What were you born into?

General Indigo Generation discussion
Sean? DId you get a toaster?
Corizon

My father was/is an alcoholic. They (my parents) divorced when I was 3 and my sister was 2. My father abandoned my sister and I, but popped back into the picture when he felt like it or maybe the guilt became too great. My mom worked all the time just to make ends meet. I had to watch my sister starting at a young age. I always felt the odd one. I tried to please everyone, but that didn't work either. I still try to do that to this day, but still get the same results. I didn't really start thinking for myself until recently. Which is really sad. I think in some ways I developed early and other ways I developed late.
rparsley

It would seem that a great many people on here do not have supportive fathers. I know some disagree of course, I'm not making a absolute statement. It just seems from what I've read, fathers don't seem to be in the picture much.
Antidaeophobia

Never really felt like part of my family. Not a very big close-knit family. Small and scattered. Always felt like the odd one out, could never see eye-to-eye with my parents. They were very authoritarian and that just never worked with me, pure punishment and academics and no discipline or guidance. Especially my step dad. But they kept using that attitude and it slowly made me sick until I took control and left home (and school). I do much better without them and while I do love them, I don't really like them. Well, I know for a fact they feel the same way, they told me. So, we get along fine that way with that mutual understanding. It's the first understanding we've ever had, which is a step in the right direction.

I would not say I have adopted their attitude to life. Not at all.
Amoeba

Blogs: 2

My Mother and Grandmother are very supportive. The rest of my family I'm not very close with and don't really talk. I still live with my mother and while we do argue we prefer being together rather then living alone and seperate and we usually get along well and have some great conversations. My Grandmother is alot more liberal then she was with my mom and is accepting of my many oddities. She was the one who first thought I was an indigo child because she'd read about it in a magizen. She knows that if she wants to be in my life and get along with me she just has to let me be and knows that I may behave weirdly I'm a good and moral person which is all that matters to her.

" wrote:Never really felt like part of my family. Not a very big close-knit family. Small and scattered. Always felt like the odd one out, could never see eye-to-eye with my parents. They were very authoritarian and that just never worked with me, pure punishment and academics and no discipline or guidance. Especially my step dad. But they kept using that attitude and it slowly made me sick until I took control and left home (and school). I do much better without them and while I do love them, I don't really like them. Well, I know for a fact they feel the same way, they told me. So, we get along fine that way with that mutual understanding. It's the first understanding we've ever had, which is a step in the right direction.

I would not say I have adopted their attitude to life. Not at all.
Antidaeophobia

I was born into Hell. Escaped. Now you will find me living on the outskirts between heaven and hell. I refuse to enter either, for I truly belong in neither
Zaher

im still growing up.. but ive had a interesting time so far i guess.
i never met my real dad, my mum died a few months back and ive been in foster care for about 9 months now. all ill say about living with her is it was hell and i dont know if ill ever get over what happened. my foster dad is pretty cool, he likes me to think for myself, encourages me to explore things more and even learnt to sign so we can talk easier (hes not great at it but getting better). hes applied to adopt me and so far its looking good. im just thankful i am where i am now, i try not to think about my life before moving here. so no, i dont really feel like i am part of a family.. i dont even really have any friends. i love my foster dad though and maybe one day ill get to try out that family thing =)
Sneakers

Very best of luck to all of us especially u sneakers!!!
fred aus indo

Blogs: 4

I was born into christian household, with both my parents and 3 older brothers ( my eldest brother of 28 is a indigo, i think the youngest brother of 20 is 1 too but i dunno about the middle one yet cuse i havent seen it.) . My mom is close minded but my dad is abit more open minded, and kinda opposite to my mom, my mom and i are two diffrent people, we clash alot because of the expectations nd rules she has for me cuse im a girl the only girl. but since a young age i was for equality nd fairness nd if that wasnt happening there wud be a argument. I also have a diffrent view when it comes to religion nd other stuff.

I sometimes feel like the odd one out not because im a girl but because of the way i view things weather its at school or at home. but at times i dont cuse me nd my brothers usually the eldest nd youngest 1 we have similar intrest on some stuff

I have always been indipendant, i noticed that i learned things for myself when i was young, and as i got older id always wanna do things my way.
but for most part i do love my family, my mom is a great mom, my dad is like a big kid and my brothers are hilariouse.
Aoki

" wrote:I've found that generally children tend to adopt the views of their parents, that's the way they were raised. However, I've noticed that a defining characteristic of Indigos is that they seem to be separate from their parents at a very young age and able to think for themselves. I'm just curious if most of us were born into tolerating environments that encouraged our free-thinking, or if we mostly were born into intolerant families/environments that maybe didn't seem too accepting of our thoughts and independence, esp. at such young ages. Or maybe somewhere in the middle?

