The Other side of the Coin

General Indigo Generation discussion

The Other side of the Coin

«  » by Malacar
So, ive been asked to create thread telling of the "Other" side of the coin. Darkness is not evil, that i must not stress more, darkness has never been evil, it has been associated with evil, or "The dark Side" but it is in no way evil, as light is in no way good. What is light and darkness? Why are there no Star Children, why are there no Obsidian Children, No Shadow Walkers? There are many types of light, so i ask you all to search in an area you arent comfortable in, look into the darkness and see it for what it is, both light and dark are indeed similar paths, although they are hardly the same.
Darkness is simply those of us who see the night as more attractive then the day. I find the sight of our Moon Mother much more comforting than our great blinding father. It is so hard to explain what i am, and how we are similar and yet VASTLY different. We all have the same goals, although we are indeed going to have to come to terms and accept each other for being different, perhaps this will be our greatest challenge, perhaps we will all have to accept that which we are not to ultimately succeed. There can be no Diamond child without its counter part, so i ask you, instead of looking into the light, for one day look into that which you do not understand, some of you may not even wish to look in this type of area, but, i ask you to step out of your box, feel for something new, and know that we are similar in our goals.
What darkness is NOT. Darkness does NOT mean we are satanists, and any who think or will say such things like this are NOT welcomed on this thread, we are not self wound inflicting emo's, we are not goths, we are drug addicts, we are very similar to you, our mind just works a different way, we all want the same goals im assuming.
You can find evil in any crack, any crevice, whether it be light or dark, the sooner people realize this and accept the darkness, and those with it as allies, the sooner we can all progress.
I am not some young kid rambling on about that which i do not know, i have experienced so much more then some of you will give me credit for. I have seen the love of my life stabbed in front of me, felt her warmth wash over my hands, i have absorbed dark energy due to spiritual trances had convulsions in the extreme while still under, i have seen death all around me, i have watched the light rise and fall for over a thousands days, i have seen that which has befallen, we all have, so i ask you, is it really so hard to believe that darkness could be good also...? I have seen my friends beg me for help, i have seen so much, felt so much, know so much, i only wish you all to truly open yourself's to the truth that there is another side of this coin, and if it is not addressed then we are all surely not truly ready for what lies ahead, how can we be if we cant even accept what lies right in front of us, how can we paint a picture the size of the world when we do not like our paint? Or our canvass, or our brushes, or even painting...?
So, ill stop rambling and simply say, share your thoughts on this matter, i beg you, perhaps we all might learn something about that "Other" side of the coin, should we choose too...
Malacar

Blogs: 2

The way I see it. Darkness and light are one and the same, energy. It is only our eyes that are born to differentiate between the too visually. I myself prefer neither the day nor night over the other. But the inbetween times. Dusk, and dawn.

...Although if I had to choose which side, I'd probably go for the night. The sun makes me fall asleep lol.
Cusp_Child

Blogs: 3

Malacar I have been through similar life experiences. I am definitely a daughter of Persephone.
pebble

Blogs: 4

Many people walk in light and avoid darkness, but really why are we afraid of the dark? If there is no light what you can see? Some people can see anything which is a bit scary, some others can see weird features/entities and there are people who can see behind the dark veil (they are described as tiny lights). Night is connotated with anything magical, mysterious and various folklore tales.

As it concerns the energy, personally I don't see dark and light energy, I can only see how people are manipulating this energy and for which purpose. Lightworkers are supposed to use the energy for the good of all people, on the other hand darkworkers use the energy for their own purposes. Don't we all use the energy for our own purposes too? Then why discriminate that?

By facing the darkness, we are facing our darkest fears, memories buried in subconsciousness. How strong can someone be to face them? It's hard to bring up these memories, hurting past life experiences and any kind of fears. Thank you Malacar for posting this. :)
AmazonPrincess

Blogs: 30

When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”
~Romeo and Juliet/Shakespeare~

(sorry Philip)
pebble

Amen my brother of darkness!!!!

I wouldn't consider myself a purebreed dark one, I live in the grey :p
But I can't dispute the fact that you've made a damn good point.

I love the night, it seems so more magical and peaceful than the busy bustle of the daylight hours. Plus, I can gaze at the moon for as long as I want, without fear of going blind :p

There is an unhealthy amount of focus on one particular side of the coin, so it's good to shed some light on the other, no matter how ironic that is ^_^

Light & Darkness everyone :p
Spyder

" wrote:The way I see it. Darkness and light are one and the same, energy. It is only our eyes that are born to differentiate between the too visually. I myself prefer neither the day nor night over the other. But the inbetween times. Dusk, and dawn.

