unconventional tips for lucid dreaming/dreamwalking

There's always a sign somewhere, whether it be in a dream or a vision.
ok, so usually when I try to do spiritual things it works best when I do what I'm strongly advised not to do......

I've been trying normal methods to lucid dream since i was 10 to try to get it, now I'm wanting to know some things that you SHOULDN'T do to achieve this state....

dreamwalking tips are welcome as well, but focusing mainly on lucid dreaming first cause you gotta know that first.......

or hell, maybe with the way I work I'll get dream walking first then start learning to lucid dream.... so yeah, any information on things you're NOT supposed to do to get to that state; please, and thank you...
angelus ex umbra

Blogs: 1

I'm going to give this a whirl. Don't think of this like a child learning to walk. This is nothing like it being true that you are going to have to learn to crawl (if only for a day or two) before you can learn to walk. I was dreamwalking from infancy until I was about 12 years of age, when I purposefully chose to stop doing so. I didn't start lucid dreaming until I was into my 20's. I also didn't actively consciously seek out doing either of these (that's not to say that I didn't make a choice to do them or not do them, just that I didn't wake up one morning and go, "Ok, today I think I will lucid dream and here's how I'm going to do it.").

To be factual, it was the lucid dream and my need to figure out what was going on that led me to sections of my library for books on the subject of dreaming that actually helped me put a name to what I was doing.

Once I found what it was I was doing naturally, I did do a bit of self experimenting to see if I could do it by will. Some things work for me, some things don't. It's kind of like the defense thing. For some images of balls of light work, for me it's a broom. I don't think it's about the image you choose or how you choose to get there, but that for that moment your mind/spirit/soul/consciousness can hold that particular reality and make it it's own. You know that whole, "you have to realize it's not a spoon" thing.

Oh, and by the way, for me, it's as easy as my saying, "[name here], I'm going to come have a little talk with you if you don't mind." and then going to sleep.
Harvester

I can do it naturally, I just don't know how to control it... I'm looking for unconventional tips because nothing conventional has worked, for some reason I'm opposite... I see colors opposite, when I'm learning new abilities if I do it the way I'm supposed to nothing happens, but when I try ways that everyone says you should never try it actually works....
angelus ex umbra

Well, to memory, I've never had anyone tell me, "Don't do it this way." I've had people give me the advise to ground myself when I come back from the dream. But never any advice on how to NOT get into the dream state. I know that when I've started into an OBE (and I don't like those, not because of the trips, those are cool, but because I don't like the reentry into my body) I turn and take hold of the cord as close to my body as possible and pull myself back inside. Again, as to dreamwalking or lucid dreaming, I'm not sure there is a right or wrong way to get it started. The only thing I've ever been told about it is to keep an awareness of the cord since that is your line back to your body. It doesn't have to be forefront in your thinking, but just an awareness of it and that it is intact.

I'm going to bounce a theory off you. When I played softball in school I was LOUSY at hitting the ball until one day the P.E. teacher told me to try to NOT hit it. Ok, it sounds freaky, but when I tried to swing under, over the ball I smashed it flying down centerfield. Maybe you need to do something similar in this circumstance. Try to NOT lucid dream or NOT to dreamwalk. Who knows, for you, that just might work.

If it does, let me know.
Harvester

Indigo Dog's List for How Not to Lucid Dream-

1. Concentrate really, really hard on controlling your dream events. Do it until you get dizzy and bleed from the ears.
2. Take a job a Starbucks and drink all the free coffee you can then take a few diet pills and go to a Rave. Pay someone to record and take notes of everything you say after the coronary.
3. Stand on the highest mountain peak, at the stroke of midnight, with one hand point at the brightest star and the other hand furiously masturbate.
4. Pay a couple of disgruntled Teamsters to beat you near unconscious in a back ally. Record your feelings.
5. Visit a nursing home just after dinner time and invite a few of the residents to take Peyote with you. Whoever regains consciousness first is the one who controls your dreams for the next week.
6. Find a giant cardboard box. ( Empty refrigerator boxes work well.) Place a soft blanket on the bottom and fill the box with fat sleepy kittens. Climb gently into the box and cuddle with the sleepy kittens for 6 minutes. Repeat every 4 hours until you are enlightened.
7. Go camping with 3 heavy guys who suffer from sleep apnea and spend the night trying to sleep in a small tent.
8. Just before you fall asleep call an old girlfriend and ask her to tell you why you suck and try to stay awake through the whole litany of complaints.
9. Drink Kava tea before bedtime and turn off all electronic devices. Relax each chakra and dim the light from them. Wait for it....
10. Combine any two of the exercises above but only with supervision. For the safety of the kittens at least.
Indigo Dog

Blogs: 29

OMG Indigo Dog. You give giggles just at the right time. But kittens? Kittens? Sweet furry plush baby kittens? /waaaaahhhh.

Adore you anyways.

:-)
Harvester

I would love some tips on how to STOP lucid dreaming. I have been doing it since I was at least 10 and I am quite tired and fed up with it by now and would like to stop. I'm serious, no bullshit.
SecretAgentMan

Blogs: 2

" wrote:I would love some tips on how to STOP lucid dreaming. I have been doing it since I was at least 10 and I am quite tired and fed up with it by now and would like to stop. I'm serious, no bullshit.

