blood transfusion

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.

blood transfusion

«  » by sean keyes
i have rho negative blood, so after years of not donation as i had an allergy that they could not igure out, so this evening i went to donate a my allergy is gone, the facyt that i recieved a blood transfusion last year,i can no longer donate blood, the irony is they are unsure if i was infected with the transfusion so they cannot take my blood, so there ya go,
sean keyes

Blogs: 12

You are not the only one that has happened to. I work with a guy born and raised in South Africa and they won't let him give blood in the USA just because he is from Africa!
FirstWave

Blogs: 32

the irony of recieving it though, in other words we can give you a transfusion, but you cant give back to us as you might be infected, after we gave you blood, my bloods are fine as i had them checked last week, but i think its mad, well, ya know what they say,

they can give it, but they cant take it !!!
sean keyes

That ridiculous!!
FirstWave

Yep, my bf and I both cannot donate blood.

He cannot because his mom was pregnant with him in England when the mad cow disease stuff was happening in the 80's. Even though he was born on American soil and is a citizen of the US.

I cannot because I have a very rare auto-immune disease that causes anemia...not of iron...but of b-12...however, because it compromises my red blood cell count - they say I'm not healthy enough to donate.

I feel ya, Sean.

So are ya saying your allergy disappeared?
Astara

Blogs: 7

ya i had an allergy for 7 years my face,eyes,arms,stomach,just about every part of my body would swell to its limit, i,m not allergic to anything so the docs say, anyway they could not figure it out and basically told me to figure it oiut myself, i narrowed it down to stress, if i over drank, eat, not enough sleep, too much popcorn( salt) basically stress myself out in any way, id swell, i lost over 51 days off work one year as me and my boss fought alot, and this caused me to swell, i left my job four years ago and in four years ive swelled 5 times, over two years ago, but it was mad my eyes would close in upom themselves, i look like the elephant man, and when id swell id look worse !!!!!!!
sean keyes

Awww poor lovey. Sounds like a typical histamine reaction.

A lot of us that have auto-immune type reactions like that, it's caused because of stress.

I don't swell up but I start to get ailments when I am real stressed out too. I get canker sores, my hair falls out, I get headaches really bad. My boyfriend gets weird eczema bumps on his fingers when he gets really stressed out too.

I'm glad it went away! Means you've learned to handle things even if you still get stressed sometimes. I'm proud of you! I'm working on my anemia. They say it's a chronic lifetime disease that I have to take shots for every month but I've decided that I don't want to live with anything for the rest of my life so I'm working on using my mental state/attitude to make it to where I can without the injections every month. Maybe still need to get them sometimes but hopefully not every month. That's a big burden!
Astara

Blogs: 7

great idea, why not try and get them every two months and go from there, most of what we do is in our heads, we tooooooooo sensitive, i,m just learning to relax more, i dont absorb the whole earth into me, family issues, friend issues, everyons issues, these days i can have a real heart to heart with someone, and do my best to help, but i dont absorb all the emotions that come with it,

i,m interested as to how you are going to use your head to control what you have, any ideas ? what are you going to do
sean keyes

" wrote:You are not the only one that has happened to. I work with a guy born and raised in South Africa and they won't let him give blood in the USA just because he is from Africa!

are u serious? ... geez wth!
cerise333

Yes serious! He was mad but I guess they figure he carried the invisible aids virus even though he doesn't have it.
FirstWave

might as well have a look at this thread http://indigosociety.com/showthread....growth-you-too and make sure that systemic yeast overgrowth is not your 'allergy'. mostly caused by taking antibiotics or other pharmaceuticals, it has many bizarre symptoms and is usually misdiagnosed. read at least post #1 and 21.
rabana

Blogs: 4

What? For the rest of your life you cannot give blood? Wow. I couldn't the last time because I had a cold. I would be bummed if they said I could never donate again.

" wrote:i have rho negative blood, so after years of not donation as i had an allergy that they could not igure out, so this evening i went to donate a my allergy is gone, the facyt that i recieved a blood transfusion last year,i can no longer donate blood, the irony is they are unsure if i was infected with the transfusion so they cannot take my blood, so there ya go,
tmt

Blogs: 31

Thats because they do not wash blood donations in America. The blood given is as is for the recipient. Usually, if not always, the recipient is in dire straights and can't cope with even the most minor viral foe. South Africa has a lot of AIDs, which may not be apparent for years after infection, a lot of hepatitus, etc. The potential risk is not worth it for the recipient. My mother gives blood quite often, she told me they have blood of hers stored for her, if ever she should need it, or one of us kids. She was given that option because she gives so much and she has universal blood.

" wrote:You are not the only one that has happened to. I work with a guy born and raised in South Africa and they won't let him give blood in the USA just because he is from Africa!
tmt

Blogs: 31