Becoming an Optimist

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
" wrote:Hi Rabana, do you remember those lives? Do you know personally anyone who does? Also, how do you know that I have had peaceful rewarding lives? I would be interested to know.

[url=http://indigosociety.com/showthread.php?21795-How-to-Remember-Your-Past-Lives]how to remember your past lives[/url] there are 2 opening articles that get most people remembering. you have to drop the idea that no one can remember. thats just not true.

most of us have had better lives than this one on this planet at this time. simpler times, simpler cultures and so on.
rabana

Blogs: 4

" wrote:[url=http://indigosociety.com/showthread.php?21795-How-to-Remember-Your-Past-Lives]how to remember your past lives[/url] there are 2 opening articles that get most people remembering. you have to drop the idea that no one can remember. thats just not true.

most of us have had better lives than this one on this planet at this time. simpler times, simpler cultures and so on.

Thanks for the link but to tell you the truth I am finding it a bit difficult to read lengthy articles at this time. So you are saying that some people do remember past lives, I was not aware of that. Do you remember yours?
Aaron Benjamin

" wrote:I am not such a big reader, but if you want to send it to me I can take a look. Maybe it would be better if you just tell me a bit about what you got from the book in your own words.

there is some very tangible advice on how to help materialize your thoughts into reality. what's that saying? if you shoot for the stars and land on the moon... something or other???

I will type out my favorite 2 pages for you and see if this teaser is worth you reading the book...

below is quoted from "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
------------------------------
Faith Is a State of Mind Which May Be Induced by Autosuggestion

All through the ages, religious leaders have admonished struggling humanity to "have faith" in this, that and the other dogma or creed, but they have failedto tell people how to have faith. They have not stated that faith is a state of mind, and that it may be induced by self-suggestion.

In language any normal human being can understand we will describe all that is known about the principle through which faith may be developed, where it does not already exist.

Have Faith in yourself; Faith in the Infinite.

Before we begin, you should be reminded again that:

FAITH is the "eternal elixir" which gives life, power and action to the impulse of thought!

The foregoing sentence is worth reading a second time, and a third, and a fourth. It is worth reading aloud!

FAITH is the starting point of all accumulation of riches!

FAITH is the basis of all "miracles" and mysteries that cannot be analyzed by the rules of science!

FAITH is the only known antidote to FAILURE!

FAITH is the element, the "chemical" which, when mixed with prayer, gives one direct communication with Infinite Intelligence.

FAITH is the element that transforms the ordinary vibration of thought, created by the finite mind of man, into the spiritual equivalent.

FAITH is the only agency through which the cosmic force of Infinite Intelligence can be harnessed and used.

EVERY ONE OF THE FOREGOING STATEMENTS IS CAPABLE OF PROOF!
-----------------------------------------
skipping a page of fluff you should def read
--------------------------------------------
Self Confidence Formula
1. I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life. Therfore I demand of myself persistent, continuous action towards its attainment, and I here and now promise to take such action.

2. I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore I will concentrate y thoughts for 30 minutes daily upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, therby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.

3. I know through the principle of autosuggestion that any desire I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object. Therefore I will devote 10 minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of self-confidence.

4. I have clearly written down a description of my Definite Chief Aim in life. I will never stop trying until I have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.

5. I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice. Therefore I will engage in no transaction that does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred envy, jealousy, selfishness and cynicism by developing love for all humanity because I know that a negative attitude towards others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory and repeat it aloud once a day, with full faith that it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions so that I will become a self-reliant and successful person.

-----------------------------------------
poem a couple pages later, one of my favorites
--------------------------------------

If you think you are beaten, you are
If you think you dare not, you don't
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost.
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a person's will--
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man
But soon or late the one who wins
Is the one WHO THINKS HE CAN

-Napoleon Hill
------------------------------------------------

the end
GenericIndigo

Blogs: 16

Thank you it sounds interesting and like some good advice. Maybe one day I will read the book who knows.
Aaron Benjamin

yes i remember mine. your lives are the same soul in different situations. thats why its not that hard to figure out. whatever interests you deeply, what ever you love, you have always felt that way. cultures and locations that call you-- you've been there.
rabana

Blogs: 4

Return to index page Indigo Cafe