Fuck if anybody adopts the views of their parents they are going to get left behind with the dinosaurs.
Not in all cases but most.
Some peoples parents have got a clue, others don't and others are super blow your mind next level clever.
Most human beings develop (indigo or not) it's called logical progression.
Indiglow

was born into a religious family.

father was a bishop, mother was a minister.

went to church almost everyday..

as a child, i dont think i cared for religion.. i probably knew i had the connection to the source already; thats why religion didnt mean nothing to me

i did read the bible but the only book i was fascinated with was the book of revelations. i used to read that book over and over
John Deleo

Hi
My father hates my mother since day one because she was borne in a bit richer family with much more order and stability.
He also has no real friends, nor good relations with his family ( 3 brothes ) ,not even his mother.
Hi hates me to (his only chid) a good part of the time.On the up side he is a engineering genius .

My mother is vary cold and cruel and has no mothernal instinct .Her brain is wired really wirde like. She is a doctor.
srky2121420

im not gonna get into it, its too comlicated, but all i can say is that all of my beliefs and thoughts are the total opposite of anyone in my family. that iincluding my nonimmediate family.
confused

my lifestyle makes it hard to even focus on the postivie, my dads condition takes up most my brain space, then the arguments make it impossible to think correctly, therefor most my communications from the spirit world, come from ghosts who just want my energy and it makes me upset because i want to move forward but ive tryed 3 times and im just not in the correctly healthy lifestyle...so its quiet depressing..
bree1992

I was first born into a family where my parents more or less pursued their own whims...so INDEPENDENCE was a main theme within my life. Although I also cared for my younger two siblings. My mother was into astrology for quite a while which made me feel as if I could tell of premonitions at times. My mother embraced it as sort of her private source for answers...lol....at age 11 and 12 my mother was attending college and would ask me her grades upon tests and stuff...I was about 98% accurate. BUT did not really like using it in that way....seemed not to anyone's benefit but hers. The premonitions I had upon most any other part of future was dismissed as do not worry about that. My mother and father seperated and divorced and she remarried a dark souled individual which was really draining during that part of my life.......so my life has been a series of peaks and valleys within my abilities...and their progress.
My mother is still like a sponge within my life and I limit my time with her. My father who walked out completely has returned with a friendship now within my life.
My sister has backed out of all our lives completely and my brother died two years ago. So here I am still striving and moving forward within my own independent foundation.
MChelle

" wrote:so i am one of the few members in here who was born in the developing country

You're not the only one, I was also born and raised in the so called "3rd world" ;)

Like you said, this can make things be complicated (and stupid)...I'll make it short: My father was actually a street kid taken in by a family truly out of the kindness of their heart, so he would not be beggin in the streets. His real father abandoned him and his 5 other siblings. His mother died when he was 3. He would have died in the streets had it not been for that family. He was adopted and grew up with them and eventually made it to college. There he met my mom, who herself also comes from an extremely poor family and got the chance to go to school merely because her father was a teacher at that school. Both became engineers (highest paying career at the time, you had to choose what would bring you money so as to not starve) and got a pretty nice job (at this time the oil industry was booming, so they did pretty well for themselves). I was born 4 years into their marriage, because they had 1 miscarriage before me and my mom was desperate for a child. I was treated very nicely my first year on this planet, but then my father starting having problems at work. My mom's career started booming, she got promotion after promotion, was doing real well and my father was not. He started to get career jealousy. 1.5 years later, my sister was born and we moved to a bigger house.

My mom has a super important position, with lots of subordinates and had to hire help. I barely ever saw my parents, they were ALWAYS working. I was raised by a nanny, who I called "mom" until I was 5. My father starts drinking and taking out his fustration on me, he beat me every single day from ages 6 to 12. In turn, I do the same to my sister. Some years later, my mom gets pregnant again, has my 2nd sister. Dad leaves, not before having an afair and getting some other lady pregnant ( I have sibling I haven't met yet, apparently). My mother copes by becoming even more workaholic, and I basically was alone from them on.

Needless to say I was NEVER supported in regards to my views, opinions, whenever I would voice them I would get literally beaten up and called "evil" or "bad". My sister (the middle one) hates my guts for having beated her up in turn. My youngest sister is oblivious to all this as she was born at the end of it all and did not experience it. I left my house at 17 yrs old, went to America, got my undergraduate there, came back, then got a grant to go to school at the other side of the world, where I live now, and I've never been happier.

