I want you to do something for me. Take a step back for a moment and read the next sentence as if you were reading it about someone else:
" wrote: I feel invisible, boring, no personality, I am quiet, cannot express myself well, dont make people laugh, dont have rapport with people, I dont make an impact on people, I have become like an inanimate blob or braindead zombie, always stuck in my own head thinking too much.
Do you see what's wrong with this statement? Almost everything in here is about how you impact other people, how they react to you, what you think they think of you.
Seriously. You can not, I repeat CAN NOT treat your problems if you are worried sick about what other people think of you and guage your self worth on THEIR reactions. Their reactions to you are NOT something you can control. What they think, how they react, that is their problem, not yours.
I know that it's easy to slip into the "poor me nobody likes me" cycle, but it's a downward spiral. If you keep that up you will never start feeling good about yourself. And you want to know a secret? As long as you have those negative thoughts about yourself spiraling through your head, you are going to continue putting out the vibe that YOU ARE NOT WORTH NOTICING. And people will respond to that exactly as you think they will. THEY WON'T NOTICE YOU.
You have to learn to be comfortable in your own skin. You can't fake it. You have to know that you are worth noticing FEEL it. Then and ONLY then will you see people reacting to you differently.
So how do you become comfortable with yourself? How do you begin taking responsibility for your own happiness and realize your own self-worth?
- Accept the divinity inside you. Yes, I know, sappy, but it's true. That spark of godness makes you as good as anyone or anything in the universe, regardless of financial status or popularity.
- Accept that you are here for a reason. You may not have a clue what that reason could be yet, but understand that you came here specifically to do something. It will be revealed to you when it is time, all of the time and experiences leading up to it are simply preparation.
- Get comfortable with your mind and thoughts. Honestly. You can't hope to keep positive thoughts in your head if you're not aware of the thoughts that are already there. I reccomend basic breathing meditation, it clears your head and helps you to realize that half of the junk you worry about is unnecessary.
- Do something for yourself. Something JUST for you. Something that makes you feel good, special, worthy even. Do you enjoy music? treat yourself to a concert. Do you enjoy reading? Take yourself out to buy a new book once a month, whatever works for you.
- Above all - STAY POSITIVE. I can't stress this enough. Every time those negative thoughts threaten to take over you need to toss them out and replace them with positive ones. It may seem fake at first, but stick with it, if you're working on the rest of these things, the positive thoughts will become natural after a while.