Healthy Food Recipes/Snacks

Everything related to Health and Healing. Information on ADD, ADHD, and more Indigo symptoms that are ignorantly treated.
Becoming healthy is really important for every one, and for that we should eat proper diet, these healthy recipe given by you is really nice, awesome, I really like these recipe and now I tried these recipe at my home, I hope that many people will really like these recipe and they surely tried this at their home.
jennyjohn

if anyone feels like making a drink that's easy and good try lemonade with pinneaple or lemonade with spearmint =) (last one I really like)
cerise333

Arugula, Fennel, and Orange Salad

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 bunch arugula
* 2 orange, peeled and segmented
* 1 bulb fennel bulb, thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons sliced black olives

Preparation

1. Whisk together the honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; slowly add the olive oil while continuing to whisk.
2. Place the arugula in the bottom of a salad bowl; scatter the orange segments, fennel slices, and olives over the arugula; drizzle the dressing over the salad to serve.
AmazonPrincess

Blogs: 30

Raw Cashew cheese
1-1/2 cups raw cashews....not salted or roasted
1/4-1 cup of water
1-2 cloves garlic finely minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
dash of black pepper

Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water 2 inches above. It is ok if some float.
Drain(saving a bit of the water) and put in blender with other ingedients and water. Blend till smooth.
Scrape into a bowl and cover. Set for 24 hours in a cool place until set....Keeps for a week and is a nice alternative to cream cheese. Alo use herbs or brewers yeast to flavor if you wish.

xxoo
Kchi Migwech Gzheminido Kinagego
makwaiskwew

Blogs: 9

Raw Cashew cheese
1-1/2 cups raw cashews....not salted or roasted
1/4-1 cup of water
1-2 cloves garlic finely minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
dash of black pepper

Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water 2 inches above. It is ok if some float.
Drain(saving a bit of the water) and put in blender with other ingedients and water. Blend till smooth.
Scrape into a bowl and cover. Set for 24 hours in a cool place until set....Keeps for a week and is a nice alternative to cream cheese. Also use herbs or brewers yeast to flavor if you wish.

xxoo
makwaiskwew

Huevos Rancheros with Queso Fresco

Ingredients

* 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
* 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
* Cooking spray
* 4 large eggs
* 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
* 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese

Preparation

Combine the tomatoes and enchilada sauce in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and juice. Set aside.

Place water and beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and partially mash with a fork. Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until hot.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.

Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread about 1/3 cup beans over each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1 egg. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce around each egg; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese.
AmazonPrincess

Raw Zucchini Hummus

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

2 medium zucchini (peel, chop and squeeze water out)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lime's juice (or lemon!)
1 teaspoon of ground sesame seeds (or tahini, add more to taste if desired)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 garlic clove (add more too taste, but be careful, it can get real spicy real quick)
1-2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
sprinkle of cayenne (optional)
sprinkle of ground pepper
cilantro leaveS
Directions:

Process all together until smooth, scraping at least once. Garnish with cilantro and paprika/black pepper and enjoy!!

Makes: 2 servings, Preparation time: 5 minutes
makwaiskwew

Caribbean Bananas

Ingredients:

4 medium bananas
2 tablespoons margarine melted
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/3 cup packed brown sugar

Instructions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut bananas crosswise into halves; cut each half lengthwise into halves.
Place cut sides up in square baking dish 9 X 9 X 2 inches.
Mix margarine lemon juice and allspice; brush over bananas.
Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until bananas are hot.

:D
AmazonPrincess

" wrote:How about some finger food? :)

GRILLED HOT N SWEET PANEER

Ingredients
1 cup low fat paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 25 mm. (1") cubes
4 spring onions (including greens), finely chopped
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon lemon rind
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
2 teaspoons oil
salt to taste

Preparation

1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Allow marinating for at least 15 minutes.
2. Arrange the paneer cubes neatly onto 4 wooden skewers and grill them over a charcoal or electric barbecue till they are lightly browned on all sides. You can also cook them on a non-stick pan.
3.Serve hot.

ooo loves paneer!!! yes fry it in a cast iron, or frying pan and it comes out the same.
then drip all the sweetness on, honey or maple syrup and garnish. good with roasted garlic too.

i wrote post here once about how to make paneer cheese from fresh goat or cow milk, but i cant finds it...ah well...it is really easy to make paneer cheese. you make it with the lemon or lime and then use it to garnish the fried paneer cheese. and likes making it sweet, with fruit on top
leila

Peas and cheese

Frozen peas with cheese of choice in microwave for a minute or two until melty and cooked. :3

You can boil pasta and drain then add the peas with the cheese for a more filling dish.

You can add meat too. X3 However sometimes the meat flavor gets in between the sweet and salty melody of peas and cheese.
AvariClover

Blogs: 24

Imagei love eating most of the stuff on this thread, but this is my fave food right now. i make a big pot of this like once a week!

coconut soup

i make things approx, but i will try to give the right amounts. however whatever you got throw it in there!

