passing time in psychiatric unit

Build friendships with other lightworkers, and indigos. Feel free to organize local indigo meetups too.
" wrote:anyOne have any advice about how to pass time effectively in a psychiatric unit? thx!

Try and make friends, but not with the patients, rather with the therapists.
danz

Blogs: 4

" wrote:Try and make friends, but not with the patients, rather with the therapists.

ok, thank you i will see what i can do. i also love Dan C. and all of my family obviously and other old friends etc. btw freedom of speech on the M&G website asap please etc.~
Aaron Benjamin

Yeah we could all count the squares on the ceiling or find a window and see who will jump out......or turn the water on to get the nurses around for more meds
Lets see there are alot of games ...... ;)
Windlift

Blogs: 2

" wrote:Yeah we could all count the squares on the ceiling or find a window and see who will jump out......or turn the water on to get the nurses around for more meds
Lets see there are alot of games ...... ;)
thank You very much for talking about Planet Earth, but imho i don't consider myself to be THAT crazy yet(?) etc. ~ ;)
Aaron Benjamin

" wrote:Your in one or going to one? Because the one I went to you couldn't get on the internet or anything, not really anything to do besides to talk to the other people there.

They let you talk to people there!?! Lucky... when I was hospitalized, they didn't allow to talk to anyone until we "proved ourselves" with worksheets and by progressing to "level two..." they said it was so we could focus on ourselves.... I guess that makes sense... but I remember feeling so isolated and even more lonely eating at freakin' desks with vertical panels on three sides, so we weren't even supposed to LOOK at people...

but "it's all good.." lololol.... that was back in 2008.... :):)
Andy

anyways...

" wrote:anyOne have any advice about how to pass time effectively in a psychiatric unit? thx!

ahhh; passing time in the psych. ward!! :) gotta' love that place; I must say, the diversity of individuals that you probably will meet there should be mildly amusing... I have some funny stories.... I mean, I'm not sadistic (I don't find people in pain funny at all); but I'm trying to say that you'll meet some very unique/eccentric people! (We are unique and amazingly creative people who tend to be shunned by society; we isolate, feel worthless, and develop psychiatric disorders like depression!! :) it's too bad that society has to treat different people so harshly; they just don't understand the beauty of the individual). It might sound lame, but really try to take advantage of the activities there... try to get something out of the experience. KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT YOU'LL GET THROUGH THIS! If you have a window anywhere, I suggest maybe watching the crazy world outside and reflecting on the relative calmness of the psych. ward (FOR THE MOST PART....)

Ask if they have any instruments that have been donated. I was lucky enough to go to a psych. ward w/ an acoustic guitar! So, in the few moments of free time I'd play out some riffs on the guitar...

Do you enjoy writing/drawing? Consider bringing a notebook (without the metal spirals... they consider that dangerous) or a pad of paper and some pencils. I found that journaling helped me out a bit.. you probably will have a good amount of time to think... I was personally glad that I was out of school, could that help? lol.

hmmm... pacing around the room... talking to friendly staff members.... daydreaming about everything.... thinking about memories..... THINKING ABOUT THE POSITIVES.... consider writing down the positives on paper and rereading them.... write down all of your favorite memories in vivid detail... (I'm assuming you might like writing!) if not... Find something you enjoy doing and bring something related to that hobby/interest along with ya'..... try to laugh at the situation! talking to other people there, if you're allowed to.... I recommend against making friends that you stay in contact with outside of the psych. center; I found a girlfriend through a therapy group and she was a somewhat negative influence and started me on smoking cigarettes... luckily I beat that habit.... anyways.... [I digress..]

There's bound to be something you can do there in your free time. Maybe there will be board games or books.... maybe even movies....

