ONLY dreaming about the apocalypse? EVER?

General Indigo Generation discussion
ONLY dreaming about the apocalypse? EVER? «  » by climbing
Okay, so this is a little strange and it's been bugging me so I wanted to see what you guys think about it.

All my life I've had these epic action adventure "apocalypse" type dreams. Usually they involve an alien invasion or zombies or something to that effect. I'd say that over my life I've had 2-3 majorly epic ones a year. (the sort you think about for days after and just wake up like "WOW") I also have always had a variety of other vivid and beautiful dreams on many different topics and some completely random.

Well, I notice in the past 6 months or so, more specifically, the past month or two, I ONLY dream about the apocalypse. Ever. I have not had one dream of any sort other than a very epic, vivid, colorful "surviving the apocalypse" dream. These dreams almost never contain any characters that I know from this world. They are always random strangers who I grow very attached to and form friendships with during the dream. When I wake up, I miss these people and think about them as if they are real. I've even had dreams that continue where the previous ones left off with the same cast of characters and everything. It's just too freaky...

Now, at first I just figured this was happening because the apocalypse is one of my favorite subjects. Creatively and entertainment speaking, not so much that I really think about the actual apocalypse or am worried about it or anything. I just love that sort of story. I read books and watch movies about it a lot, and I'm working on a series of novels on the subject. So I understand why it's in my subconscious. But still...

Doesn't it seem weird that I would never, ever dream about anything else for months? While I'm into the subject, there are so many other things I'm into as well, such as my dancing, food, traveling, just all sorts of things that I never dream about. Only this.

I'm not in any way suggesting that these dreams are premonitions. As much as I'd enjoy the chance to try and survive the apocalypse in this world, I have rather given up that it's going to happen in my lifetime. I don't know what these dreams mean, but after waking up from another extremely vivid zombie apocalypse dream this morning, I really started to question it. It makes me wonder if I'm not even dreaming, but that I'm traveling astrally into another world or something. The people I'm with in these dreams... I just feel the most intense, real feelings for them. They feel real to me.

I don't really know what I'm asking. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has only dreamed about one subject for months and months and months like this?
climbing

«  » by Nosmos
For the last oh, 8 years or so - my dreams are almost always about 'something' happening. Usually when I dream, they take place in the same places though I have never been there (at least in this life). But it is like a different day or something. Common recurrences are: I am living, or at, some area and I see 'redish' snow on the mountain tops. Everyone is talking about it. I am living, or visiting, some area - cliffy..I guess..and water is rising up. Actually I can't seem to recall them all right now! Frustrating, I should start keeping track.
At any rate, they always involved rising water - and red, red sky, red snow. An issue for me is, am I simply causing this since I am interested in this stuff to begin with? Or, am I dreaming about 'potential' future scenarios? Or, am I having memory's of a past experience(s)?
Nosmos

«  » by sentienne
I don't only have apocalyptic dreams, but I do have them often. Mine always involve water. There's flooding, MAJOR flooding. Tsunamis, rains, bodies of water overflowing their banks, etc.

I'm not sure what purpose it would serve to have the dreams over and over again, except that 1. you're obsessed (I say that with love) and 2. it's trying to tell you something - some message, some preparation that must be made.

Ponder it some more. try to find the common theme (other than the obvious). think about some of the underlying players in the dream. It might be that your dreams are trying to give you story material for your writing. it might also be that these people that are presenting themselves in your dreams (that you've got these real, intense feelings about) are in or about to come into your life and you're about to go to hell and back with them.
sentienne

«  » by climbing
Well, that is an interesting point actually. I started writing the books because of these dreams. I just felt so much love for the characters and so much desire to continue the story that I had to write it. It's the weirdest experience though! I have also had a lot of dreams about water. Crazy tidal waves, floods, etc. That's probably the third most common type of apocalypse dream I have. People are always paddling on boats through the streets and stuff, trying to get survivors from rooftops, things like that.

Nosmos, interesting about the red snow. I've had similar end of the world type dreams with a physical theme like that. Not red snow, but something like, the sky turns green and everyone is talking about it, things like that. I'm glad I'm not the only one having recurring dreams! I was thinking it might be because of the 2012 energy. Not that 2012 = apocalypse, but just that the apocalypse theme could represent the changing energies.
climbing

«  » by LucidDreams
I would like to hear the content of some of these dreams sometime, if you don't mind. Via PM if you'd prefer. I don't take the dreams of attune people lightly, and also it's just quite fascinating to hear about the visions other people (like me) have.
LucidDreams

«  » by overflow88
I'm quite familiar with these types of dreams. Long, vivid, epic dreams, traveling with a group of strangers trying to survive in an 'armegeddon' or apocalyptic type situation. I have them a few times a year like you mentioned. But I haven't noticed any real increase in their frequency, its actually been a while since I had one. They do seem so real, but they are generally not lucid, so I think that its real. They are different from nightmares, as the main emotion involved is not fear but determination. Mine have explored alien invasion, govt takeover, and world war 3 scenarios, as well as combinations of these. Seeing crazy things in the sky is almost always an element, or like its what begins the dreams, its what kicks it off and tells me that the shit has hit the fan.
overflow88

«  » by sentienne
overflow: mine generally aren't nightmares either. There is some fear - but mostly determination (gotta get to the top of the mountain or wherever). Mine are no more vivid or clear than my waking life. All of my dreams could easily pass for waking life (or my waking life for dreams). I've never had the desire to lucidly dream (control my dreams). I generally am an actor/observer in the dream.