2 cans of coconut milk
2 potatoes
3 carrots
ginger cut up but large, maybe grate a little
apple

fresh greens cut up small, beet greens, kale, chard, arugula

spices: curry, cinnamon, pepper, salt +

also good:
corn
sweet potato
squash
broccoli
cabbage
insert your favorite veggie here
or non veggie here

rice
peanut butter
tofu
garlic
soy sauce
onions and garlic or leeks
! edible flowers !

add potatoes, before anything else, to a big pot less half filled with water. chop all the other ingrediants and put them in as it comes to a boil...if using rice put rice in once it boils and then turn the heat low for a while, or even off and then re heat a while later as the rice will be done. if no rice you can just boil this soup till the potatoes and carrots are mushy a little. and add the chopped up greens and whatever else for the top at the very end... or individually as you serve it

a quick soup, plus it stay good for a long time. the coconut milk fat oily stuff rises to the top of it and then hardens...seems to keep it preserved for a while, good for leftovers. so i make a big batch of this and then have it as leftovers for a couple of days.

edit:
usually i dont add the rice till day two or three. by the third day i know it has to be eaten quickly, so i will throw rice into the remaining broth, the rice soaks up the coconut milk really good...and then make a new stir fry for the rice with the veggies left.

that picture above is from when i first started making this all the time. besides the coconut and spices everything was from my garden, and + the wild onions that i am blessed with in the spring. i picked a bunch of wild onion flowers, and am growing two kinds of arugula, one with edible white flowers (roquette), and a "wild" one with spicier yellow flowers. the wild onion flowers, arugula flowers, and broccoli are on top ....the garnish on that pic.
it was so beautiful i had to take a pic of it before i ate it.
leila

Artichoke Stew with Pine Nuts

Ingredients

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
6 cups water
36 baby artichokes (about 5 pounds)
4 ounces diced bacon (optional)
1 large onion,finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ripe tomatoes,peeled, seeded and chopped
3 cups vegetable broth or water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
lemon wedges for seasoning
1/4 cup pine nuts,toasted

Preparation

1. Combine the vinegar and water in a large glass or ceramic bowl.

2. Slice about 1/2" from the artichoke tops and trim the stems. Remove the outer leaves and trim any hard spiky points with a scissors. Cut in half and reserve the artichokes in the vinegar mixture.

3. Cook the bacon in a large non-reactive saucepan over medium-low heat until golden and remove with slotted spoon. Drain all but 1 1/2 tablespoons of fat from the pan and add the olive oil.

4. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, just to release its aroma. Add the tomatoes and turn the heat to medium. Cook until until the sauce is reduced, about 10 to 15 minutes. Pour in the broth or water, add the salt, pepper and bacon and bring to a boil. Drain the aritichokes well and add to the pot. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until the artichokes are tender, about 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings with salt, pepper and lemon juice and serve hot.
AmazonPrincess

Oh yum....That sounds really good....heres my dinner

Cream of Tomato soup

2 cups diced tomato
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tbsp honey
1 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp minced parsley
1 small bay leaf
1tbsp minced basil
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup cream

Cook tomatos,salt ,honey,onion, parsley and basil for fifteen minutes and add hot water. Purree in blender or put through sieve. Warm cream and add to mixture. Let sit on low heat until flavors combine. Also I am adding 1 cup of diced zuchinni to mine and still will have 9,000,000 cups of zuchini to use up....lol
Serving with garlic bread and peach pie for dessert. Come on over..;)..xxoo
makwaiskwew

Really nice and useful post. The given recipe is very useful for every one. I really appreciate your work for giving these useful recipe. Eating this recipe will able maintain health. Thanking you for sharing with us.
seranapearlin

Aam aur Chane ka Achaar

Ingredients

1/2 cup kabuli chana (white chick peas)
1 1/2 cups grated raw mango
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds (methi) powder
1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
14 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 1/4 cups mustard (rai / sarson) oil
1 tbsp salt

Preparation

1. Combine the grated mango, turmeric powder and salt and leave aside for 30 minutes.
2. Squeeze out all the mango water using a muslim cloth and keep aside. Keep the grated mango aside separately.
3. Soak the Kabuli chana and fenugreek seeds in the mango water overnight.
4. Refrigerate the grated mango.
5. Combine the fenugreek seeds powder, fennel seeds, asafoetida, nigella seeds, whole red chillies, chilli powder and soaked Kabuli chana mixture with the grated mango. Mix well.
6. Heat the mustard oil. Cool it and add to the prepared mixture.
7. Bottle the pickle in a sterilised glass jar.
8. The pickle is ready to eat after 3 to 4 days.
9. Store it a cool dry place for upto 1 year.
AmazonPrincess

Thanks these sound great. I love guacamole, any good recipes ?
Bears Buddy

" wrote:Thanks these sound great. I love guacamole, any good recipes ?

