Becoming Gods and Egoic Disintergration

Discussion about the "New Age" movement

Becoming Gods and Egoic Disintergration

«  » by MiamiSound
Some new agers believe that it is possible to become gods, others believe we are already gods, and others that we and god are one. What really would it mean to even be a god and how does one know what godhood entitles you to? Is it possible to even know what god's qualities are without having our own ego becoming tangled in the reflection?

Some would argue that god's qualities are that of our higher selves.

Some would argue that to strive to be godlike would only improve an individual.

Some would argue that everything we do is godlike already.

But when we think about what a god is arent we imagining it from an egoic perspective where god also has a singular personality and individual qualities that may or may not be able to logically be translated into humanistic behaviors?

Doesnt feeling the sense of a divine creator first require the disintegration of the ego so that instead of putting god into a box and saying 'he is' or 'i am' we open up the unlimited potential in both by saying 'everything is'.

Thanks for reading!
MiamiSound

Blogs: 63

Da Da Da

"Its all different names for the same thing."
Optimystic

Blogs: 2

I have nothing to say except "I agree." *giggles*
Cusp_Child

Blogs: 3

Great thread.
ZZ23

Blogs: 8

its never made the least bit of sense to me. its not a concept i use at all. but i don't consider myself "new age" either.
rabana

Blogs: 4

I don't seem why we would need to disintergrate the ego to realize ourselves as god. I come from the understanding that everything we are in the moment is intended, perfect. This includes our ego. Can it improve, change as to allow more godlike qualities to shine through? yes. Would removing the ego from the throne of supremecy probably help? yes. But i think existence in duality, in any contextual field of experience, would take ego. Identity. The formless, unlimited aspect of god, sure, for that it would take ego disintegration, but that is not really something you can 'experience' by definition. What we can achieve in the physical is imperfect. We can real taoist moments of no-thing-ness, but we must eventually stand and walk. Learning to walk in divinity, surely that must be possible.
Sontlux

I read in the Bible that we are all made in His image...everyone, saint and sinner and all in between. That is a freely given gift. To walk in His likeness is a path that one walks with intention. Christ Consciousness.
pebble

Blogs: 4

Can someone be a self-serving villian and still be god? I think so. Can one do evil and be god? I think so. I truly beleive that god can choose any role He wants to play in and game imaginable. And still be god. Even conscious of it.
Sontlux

While i dont believe we must completely disintergrate the ego, i do believe a sort of pact must be made between the ego and the self to create a semblance of a unified perspective of that which is and that which isn't. To reckon such an idea like god would take more than a single linear view that would only encompass a piece of the puzzle. If there is a divine deity presiding over the universe, or galaxy whatever, then it is both incomprehensible and infinitely complex to be able to include paradoxical nature, omniscience, and infinite being aside from time and space. Such a deity is unknowable through the grasp of an ego, because an ego would only see the qualities that itself has, and without the ego i wouldnt be able to know yet because ego is so well integrated in awareness. But i would imagine that by genuinely merging self and ego one could begin to fathom the qualities belonging to a creator without limiting it to those only knowable to the ego. Or something like that! idk
MiamiSound

Blogs: 63

I agree. I am trying to figure out how to merge the aspects of myself, to combine the creative powers of all of me, into one whole.
Sontlux