Lucid: I'll make note of the next one and send it to you. Almost all of my "apocalyptic" dreams involve water - in fact I can't remember one that wasn't involving water.
sentienne

«  » by the white room
can you give any names of the characters
the white room

«  » by the white room
i've had vivid dreams but of more worrying things,like people being killed by aura threads sucking the life out of them
the white room

«  » by SurrogateSpark
[video=youtube;cd5-KKToTtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd5-KKToTtM&feature=g-logo-rec[/video]

;)

It's all good, no worries guys.

Much love,

Peace.
SurrogateSpark

«  » by sovauthority
I had a few weird dreams about apocalypse, the 2 most vivid ones I had was my neighborhood in ruins with a dark red sky, surrounded by black star black hammer soviet flags. Second dream I apparently was in the year 8,000, and the Earth had no resources and was in total anarchy, with the world controlled by a single super corporation, only them having super technology while the remaining populations have 70s like technology, and I was escaping from the half human half android enforcers. Aside for dreaming, I always day dreamed, especially in high school about apocalypse and what to do and which strategies to do for survival and to possibly create an army or special tactics unit. Its funny, cause then these thoughts evolved, combining with my ideology, to eventually form the solution that I have for this world. Imagination and Dreams show what the person wishes for.
sovauthority

«  » by climbing
I had a few more apocalypse dreams since I made this thread. But then I guess I jinxed whatever was happening and broke the cycle, because I randomly had a dream about my mom getting hit by lightning the other night. :( It was much less fun a dream!
climbing

«  » by amandapoet
Interesting thread. Apocalyptic dreams are a very common theme for me as well. Usually the apocalypse is due to either an extereme illness with limited vaccine, war, or just a combination of catastrophic events. Similar to others I also usually feel more of a sense of determination than fear....however, there have been some that have left me sad and panicked....and those I feel are foretelling of some sort of future reality. Honestly, I don't fear the apocalypse, or desire to actually see it happen---rather I feel this odd sort of resignation to it happening, or acceptance. Anyone else?
amandapoet

«  » by DaftFrost
LucidDreams wrote:I would like to hear the content of some of these dreams sometime, if you don't mind. Via PM if you'd prefer. I don't take the dreams of attune people lightly, and also it's just quite fascinating to hear about the visions other people (like me) have.

Wow just now, 10 minutes ago I woke up from an hour long nap and had a very apocalyptic lucid dream.

I remember myself that it was a special date which everyone was somewhat waiting for. Then I was walking down the street and saw this cloud giant cloud like explosion get wider and wider really fast. It was coming at me and realized it was some sort of nuclear explosion. I was prepared for it though, somewhat i was expecting something like it may happen. Then I experienced death. I remember myself flying everywhere, being hit by buildings and such, although I didn't really feel much pain, I could definitely recall the pain of my body decomposing, kind of dissolving.
Then I was in the astral plane as a spirit. I saw this masked guy who seemed he was responsible for all this, somewhat I was able to materialize and and demateralize. So I had this strong urge of fighting him, knowing that I am an eternal spirit, so I had nothing to fear.
Sadly right around that part I woke up.

They say that you can't feel pain in the astral plane, well I could recall the uncomfortableness around my body during my death.
DaftFrost

«  » by the white room
i had a lucid dream like that,same somethings going to happen something big, a didn't see a culprit but knew something was responsible, the explosion looked nuclear but the color made me think other wise. it looked like a fire came out of a rift between time and space just mad me eminently think hell fire, wasn't just fire but water, like tsunamis and mega waves infuse with lightning.
the white room

«  » by banrion
I have had very vivid apocalyptic dreams as well, mostly involving alien invasions or water (tidal waves, etc.). Almost always something happens to the sky. I've seen complex mandalas of light, worm holes, black holes swirling across the sky, etc.
banrion

«  » by Enlightened
im sure there is alot of people on this site with apocalypse dreams we are indigo's are dreams are crayyyyyyyyyyyz.

iv had alien attack dreams, iv had a 2012 earth destruction dreams, iv had dreams where outerspace shatters like a mirror and behind it is light(2012), iv had dreams where its the future and the government has enslaved the world, iv had zombie dreams.
iv had dreams........T_T, more scary than happy.
Enlightened

«  » by climbing
I've a similar dream to your outerspace shattering dream!
climbing

«  » by Enlightened
it was potrayed in my dream very nicely and is something that i can say was worth living to see even tho i was sleeping, something to tell my children and for them to tell their children and their childrens children. i watched it with my best friend and his brother while we sat on the curb and watched it shatter it sparkled light as it was falling from the magnifisent light that was being projected behind it. it fell like snow flakes, slow and for that moment in the linear perception that makes us believe in time everything was silent because no words could describe the magnitude of euphoria experienced.
Enlightened

«  » by overflow88
i think maybe its all about what you are expecting
overflow88