Rumors about banning and whatnot

Transparent moderation forum. Banning's and issues discussed in open between members and moderators. (moderated)
Rumors about banning and whatnot «  » by Ian
Perma Banning all your members because they speak out and ask questions isn't going to do any good. There is no sanctity to protect if we are all gone.

I'm replying to this because you're a long time member with a lot of great perspectives... I'd hate to see someone like you get disillusioned with IS.

What I want to point out is that absolutely no one has been banned for speaking out. A few people have been claiming this, but you will notice that for the most part they don't have examples of it happening, as though just saying it really loud and repeatedly is enough... And maybe it is if they are starting to convince people.

The few examples that they do have are members who received multiple warnings, not for speaking out but for breaking common sense rules. When warnings didn't work they got infractions (basically just another kind of warning) and then, when nothing else worked, a short temp ban. Only after they also ignored the temp ban were they banned for good. In some cases not even then.

You have to actually try, really hard, to get banned from Indigo Society.

But please correct me if you disagree, do you know someone who has been banned for speaking out? Have you ever been censored or told you couldn't say what you thought?

A large number of people felt that the mods were overstepping their authority. People were banned.

It isn't a large number of people, it's a tiny percentage of active posters. What might be giving you the impression that it's a large number of people is all the alternate and troll accounts, created by only a few people, who jump on any chance to fan anti IS flames.

The more persistent ones (there are only a couple) have made it clear publicly that all they're interested in is taking IS down. If they can create the impression that there is some kind of terrible authoritarian conspiracy at IS which a few righteous members are fighting against then it's a huge step towards that goal.

You don't have to take my word for this, there is a little forum many of you have probably heard about where you can go and read about it for yourself... If you can stomach reading through all the hate to find the posts I'm referring to.

Sometimes I wish that we didn't have to delete the awful crap these people post, it would be obvious then, but we don't really have a choice, no one is going to visit a forum where the majority of the posts are full of hate and pictures of people's assholes (literally). New members need a chance to get comfortable and they can't do that if the first post in their intro thread is someone threatening to rape them and posting pictures of human body parts in a meat grinder. One of our trolls even got a hold of pictures of one of the mod's children and threatened to have sex with them. There is no way a forum can do anything but ban someone like that.

Again, where are the actual examples of people being treated unfairly? The rules are pretty straighforward and easy to follow.

So for anyone reading this that is new to IS, please don't get the wrong idea. You don't have to worry about getting banned. You can rant, you can debate, you can disagree. It's all good as long as you don't actually attack anyone... and even then you're not going to get banned for crossing the line one time. You can get away with a lot more at IS than you can at most forums.
Ian

«  » by Ian
Note: I'm happy to answer any questions but please don't post any more of the baseless claims or general negativity in this thread. You're welcome to start a new one for that.
Ian

«  » by problematique
Amenti is right.

You Ian, should be a politician lol.
problematique

«  » by Lion Lady
Exactly. Hah.
Lion Lady

«  » by problematique
don't ban anyone-- just delete any post on this thread that you disagree with--
which coincidentally reinforces Amenti's sentiments.

thank you Ian for staying true to you :)
problematique

«  » by [7.7.7.x.CORE]
I have ran out of thnks, Ian, so ----- THANKS :D

chel
xx
[7.7.7.x.CORE]

«  » by Grounded Gifts
Ian wrote: You can get away with a lot more at IS than you can at most forums.

Since I joined IS, I've seen more people get away with more negativity than anywhere else I've seen on the internet.

Yet it seems the negative people think it's not negative enough here.

The negative people don't pay to be here. It's free. They say they want to be entertained and to be abusive. For free.

The internet sure is a laugh sometimes :D
Grounded Gifts

«  » by climbing
I've been saying all that stuff for ages. But when people want to fight, they make one, whether one exists or not.
climbing

«  » by leavingterra
climbing wrote:I've been saying all that stuff for ages. But when people want to fight, they make one, whether one exists or not.

I think Ian's reference to "the other forum" as a hate-filled place full of goatse pics is a divisive "us v. them" sort of fighting tactic.
Not picking a fight, climbing, just pointing that out.
leavingterra

«  » by Grounded Gifts
I think hate and psychological violence are divisive :) That's part of the reason most people don't choose them!
Grounded Gifts

«  » by climbing
leavingterra wrote:I think Ian's reference to "the other forum" as a hate-filled place full of goatse pics is a divisive "us v. them" sort of fighting tactic.
Not picking a fight, climbing, just pointing that out.

He was referring to this forum...

[quote:2a72fqe5]no one is going to visit a forum where the majority of the posts are full of hate and pictures of people's assholes (literally). New members need a chance to get comfortable and they can't do that if the first post in their intro thread is someone threatening to rape them and posting pictures of human body parts in a meat grinder. One of our trolls even got a hold of pictures of one of the mod's children and threatened to have sex with them. There is no way a forum can do anything but ban someone like that.[/quote:2a72fqe5]

The pics that were posted here... by trolls/banned members. It was disgusting, I saw some of those pics by accident before they were deleted. Very upsetting. Some of us are sensitive in our stomachs and that shit wasn't cool. I didn't see anywhere he said that the other forum was full of goatse pics.... all he said about the other forum was:

[quote:2a72fqe5]there is a little forum many of you have probably heard about where you can go and read about it for yourself... If you can stomach reading through all the hate to find the posts I'm referring to.[/quote:2a72fqe5]

I haven't seen this "other forum" so I can't speak for what goes on there. But I have seen a few of the "anti-IS" forums in the past and if this one is anything like those were..............
climbing

«  » by magonia
[video=youtube;Ti3t7MAwaaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3t7MAwaaM[/video] [video=youtube;q1pgLcuVx44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pgLcuVx44[/video]

The music version:D
magonia

«  » by MiamiSound
Lies. Notice only the people who support moderation are the ones kissing your ass.
MiamiSound

«  » by Grounded Gifts
Miamisound, I don't kiss anybody's arse. And I don't necessarily support moderation. I think you are using what you call "dualistic thinking."
Grounded Gifts

«  » by MiamiSound
I didn't say you in particular but if you are reacting to it then maybe the shoe fits.
MiamiSound

«  » by makwaiskwew
In response to your statement Ian I would like to speak for myself rather than have more speculation thrown around. I stand for what I said in the questions and concerns thread regarding your moderation in the members review forum so I will not rehash that here. People can read and have the right to make their own choices, as I have made mine.
I personally asked for a ban because I am tired of having my heart ripped out every time I see someone else hurt. I am curious why it was lifted however because it was not at my request.
So I am asking
publically
to just ban my account...period.Delete it if you want. It serves me no purpose any longer and I see too many places where conversations have been deleted, however I know in my heart why I was a part of them and I can live with that. Or not...I,ve had my say and any further posts that may be made in my name are not mine.I am on the other site with the wounded healers. Granted it is not pleasant at times but most certainly there are those there fighting the good fight with love, compassion and forgiveness. Everybody needs to find love. We all just walk different paths which I personally believe also all lead home eventually. Choices choices Ain't life a bitch sometimes.
So with that said I say see ya,s later. There are never goodbyes really when love is in your heart. For love never ends. Never professed to be Christian either but most certainly this verse has comforted me over the last few days...gotta get my last quote in.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

makwaiskwew

xxoo
makwaiskwew

«  » by climbing
MiamiSound wrote:Lies. Notice only the people who support moderation are the ones kissing your ass.

It's not kissing his ass to genuinely agree with what he's saying. Sometimes you agree with people, sometimes you don't. I've always agreed with moderation and I agree with the OP because it makes sense to me.
climbing

«  » by MiamiSound
climbing wrote:It's not kissing his ass to genuinely agree with what he's saying. Sometimes you agree with people, sometimes you don't. I've always agreed with moderation and I agree with the OP because it makes sense to me.

I hope you don't always base what you believe is true on only one side of a story.

[url:1dj7ia96]http://indigosociety.com/showthread.php?53938-Questions-amp-Concerns-Regarding-Ian-s-Moderatorship[/url:1dj7ia96]
MiamiSound

«  » by Ian
@makwaiskwew, I don't really understand why you're posting about wanting to be banned in this thread but I can tell you that the same mod who you originally asked to ban your account received a request from you to be unbanned. If there's some confusion then please talk to them about it.

@Miami, as I said above, no pointless negativity or claims without proof in this thread. I am going to leave your posts up but any further posts like them will be removed.

Lies. Notice only the people who support moderation are the ones kissing your ass.

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. What lies?

In reply to your link above, it links to a thread where some accusations were made and then found to be completely false by the site owner after he went through the mod action logs. There are posts about it in the thread so you already know this. This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, your claims and implications don't have any substance behind them.
Ian

«  » by leavingterra
You can rant and debate all you want, newbies. But piss off a mod and they infract you breathing funny.
leavingterra

Return to index page Member Review