First of all: I'm not a native speaker, so I hope you don't judge me by my english grammar.
My name is alex, I'm 17 and I live in Germany.
I'm just here to get an objective view on the topic "Indigo".
I was very often called an "Indigo". First I thought the people who said that were just joking me with some weird phantasy names but after I typed this into google I found a whole load of information on what an "Indigo" is.
Honestly, I don't really believe in esotheric stuff. I believe in science and my own logic, and everything I read about "seeing the aura" and "being special" was just a bit weird for me.
I mean, even my parents believe I am such an "indigo", but I cannot get used to the idea. Frankly I think that's even a bit funny.
The things that I read about the properties of an indigo are very general and many people match them.
You may ask why I am here then?
I'm here because I never just regret something. Before I create my own opinion I search for facts that help me deciding. I just found this forum with google so I thought somebody could help me here:
Why people think I am an indigo?
Whats so special about them? (already googled, but the information differed very much)
What would be the advantage of being one?
Why should I believe that there is something like an "indigo" person?
What else can you tell me, that I should know?
To answer the first question you may need some information about me.
I will just name things that I think they're not normal:
- I'm quite "popular" in class, but I totally change myself for that. It's really hard for me to interact with people. My behavior for social interactions is totally adjusted to fit into the standard, but in reality I have the feeling that I would not fit anywhere and no one would get along with my real character.
- I think I lost/never got some standard social interaction skills:
- I never got a girlfriend... never even kissed a girl. Why? Because I really don't know how I to build up emotional contact with a girl. I have feeling that I need somebody and there are also some girls that are interested in me, but I just don't get in contact with them because like I said. I don't know how to build an emotional connection to those. I have the felling like I'm waiting for somebody who will never come...
- I always think "too scientific" but I'm also creative and can dream about everything. It's just... I like facts and I believe in logic. That's maybe the reason why I don't believe in any religion
- I always want to be special and recognized
- I really have the urge to change like... everything... everyday. I always think there would be a better solution for something, but my dream job is definetely not in politics
- Even if it sometimes sounds like I'm vain... I'm not. I think it's just hard for me to express myself properly, because I always try to tell the facts, even if they may sound vain.
- I can't really concentrate on one little thing. That's why I think I want to found a company or do something where I can combine all my skills, instead of just doing a regular job somewhere, because I fear the fact of doing the exact same thing, every day, for 30 years. Rather I would jump off a bridge.
- I really hate school, but I'm definetely not lazy. For example: I LOVE Astronomics/Astrophysics and can spend hours on watching video streams from universities. On the other side it's often impossible for me to pay attention in class or to do my homework or to learn for exams...
- I'm not dumb... Just wanted to say this. It's not like I don't understand what they do in school, but it's just so incredibely boring. I just hate it... And this also shows on my grades. Many people measure intelligence with grade so most of my teachers just think I'm not intelligent enough for this
- I often have problems with authorities and rules. It's not like I just want to make anything worse, but I often hate how antiquated many thinking structures are
- I always have the feeling that language is far too limited to express myself. Or: I know what I want to say, but I can't say it because everything I think seems somehow to be encrypted and when I want to talk I don't know how to translate it. Sounds weird, but this describes best what happens.
- I hate traditions in any way. I hate it when people don't like to change, even if they know it's logically right. I just hate it when the whole world don't want to change because of an odd "traditional" reason...
- Same for religion
And honestly I'm often depressive because I don't know what I have to do, what will happen with me, why nobody understands me and why I can't build up a real emotinal connection to somebody...
If you need something to know about my character, just ask.
I know this is a long post, but I hope somebody can answer my questions.