The nature of man.

General Spiritual discussion
The nature of man. «  » by Cryptotich
Peace between man, it is a laudable concept. However it goes against our basic instincts as human beings. As humans, our primary directive is personal survival. Our next directive is the survival of those around us, as that has a direct impact on our personal survival.

In a perfect world, there would be room for everyone to live free and alone. However, that is not our world.

I believe that in everything there is a balance. When one gains, another one looses. When someone get's rich, someone goes broke.

There must be something, some energy that transcends our basic needs.. One day I will know it.
Cryptotich
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am

«  » by LucidDreams
Cryptotich wrote: I believe that in everything there is a balance. When one gains, another one looses. When someone get's rich, someone goes broke.
I hold to this belief as well. I once told my father about it as an explanation as to why things were going south for me. I told him it was in the cosmos... that somewhere, someone must have won the lottery or something, and I was on the other end of that scale/spectrum to balance it out. He of course scoffed at the idea and saw it as me just passing the buck. But that's not me at all. I accept responsibility for things within my control. But I acknowledge that some of it is out of my hands as well.
User avatar
LucidDreams
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 am

«  » by SurrogateSpark
LucidDreams wrote:I hold to this belief as well. I once told my father about it as an explanation as to why things were going south for me. I told him it was in the cosmos... that somewhere, someone must have won the lottery or something, and I was on the other end of that scale/spectrum to balance it out. He of course scoffed at the idea and saw it as me just passing the buck. But that's not me at all. I accept responsibility for things within my control. But I acknowledge that some of it is out of my hands as well.


It's much this way, and it's only this way because you believe it to be this way. ;P

Subjective realities, man, in god's image, the individual creator: has ability to create that which he desires. To manifest this into his world. If you manifest universal balance into this world, so it shall be. We all have the potential to be happy at the same time, no doubt ;D

Just gotta look inside yourself.

Peace ;D

I understand every effect has cause. But it's more to do with individuals than anything else. :D

We perpetuate this sideways approach here, as a humanity.
User avatar
SurrogateSpark
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

what is the need? «  » by Psychic Child
what is the need?

hi all,
I too think the universe has a need to preserve a balance.
What I am not sure of is how finite this need is in terms of
a personal, individual Being, to stub your toe or not stub
your toe.

The Earth always has been out of balance, as exhibited
by the wobble movement of it's Axis-Poles. I would
think that correcting the wobble would have a higher
priority than a single Earth Beings reaction action reaction . . . .?
Yet . . . . . . . . . . . . ;-)
Be in harmony,
be in beauty.
roger
note:
Could it be we are using a inappropriate word [?] in
describing this conditional need of the universe and all things.
Does thinking "harmony" with all things make more sense?
beauty,
pc.
Psychic Child
 
Posts: 7877
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 pm
Has thanked: 425 times
Been thanked: 288 times

«  » by LucidDreams
SurrogateSpark wrote:It's much this way, and it's only this way because you believe it to be this way. ;P
No, I believe this is one rule (balance) that supersedes our ability to control. All things in the physical universe must abide by it at least, and perhaps beyond. And I believe balance is more fitting than "harmony", personally. I do not see an abundance of harmony, personally. But balance... everywhere. Just my take.
User avatar
LucidDreams
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 am

«  » by magonia
When the time comes balance will be here and these negative things like greed, hate war and so forth will be no more.
User avatar
magonia
 
Posts: 4535
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:39 pm

«  » by LucidDreams
There you go magonia! That's the type of balance I can drink to! Not where some people are filthy stinkin rich, while others suffer in poverty. Everyone having just enough of what they need to survive. Everyone content, and able to enjoy the simple things (like simply living with our mother - Earth). Then everyone could be happy while maintaining said balance.
User avatar
LucidDreams
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 am

«  » by Oldkid
Cryptotich wrote:Peace between man, it is a laudable concept. However it goes against our basic instincts as human beings. As humans, our primary directive is personal survival. Our next directive is the survival of those around us, as that has a direct impact on our personal survival.

In a perfect world, there would be room for everyone to live free and alone. However, that is not our world.

I believe that in everything there is a balance. When one gains, another one looses. When someone get's rich, someone goes broke.

There must be something, some energy that transcends our basic needs.. One day I will know it.


When you say "...that is not our world" then you're creating one of our greatest motivators, if not THE greatest motivator; Fear. It's an assumption that one has to lose when another wins.

I'm not attacking or putting you down, these are generalizations and many if not most make them. We create much more of our reality than we generally realize and such assumptions create fear of loss and insufficiency.

I've found that working together accomplishes much more than one ever could, and accomplishes is quicker and easier than we expect.

I agree with your thoughts on balance, but I also know that we almost never have all the facts. Even the wobble that is spoken of is assumed to be a lack of balance, but it could be that balance created that wobble and we depend on it for our survival.

Our basic instincts are tribal, we live and work in groups. The conflict and fear are born of the thought that there may not be enough for me and mine. If however we know in our hearts that there is enough for everyone, we can take what we need without the temptation to take more than we need thereby preventing others from having, after all, there is enough for everyone so we needn't worry.

