Night Visitor.

General Spiritual discussion

Night Visitor.

«  » by Dolcezza
I'm not sure how I should start this. It's not all that easy to explain but it really scared me at the time and I've noticed a few creepy things going on lately. So I guess I really wanted to know if any of you had some ideas about this. Here goes:

A few years ago I was seeing weird things. I saw this girl--she looked like she was dead and it's no surprise I looked away. I mean, how could I believe what I was seeing? When I looked back she was gone so I wrote this off as nothing. The next time though I was walking at night and I saw this really weird shadow move across the snow. It was really, really fast so it was out of sight before I could figure out what it was. By this time I was truly freaked out, but I didn't have much to go on so I let it all slide.

The next time made me truly believe there was something else in this world. It's not that I hadn't believed there was more here before--I did, but sometimes it's different when you have evidence thrown in your face. Anyway, I had been sleeping on the couch at my grandparents house (before I get into this further I'd like to have it known the house is pretty old and there had been a young buy who died there). Nobody was home when I woke up and it didn't take me long at all to realize something was seriously, very wrong. I couldn't move--not at all. No matter how much I tried.

It was like something was on top of me--sitting on my chest and holding me down. I didn't see anything--whatever it was, was invisible, but nonetheless scary. I struggled and I could feel the energy I was exerting to my limbs, but even still, I remained unmoving. It was one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced. It was like I was completely paralyzed, and my mind was processing the danger around me. And I knew there was danger. I began to panic, and I wasn't sure if it was true, but I knew that if you told whatever it was to leave, it would obey. It was really hard to speak. I first thought I forgot how, but I used everything inside me to scream. I succeeded nearly immediately.

I shouted "Get off of me!" and a second or two later, the pressure was gone. My arms that had been held down suddenly flew up in the air, my legs kicked and I nearly fell off the couch. I don't know how long I held my arms in the air but I soon dropped them, and looked around. I was completely terrified, even though I felt whatever it was--was gone. I didn't want it to come back. When my breathing slowed, I got up and went to the computer--really desperate to find out what just happened.

I found some worrisome things.

I remember reading that people who are depressed are more open to these attacks. I also remember reading countless similar stories. Even now as I look up "Sleep Paralysis" there are stories, youtube videos and websites. It's extremely scary. It's like you're laying there, knowing that you might not live, knowing you can't do anything about it, but hoping you'll survive. Sometimes I wonder if the only reason I got away was because I didn't give up; I never stopped fighting whatever it was that was holding me.

The reason I am seeking answers now, or even ideas as to how to protect myself, or what THIS is, is because it happened again. It was a dream though, or at least I hope it was. I was confronted by a demon who looked like a human. I was made to touch this thing on the wall and I didn't want to. I cried and fought against it, but nothing seemed to help. When she left me, because I was trying to get away, I flew a to the floor a few feet away (because the pressure was gone). When I "woke up" I looked around. I wasn't on the floor though but it was the same room the dream took place. Again I laid there for awhile, looked around. There was nothing there, or at least I didn't see anything.

I'm going to link a youtube video. There are some people in it that explain this very well and everything they described--about feeling like you were going to die is very true in my case.

Thanks for looking at this. I really hope I can get some answers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWgA882Xho Here is the video.

I also read this on a website:
Exhausted from a bout of mononucleosis and studying for finals, Hufford retreated one December day to his rented, off-campus room and fell into a deep sleep. An hour later, he awoke with a start to the sound of the bedroom door creaking open- the same door he had locked and bolted before going to bed. Hufford then heard footsteps moving toward his bed and felt an evil presence. Terror gripped the young man, who couldn't move a muscle, his eyes plastered open in fright.

Without warning, the malevolent entity, whatever it was, jumped onto Hufford's chest. An oppressive weight compressed his rib cage. Breathing became difficult, and Hufford felt a pair of hands encircle his neck and start to squeeze. "I thought I was going to die," he says

I was never choked. But this is similar to what happened to me. There's scientific explanation for this, I think. But I felt something was wrong---more wrong than not just being able to move. I felt something dangerous in that room. And maybe I am just being paranoid, but sometimes I feel like I'm being watched...

I won't even begin to lie and say that I'm not afraid because I very much am. I don't know why that happened to me a few years ago, why I was seeing things or why I woke up and couldn't move. But what I do know is that I've just recently got in touch with this site, and who I am. And the fact that this is happening again---now---it's just...well, I'm sure you can imagine. So anything any of you have to say would be so much appreciated.

-Dolcezza
Dolcezza

I've had a thing weight me down and choke me before. It happened after I went meddling in some dark occult stuff. It hasn't happened again, but then I'm all for bunnies and rainbows and unicorns.

