Tuesday's Official Mind Control report.

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.

Tuesday's Official Mind Control report.

«  » by Celticknot
regardless of who locks threads, does it really matter. The argument just continues in another thread or spills over into a another unrelated thread. Doesn't it? It always continues, now, later, here or there inside outside, PM wherever. Free speech isn't really impeded its just directed some where's else. Besides I thought that's what IC was for the land of unlocked threads and free speech. Is this where all this mind control conspiracy comes from, does someone really think they are being held against their will here?
Celticknot

Blogs: 2

It's a private website, the owner or the mods can do what they please, freedom of speech does not apply here. I personally noticed that the locked threads are full of personal attacks and pointless bickering.
Pawel

Just for the record - when a thread IS locked most of the mods take it upon themselves to give a warning on the thread that it will be closed due to whatever the charge is. In regards to Lola's List - it does not appear that that thread was locked by anyone but experienced the same glitch that the soulmate thread inexplicably experienced yesterday.
sshenry

Blogs: 106

" wrote:Just for the record - when a thread IS locked most of the mods take it upon themselves to give a warning on the thread that it will be closed due to whatever the charge is. In regards to Lola's List - it does not appear that that thread was locked by anyone but experienced the same glitch that the soulmate thread inexplicably experienced yesterday.

"whatever the charge is"? Who do you think you are? Judge Judy!!?? Listen, you take your job here way to seriously maybe it would be healthy for you to log out for a few days . Geez what a ego problem you have , just you saying that one word says oh so much about how you percieve your role as a moderator here should be . Take some time off, you and Rabana.
Rybar

" wrote:"whatever the charge is"? Who do you think you are? Judge Judy!!?? Listen, you take your job here way to seriously maybe it would be healthy for you to log out for a few days . Geez what a ego problem you have , just you saying that one word says oh so much about how you percieve your role as a moderator here . Take some time off, you and Rabana.

Nice of you to make a new account just to tell me so :)
sshenry

Sounds like what I said is old news to you , hon.
Rybar

no, twisting words to suit your purposes is old news to me. :)
sshenry

Now now Ss you have used that old escape before, that word, 'charge', is your word, you used it from a self absorbed authoritative standpoint, like you were judging from up high . I know the intent behind it, I can feel your complex from here.
Rybar

You should go into politics ss and I think it goes without saying as to why.
Rybar

" wrote:Now now Ss you have used that old escape before, that word, 'charge', is your word, you used it from a self absorbed authoritative standpoint, like you were judging from up high . I know the intent behind it, I can feel your complex from here.

Implying that what you're doing isn't the same thing you accuse SS of doing. Hypocrite. :p
Sephish

Blogs: 57

" wrote:Now now Ss you have used that old escape before, that word, 'charge', is your word, you used it from a self absorbed authoritative standpoint, like you were judging from up high . I know the intent behind it, I can feel your complex from here.

Yep. "charge" is my word. If a thread is closed - there is supposed to be a reason it is closed. In order for it to be closed there has to be a "charge" against it (verbal attacks, mud-slinging etc.)

and in the context of my sentence, [quote:tl67jsel]Just for the record - when a thread IS locked most of the mods take it upon themselves to give a warning on the thread that it will be closed due to whatever the charge is. In regards to Lola's List - it does not appear that that thread was locked by anyone but experienced the same glitch that the soulmate thread inexplicably experienced yesterday. [/quote:tl67jsel]

But of course you'll read that however you like and twist it to suit whatever your current agenda is. Knock yourself out :)
sshenry

You can flip-flop with the best of them Ss politics is a good game for you. That's if, you could break yourself away from this place long enough. Don't see that happening though right judge judy?
Rybar

" wrote:You can flip-flop with the best of them Ss politics is a good game for you. That's if, you could break yourself away from this place long enough. Don't see that happening though right judge judy?

Heh - I find it interesting that when I put your accusation in context you call it "flip flopping." Very "political" of you. You should take your own advice and go get a life :D
sshenry

This sort of demonstrates my point. I personally don't care if a thread is locked or not. The Mods can do whatever they need to . ..but..it just shows up elsewhere...
Celticknot

Celticknot nailed it.

and the drama bs is getting rather annoying
Lelitu

A thread gets closed in a forum on any site because it has either strayed too much off topic or because it has turned into people attacking one another
Museatlantis

Blogs: 49

It's been all the drama that has held me back from officially joining this site. I was sort of hoping this place had moved past it (I haven't been up to date the last month-month and a half) but I see it's still here. I understand the reasoning as to why moderators lock threads, there is no point continuing one that involves insults and trashing... (I remember a time when there were no moderators or locked threads, and it was way worse). But I wish it wouldn't spill over into the more constructive threads.
Not that there is anything that I or anyone else here can do about it.
Equilibrium

i know who you are and what you are doing.....lol think anyone that is an indigo would really know who you are...nice new name though ;)

i wont tell think this is childs play 'sixsixsix' LOL
Windlift

yes there is.... its called eveyone sticking together and being as one...indigo or not

most think of them selves ...learned this from a friend that it doesnt matter what others think take it and be the better person and walk away it ends

if we could all learn to walk away ..this is not a fight to death ...its just communicating and most havent learned how to in this lifetime ...

If we all learn to back off and take a breath... people get wrapped up in the day's work or stress and it effects each one of us...

if we tell each other what we did wrong first and not kids play second (name calling) cause were stressed or just being a jerk cause a car hit our cat today then well...we would be better off to talk to this person and find out what is in their cheerios!!!!! this morning?!!!!!!!

Take time to care! on this site take time to agree!

Sometimes even though we may be right or wrong whatever does it really hurt everynow and then to pass up a strange insult?
Windlift

I've run out of thanks today windlift...but I thank you for that post.
Grandma Lola