I found two recipes for you. :)

Chunky Guacamole Recipe

Ingredients:

3 large ripe avocados
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, finely diced
Juice of 1 lemon or lime
Handful of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Sea salt, to taste

Preparation:

Scoop flesh of ripe avocados into a large bowl. Add all other ingredients and mash lightly with a fork. Mash just enough to evenly distribute ingredients and break down avocado into chunky portions. If you want good texture, don't mash too much; mash just enough to evenly distribute the ingredients and break down the avocados into chunky portions.

Smooth Guacamole Recipe

Ingredients:

3 large ripe avocados
1 jalapeno chili, minced
Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lemon or lime
Sea salt, to taste

Preparation:

Scoop flesh of ripe avocados into a food processor. Add jalapeno chili, cilantro, lemon or lime juice, and sea salt. Blend until smooth.

Enjoy these simple and delicious guacamole dips with baked corn chips, baked crackers, or a whole grain pita. The lemon or lime juice will prevent the guacamole from browning for a few hours. To prolong freshness, arrange the avocado seeds in the serving bowl with the guacamole.
AmazonPrincess

This is not food but some good recipes none the less

Kitchen Surface Cleaner that Ants Hate!

Ingredients (use vegan versions)

2 cup water
5 drops lavendar oil
5 drops tea tree oil
1/4 cup vinegar
2 teaspoons baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in spray bottle. Close TIGHTLY (nozzle too) and shake to blend. If the nozzle is left open, it may "spit" solution as the bicarb and vinegar interact. Spray on worktops, stove, cabinet fronts etc., wipe with damp cloth or sponge. The essential oils keep ants at bay. We were being taken over by black ants and after wiping down my surfaces with this, they've moved on to pastures new.

Preparation time: minimal
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your Favorite Sugar Scrub

table sugar
liquid of your choice (olive oil, water, etc.)

Directions:

Dry skin is an unfortunate fact of life. Instead of spending $10 or $20 on a name-brand sugar scrub, make your own! It's easy, fun, and free when you use what you have on hand in the kitchen. And - oh yeah - it works just as good as the store bought stuff and the variations are endless!

Simply choose your sugar and mix with the slippery liquid of your choice. Adjust your amounts accordingly, depending on how "loose" your like your scrub and the amount you need for the area you want to exfoliate. It's definitely not rocket science and is impossible to mess up, so have fun with it.

Directions: Mix. Apply. Rub gently. Rinse. Feel your skin and rejoice for the power of sugar. Follow up with lotion to keep the dream alive.

Sugars:
- Table sugar: Recommended - great for the lips, face, decollette, and elsewhere.
- Brown sugar: A gentler exfoliation for very sensitive or easily irritated skin.
- Raw sugar: Be gentle...this packs a serious exfoliating punch! It's probably too rough for most skin, but can work wonders on dry heels and feet.

Some Liquid Suggestions:
- Water: Simple and easy - splash a little water on the area-to-scrub, add the sugar, and rub away.
- Oils: Olive oil; palm oil; coconut oil; vitamin E oil; glycerine/glycol, etc.
- Lotion: Insert your favorite lotion here.
- Foodstuffs: Agave nectar; your milk of choice; melted dark chocolate, and so on.

(For scrubs made with oil, any surplus can generally be stored in an air- and water-tight container for a while and not dissolve.)

Serves: Varies

Preparation time: Less than 5 minute
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oatmeal Face Cleanser

3 tablespoons oatmeal
2 teaspoons witch hazel
And a few drops of water

Directions:

You want to dampen the oatmeal first and then add the witch hazel.

Add the water to make it moist.

Apply to your face with an upward and outward circular motion.

Rinse with lots of warm water.

This recipe is good for all kinds of skin. If you have dry skin add a little oil.

xxoo
makwaiskwew

Garlic Herb Pretzels

Ingredients

2 pk Yeast
1 1/2 c Warm water
1 ts Salt
1 ts Sugar
2 Cloves garlic
1 tb Basil
1 tb Parsley
4 c Flour; up to 5 cups

Preparation

Dissolve yeast in water. Add salt & sugar. Blend in 2 c. flour. Crush garlic and add with herbs. Add 2 c. more flour, and more if dough is too sticky. Roll into snakes & shape. Sprinkle with Kosher salt if desired. Bake at 425 for 10 - 15 minutes or until browned.
AmazonPrincess

lambs liver with onion

Olive oil
Baking flour
Lambs Liver
One big onion

:)

Coat liver pieces in flour, heat pan with olive oil and thrown them in. Thrown in some chopped onion and heat and turn for 5-10 mins..

Yum yum.
SecretAgentMan

Blogs: 2