Sephish would know what to do. :)
cjmax02

Blogs: 26

Dark occult stuff? I recently been looking into that too. I don't think it's of any significance though...least I hope not. Thanks for the reply.
Dolcezza

I decided that it was because when you open yourself up to that kind of stuff, it responds. And dark energy is not selfless energy, it's self-serving.

Not to say it deserves to disappear, it keeps the balance.

Just...be careful with yourself. "Don't pick up what you can't put down", and that kind of thing. (but good hunting anyway, you never know when knowledge of a subject will come in handy)
cjmax02

" wrote:(but good hunting anyway, you never know when knowledge of a subject will come in handy)

I think you're right about everything you said. That^ will stick with me though. Thank you for your words.
Dolcezza

totally welcome. :) happy black friday.
cjmax02

It's perfectly natural. Your body, when you fall asleep, paralyzes itself to keep you from acting out your dreams. Sleep paralysis occurs when your mind wakes up before your body or if you body falls asleep before your mind. The entities some people report seeing are just remains from dreaming and aren't real. Neither is whatever you feel is sitting on your chest. The compression feeling is part of the paralysis.

You have nothing to worry about. :)
Sephish

Blogs: 57

" wrote:You have nothing to worry about. :)

I hope you're right! Thank you very much.
Dolcezza

Sephish is so very wise. -glomp-
cjmax02

" wrote:Sephish is so very wise. -glomp-

He does seem wise and what he says does make sense. But if there's one thing I've realized, not everything is easily explained and not everything makes sense.
...I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Dolcezza

" wrote:I hope you're right! Thank you very much.

You're welcome. :)
If it happens to you often, try to overcome the fear associated with it and get more comfortable with it, since states like that can help a lot with things like lucid dreaming and astral projection.

" wrote:Sephish is so very wise. -glomp-

:D
Sephish

It can make sense, but it's not always logical sense. If you know what I mean. :)

The most important thing is to have courage. Not the same as 'not being afraid', but you're not gonna roll over and be lunch now are you? I think you're ok.

-looks up- I stroked your ego with that one, didn't I?
cjmax02

I'm sorry...astral projection? What? Could you elaborate please?
Dolcezza

Soul travel, Doll! Oh you're going to LOVE learning about this stuff!!
cjmax02

" wrote:Soul travel, Doll! Oh you're going to LOVE learning about this stuff!!

Oh! Where can I find information on this?
Dolcezza

" wrote:I'm sorry...astral projection? What? Could you elaborate please?

It's when you leave your physical body. Lots of fun once you get the hang of it.

Now it's almost 5 in the morning for me, so I'm off to induce sleep paralysis. :)
Sephish

" wrote:Now it's almost 5 in the morning for me, so I'm off to induce sleep paralysis. :)

-Snicker- You, my friend, have fun with that!
Dolcezza

it's almost 5 in the morning for me

Nighty night, Sepho!

Dolcezza, just whack 'astral projection' into google.

It was the first thing I ever read about. :) I found a site today that offers some free binaural tracks (squiffy awesome sound that stimulate certain brainwaves) and one of them is called "out of body". Now I haven't tried it (I went for the study/concentration one) but it could be useful for you.

Healing Binarual Beats
cjmax02

Thank you so much. I will definitely look into this and I appreciate you getting me started :D
Dolcezza

Yep, I have experienced the fun of sleep paralysis myself. It used to happen to me a lot more when I was younger and I'd try to call out to my mom but I couldn't even get a sound out of my throat. I've had it happen about twice in the last year. It usually happens sometime right before I get into REM sleep and I've been exhausted before I fell asleep. Sleep deprivation can spur it. it seems.

Don't put any thought into dark occult studies causing it. Those of us who don't even dabble in that stuff still experience it. So it's not linked to that.

As far as the someone watching you bit...I get that occasionally too. In places that I've deemed free of negative energy, in places where I feel very safe - it's just sometimes...I can feel someone watching me and it's a little freaky but I just go about my business like usual, reminding myself that nothing can hurt me, nothing has thus far and I've experienced far scarier events than that.

Something like a possession when I was about 8 or 9 years old. My mom was there with me when it happened and couldn't explain it really. She just kept telling me that I was a beautiful child of god full of light and love. It helped me get through it but dang, I will always remember that experience vividly.

I see things out of the corner of my eye often. I've come to make peace with it. I don't focus my attention on it much though I do acknowledge it but it's like I know whatever it is...coexists with us....

You are always safe, no matter where you are. Your heart stays with you and that is your most precious shield of all.
Astara

Blogs: 7