...Although if I had to choose which side, I'd probably go for the night. The sun makes me fall asleep lol.

I have to agree largely with this!! :D Both being energy, our eyes/visual perception being the only thing that can physically differentiate between the two.... I'm also a love of the 'inbetween times' as you put it... dusk and dawn :) Might I ask cusp_child what cusp are you? I am a cusp as well, Cancer/Leo

There have been times in my past where I have felt a lot of 'darker' energy within me... times where I felt dark energies were trying to enter me, in my mind... but all of that is gone now. As of now I feel pure warmth and light in my soul but I believe both sides are within us. We can choose to manifest one over the other, or find a balance in between. I have no fear of darkness, as I have seen and felt many 'dark' things, however my psyche and my spirit thrive with more 'light energy'... specifically during the day... while I will allow my soul to pour out its inner depths in the night where my creativity and inspired mind are at a calmer more intuitive state. :) So I soak up the sun during the day, with all of my abundant energy and gather inspiration around me in bliss and happiness... and at night I relax and crawl within my mind and make art with my passions and pains... which I feel I need a little dark energy to do. Not sure if that makes quite enough sense or not but that is how I do things... haha! :)
musiquEclectic

For me, i am CONSTANTLY tired during the day, in the night mothers embrace i am always awake, to know the difference between light and dark is like knowing the difference between your emotions, you can never truly understand either, but you can embrace each.
Malacar

" wrote:For me, i am CONSTANTLY tired during the day, in the night mothers embrace i am always awake, to know the difference between light and dark is like knowing the difference between your emotions, you can never truly understand either, but you can embrace each.

Your right on that too ^_^

I feel like a zombie for any time in the A.M, after sunset I get this boost of energy :p

We all have a light & dark side, it's just more healthy to embrace both :D
Spyder

I feel like I should say something here, but I find myself with nothing to add to the OP

thank you
Lelitu

So now, i want to ask you all, why do we naturally fear the dark?
Malacar

I don't. I think part of it is cultural programming and the other part is a basic survival instinct, there are big hungry things with sharp teeth & claws out there in the dark that will happily munch down on a wondering cave-man. That's my hypothesis anyway, there could be more contributing factors....
Spyder

There are always those which we do not know of my friend, those which we have forgotten but our mind still fears
Malacar

Bring it on I say. I eat shadow people for breakfast :D
Spyder

Darkness is the light we can't see yet, the dark aspects of our characters, our fears, any kind of phobia. Some people find the courage to deal with their fears, some other not. Darkness is even the hidden memories of the subconsciousness related to traumatic past life memories.
AmazonPrincess

Blogs: 30

It wasn't dark that I feared. It was my fondness of it that scared me....not scared of not being scared of the dark anymore...I am a night person always have been but spent alot of time trying to be a morning person because that's where I was taught that I should belong...unlearning:)
pebble

" wrote:I have to agree largely with this!! :D Both being energy, our eyes/visual perception being the only thing that can physically differentiate between the two.... I'm also a love of the 'inbetween times' as you put it... dusk and dawn :) Might I ask cusp_child what cusp are you? I am a cusp as well, Cancer/Leo

There have been times in my past where I have felt a lot of 'darker' energy within me... times where I felt dark energies were trying to enter me, in my mind... but all of that is gone now. As of now I feel pure warmth and light in my soul but I believe both sides are within us. We can choose to manifest one over the other, or find a balance in between. I have no fear of darkness, as I have seen and felt many 'dark' things, however my psyche and my spirit thrive with more 'light energy'... specifically during the day... while I will allow my soul to pour out its inner depths in the night where my creativity and inspired mind are at a calmer more intuitive state. :) So I soak up the sun during the day, with all of my abundant energy and gather inspiration around me in bliss and happiness... and at night I relax and crawl within my mind and make art with my passions and pains... which I feel I need a little dark energy to do. Not sure if that makes quite enough sense or not but that is how I do things... haha! :)

Hopefully i don't de-rail this, but I am or...was, a cusp child, meaning born in transition between indigo and crystal. :) Now I identify more with crystals though. Anyways, I totally understand!!! The sun feels amazing on my skin. Sometimes I feel like a plant just absorbing it's warmth.

