Indigos in Therapy

You got questions? We have answers.
Indigos in Therapy «  » by Cicero
Therapy, to me, seems to be a cruel cruel joke.

I have been in and out of therapy for close to fifteen stinken years! I think therapy for someone as spiritually advanced as myself can have adverse effects. I usually feel ten times worse after a session..

DO indigos generally eschew conventional therapy?
Cicero

«  » by builderofcastles
Therapy, by todays clinical psychologists is aimed at normal people with normal problems. And their thinking is solidly stuck in the scientific model of the universe.

Lets take ADD, the number one affliction of Indigos.
So, they try to hammer into you that you need to focus more. That you are bad for not focusing.
When, for most Indigos all you have to do is up the lessons hardness. Make it something real, something to really sink your mental teeth into, and suddenly you have all of their attention.

To try to explain it to the therapist, say, "What if I was teaching you a 6th grade course. How long could you stay focussed? How long would you go along with it before you started getting angry for being patronized?"
(btw, psychologist usually hate this and will usually respond by trying methods of controlling you)

There are psychic counselors out there. That can help you get to the roots of your emotional structures and work with what life is sending you. But they are not the norm.

Sorry, this sucks

BuilderOfCastles
builderofcastles

«  » by Cicero
^Psychic counselors, eh? sounds like fun!

Yeah, i've had horrible experiences with therapists, I was even sexually exploited by one. :mad: And yes, this ninny that I'm seeing now is quite patronizing, and i've told her as such, which made her quite defensive and even more patronizing!! I know I sound like a whining little sh*t, but i don't care.

I am showing signs of transitioning to octarine, what ever the hell that means. I'm still not sold on this whole indigo idea. :o

arghhhh!
Cicero

«  » by builderofcastles
What can I say about Indigoism?

Well, it is all bunk :p
Personally, that is. Generally as a group Indigos share a lot of the same traits, problems and life challenges.

The exact same thing can be said of Astrology!
You know, if you are a Sagittarius then you share a lot of the same traits, problems and life challenges as other Sagittariuses. However, this does not put you in a box that says Sagittariuses only.

Indigo is a term used because that is the predominant color of an Indigo's aura. However, the term is kinda backwards. The person, in their being, has developed into an organism. Their aura is a part of that organism. The aura shows colors showing what that individual is working with. So your aura shows Indigo as its predominant color. Your aura is Indigo because of your being, not because you are an Indigo.

So, read up on Indigos. Learn what you can from books on Indigos. Take what you need and leave the rest. Most of typical Indigo's problems deal with feelings of being an outsider. They need to work out how to deal with the feelings of this, and build up tools for working with these... barbarians?

BTW, very very intelligent people have always had the same problem. You tell someone the earth goes around the sun, and you are misunderstood, scorned and excommunicated!

Enjoy

BuilderOfCastles
builderofcastles

«  » by dude
Cicero wrote:^Psychic counselors, eh? sounds like fun!

Yeah, i've had horrible experiences with therapists, I was even sexually exploited by one. :mad: And yes, this ninny that I'm seeing now is quite patronizing, and i've told her as such, which made her quite defensive and even more patronizing!! I know I sound like a whining little sh*t, but i don't care.

I am showing signs of transitioning to octarine, what ever the hell that means. I'm still not sold on this whole indigo idea. :o

arghhhh!

Sorry to hear about that. It's insanely frustrating to try to seek help and all it does is set you back.

[url:rmwfyw4c]http://annafrancesconlan.com/[/url:rmwfyw4c] is a "psychic counselor" of sorts. She's been recommended else where on the board. It's helped me a bit and may go back for more. I'm sure there's others out there too worth going to as well.

Personally, I wouldn't go near a shrink or any other mainstream help. I've met shrinks and shrink students and they have always been vampires and manipulators.
dude

«  » by Cicero
builderofcastles wrote:What can I say about Indigoism?

Well, it is all bunk :p
Personally, that is. Generally as a group Indigos share a lot of the same traits, problems and life challenges.

The exact same thing can be said of Astrology!
You know, if you are a Sagittarius then you share a lot of the same traits, problems and life challenges as other Sagittariuses. However, this does not put you in a box that says Sagittariuses only.

Indigo is a term used because that is the predominant color of an Indigo's aura. However, the term is kinda backwards. The person, in their being, has developed into an organism. Their aura is a part of that organism. The aura shows colors showing what that individual is working with. So your aura shows Indigo as its predominant color. Your aura is Indigo because of your being, not because you are an Indigo.

So, read up on Indigos. Learn what you can from books on Indigos. Take what you need and leave the rest. Most of typical Indigo's problems deal with feelings of being an outsider. They need to work out how to deal with the feelings of this, and build up tools for working with these... barbarians?

BTW, very very intelligent people have always had the same problem. You tell someone the earth goes around the sun, and you are misunderstood, scorned and excommunicated!

Enjoy

BuilderOfCastles

I've read a lot on indigos, in fact I've been reading about them for a couple of years, but remain obdurate in my sinking muck of old ways. Its not that I doubt all of this, it's more of a personality trait than blind skepticism. i.e. I like to argue. :D I like to challenge and question everything, even my own beliefs and ideologies which in turn, is what brought me to this delightful juncture..

as far as astrology..meh..although some of the archaic infrastructure of astrology can be found in a lot of new age precepts.

dude wrote:Sorry to hear about that. It's insanely frustrating to try to seek help and all it does is set you back.

