SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,650 Posts

Four Major Benefits From Exercising OutDoors

"To be sure, exercising outdoors during the winter months in many parts of the country is not easy. Snow, sleet and rain, combined with lower winter temperatures, make it difficult if not impossible to work out in a natural environment, but if you can, you should because it's much better for you in the long run if you do. 'While the allure of the gym - climate-controlled, convenient and predictable - is obvious, especially in winter, emerging science suggests there are benefits to exercising outdoors that can't be replicated on a treadmill, a recumbent bicycle or a track,' says The New York Times' Health Blog."

http://www.naturalnews.com/039280_ex...#ixzz2MDq363Ut

This ad goes away when you register.

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered3 months registered250 Experience Points250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Exercise in outdoor having many advantages related to our health and fitness.When we go out for exercise in routine we increased our diet with hard workout its good for our health.Our body comes into a great condition and our minds remain active which is good for our health to have a active and healthy mind.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hollis For This Useful Post:

drakke1 (03-04-2013)

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    not all outdoor exercises are good
    do it in the middle of city where air are so dirty, will goin nowhere

5. The Following User Says Thank You to indoroids For This Useful Post:

BrainPulp (04-12-2014)

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I think for me, exercising outside is appealing because I feel like I get somewhere. It's freedom. Even when I did live in a big city, there was something so much better about running/walking/cycling outside than doing it in a house or gym. For me, being outside allows me the mental and physical space to clear my head. When I exercise indoors, I don't feel as relaxed afterwards. I think our bodies and minds need the space.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryYour first Group
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Absolutely! It's not often practical for a serious workout (no equipment etc outside) but doing hard work outdoors is just an awesome feeling

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Exactly, I'm so happy someone gets me!

Indigo Newbie
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Level
    Thanks
    Exercise is very necessary to stay healthy and fit.exercise improve our immunity power.

Indigo Rookie
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocial31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Nowadays it's difficult for some people to stay outside for a longer period of time cause of the massive spraying/chemtrailing.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredSocial1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by indoroids View Post
    not all outdoor exercises are good
    do it in the middle of city where air are so dirty, will goin nowhere
    i pretty much agree with this lol specially for cardio exercice, when you need still good oxygen intake, and in cities most place to run are near avenue and roads, forget it, you'll inhale more crap than oxygen with that lol can always find parcs or some place though =)

and treadmill are not all that bad, on the contrary, they are among the best thing to do serious cardio exercice, as you can control very easily the rythm and intensity of the exercices, with programs and stuff, treadmill are the best thing for pure cardio. and they are also safer, running outdor can come with also some kind of risk, depend on the terrain you run on, but if you run on bumpy/sloppy/too hard soil, it's not that great either, can sprain an ankle, or fall or other things
    "…why don’t you tell us yourself what the craft you’re an expert in is, and hence what we’re supposed to call you?"

Deity
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I exercise in the outdoors for 90 minutes a day for about 5 times a week. I also lift weights almost everyday. My diet is mostly good. These aspects combined led to me into having a very healthy body, mind, and spirit. The weather here in my area is excellent throughout the year which means I can workout everyday outside.
    Last edited by Vishnu; 04-12-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialSocialRecommendation Second ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 988 Posts
    I like going to the gym and using the weight machines. And the elliptical machine is fun too.
    ~~it is no measure of health, to be adjusted to a sick society~~
    ...~~may the bridges I burn light the way~~...

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    for me, if what you aim for is really fitness for increase of cardio performance, there is very little interest to run outside vs inside, and still many inconvenients.

and i also don't agree it's easier to run on a treadmill, all the time i run outside when i'm in the country, it more seem easier, i'm not all hardcore into chrono and heart bpm measuring, but i'm pretty sure i do better timing at equal level of effort outside vs on the treadmill.

weight machines also are not all that great, because they only train very speicfic muscle group, it can be ok if you make a good varied uses of different ones, but good exercices with free weight are better than machines, machines can be good for pure body building/esthetic purpose, because they can train very specific muscle group, but it's not that great for many other purposes

"the volunteers reported enjoying the outside activity more and, on subsequent psychological tests, scored significantly higher on measures of vitality, enthusiasm, pleasure and self-esteem and lower on tension, depression and fatigue after they walked outside."

for this i agree, but regarding the efficiency/safety of the training, there is no real interest of doing it outside
    Last edited by BrainPulp; 04-12-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    "…why don’t you tell us yourself what the craft you’re an expert in is, and hence what we’re supposed to call you?"

Deity
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Yeah, indoor gyms are not bad, but I prefer using the outdoors as my gym. I like absorbing a lot of sun. Absorbing sunlight is very good for your body. Sunlight cleanses the body.

