor' for the Bacardi rum company, they paid me $125 on a few separate occasions to evaluate their advertising. Pretty good deal but these kind of projects are kind of rare. I got invited to do it thru one of the regular survey panels that i'm a member of.

I used to keep detailed records of all the sites I belonged to, how much I made at each one, how many surveys they sent, etc. But I got a new computer and haven't transfered the data, so I'll give u the best ones I can remember...

www.OpinionOutpost.com - this ones my favorite. they pay with paypal or amazon codes. send lots of surveys so you can build up money quick

www.SurveySpot.com - they pay thru paypal but the surveys aren't paying as much as they used to, most are only 50 cents so I don't do them much anymore

www.GlobalTestMarket.com - they send you checks in the mail once you reach $50 (20-30 surveys)

www.ClearVoiceSurveys.com - pay with amazon gift codes

www.BrandInstitute.com - pays thru paypal

www.SocraticForum.com - pays thru paypal or amazon

www.ValuedOpinions.com - pays thru amazon

www.SurveySavvy.com - pays thru checks but it took a long time to receive the check

www.OpinionPlace.com - sponsored by AOL, pays thru paypal or other options

www.MindfieldOnline.com - pays thru paypal

So those are a few of the good ones I've come across, I've been paid by all of them so I know they're legit. There are several others I've used but I don't remember all of them right off hand. Maybe I'll put them up when I transfer data from my old pc.

Most of them, you have to build up points to a certain amount before you can 'cash out' and receive the money. There are also a few good resources I found...

http://www.amylynn.org/home/surveys1 - this site has a giant list of all the paying survey sites with info about them, I found it pretty useful

www.surveypolice.com - this site allows people to submit reviews and comments about their experiences with various survey sites
    Last edited by overflow88; 02-18-2012 at 04:07 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to overflow88 For This Useful Post:

JamieDiana (02-19-2012), kireiHASU (02-19-2012), soulmusic17 (10-12-2012)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    If you want to make any real money doing this, you kind of have to treat it like a full time job. You won't make much money half assing it, which is why I don't do it much anymore, as I'm employed now

Old Soul
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo5040 View Post

I was just gonna say that in fact... also when they ask you to write captchas on the Internet they use them for that, there's usually two words, one that is scrambled up and all weird and the other one that looks a bit more normal but still not a real word usually or whatever, but then again the "normal" one is used by those types of companies to translate chunks of texts, like for example for google translate or whatever. The other word that is all scrambled up and all weird is the one they actually look for when they ask you to write a captcha in fact you write anything else with the same amount of letters on the other one and it wouldn't matter, it'd still let you in if you have the weird word correct. So yeah...

Old Soul
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    anddd... I guess this does not work with people who live outside the U.S.A. either right??? lol I couldn't do it anyway unless i did it for extra bucks and on weekends (my week is full with school and work) but I guess I could do it iffff and only ifff i could do it outside that country which I'm already guessing cannot be done heehee but thanx for the invitation anyway =)

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialSocialSocial1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    There are a lot of online gamers with games like Evony, World of Warcraft ect. who are trying to beat botting players by introducing captchas, players will now pay companys to enter these details so they can continue to use bots and circumvent the captcha. So it really doesn't surprise me that companys are starting to appear offering payment for this service.
    Your only purpose is to Know

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerise333 View Post
    anddd... I guess this does not work with people who live outside the U.S.A. either right??? lol I couldn't do it anyway unless i did it for extra bucks and on weekends (my week is full with school and work) but I guess I could do it iffff and only ifff i could do it outside that country which I'm already guessing cannot be done heehee but thanx for the invitation anyway =)
    they pay trough paypal, this is for people all over the world im from the netherlands myself so...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo5040 For This Useful Post:

cerise333 (02-20-2012)

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    there's very few ways to make money online, and even fewer decent sites! try www.mobilemillionsmadeeasy.com its a load of different ways to make money online from easy to advanced

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    If you have any talent with graphic design, you can sign up at a site like 99designs.com where they hold design contests for companies who need work done. I actually won a contest and got paid $400 for a logo I designed. I entered like 100 other contests that I didn't win though lol, but its kinda fun if you enjoy art.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by overflow88 View Post
    If you have any talent with graphic design, you can sign up at a site like 99designs.com where they hold design contests for companies who need work done. I actually won a contest and got paid $400 for a logo I designed. I entered like 100 other contests that I didn't win though lol, but its kinda fun if you enjoy art.
    is it free to sign up?

Old Soul
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialVeteranTagger Second ClassOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 1,003 Posts
    How the heck did you make any money doing this? It's not a matter of patience... the pay rate for the time is ridiculous. I just did this for a half hour and made 2 cents? That equals out to 4 cents per hour lol... and I'm a very fast typist. Took on average 2-3 seconds to type each captcha... not to mention half the time they said no image was available so out of every 5 minutes I probably only had 1 minute or so of actually being able to type something.

Unless I'm missing something and they pay you way more with increased accuracy, this is a total scam. 4 cents an hour... lmao... I'd rather work at Macdonalds.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    yes it is free to sign up. You do need some sort of software that supports vector images, (adobe illustrator, coreldraw, etc) which can be pricey.. I found a free one called "Inkscape". Pretty easy to learn and use

This ad goes away when you register.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialSocial1 year registered1 year registered
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by climbing View Post
    How the heck did you make any money doing this? It's not a matter of patience... the pay rate for the time is ridiculous. I just did this for a half hour and made 2 cents? That equals out to 4 cents per hour lol... and I'm a very fast typist. Took on average 2-3 seconds to type each captcha... not to mention half the time they said no image was available so out of every 5 minutes I probably only had 1 minute or so of actually being able to type something.

Unless I'm missing something and they pay you way more with increased accuracy, this is a total scam. 4 cents an hour... lmao... I'd rather work at Macdonalds.
    I just tested it as well, set the alarm to an hour to make sure id have a correct number, $0.41 for an hour.
    Don't think they pay you for increased accuracy, it does depend on what time you are online, this was at the hour they payed the highest rate.

So Mojo, there may be people making $100 a month on it, but that boils down to 242,89 hours a month = a little over 60 hours a week
    I know you also get payed 10% of what people you referred to the site are making, so that may add up if you referred a lot of people,
    but yes id say its not just a matter of patience :P

oh and another edit, that is counting it as the time I did this, where they pay the highest rate, which you wont always get when you have to work more then 8 hours a day to get to the $100
    Last edited by Abigail; 02-21-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

'A man is but the product of his thoughts, what he thinks, he becomes'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast