Can LSD cure alcoholism?

Everything related to Health and Healing. Information on ADD, ADHD, and more Indigo symptoms that are ignorantly treated.
"Several decades ago, a number of clinics used LSD to treat alcoholism with some success.
But until now, no research has pulled together the results of these trials to document exactly how effective LSD was.
Now a new analysis of randomised controlled trials of the drug provides evidence for a clear and consistent beneficial effect of LSD for treating alcohol dependency."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2111687/LSD-alcohol-Trials-59-problem-drinkers-improve-single-dose-hallucinogen.html#ixzz1oexdhLy5

Is this one addiction to replace another. What is the cause of these needs or addictions? Society? Family? The way man treats each other? Vibrational levels here on the Earth?
magonia

by rabana
if this was a regular old poisoned-out addictive (they all are) pharmaceutical would you be so scandalized?

LSD was developed to treat psychiatric problems but as we all know, it took on a life of its own.
rabana

It's interesting because the first time I really faced my alcoholism was during a mushroom trip. It was like I was ripped from my own denial and received a very harsh dose of reality... I just saw everything as it truly was, and I saw the fact that I was going to die if I didn't change. It still took another few years before I hit my true "rock bottom" and quit drinking, but that was the first step on my long, painful path to healing.

So yeah, I could absolutely see how something like LSD, mushrooms or possible other substances could be used theraputically to help with alcoholism. I do not believe it is "replacing one addiction with another" because the nature of these psychedelics is nothing like alcohol (or most other hard drugs). I don't consider them addictive at all really. Being an alcoholic/former crack addict/former cig smoker I obviously have a pretty addictive personality... and I've never felt a hint of the addictive drive with these sort of psychedelic drugs. In fact if anything, usually I'm good for a LONG time after a trip and have no desire to do it again anytime soon.
climbing

by h0bby1
originally lsd was designed as a sort of aspirin thing =) after it has been used to cure various thing, among other alchoolism, it is told it has been succesfull into this

chemically addiction are often linked with dopamine regulation, but natural dopamine mecanics is rather complex and not very well understood, i remember in the time i was doing raves, never been really addicted to anything, but i was still quite heavy weed smoker, and it is clear when was doing parties like that, i was feeling real better during the whole week and definatly smoking less, lsd is known to have high impact on dopamine level in the brain, and it is definatly efficient to clear all kind of subconscious complex, and can be a great stress reliever that can be efficient on medium to long term with a single trip,and it is clearly not addictive at all, i think it can be good to sort of clear the path in the brain, sort of over loading the brain and everything that get in the way pop out and get resolved and it give great sense of freedom and lighthearthness that can be rather long standing

the mecanics of addiction can be rather known on a biochemical level, but it is not quite clear how to link the original unbalance leading to regular use of alchool to social or environental factors, not sure what is the real theory of the mecanism of action of lsd on alchoolism either, but it can be great tool to deal with many things lol i remember many time i was very stressed and sort of dark minded and period of heavy smoking, and feeling all this going away and been totally resolved like taking a big burden off my psyche and then feeling way better for weeks after, i could feel the effect of the trip minute after minute clearing stuff in my brain and then feeling better and better,breathing better and ending totally magically cleared out mentally lol
h0bby1

[QUOTE=climbing;916870]I do not believe it is "replacing one addiction with another" because the nature of these psychedelics is nothing like alcohol (or most other hard drugs). I don't consider them addictive at all really. Being an alcoholic/former crack addict/former cig smoker I obviously have a pretty addictive personality... and I've never felt a hint of the addictive drive with these sort of psychedelic drugs. In fact if anything, usually I'm good for a LONG time after a trip and have no desire to do it again anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

It is proven that LSD is not addictive, but can be very helpful. One should take care to take the right amount and not to overdose, as any conventional drug. Except good Marihuanna (Hemp), which can be smoked as much as you want, and has no bad side effect (proven in clinical trials).

LSD was developed by accident by the very top leading scientist of the big swiss Pharma company at Pfizer Pharmacy. He himself has been using LSD all his life, without any negative effect. But like any medical drug, you should take the right amount, and not an overdose.
Why LSD is being made bad by the controlled public media and not sold by the money hungry pharma industry now, is because it really helps and opens up peoples minds and lives, and helps them to develop and helps to let go of old garbage in ones life.

Apple founder Steve Jobs and his wife both openly said, that one of the two best things that happend in their lifes were discovering and using LSD. I think the other one was either their children or following their dreams. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs) He even said, that he thinks that Bill Gates would'nt be such a closed minded ass, if he had tried LSD at least once.
Well I dont know old Bill, but Steve Jobs maybe did. :-)

Just google it on the internet. You can also google "Timothy Leary" Or "RAM DASS" + "LSD".

But one should take care to get good LSD, and not bad dirty LSD (mixed with unpure chemicals), which can be harmful.

Just for you to know:
I never took LSD myself.
But I know about it.
You can inform yourself using the internet.

Dont believe the public media.
Always try to find out the truth behind the cover story.
OneSource

by h0bby1
[QUOTE=OneSource;916878]Why LSD is being made bad by the controlled public media and not sold by the money hungry pharma industry now, is because it really helps and opens up peoples minds and lives, and helps them to develop and helps to let go of old garbage in ones life. [/QUOTE]

this is not entierly true either, there are many thing that are way better to actually open your minds like readings books or doing math that are not illlegal and more efficient lol

and lsd use still come with many serious side effect, complete loss of orientation, and it still impair badly the whole cognitive process, still very much unadvised to drive while on it, and there can also be many bad side effects

plenty of ppl do lsd all their life and don't achieve anything really great either, and if steve jobs would have spent all his time doing lsd not sure he would have got very far either =) even in right dosage and good quality :)

it can help for various things, i still do think drugs like lsd or mdma can have a very genuine use in therapy, to cure various things from depression, to aclhoolism, addictions, or many psychological trouble, and can still give a bit of extra mental power to do things, but any one who depend on drug to perform or do anything it doesn't worth anything, i can say stuff like lsd or ampetamines can be helpfull sometime to push a bit some things, or to give extra mental power to deal with complex issues, but it doesn't do everything either, and it is far from being the best thing to do in itself to open your minds and being succesfully creative on long term industrial project either :) even if many ppl used it in their life, i really doubt steve jobs spent all his day on lsd either while he was working on his stuff :) or that only doing lsd and not anything else like actually reading books, doing math and traditional learning with sober head really get anywhere either :) i really don't think the governement would mind population made of uneducated lsd doing hippies compared to clean head educated industrially productive persons :)

and regarding clinical use, there are still also many case where it give also very unpredictible result, and its effect are not very well known, and can also create bad effect in some ppl, even at correct dose and good quality, there can be many reason why it is not used as generic treatement in clinical environement , here they speak about experiement who were succesfull with curing alchoolism, and it can be usefull into this, but there are also many case where it was not that great :)
h0bby1

yes, LSD can cure alcoholism
but then,
you're addicted to acid
Stephen Colbert

by h0bby1
[QUOTE=Stephen Colbert;916980]yes, LSD can cure alcoholism
but then,
you're addicted to acid[/QUOTE]

no, it work with one trip more or less, if one trip doesn't do the effect, doing hundred of them won't do much more :) it is not replacing alchool by acid, but doing acid once to clear your mind and then being cured :) it is more the principle :)
h0bby1

[QUOTE=h0bby1;916999]no, it work with one trip more or less, if one trip doesn't do the effect, doing hundred of them won't do much more :)[...] [/QUOTE]

I guess I'll have to accept the wisdom from he who has the experience on this issue.
Stephen Colbert

by h0bby1
not sure it would work out like that for all case of chronic alchoolism, but when it is linked with issue like stress/depression or psychologic thing, it can surely help to clear out your mind
h0bby1

using LSD to cure alcoholism is called cross addiction, getting rid of of one addiction with another that's why I was so scared to go to the gym the first 3 months I was in rehab.

lv chel
xx
[7.7.7.x.CORE]

by h0bby1
[QUOTE='[7.7.7.x.CORE];917061']using LSD to cure alcoholism is called cross addiction, getting rid of of one addiction with another that's why I was so scared to go to the gym the first 3 months I was in rehab.

lv chel
xx[/QUOTE]

no the principle is not to replace regular alchool consomation by lsd consomation , it doesn't work like this at all :) it is just one take of lsd period, not replacing regular alchool consmation by regular lsd take :) it is more on the line of accelerated psychotherapy, in one day or something :) not to replace the lack of alchool by lsd :)
h0bby1

by h0bby1
but also me i always did lsd in context of free parties with DJ friends, so it was also very cool generally, and i think it also account for it, but sometime i know it is directly the lsd also who evacuated all bad stuff from my brain, i could feel it clearly lol like the big black cloud being evacuated from my brain, and then period therapy finished in a matter of minute or hours :)

like in this context :