Just a couple thoughts, it could be that the only thing out of balance is us. What we know is out of balance with what we believe.
User avatar
Oldkid
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:09 pm

«  » by SurrogateSpark
LucidDreams wrote:No, I believe this is one rule (balance) that supersedes our ability to control. All things in the physical universe must abide by it at least, and perhaps beyond. And I believe balance is more fitting than "harmony", personally. I do not see an abundance of harmony, personally. But balance... everywhere. Just my take.


All rules can be bent ;D

But balance is key.

You believe it supersedes your ability to control.

And so it be.

:)
User avatar
SurrogateSpark
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

«  » by SurrogateSpark
Oldkid wrote:When you say "...that is not our world" then you're creating one of our greatest motivators, if not THE greatest motivator; Fear. It's an assumption that one has to lose when another wins.

I'm not attacking or putting you down, these are generalizations and many if not most make them. We create much more of our reality than we generally realize and such assumptions create fear of loss and insufficiency.

I've found that working together accomplishes much more than one ever could, and accomplishes is quicker and easier than we expect.

I agree with your thoughts on balance, but I also know that we almost never have all the facts. Even the wobble that is spoken of is assumed to be a lack of balance, but it could be that balance created that wobble and we depend on it for our survival.

Our basic instincts are tribal, we live and work in groups. The conflict and fear are born of the thought that there may not be enough for me and mine. If however we know in our hearts that there is enough for everyone, we can take what we need without the temptation to take more than we need thereby preventing others from having, after all, there is enough for everyone so we needn't worry.

Just a couple thoughts, it could be that the only thing out of balance is us. What we know is out of balance with what we believe.


Fear will never be greater than hope.

That is all.
User avatar
SurrogateSpark
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

«  » by overflow88
The truth is, there is more than enough abundance for everyone on this planet to live comfortably. Food, water, land, building materials, everything. The problem is, so much of it is being hoarded by a relatively small group of people, and through control of these resources, they are able to make the rest of us work for them. Its one way they control population, keeping us in constant competition for money, when really we should have evolved past that by now. Its no longer survival of the fittest, its survival of the servile.
User avatar
overflow88
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:21 am

«  » by SurrogateSpark
overflow88 wrote:The truth is, there is more than enough abundance for everyone on this planet to live comfortably. Food, water, land, building materials, everything. The problem is, so much of it is being hoarded by a relatively small group of people, and through control of these resources, they are able to make the rest of us work for them. Its one way they control population, keeping us in constant competition with each other, when really we should have evolved past that by now.


Nice! Observation's of the present moment always the greatest ;D. Glad someone gets it!

Good argument that something is inhibiting us ;D (and not just our heads)

Peace :D
User avatar
SurrogateSpark
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

«  » by LucidDreams
SurrogateSpark wrote:All rules can be bent ;D You believe it supersedes your ability to control. And so it be. :)
Not this one. No, this isn't something we can think ourselves out of, or hope for l.o.a. to "bend" it in our favor. All things in the cosmos must abide by it, or everything would fall apart. And I'm not talking about that whole: "if a butterfly flaps it's wings in London..." crap. That's a piss poor analogy. But for everything that happens regarding energy, something opposite it must also. JMO, anyway. Doesn't have to be anyone elses.
User avatar
LucidDreams
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 am

«  » by SurrogateSpark
LucidDreams wrote:Not this one. No, this isn't something we can think ourselves out of, or hope for l.o.a. to "bend" it in our favor. All things in the cosmos must abide by it, or everything would fall apart. And I'm not talking about that whole: "if a butterfly flaps it's wings in London..." crap. That's a piss poor analogy. But for everything that happens regarding energy, something opposite it must also. JMO, anyway. Doesn't have to be anyone elses.


To each his own ;D
User avatar
SurrogateSpark
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

«  » by Aeris
overflow88 wrote:The truth is, there is more than enough abundance for everyone on this planet to live comfortably. Food, water, land, building materials, everything. The problem is, so much of it is being hoarded by a relatively small group of people, and through control of these resources, they are able to make the rest of us work for them. Its one way they control population, keeping us in constant competition for money, when really we should have evolved past that by now. Its no longer survival of the fittest, its survival of the servile.


Totally. You put this so simply and straightforwardly... Looking at the big picture and seeing what is really going on, unforunately, is not a talent or skill that enough people have in this world. Solutions seem obvious but the change is so hard when no one else sees what the underlying issue is.
User avatar
Aeris
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:12 pm

«  » by DaftFrost
Like some of you hear are saying, There are abundance of energies!

We exist in a finite universe with infinite possibilities.

Peace can exist, and I am very certain of it, but it first has to involve in washing and erasing the whole society and life style. For example, we should highly encourage artistic and spiritual people and more and more people would start wanting to become like them, to do so we need to change our Media.

We want to keep people away from "materialistic selfishness" which can be promoted and encouraged by the media which only differentiates us and keeps us away from the source.

No more competitive, negative jokes kind of media which is often everywhere and this puts a belief in the persons mind that making fun of others to gain popularity is cool, specially for teens.

Then through media we can re brainwash people to the correct truth, as well as changing the whole education to a more peaceful spiritual based one and if only I had the power, I'd do it all, and to gain that power to make people listen to me, I'd have to plan well until that time in the future. or...... just wait for 2012 dec 21st and ascend! lol.
DaftFrost
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:01 pm


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to index page General Spirituality

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests