another label?

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself, we're all friendly here.
Hi, i was directed here by a lady who read my birth chart/tarot cards. I've always felt different, like there was a secret I had to find out to know more about me and the world, now I understand there is not one secret but several secrets. I have a question, an issue about joining a society, a part of me thinks, isn't this another of those labels of identification we humans give ourselves for security? What is this?

peace.
25031990eliza

hi eliza, nice to know you.

there are lots of threads in this forum, read it in your spare times.
it works for me, i'm a newbie too though :p
silvercharm

It all depends on how you look at it.

Indigo can be viewed as a label, and a person might think, "ok if i'm this indigo person, then I must behave a certain way or fit into this mold". But this may be counter-productive and actually goes against the world view of most 'indigos'.

For me, 'indigo' isn't so much a label, but an explanation, a way of understanding why I've always felt a certain way, why I see the world a certain way, and what my purpose in life is. It doesn't mean that you have to have any specific beliefs, 'indigo' is not a religion.

Labels are just loaded words. A concise way of communicating a whole wealth of information. They are neither bad nor good. Its all about how a person understand a label and how they choose to use it.

My advice would be to browse the forum a bit, see what kind of vibes you pick up, and decide if you feel you will benefit from being here.

:) peace
overflow88

Hi eliza, welcome to IS :)
Grounded Gifts

you are absolutely right.

there are many secrets/hidden truths that most of society are unaware of.

indigo is just a label and doesn't define you, but is a good place to start undoing all the conditioning.
Lady Neptune

thanks people, you are nicer than expected, not that anything was expected. I will browse the forum a bit, there's a lot to learn :)
25031990eliza

[QUOTE=25031990eliza;915729]Hi, i was directed here by a lady who read my birth chart/tarot cards. I've always felt different, like there was a secret I had to find out to know more about me and the world, now I understand there is not one secret but several secrets. I have a question, an issue about joining a society, a part of me thinks, isn't this another of those labels of identification we humans give ourselves for security? What is this?

peace.[/QUOTE]

your initial assumptions are correct
tread lightly
landmines and tar pits
Tom Cruise

by AmonRa
You don't have to identify with the label... You can always orbit the community, and share what you have for what you need :) Remember Travelers don't settle down by definition :)
AmonRa

by Lonni
Overflow88- I agree with you!
No point in sticking to labels...
Lonni

Return to index page Introductions