GOOD LUCK... TAKE CARE :) I've been to a psych. ward twice (one time it was for about a week!!) ...but I survived.... you'll make it through it!
Andy

wow! ~ thank You for the excellent advice imho i am actually having a much better time in the hospital this time than i did last time/s (about a year or so ago) my Spirits are much higher now b'H. be well! btw: Isaiah 53/Rashi/Yonasan Ben Uziel/Rebbe Nachman imho etc. ~
Aaron Benjamin

I agree with those who suggest spending time in meditation. Also, if there are opportunities to exercise, that would be a helpful activity. Also, have you ever "worked" with your Higher Self? That Being can help you with receiving energies designed to aid you to be calm, balanced, energized -- essentially can help you with any "state of consciousness/being" available through the application of frequencies. For example: "Higher self, i'm feeling very anxious and deenergized, could you please send some appropriate energetic help"? Try it for yourself. Best of luck !!!
drakke1

Blogs: 2

" wrote:I agree with those who suggest spending time in meditation. Also, if there are opportunities to exercise, that would be a helpful activity. Also, have you ever "worked" with your Higher Self? That Being can help you with receiving energies designed to aid you to be calm, balanced, energized -- essentially can help you with any "state of consciousness/being" available through the application of frequencies. For example: "Higher self, i'm feeling very anxious and deenergized, could you please send some appropriate energetic help"? Try it for yourself. Best of luck !!!

thank You for the advice, i will see what i can do be'H.
Aaron Benjamin

How can I get into one and how much does it cost? How can I convince them that I need to get in there?
Hall

" wrote:How can I get into one and how much does it cost? How can I convince them that I need to get in there?

LOL! Man, you're killing me......freaken hilarious! Thanks I needed that..........when you find out let me know! Free room/board (and art classes!)..........sounds good to me.
Heathra

" wrote:LOL! Man, you're killing me......freaken hilarious! Thanks I needed that..........when you find out let me know! Free room/board (and art classes!)..........sounds good to me.

You read my mind. lol Plus it would be nice to get away from society for a while. I thought of either Jail allthough "not a good idea" I want my bunghole to always remain a virgin, OR "a nursing home" but i'm too young dam it! Unless I disguise myself like an old person and get a fake ID. So I guess the psyc ward is the last option. lol And I like art and pills and stuff.
Hall

" wrote:You read my mind. lol Plus it would be nice to get away from society for a while. I thought of either Jail allthough "not a good idea" I want my bunghole to always remain a virgin, OR "a nursing home" but i'm too young dam it! Unless I disguise myself like an old person and get a fake ID. So I guess the psyc ward is the last option. lol And I like art and pills and stuff.

I'll look you up when I get there, man!
Heathra

" wrote:I'll look you up when I get there, man!

Sounds like a nice vacation get away, see yaaa there.
Hall

well, seeing as i've been there quite a few times:

1. the discovery channel, should they have a TV
2. talking to your fellow lucid inmates
3. sodoku (usually staff is nice enough to give you the paper)
4. nap as much as possible
5. avoid pointless activities like group therapy by making lame excuses
6. do not say anything about god, auras, or psychic abilities
7. (because seven is magic) read whatever you're allowed to have in there.
injectwhimzie

and to the people joking about the psych ward being a nice vacation:

you might aswell take that 2000 dollar a day stay and blow it somewhere like paris or the beach. it's incredibly boring, filled with negative energy, and WELL weirdos. it's not fun. the beds often aren't comfy etccc.
injectwhimzie

it all depends on how long your stay in the ward is for
if you do want to stay a while, i recommend running around in the nude
if you want to leave ASAP and have good access to the net, research all you can on your condition,
or read all the books you can on your condition
running in the nude is still fun, there was a fellow in the ward when i was in, he was able to stay
active for about five minutes, then they caught up to him and recommended he adopt his clothing
basireid

Blogs: 93

Lolzzz
Hall

" wrote:and to the people joking about the psych ward being a nice vacation:

you might aswell take that 2000 dollar a day stay and blow it somewhere like paris or the beach. it's incredibly boring, filled with negative energy, and WELL weirdos. it's not fun. the beds often aren't comfy etccc.

2000 a day!!! So much for that idea.. :(
Hall

" wrote:well, seeing as i've been there quite a few times:

1. the discovery channel, should they have a TV
2. talking to your fellow lucid inmates
3. sodoku (usually staff is nice enough to give you the paper)
4. nap as much as possible
5. avoid pointless activities like group therapy by making lame excuses
6. do not say anything about god, auras, or psychic abilities
7. (because seven is magic) read whatever you're allowed to have in there.

It sounds relaxing to me. I love the Discovery channel, I don't mind speaking to lucid inmates because I'm not all there myself, I woud enjoy Sodoku, I like to take naps for the fact that i like the dream world, God/psychic abilities don't need to be spoken but will be felt, I don't think I would read much, very few books interest me..
Are serious about the $2000 a day?
Hall