Take 2 melatonin tablets with chamomile tea just before bed. Instant REM, no restlessness just down for the count.
Indigo Dog

Take 2 melatonin tablets with chamomile tea just before bed. Instant REM, no restlessness just down for the count.

errr, I think it's REM (rapid eye movement) is the dreaming state when you are asleep.. :)
SecretAgentMan

" wrote:I would love some tips on how to STOP lucid dreaming. I have been doing it since I was at least 10 and I am quite tired and fed up with it by now and would like to stop. I'm serious, no bullshit.

For me it is always as simple as deciding "tonight I am/am not going to..." It's my mind and my dream, after all.
Harvester

For me it is always as simple as deciding "tonight I am/am not going to..." It's my mind and my dream, after all.

Once I dream at all I can't help but manipulate it, much of the time is like this. When I say tonight I am not doing it, I really just easily forget my dreams and what they were about, but I still have lucid dreams..

unreleted I had a funny dream recently when I was sleeping in a new place; I dreamt I was sleeping and in the dream I woke up where I normally sleep.. and from there I woke up where I was actually sleep. Funny.
SecretAgentMan

ok, I didn't mean tips to not dream........ I meant.......... when you're being taught how to do something, like let's say channeling........

there are guidelines you follow to safely channel..... but then there are a set of taboos, things you don't do while channeling because they can incur harmful side affects....

what I was wanting to know is, are there any things you can do to achieve these states that you shouldn't do? see, I want to lucid dream, but I can't by following any set method I've ever read, so I was wondering if there were tabooed ways to reaching these states that I could try as those usually work for me when learning new abilities...
angelus ex umbra

There is only one taboo, if you want to call it that, that I have ever heard of and it's not on how to get into the lucid dream state, but what not to do once you get there. As with any of the walks (lucid dream, dreamwalking, OBE, etc.) if you can perceive the cord that connects your spirit with your physical self, don't cut or damage it. It's your lifeline back to the physical.

Otherwise, I can only advise you to not push so hard. There's an impatience about you and it's like it's tripped a safety switch that's not going to let you go further until you relax and get centered.

Edited to add: And you're right. You did answer your own question.
Harvester

try some plants :D
Calea zachatechichi and Ginkgo biloba work rather well ;)

You might wan't to check out the laws for your country, but they're both available on the internet :D

Don't know if this is taboo breaking enough for you, but some types consider using plants to be cheating or whatnot.
Spyder

Blogs: 3

likes zachatechichi
the mayan dreaming herb
not that i've had that much experience with it...but my friend made me a salve with that in it to rub on my temples before sleep.
i am not sure that it worked, i always have intense vivid often lucid dreams ...or like a lucid dream.
it only freaks me out a little when it happens and i am AWAKE
!
that doesnt happen too often tho.
leila

Blogs: 9

" wrote:likes zachatechichi
the mayan dreaming herb
not that i've had that much experience with it...but my friend made me a salve with that in it to rub on my temples before sleep.
i am not sure that it worked, i always have intense vivid often lucid dreams ...or like a lucid dream.
it only freaks me out a little when it happens and i am AWAKE
!
that doesnt happen too often tho.

You mean lucid living or something? I get that occaisionally, makes everything very tripping imo :D

On the orignal topic, I find a good method is shortly after you wake up from a night's sleep, you get up for a bit, and then go sleepy-byes again :D Has had a high percentage of success for me, but obviously only for those who can afford to lie about all day :D
Spyder

yep lucid living, it is trippy. it doesnt happen v often. but a few years back it happened like every day for (?)weeks...a long time anyway. i was in a trance and it felt like a dream....all the time, even tho i knew i was awake.
actually some days are like that still! but not freaky...like i am really am in my dreaming mind...but i am awake.
well it s not bad really...just strange.

and yeah thats true..i am blessed to be able to do that most days. wake up early and then go back to bed...i do get really vivid dreams in that time, and i do usually remember them easily.

also @angelus if you smoke pot try not smoking before bedtime to increase lucid dreams and to remember them better. i get them even tho i smoke(but hey like i said i get them when i am awake!).... but when i do stop my dreams become more intense, and mostly easier to remember. but i have heard some people say that pot totally stops their dreams, idk. not for me...but it does seem to make them hazier....
leila

Blogs: 9

" wrote:also @angelus if you smoke pot try not smoking before bedtime to increase lucid dreams and to remember them better. i get them even tho i smoke(but hey like i said i get them when i am awake!).... but when i do stop my dreams become more intense, and mostly easier to remember. but i have heard some people say that pot totally stops their dreams, idk. not for me...but it does seem to make them hazier....

Lol this made me laugh, if I smoke weed before i go to sleep, I frequently find myself being stoned/smoking pot in my dreams. I've got drunk in dreams too, but dream pot was much better :D
Spyder

never really read anything on the topic, as i always had very vivid and lucid dream, when i don't smoke pot though, so i don't know what is taboo or conventional, never needed to do anything special to have them lol but i felt on this article in phracks about it, i found it very interesting =)

| | Hacking your brain: | |
| | The projection of consciousness | |
| | by keptune | |
(____________________________________________________)

http://www.phrack.org/issues.html?issue=64&id=16
h0bby1

Articles: 1

" wrote:errr, I think it's REM (rapid eye movement) is the dreaming state when you are asleep.. :)

Sorry. I thought you wanted to stop Lucid dreaming ( or dreams you can control) as opposed to just dreaming wothout being able to change what is going on.
Indigo Dog