A Place to Ramble

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
" wrote:Well, I'm working on my own writing of course, currently my third book and web content for a site I'm building. But I'm paying the bills (or attempting to) writing articles and web/blog content for other people on a wide variety of subjects. Currently I'm doing product reviews for some consumer review company (pays nice actually), as well as a six page essay on the subject of the TARP bail out (implications etc)., a landing page for a funeral home (I know, I know), another landing page for a Nissan dealership, and my own article on the history of the DC Subway system :p

And that's just today.

(struck dumb)
rabana

Blogs: 4

sshenry, You are amazing and I love you.

Rabana, you crack me up!

Bunny, If the kid can figure out how to get to work on his own then let him. If he expects you to drive him to work like a chauffeur then he isn't mature enough to hold down a job.
Indigo Dog

Blogs: 29

" wrote:Okay, someone come hold Jamesie down so I can give him his birthday spanking! He's 17 today! He wants chicken and dumplings and banana pudding for his birthday dinner!

Tractor pulls are this weekend... Friday night, Saturday AM for the Antiques and Sat. PM for the super modified... they're really loud...

Come join me, since Pebble can't!

lol Dabbs my daughter is 18 today:)
pebble

Wow - Dabs son and Pebble's daughter share the same birthday :D *giggles*
sshenry

Blogs: 106

lol somehow I am not surprised:) Dabbsalicious:)
pebble

I think that sounds sooooo goood!! I already burned all my pots...i cannot cook at all.... thats why im not married i believe this ya know.
Windlift

Blogs: 2

" wrote:I think that sounds sooooo goood!! I already burned all my pots...i cannot cook at all.... thats why im not married i believe this ya know.

You are not married yet because you have not met the perfect partner/chef yet. Let your burning pots be the smoke signal to your love to come and cook for you. I believe this ya know. (Hug)
Indigo Dog

This is really long thread... I ramble now. life is beautiful, creation is magic. thank you all for being unique.. not like me and more like you. The only thing we have in common is randomness.. and I love it. people are lucky... I'm grateful I'm one of them... that's my ramble
looking

Blogs: 16

why do people say "if there's anything I can do" if they fully intend on doing nothing? Platitudes smatitudes
pebble

" wrote:why do people say "if there's anything I can do" if they fully intend on doing nothing? Platitudes smatitudes

Pretending being friends so as to drain your energy by being around you.
AmazonPrincess

Blogs: 30

Pebble - I think it makes THEM feel better. They've said something. Their obligation is fulfilled. Societal expectations and all that. :/
sshenry

the sad thing is that this is immediate family...and so hurtful to my dad...I am taking care of him on a fractured foot and family *poof* too busy with their own lives to help. i had to wait so long to even get someone to watch him that docs can't do anything but re-break....I am praying it sets right on its own
pebble

It is always nice when someone asks if they can do anything to ask them to donate blood at the local blood bank. There is always a need for it and it helps them actually do something. It also gives you something to say. Let them give blood.
Indigo Dog

It's a good idea Indigo Dog, but there are lots of people that cannot give blood
for many reasons, often no fault of their own.
Lelitu

when my mother died a lady was saying to my aunt and me 'is there anything i can do?' i said 'i don't see why people keep asking that. if they have something they can do they should do it.' i was just shy of 16 years old. all the adults around me turned and stared. not the first time i inadvertently silenced a roomful of people and not the last. and there was utter silence until my aunt said (of me) ' oh she doesn't mean that, she means blah blah blah...'

that reminds me of another story from that event. a neighbor came over with a chocolate cake and my brother said 'oh no, not another chocolate cake!' that was a show-stopper also.:)
rabana

" wrote:why do people say "if there's anything I can do" if they fully intend on doing nothing? Platitudes smatitudes

That's why I only say that when I intend to keep it. :)

" wrote:'i don't see why people keep asking that. if they have something they can do they should do it.'

A lot of times people either don't know what to do or don't want to impose or something like that. It's more of an 'I'm here if you need anything' type of thing.
Sephish

Blogs: 57

LOL showstoppers...I was about 6 and some relatives showed up, I asked "what do you want? I'll get it for you mama and daddy are busy in the garden" they laughed and asked what made me think they needed something...I said "cuz daddy says that's the only time you come over"....I hadn't oughtta said that:\
pebble

lol.
rabana

So, I put on facebook that I have no spoons left in my kitchen.... my neighbor told me not to buy any, she has some! LOL... I love it! I'd never ask anyone, besides my mom, if they had extra spoons....

Such is my life! Gotta love it!

How's everyone doing?
Dabbs

Blogs: 7

Dabbs - honey, there IS no spoon!
sshenry