So...yeah, I didn't have it easy, and I struggle a lot with letting go of the anger I have towards the abuse from my father and the negligence of my mother, and I try to remember they did the best they could with what they had, and it's true. My father was typical macho man who hated that woman could be in higher position than him, and hated when a woman would stand up to him (like me, and thats why he beat me). I'm working on having compassion towards them, its hard but I'm giving my best! :)

Peace! ~
PhoenixDown

My parents weren't married when I was conceived and my mom was told by my grandmother and some of her friends that I was going to be deformed, because I was conceived in sin..that sounds horrible but believe it or not, once I was here, my grandmother came around and she never showed me anything but love. My parents got married and are still married..my dad was an alcoholic and my mom has issues with depression. We kids did always know we were loved though and I've forgiven my parents for some of the less pleasant things that happened. I was raised Catholic and from an early age, I questioned things. Did lots of research into other religions and had a fascination with dreams, ESP and the paranormal.
Starfish1971

My mom is very open-minded and Aquarian.
Dionysus

" wrote:You're not the only one, I was also born and raised in the so called "3rd world" ;)

Like you said, this can make things be complicated (and stupid)...I'll make it short: My father was actually a street kid taken in by a family truly out of the kindness of their heart, so he would not be beggin in the streets. His real father abandoned him and his 5 other siblings. His mother died when he was 3. He would have died in the streets had it not been for that family. He was adopted and grew up with them and eventually made it to college. There he met my mom, who herself also comes from an extremely poor family and got the chance to go to school merely because her father was a teacher at that school. Both became engineers (highest paying career at the time, you had to choose what would bring you money so as to not starve) and got a pretty nice job (at this time the oil industry was booming, so they did pretty well for themselves). I was born 4 years into their marriage, because they had 1 miscarriage before me and my mom was desperate for a child. I was treated very nicely my first year on this planet, but then my father starting having problems at work. My mom's career started booming, she got promotion after promotion, was doing real well and my father was not. He started to get career jealousy. 1.5 years later, my sister was born and we moved to a bigger house.

My mom has a super important position, with lots of subordinates and had to hire help. I barely ever saw my parents, they were ALWAYS working. I was raised by a nanny, who I called "mom" until I was 5. My father starts drinking and taking out his fustration on me, he beat me every single day from ages 6 to 12. In turn, I do the same to my sister. Some years later, my mom gets pregnant again, has my 2nd sister. Dad leaves, not before having an afair and getting some other lady pregnant ( I have sibling I haven't met yet, apparently). My mother copes by becoming even more workaholic, and I basically was alone from them on.

Needless to say I was NEVER supported in regards to my views, opinions, whenever I would voice them I would get literally beaten up and called "evil" or "bad". My sister (the middle one) hates my guts for having beated her up in turn. My youngest sister is oblivious to all this as she was born at the end of it all and did not experience it. I left my house at 17 yrs old, went to America, got my undergraduate there, came back, then got a grant to go to school at the other side of the world, where I live now, and I've never been happier.

So...yeah, I didn't have it easy, and I struggle a lot with letting go of the anger I have towards the abuse from my father and the negligence of my mother, and I try to remember they did the best they could with what they had, and it's true. My father was typical macho man who hated that woman could be in higher position than him, and hated when a woman would stand up to him (like me, and thats why he beat me). I'm working on having compassion towards them, its hard but I'm giving my best! :)

Peace! ~

where are you from exactly?
fred aus indo

Blogs: 4

I was born to two diagnosed schizophrenic parents who met in the asylum, and decided to get married and make babies. They had their first baby, my oldest sister, and mother saw something evil that she didn't like in her and almost threw her against the wall, until a nurse walked in on it and took Merrie away. Merrie was given to the people we call Mom and Dad now, our grandfather and step-grandmother. Two years later, January of 1988, they had the second child,
Annie. My mother decided after a few months that she couldn't take care
of Annie, and Annie too soon went to live with our grandfather and step-grandmother. In December of 1988, 11 months after Annie's birth,
I was born. My parents were able to take care of me for 16 months,
until they abandoned me one day in my crib. My parents' neighbor found my parents swimming, didn't get a good answer to where I was, called the police, and came to find me almost dead from heat exhaustion. From there, I was
taken to a foster family, then to my grandfather and step-grandmother.

I don't feel sad about it. I feel fortunate! These days, I consider that my parents never really were sick. They might just have been extremely sensitive, and had no positive support. The relationship my sisters and I have with our grandparents is very loving, and THEY are truly our mother and father. I wouldn't change a thing growing up. This is the way it definitely is supposed to be.

That's what I was born into. Not what I was raised by though.
My parents that I was raised by were catholic, and are following my sisters and my footsteps to spirituality. It's beautiful.
chongojenn

Blogs: 48