Here is a video of me doing some of my martial arts:

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    if it's to enjoy sunlight and deal with depression, it's better to go to the beach lol

Deity
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Free weights are much better than machines. With just 6 dumb bells I can work out all muscle groups.

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredOverdriveCreated Blog entry1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainPulp View Post
    for me, if what you aim for is really fitness for increase of cardio performance, there is very little interest to run outside vs inside, and still many inconvenients.

and i also don't agree it's easier to run on a treadmill, all the time i run outside when i'm in the country, it more seem easier, i'm not all hardcore into chrono and heart bpm measuring, but i'm pretty sure i do better timing at equal level of effort outside vs on the treadmill.

weight machines also are not all that great, because they only train very speicfic muscle group, it can be ok if you make a good varied uses of different ones, but good exercices with free weight are better than machines, machines can be good for pure body building/esthetic purpose, because they can train very specific muscle group, but it's not that great for many other purposes

"the volunteers reported enjoying the outside activity more and, on subsequent psychological tests, scored significantly higher on measures of vitality, enthusiasm, pleasure and self-esteem and lower on tension, depression and fatigue after they walked outside."

for this i agree, but regarding the efficiency/safety of the training, there is no real interest of doing it outside
    I like being outside and I like walking and biking.

It is the delicate pleasure of using all of my senses simultaneously and at the same time keeping my body souple.
    When I am walking in the woods; I am using my eyes to see the trees and the leaves on or off them, depending on the season.
    I see the skies, they might be any kind of light or colour, the little mosses and flowers, the pretty stones that I find sometimes.
    The smell of the woods is like a perfume, but of a different kind allways, depending on the weather and the season.
    I hear the sounds of the woods, I hear the leaves of the trees whispering to eachother or I hear them raging, when a storm is blowing.
    I hear the birds, the sound of their wings and the sound of their songs.
    I hear mysterious sounds that I do not know the nature of.
    I like to softly stroke the bushes or the barks of the trees and sometimes I whisper to them, because to me it seems that a very long time ago we used to know eachother.
    And when I pick a flower I like to first ask its permission.
    In the particular season I go and taste the berries, the herbs, the nuts and all the different kinds of mushrooms.

When I go home all of my senses have been satisfied and I feel good and healthy.

I am not the gym kind of person.

Deity
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    That was beautiful writing, Zenia. Exercising outdoors makes you feel one with nature.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenia View Post
    I like being outside and I like walking and biking.

It is the delicate pleasure of using all of my senses simultaneously and at the same time keeping my body souple.
    When I am walking in the woods; I am using my eyes to see the trees and the leaves on or off them, depending on the season.
    I see the skies, they might be any kind of light or colour, the little mosses and flowers, the pretty stones that I find sometimes.
    The smell of the woods is like a perfume, but of a different kind allways, depending on the weather and the season.
    I hear the sounds of the woods, I hear the leaves of the trees whispering to eachother or I hear them raging, when a storm is blowing.
    I hear the birds, the sound of their wings and the sound of their songs.
    I hear mysterious sounds that I do not know the nature of.
    I like to softly stroke the bushes or the barks of the trees and sometimes I whisper to them, because to me it seems that a very long time ago we used to know eachother.
    And when I pick a flower I like to first ask its permission.
    In the particular season I go and taste the berries, the herbs, the nuts and all the different kinds of mushrooms.

When I go home all of my senses have been satisfied and I feel good and healthy.

I am not the gym kind of person.
    well yeah walking in forest or nature can have some benefits, even if i generally tend to find that quickly boring as well lol

but i still don't think there is clear advantage on anything to exercice outside, and only inconvenients like bumpy soils, not necessarily good soil either regarding shock absorbtion, and the soil is not necessarily super flat, not flat in the sense no increase of altitude, but also laterally, and i don't see much advantage to this, specially for cardio lol or need some kind of special trecking shoes, that cover ankles and have good shock absorbtion .

i do a bit of gym, but nowday more minimum a little hour of running about once a week, and some exercice there and there, i'm not gym fanatic either, just keep myself minimum healthy

but i like for exercice to be a minimum efficient, and now what gain it will provide when i do it, used to be a bit in judo competition when i was younger, and we had some sessions of hardcore training as well, but there is not really much need to go outside of you have treadmill

but if you do this for relaxation, or i dunno to deal with depression, or other purpose than fitness, it's clear it always more enjoyable outside lol

i have other kind of thing to be in communion with nature and dealing with depressions lol

Deity
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    How can you get bored of nature when nature is infinite? That type of thinking is highly irrational. You can never get bored of the infinite nature of nature since there is always something more to find out about it within physicality.

Indigo Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
    How can you get bored of nature when nature is infinite? That type of thinking is highly irrational. You can never get bored of the infinite nature of nature since there is always something more to find out about it within physicality.
    well i don't see what there is specially exeptional or exiting to be alone in a forest lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast