Who are the 20-24 guests that read new threads but never comment?

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
Who are the 20-24 guests that read new threads but never comment?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look down to the bottom of the page where there's an indicator of who's reading the thread.

I've noticed that there is always at least 20 to 24 guests who read new threads.

Are these the same 20 people each time?

Are they writers looking for ideas?

The government?

Aliens?

A secret society?
penpencilpaper

Yes.

Lol. They are the passers by of the great Internet community, the strangers that pass on a crowded street and those careful enough not to get any of the filth on them as they read. Yes we are the targets of the odd goggle moment. Once I was doing some research and I ended up googling myself, something I had written last year. It was kind of creepy, like meeting my Doppelganger.
Indigo Dog

Blogs: 29

Boogy men muhahahah
sean keyes

Blogs: 12

Big Brother is watching us...... (which is consisted of the all above you mentioned) :p

AmazonPrincess

Blogs: 30

" wrote:Booty men muhahahah

AmazonPrincess

Blogs: 30

Ummmm... I'm one of them... :o I always reading but almost never writing... I'm getting know people here and I like reading other people thoughts... And how you see, I'm really bad in writing english... I understand everything but when I have to say something - blank... :( Thats the reason why I don't write to much... And I'm crystal, we are quite and think that you should read our thoughts, not that we need to speak them out loud :p
Irleera

lol pen.

Interesting you ask that....

Sometimes there is FAR more than that just lurking. And if you "look at" what they are looking at, it's REALLY random shit, and sometimes years old.

Careful what you type here. But um- lol. In my case it's faaaaar too late.
AmentiHall

Blogs: 57

So true Irleera! Crystals don't need the internets they just communicate telepathically. We are too dense to listen to them. Lol.
Indigo Dog

Blogs: 29

i like this question, and i see what you mean. but unlike others i will reply. i believe if you arent going to contribute why bother? and yes, people are most likley tracking everthing they can i.e. the internet, blogs, mail, email, phone calls, and satilite imaging. for example google maps can see anywhere in the world including the white house and the pentegon. (but there are a bit censored even though we have the right to information).
agro

What does it say about IS that there is a post along the lines of "who are the guests OMG they're the Illuminati!" every few months? :-)

They are people following a link from a search result mostly, also web spiders and other bots that aren't in vBulliten's filter list.

Are these the same 20 people each time?

Nope
Ian

Don't get your hopes up. Likely just shy folks who don't particularly feel inclined to contribute. Discretion being the better part of valor and all that.
Optimystic

Blogs: 2

Some people have told me in the past that they're timid about speaking up because their views are different and wouldn't be accepted. I've been told everything from this place is too hostile, to too pretentious, to flat out stupid.

If I were new here, I wouldn't post much either, just lurk and shake my head, and that's what many of them seem to do.
Aion

Blogs: 2

No, I'm sure it's an organized group, as they never read new posts on a thread, they only read new threads - and then they assign one or two people to follow it if it's significant for some reason.
penpencilpaper

hehehe that would be me sorry I was here 24 times on every single thread =P I have the same issue as irleera though need to read more v.v hehehe =P
cerise333

" wrote: Once I was doing some research and I ended up googling myself, something I had written last year. It was kind of creepy, like meeting my Doppelganger.

lol I had that happen to me once it was creepy indeed why would people google you? like seriously whats wrong with google now a days no privacy really hahahahaha =P have been very careful since then hahaha
cerise333

actually, the 20-some guests that are "automatic" are attached to the search spiders that are part of Daniel's Marketing package when we switched to the new server (those who have been hear a year or more will remember the old site). According to the marketing specs the spiders are for search engines such as google, dogpile etc. that allow people to access the site and its subjects easier.

Who the spiders belong to, of course, is anyone's guess....or who is using the spiders :)
sshenry

Blogs: 106

CIA MOTHA FUCKAS

Sorry I had to. Seriously though, lots of marketing/corporation/intellgience agnecies/blablabla use spiders. Who cares.

What are we gonna do about it? If they wanna beam a microwave at you from a satellite you better start wearing some tinfoil :)

If they're gonna use scalar tech to mess with your energy field than just learn how to shield or better yet, change diet and don't think in a paranoid manner (fear lowers your vibration).

More than likely lots of new users. But this isn't just every once in a while, it's all the time, and sometimes its far more than 20 users. Who they are? Doesn't matter who cares. I can say that energetically speaking, this is an interesting place. Because all sorts of people from all sort of walks of lives, and yes..."real psychics" too. Entities can move through electronics and see information girds, but I'm sure you know that already pen.

If the CIA runs spiders here? Why would that astonish anyone? It's not because they are some evil lurkers. Maybe they're just doing research on paranormal, mental patients, and this whole phenomenon as a whole. Maybe the spiders are activated by systems like Echelon- which are automatic the moment key words come up. I don't really see it as a big deal because they probably do this with all the internet anyways. The technology the government has in particular within intelligence agencies blows away anything we have by like 60 years at LEAST.
AmentiHall

Blogs: 57

I know EXACTLY what we're going to do Armenti - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04r_tlWdRs
sshenry

Blogs: 106

Omg i can be famous by just being me in here!!!!

Hi stalkers!!! Stalk me!!!
fred aus indo

Blogs: 4