Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone else been getting very annoyed lately?

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm in grad school and have been feeling very frustrated with my work. I suppose it wasn't the smartest idea to come to grad school, but here I am. The academic environment totally rubs me the wrong way. I was very good at maintaining inner peace and balance in the first semester I arrived. Now it is the second and my workload is increasing dramatically, and it's just very draining. I'm falling off my grounding and spiritual practices that I was keeping up with before. That is probably partly why I feel very anxious a lot of the time. Also, when I'm at school I feel the constant pressure to perform. Not sure if this relates to what you all are feeling. Well, I also see through why everyone is here. One night I unloaded all my frustrations - "Only stupid people go to grad school! Who said this degree makes you smarter than everyone??!" Which isn't totally right, but it comes from my having to deal with the falsehood of this place and having to go through with it myself... Like I said, it probably wasn't super smart of me to go this route, but [excuses, excuses blablabla]...

Old Soul
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 2,329 Posts

win-win-win

muraso.
    I always thought it was easier for me to build
    a platform of information so I could answer some
    of the questions I had. I ended up with 2 masters,
    an MFA, for a total of 265 grad hours.

I did it for me, but teaching in college gave me
    a $$$ reward.
    Developing your psi-abilities can be a big plus.
    Empathy, for "reading" members of your committee
    and the social predators. Remote Viewing into to books
    and articles to tap into the authors intentions for impressive
    understanding of the authors thoughts. Trusting your ability
    of "Just-Knowing" for those True/False or Multi-Choice tests for "A's".
    [had one prof put a wrong answer as the correct answer on enough
    questions so no grad student would get an "A" on her tests. Drove
    her nuts that I would answer those with the correct/incorrect answer. :-) ! ! ]
    [life's little pleasures]

To socialize more, I started grad study groups
    to ask and answer questions in a Round Robin
    style. Upped our grades and built confidence
    and gave opportunities for friendships.
    Win-win-win
    :-)
    Be in harmony,
    be in beauty.
    roger
    note:
    What's your Major?
    Beauty,
    pc.
    Be in Harmony, Walk in Beauty. . .
    This is a navajo journey-way blessing it was given to me
    by a navajo healer-shaman, pappa john,

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialSocialSocial1 year registered
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockshimmo View Post
    Greetings MayleneC.

The energy other people put out ?

How could life be better for you ?

I'm wondering if it is the same kind of annoyance I experience when deep in the woods, perhaps with a few friends while listening to all the wild sounds of nature and suddenly a noisy aircraft flies overhead. Humans, wildlife all having individual energy yet keeping in balance. The jet or helicopter passes over and soon all returns to as it was.
    I could understand the annoyance you explained, and it's alot like that. It just feels like alot of the time i'm not really getting totally blissed out until I get a rare opportunity to just be alone or around somebody whose energy I really enjoy, unfortunately, those people are long distance relationships, and i'm just stuck around people I don't like. We can get along at best, but I know in my heart they're not the right people for me and that sometimes makes me think i'm just enduring life.
    I just don't know sometimes, it's not such a clear thing all the time, but I feel like everyday i'm learning more and more about myself and have hopes to just be with my twin flame, who I have met, but like I said, it's another long distance relationship. I've lost hope in just about all the people i'm regularly surrounded with and understand they're going in a totally different way that I just have to accept and let go.

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    @muraso I agree with what you said. Just today I started leaving my ipod in during the morning when I arrive up until our announcements & anthem are played. I listen to Sheila Chandra's Abonecronedrone and it really keeps me centred among the loud teenagers laughing/crying/yelling not to mention the morning music being played on top of that. I found it really helped me to have better days at school. I was in the dumps for a couple months. I may be onto something!

@MayleneC I also know what you mean. I have one or two people at my school (teachers, no less, I'm aways around people older than my age) who's energy is great and I feed off of it. Apart from them, I too only have long distant relationships with people who make me completely bliss and also share the same values. We are like a little family, one love! I don't seem them too often but as an only child I have the luxury of being on my own when I need it. That helps.
    Also as for your twin flame, I hear they are similar to kindred spirits. Kindred spirits I know only stick around for a short time before they're off so it's maybe not unusual your twin flame is a long distant relationship.
    shadyn |*
    "For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For beautiful eyes, seek out the good in people"
    -audrey hepburn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mothuras For This Useful Post:

MayleneC (02-25-2013)

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Good to know I'm not the only intuitive in grad school. My major is plant & soil science - I'm studying the use of compost for suppressing disease in vegetable crops. It's very meaningful, important work. But my advisors are not totally organized in their thinking of objectives and hypotheses, and tend to throw in new experiments all the time. I started a study group with my stats class, and it's been really wonderful. We are all doing well and acing our homework sets, while building good friendships. Win-win-win indeed!

I think my improving intuitive abilities are allowing me to learn new information very quickly - I understand stats right away during class (usually), and so far have aced all of my exams. I study, but it isn't with the same level of stress and torture as in undergrad.

I wish I could remote view! That sounds fantastic!

I definitely can receive the essence of where the author is coming from. I can get to the essence of a paper quite quickly. I can definitely "read" people and where they are coming from emotionally/intuitively.

Though now I am feeling less connected with my research - I want to study a lot of things. I have always been the friend to offer counsel and guidance. I've started on my path to spiritual awakening, and now think it would be so cool to do consciousness research.

I recently experienced a third eye activation and it is a really delightful experience and affirmation of my spiritual growth!

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    @mothuras Music is magically healing! Music breaks during my school days really help keep me going. I decided to start seeing a counselor for support with my challenges in communication and increased workload. It feels like the right step to take! I wish you may find something to soothe and heal your soul as well. On the up side, a parallel reality of magic is opening up for me. I drag myself through work (grad school is basically a job), and then experience moments of magic such as my recent third eye activation, acing my exams, my students telling me I am a great TA, my boyfriend telling me he wants to be more positive and let go of fear, and discovering I can experience life in even greater depth than I have before. So, at least we can all be grateful for metaphysical realities!

Indigo Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    @MayleneC I once stumbled upon a fantastic quote by the legendary Rainer Maria Rilke. I hope it may offer you some healing insight:

This ad goes away when you register.

“Therefore, dear Sir, love your solitude and try to sing out with the pain it causes you. For those who are near you are far away... and this shows that the space around you is beginning to grow vast.... be happy about your growth, in which of course you can't take anyone with you, and be gentle with those who stay behind; be confident and calm in front of them and don't torment them with your doubts and don't frighten them with your faith or joy, which they wouldn't be able to comprehend. Seek out some simple and true feeling of what you have in common with them, which doesn't necessarily have to alter when you yourself change again and again; when you see them, love life in a form that is not your own and be indulgent toward those who are growing old, who are afraid of the aloneness that you trust.... and don't expect any understanding; but believe in a love that is being stored up for you like an inheritance, and have faith that in this love there is a strength and a blessing so large that you can travel as far as you wish without having to step outside it.”
    Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
    Blessings to you~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12