Looking in the mirror does make you more anxious about your looks

Psychology and sociology, the study of the human mind and society.
"Ten minutes of looking at reflection increases anxiety
On average women stare in the mirror 38 times a day
‘It’s possible that staring at yourself in the mirror for long periods is not a good thing,' says psychologist"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2097717/Looking-mirror-DOES-make-anxious-looks.html#ixzz1lz5W0bbz

It is interesting how we seem over time to be negative when we look at our selves in the mirror. Why?
magonia

IMO as women we are conditioned to look for flaws.

We are not conditioned to say, "Hi gorgeous, you get better every time I see you!"
We need to reverse the conditioning with daily affirmations and by telling ourselves just how stunning we really are.

BTW I am actually quite stunning lol
Grounded Gifts

by Magnus
The eyes are the mirrors to the soul.
Magnus

On the flip side, it increases good feelings and lessens your anxiety when every time you look in the mirror you remember how hot you are! :D
climbing

[QUOTE=climbing;904347]On the flip side, it increases good feelings and lessens your anxiety when every time you look in the mirror you remember how hot you are! :D[/QUOTE]

I've run out of thanks again.

Thanks!
Grounded Gifts

by yogidee
i hardly ever look in the mirror, when i finally do take a good look, im like Dam! im all asking everybody "how long has that been there??...lol
yogidee

I can't believe the average is only 38 times a day. I look in the mirror like... 300 times a day lol. I have mirrors all over my house.
climbing

by Odin
That's true to me by experience. Piercing eyes are no good to stare at yourself with. I use the mirror only in the morning to comb my hair and brush my teeth, or when I have to. Mirrors can hold many curses.
Odin

[quote=yogidee;904364]i hardly ever look in the mirror, when i finally do take a good look, im like dam! Im all asking everybody "how long has that been there??...lol[/quote]

LMAO I think I just split my clothing
Grounded Gifts

I love the mirror and reflections. I have no understanding of what i look like. The mirror and pictures surprise me every time. The way my face stays the same yet changes is amazing. Don't get me wrong, its rarely pretty. But i have no connection to this face so its like a science experiment. Also, in desperate times i can communicate with my husband more directly by looking in a certain eye which i am not remembering.. Two thumbs up! Worth the anxiety.
SevenBright