[video=youtube;Dz5rG3GOxxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz5rG3GOxxs[/video]

they gave you what ? :D

with music and good dj who know about energy healing and context account a lot for it, but i think even lsd only in itself it can really have positive influence on many psychological disorder that can lead to alchoolism or other problems, but the context also play a lot in the context of real therapy =)
h0bby1

by h0bby1
it is known that lsd and psychedelic drugs in general are good for doing work on your psyche in very short time, it is like it boost your ability to deal with inner issue by 1000 :) and it can clearly resolve things in a matter of hours that would take month to deal with otherwise, but it depend on some cases also, it is not 100% systematic either :) it is very much psycho active, so it work with the mind directly , so it depend on the context why the person is addicted, but when it is mixed with depression, stress, or inner conflict, or subconscious issue, it can really give very good result in the good context and with proper guidance and surrounding
h0bby1

I don't agree with it cos, LSD is a trip therfore you wouldn't know your having withdrawels from alcohol which can kill you & yeah you may get over alcohol dependancy but the LSD is just wrecking your brain & body, I hate drugs lol. just my opinion you do make a good point though I just don't agree sorry. :)

chel
xx
[7.7.7.x.CORE]

by h0bby1
[QUOTE='[7.7.7.x.CORE];917074']I don't agree with it cos, LSD is a trip therfore you wouldn't know your having withdrawels from alcohol which can kill you & yeah you may get over alcohol dependancy but the LSD is just wrecking your brain & body, I hate drugs lol. just my opinion you do make a good point though I just don't agree sorry. :)

chel
xx[/QUOTE]

well it is the same principle than with shamanic rituals, it is like a inner journey, like taking a microscope to deal with a micro issue, and addiction to alchool it is not necessarily at the point of withdrawal like this, there are many factors involved in all addictions, the physical thing is one thing, but there many other factors, ppl don't get addicted to anything without psychological factors involved behind, and the lsd thing is not working on chemical unbalance or like a chemical therapy, but to induce sort of state in the mind to deal with the psycological aspect that lead ppl to addiction, it doesn't work by correcting a chemical imbalance, it is not the way psychedelic drugs work at all

it is not like the principle of withdrawal at all, really nothing to do with the principle of methadone with heroin or palliative, it is really a very different way of functionning :)
h0bby1

by h0bby1
i know a bit about addiction cause my mother is neuro biologist in hospital, and she make lot of research on mecanism of addiction, specially with alchool and cocaine, so i know a bit about the mecanism of addiction and withdrawal, from a bio chemical point of view, like paliative and stuff, but the approach taken with lsd or psychedelics is really not the same thing at all, it is not to be used as a palliative or a replacement or to deal with withdrawal, but to deal with the psychological issue that lead ppl to do alchool or other, it is really not to be taken as to help with withdrawal or lack of alchool, but with psychological issue at the root of it
h0bby1

by h0bby1
but indeed in case of hard physical addiction where it involves already severe chemical unbalance due to alchool addiction, lsd will not solve it, it is more for light to mid addiction linked with psychological issue, depression, low self esteem , lack of perspective in life, lack of motivation or alike
h0bby1

by h0bby1
and i asked my mother who is professional neurbiologist, pharmacology teach at university about lsd, i asked her, she told me lsd is not neuro toxic, it can lead to many psychological issue, and she told me that each time there is big festival or techno party, it fill the emergency room with ppl in bad trip or with drug problems lol but otherwise, as far as traditional toxicity is concerned, lsd is rather non toxic at all, there is actually no known neurological problem induced by lsd, compared to amphetamines, crack, cocaine, heroines, those yes they disturb severly the brain and the organism, and create clear physical problem in the brain, and disturb the organism in a permanant way which lead to the whole addiction mecanism, but lsd no, it is not neuro toxic all, she told me it is one of safest drug regarding neuro toxicity, exept the psychological issue that can be induced by it, like shock state and bad trips, or others, but otherwise it is rather safe drug
h0bby1

by h0bby1
physical addiction occur when the organism is modified due to the regular use of a product, like heroin it interfer with endorphine production, when do you heroin for long time, the body stop to produce its own endorphine, long term use alter the functionning of the body, and then it is there you get the lack and withdrawal problem, it is same with cocaine crack and alchool, it alter the body or the neur chemistry in a way or another, and then the body cannot function normally anymore without the substance, its whole functioning is altered physically, in term of neuro receptor density for a certain peptid, or the alteration can be more or less complex depending on the substance, and more or less hard to solve with palliative, and for this lsd or psycedelics cannot do anything, it is not on this level that lsd can help on addiction :) it will not correct the endorphine receptor or whatever is altered by long term alchool consumation, or it will not help with withdrawal or with physical addiction at all :)

but on the other hand, it still seem efficient to some degree to deal with many psycholigical problem leading to addiction :)
h0bby1

Return to index page General Health & Healing