Money & Indigo

Need advice on something? We're here to help. Ask away!
Hello everyone,
I´m a new one here - from central Europe - and I´ve decided to try this web-site with the hope someone here has a similar experience, or can help me somehow, with this:

I have a son (my only child) who is now 15. Since he was born untill his puberty, he had been showing exreme signs of an "indigo child" - well, labels or no labels, he was the most extreme child around (and we live in the capital, not any small town or a suburb!), forced to change schools almost every school year. His communication skills (spoke fluently at 2), intelligence, curiosity, creativity, musical talent, and various original ways of self-expression as well as interaction with others were quite extraordinary and very mature for his age. But after his 13th birthday, he changed drastically: practically stopped moving (as for sports or going outside to play), stubbornly ended his musical education/practice, and his ONLY interest became money, having the fanciest expensive label-clothes and electronics and enjoying luxurious lifestyle (his grandparents enable him all this, unfortunatelly). When we talk, he explains that money is the most important thing in life and that his only goal is to get a good education (lately, he started doing much better at school, about which I´m happy of course, because untill recently, he was doing literally nothing at school and just refused almost any task and teacher) and a good job so he can earn lots of money. But, he doesn´t care at all WHAT he will do, he doesn´t believe it is important that he will love what he will do or express his natural talents in his work - the only goal is to earn money... All this is sad and strange to me even more because I am the total opposite of such attitudes: I work in the publishing house most famous in our country for spirituality, mind-body-spirit subjects; I practice astrology and card-reaging; I constantly work on my own spiritual and personal development; I´m very modest as for material side of life; I always led my son to love and respect nature, animals, environment and other people, and to have a creative, authentic, fear-less approach to life. He sees me as a weirdo, a representative of a "minority", and he repeats he is not and won´t be like me.

I struggled with "parental dissapointment" for some time, and then I just let it go. I believe we all have our journey here, and each soul knows what he/she needs to experience here, and its their private thing. But I still wonder - HOW COME THAT THIS HAS BEEN SUCH AN ENORMOUS SHIFT IN MY SON?? It is almost as if I gave birth to that very special, strange boy, who was after reaching his puberty suddenly just "gone" and this young man now is simply someone else... I do not judge it anymore, but deep inside I still feel the need to UNDERSTAND.

Thanks ahead for any response to this.
Love and light to you all! :)
Maldora

by Odin
I think that he feels that taking a chance with his in born talents is too much of a risk at the moment, so he'll stick his head in the direction of what he knows for sure... Money, he feels the pressures of society obviously, alot of people seem to love money and the things that it attracts, he'll need enough of it if he is going to support his own grandchildren that way, plus inflation and interest, he's got alot to prove, but it's a diversion to his true purpose and if he's somewhere in there, then he'll wake up when he's ready... He might end up getting bored of making money and doing things the hard way sooner than he realises. That in my opinion was one of his starts on a path that has lots.
Odin

I'm a 15 year old female. It's because that's the way our society is, and since he goes to school he sees and understands that by observing other kid's actions. He's probably just taking a small decourse, and in time he'll come back to his senses and realize what's TRULY important. All kids go through stages like this. Just please, please don't let him stray too far from who he really is for too long or else he might not come back. I, myself, went through one of these stages, though I was much younger being around 11 or 12. I thought popularity, money, clothes, etc. was the most important thing because that's how the rest of the kids I went to school with were like. However, that only lasted for about a year. I eventually saw my mistakes and corrected them. I was so ugly on the inside, and it breaks my heart to see that I became one of those people. Everyone makes mistakes though, and he's just in the process of learning. Let him grow, but don't let him stray from his true path. Materialistic things will NOT make him happy, and you of all people know this. Hope I helped at all :)
willowthetree

by pebble
I was very concerned with wearing the "right things" when I was younger. It was not for the material desire that I did so. It was because it made me feel like I was more a part of, more normal. It is not easy to feel different from your peers when you are young and wearing the popular and those labels may be a way to cope.
Puberty is a very difficult time and I think many "special ones" desire to drop their specialness for a time and just be. The understanding that they acquire when they re-find spiritual roots is deeper often than the rare ones that never stray from that path. He will understand a world they have no frame of reference for and thus his service to such will be enhanced.
pebble

He probably is rebellion against everything you stand for.
Agree with everything he does and see if he disagrees, lol

As for making money, I love making money nothing wrong with it. It does no harm in making the one thing that everyone seems to fight against.
If he's a good person, money won't change him
sean mac aoide

by Maldora
[QUOTE=pebble;914254]I was very concerned with wearing the "right things" when I was younger. It was not for the material desire that I did so. It was because it made me feel like I was more a part of, more normal. It is not easy to feel different from your peers when you are young and wearing the popular and those labels may be a way to cope.
Puberty is a very difficult time and I think many "special ones" desire to drop their specialness for a time and just be. The understanding that they acquire when they re-find spiritual roots is deeper often than the rare ones that never stray from that path. He will understand a world they have no frame of reference for and thus his service to such will be enhanced.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was great and deep, thanks a lot!
Maldora

by Maldora
Thanks, I like your reply :-)
Maldora

I think I am an indigo too. But I found hard to communicate with others. I was alone and I got more and more involved to materialistic things ( t.v, money, video games, money, mobile, pc games...) But now I understood that It is impossible to find peace in materialistic things and I am again back to the spiritual things.
Jishnu Ray Chowdhury

by drakke1
I think the others have addressed the issue pretty well already. But, i would like to share this material with you as it might prove beneficial to you and your friends

http://lightworkers.org/forum/78632/free-reiki-attunements-including-master-level

http://xtrememind.com/AttunementManual.pdf

http://pjentoft.com/0Reiki.html

Many Blessings ***
drakke1

by sshenry
I know that this isn't exactly the same, but when I was 16 I gave up everything that I was in order to fit in. It was just too hard to be different. I didn't even have the support of a family who was willing for me to be different, they tried to force me to conform; they were afraid of my abilities. I was under so much pressure and guilt that I finally did give in. For 12 years I tried my hardest to be anything - anyone other than what I knew in my heart that I was. It took the birth of my second daughter to wrench me back to reality (so to speak) and to my own true nature, and to make me realize that I had never been designed to fit in, but to stand out.

Don't give up hope - the seed is still in his heart, he just needs to uncover it for himself, and he will when the time is right. :)
sshenry

I agree with sshenry. It's a huge part of being afraid to be different. We're all a little "strange" when it comes to the culture that we have today. I often find myself trying to fit in around other people. I'm afraid to ever talk about anything spiritual around anyone and I constantly finding myself saying things and acting in a way that I normally wouldn't; but, when I get home at night, all I want to do is find myself and be who I "really" am.

He'll find himself soon. Maybe you can leave "reminders" around about who he really is, just to make him think about it from time to time. If you surround him with memories of who he was/still is, maybe that boy will come back to you.
JamieDiana

Thanks

Thanks so far to all of you (I don´t know how to "thank" directly to the various members...) it is indeed interesting and insightful to read all of your ideas and shared experience - I´m glad I posted my issue here, I definitely feel better after your shared messages. :)
Maldora

Oh well that was a good sharing.
franceschaM