And other times, I take to the moon and the stars. But most of the time it's the in between that I live for. That bluish-grey light that one sees just before the sun rises and just after it sets :)
Cusp_Child

" wrote:I have to agree largely with this!! :D Both being energy, our eyes/visual perception being the only thing that can physically differentiate between the two.... I'm also a love of the 'inbetween times' as you put it... dusk and dawn :) Might I ask cusp_child what cusp are you? I am a cusp as well, Cancer/Leo

Hopefully i don't de-rail this, but I am or...was, a cusp child, meaning born in transition between indigo and crystal. :) Now I identify more with crystals though. Anyways, I totally understand!!! The sun feels amazing on my skin. Sometimes I feel like a plant just absorbing it's warmth.

And other times, I take to the moon and the stars. But most of the time it's the in between that I live for. That bluish-grey light that one sees just before the sun rises and just after it sets :)
Cusp_Child

i have never seen my self as a lightworker or a darkworker, rather i strive always for balance and neutrality.
i used to stay up all night almost every night, i could work in the night time better because less distractions and everyone else was asleep. so i often find myself going to bed as the sun comes up.
not lately, more due to not having electric lights...but will probably get some soon.

and as for serving self or serving others, ultimately they are the same, at least to me. i would like others to do what pleases them truly, and i can see how that could be very easily the same, the universe could want for me to what pleases myself....why assume that the universe doesnt want what you want?
the only reason that would be the case is in forcing something, or being...well selfish in a negative way, sometimes it does happen that what one wants is at odds with other people, the universe. but ultimately if we align, then we want for ourselves what the universe wants and vice versa, other would want us to be happy, and those things would be aligned with making other people happy.

from a certain perspective. from that perspectivealso being a darkworker or a lightworker seems like a strange distinction too...
but then from another perspective, having been thru whatever experiences i have... i say it is one thing to embrace the darkness and certain aspects of self and others, and another to wallow in it and to create certain so called dark experiences. in that way i could say i choose the light, but that is in a specific definition of "darkness"
leila

Blogs: 9

also AKBAL - blue electric night is my mayan astrology signature, it really resonated with me when i first read about it.
you might enjoy this..even outside of that context...a longer version of the mayan astrology night symbol

Blue Electric Night

I activate in order to dream,
Bonding intuition.
I seal the input of abundance
With the electric tone of service.
I am guided by the power of accomplishment.

Blue night is the dark mystery within, the journey into self, that place to which you can always retreat to garner the gifts of your process subjectively. You are being asked to enter into and explore your process subjectively. Blue Night is the immense field of potential found in the depths of human emotion and feeling. The touch of Blue Night is like the moment you crawl into bed and feel yourself surrounded by warmth, darkness and peace.

Blue Night's abyss holds the potent evolutionary playing field of all possibility. Here, as in the aboriginal dreamtime, there are no distinctions between then and now, real or imagined, dream or dreamer. In this expanded field, all things are not only possible but are constantly in the process of creation. In the framework of dreamtime, limiting constructs of "ordinary reality" such as time, space, and linear causality are freed into an expanded system, with unlimited access to ALL realities.

Dreamtime holds powerful opportunities. It is a field where potential, past, and future are held in the same matrix as the present moment. If such a construct is foreign to you, stretch your mind and entertain the possibility that you could help to dream a different reality into being. Enter into the mystery where reality is actually created.

In becoming a conscious dreamer, you can assist in literally creating a new reality for yourself, as well as constributing to the larger dream that is emerging. By focusing on this creation, your thoughts and intentions are projected at superluminal speeds across the crystal grid network that encompasses universes. This energetic field seeds, supports, and empowers the creation of an unfolding reality.

At a certain point, when a critical threshold of energy has been focused on a clear intent such as world peace, the underlying constructs of reality shift and a new reality begins filtering into human experience. Make no mistake: great change is seeded by conscious dreamers who understand and know that they are co-creating the larger dream.

A meditation for Blue Night is, "I am the darkness that is the light and the stillness that is the dancing." This meditation perfectly describes the paradoxical energy of Blue Night, the place of darkness from which all light emanates, the no-form abyss that contains all possibility. In finding this still point of Blue Night, you can access any expression of the light. The energy of Blue Night simply asks you to be still, to allow that expression to take shape from the darkness. From the darkness of Blue Night emerges the Essence Self. Sit in stillness, embracing the journey of insight and integration.

The colour of Blue Night is black, which represents the womb of the larger self, the receptive condition necessary to receive the light fully. Black is also an access route to the wisdom of the unconscious, the mystery of the abyss where you can tap into the collective dreamfield for insight and creative ideas. Blue Night also includes the shades of gray, symbolic of the merging of light with the darkness. If you wish to work with the energy of Blue Night, visualize black.
leila

Blogs: 9