[url:tugcedum]http://annafrancesconlan.com/[/url:tugcedum] is a "psychic counselor" of sorts. She's been recommended else where on the board. It's helped me a bit and may go back for more. I'm sure there's others out there too worth going to as well.

Personally, I wouldn't go near a shrink or any other mainstream help. I've met shrinks and shrink students and they have always been vampires and manipulators.

I've met some shrinks who had good intentions..not all of them suck. :D
but yeah, you're correct, a great number of them are far more disordered than their patients.

I'll take a peek at that link..thanks.
Cicero

«  » by Cicero
^god, i sound dyslexic!! (which I am)
Cicero

«  » by TheRavenMother
Oooh, i didn't know god was a member of IS... no wonder theres so many christians coming in here lately!
TheRavenMother

«  » by Cicero
I knew posting here would be hell. :)
Cicero

«  » by TheRavenMother
:) welcome to hell sweetie *kisses you*
TheRavenMother

«  » by Cicero
kisses for me? ooh i love Hershey's! it's pure heaven!
Cicero

«  » by tadpole1
Quote from buiderof castles:
"When, for most Indigos all you have to do is up the lessons hardness". Do you mean English language lessons?
tadpole1

«  » by builderofcastles
ADD (attention deficit disorder) is usually used to refer to children in school (K-12). After that, the psychologist really don't care because there is no money in it.

So, by "lesson" I meant any school lesson. Like mathematics, science...
Where the Indigo is usually in a class of 30 other kids thinking, "I got it
already, lets move on" while the teacher explains it for the 3rd time.

BuilderOfCastles
builderofcastles

«  » by builderofcastles
Dyslexic? really? I read forwards and backwards and cannot tell the difference. Like in Da Vinci's notebook, I cannot tell its backwards.
So, your secrets safe with me. :D

And a yummy muffin for TheRavenMother who
Can make of any hell a heaven
and any thread a hell :p
builderofcastles

«  » by Cicero
ooh, i too am able to read backwards without any real strain or effort.

My dyslexia is a combination of seeing the words in different orders in my head, or jumping to a different idea or thought--mid sentence. This creates an overlap in speech and written scribblings. it's incredibly frustrating to get an idea across unless i edit it over and over...and still, i can;t quite get the idea across. typical indigo, (the idea of being misunderstood, not necessarily dyslexia) eh? no?:(

You know, I have this feeling that TheRavenMother doesn;t like me much. I do like her. I see something kindred...oh well..
Cicero

«  » by Deni
[quote=Cicero;92574]Therapy, to me, seems to be a cruel cruel joke.

I have been in and out of therapy for close to fifteen stinken years! I think therapy for someone as spiritually advanced as myself can have adverse effects. I usually feel ten times worse after a session..

DO indigos generally eschew conventional therapy?[/quote]

Therapy worked well for me, but I have been extremely lucky. I found a therapist who is a lightworker... she may be an indigo herself! She is definitely open minded and we really talk about spiritual things and she recognizes the fact that the vast majority of people she works with are not as spiritually advanced as she is or as I am. We talk about past lives and Buddhism and different spiritual things that she has admitted she doesn't talk about with other clients and the effect has been amazing for me! She has really helped me realize some of my potential. I sought out "indigo" on my own, but I don't think I would have bothered if it hadn't been for her guidance. I really honestly believe that therapy isn't a bad thing, but that most therapists have not been trained to help people like us. But there are good ones out there... like my therapist, and my mom who is also a therapist and having an indigo child has really opened her mind to a lot of new things and now she works from that as well. It's just a matter of finding the right therapist, one that can work with you not against you. I do recognize that as an indigo that's easier said than done.
Deni

«  » by Maarten
lightworkers ftw ^
get therapy from a lightworker and therapy can be amazing ! i go for therapy every once in a while . very helpfull, comforting and relieving. we simply go thru meditations together and talk about life issues. best therapy ive ever had. and i feel this will be the future way of healing not only mental but also phsyical hurt.
Maarten

«  » by Cicero
Bottom line, very good therapy is expensive. I'm taking full advantage of government programs, unfortunately I am at a disadvantage. YEs, we all know how shitty health care systems are in the yernited-stayts--and if you're a moth eaten melancholic like me, you get dibs on the fresh university grads as interns specializing in, don'tknowshityet. :D
Cicero

«  » by Amur
Cicero wrote:^Psychic counselors, eh? sounds like fun!

arghhhh!

Hmm, let me make one point clear, you definately do NOT sound like a whining little sh*t, it more sounds like the therapists you've met are either idiots or jerks (don't see more options than those lol). You definately need to find a new therapist that 'clicks' with you on deeper levels, keep searching, if there's a therapist you don't like at first glance then throw the therapist to hell and have a grill-session of barbeque(by changing the therapist). Keep searching until you find someone that you can completely trust and who feels nice and helpful.

There are also lots and lots of self-therapy that you can work with on yourself.

You might also want to check into Reiki-healing or acu-puncture or somekind of shiatsu-massage treatment and so forth, there are lots and lots of alternative ways of treating internal wounds and emotional/mind imbalances.
Amur

«  » by Cicero
*hyuck* yeah, I knew the one with the dirty finger nails, he had to be a colleague of, Dr. "get a make-over and you'll feel better" Dumas. :rolleyes: :D
Cicero