I am your golden boy, your drunken ascended master

General Open Discussion for topics not covered anywhere else.
I bring wisdoms from beyond the bar to inspire your most inebriated dreams of ascension into the higher realms of drunken bliss. Allow me to quell your thirst for spirituality with a tasty dosage of rum and coke. Want to see through the dimensions? I have pills for that given to me by my grandmother. Want to know the secrets of the universe? Let me introduce you to the kegstand. Want to be in tune with the harmonic vibration and unified field? Let me take you for a drive into the city lights and swerve into infinity.

MiamiSound

Blogs: 63

Lol... you said quell.

Laughs and falls over.
Valkrane

Blogs: 15

Me and another IS member were idly passing thoughts back and forth on drinking. Or being drunk, buzzed whatever. Why do we do it. Why in particular do spiritual people like to drink.

I think its because all that shit we think about ourselves, and others, all the conditioning, beliefs and crap get dampened down when we drink, and we have a touch in with spirit, our spirit. We can do that because the alcohol has suppressed all that shit that causes us not to be in that place. They dont' call alcohol 'spirits' by accident.....

WE just dont' think about that shit when we are drinking. How we are unhappy with ourselves. unless we are depressive type drinkers where everything gets worse. Or angry drinkers that want to fight. And unless we are really tipped over we have a lot of clarity a lot of inspiration, a feeling of being free, being fearless. All our shit has been clamped down on to allow the inner expression to come out.

I mean you party down with a person just once and you seldom ever have serious issues with that person again. Or at least for that night of drinking everyone is in love with each other. People will say it lets go of inhibitions I think it just gives us a reprieve from our beleif systems so they dont' have a strangle hold on us for awhile.

Then the hangover comes when all the shit falls in again. The physical repercussions....I get somewhat depressed the next day after drinking and I always thought it was because I felt like shit physically...

my ramblings on drinking.
Celticknot

Blogs: 2

That's a soothing word, so much nicer than quench.
MiamiSound

Frangelica.

See its an angelic drink.
Celticknot

" wrote:Me and another IS member were idly passing thoughts back and forth on drinking. Or being drunk, buzzed whatever. Why do we do it. Why in particular do spiritual people like to drink.

I think its because all that shit we think about ourselves, and others, all the conditioning, beliefs and crap get dampened down when we drink, and we have a touch in with spirit, our spirit. We can do that because the alcohol has suppressed all that shit that causes us not to be in that place. They dont' call alcohol 'spirits' by accident.....

WE just dont' think about that shit when we are drinking. How we are unhappy with ourselves. unless we are depressive type drinkers where everything gets worse. Or angry drinkers that want to fight. And unless we are really tipped over we have a lot of clarity a lot of inspiration, a feeling of being free, being fearless. All our shit has been clamped down on to allow the inner expression to come out.

I mean you party down with a person just once and you seldom ever have serious issues with that person again. Or at least for that night of drinking everyone is in love with each other. People will say it lets go of inhibitions I think it just gives us a reprieve from our beleif systems so they dont' have a strangle hold on us for awhile.

Then the hangover comes when all the shit falls in again. The physical repercussions....I get somewhat depressed the next day after drinking and I always thought it was because I felt like shit physically...

my ramblings on drinking.

Drinking for me has always just been another part of life, sure we get piss ass sometimes and do somethings that might seem questionable in the morning but usually the spirit behind it is one of uplifting the senses into a happy stupor. I know many people who can only communicate feelings bottled up in them by drinking a round or two, they will spill their heart out and usually the next day they feel as if a burden had been lifted.
MiamiSound

" wrote:Frangelica.

See its an angelic drink.

I thought it was frangelico?
MiamiSound

" wrote:I thought it was frangelico?

shut up (lol)
Celticknot

I told the hubby that I loved him for the first time when I was drunk. I knew what I was doing, just used that as an excuse to finally be able to tell him and give him an out if he needed it! LOL

I wish I could get drunk sometimes. But, I'm too fricken responsible! I don't like loosing control of myself or my surroundings...

Heck, this summer, Celtic... you need to be in my back yard.... by the pool... everyone on here needs to party in my back yard!
Dabbs

Blogs: 7

I myself have been known to get blatantly drunk, ha actually the first and only time i ever went to jail was because of a bar fight lol (wasn't my fault). I think that it would be foolish for anyone with even half of a brain to degenerate it with substance abuse, but on the other hand a LITTLE substance abuse isn't so bad ;) sometimes i like to think of it as communion heh heh
wonderlusk

I am so down there. GEt the pool open and I 'll bring heavy duty heaters to melt the snow. Your hubby may be asking "Honey? Why won't that women leave our yard?"

" wrote:I told the hubby that I loved him for the first time when I was drunk. I knew what I was doing, just used that as an excuse to finally be able to tell him and give him an out if he needed it! LOL

I wish I could get drunk sometimes. But, I'm too fricken responsible! I don't like loosing control of myself or my surroundings...

Heck, this summer, Celtic... you need to be in my back yard.... by the pool... everyone on here needs to party in my back yard!
Celticknot

Nah, hubby's used to a bunch of people here. He secretly enjoys it. All we've gotta do is keep him supplied with manhatten's or gin martinis and he won't say a word!
Dabbs

Drinking is fun, plain and simple. If you have issues it can ruin it for you, hence the angry/depressed drunks you get. Booze makes people say/do things that they secretly want to, but their sensibilities stop them. Why great hilarity can sometimes occur, though it's not for every day :p
Spyder

Blogs: 3

Its because you all don't like to split you mind. To do these things you literally are in two
places at once. Alcohol just allows you to ignore that schism better. ^_^
Or that is just my silly take on it.

Mirrors! We need lots of mirrors, to guide the suns rays to Dabbs back yard.
Or maybe geo theremal! I can do this! Bwahahaahahaaaaaa
builderofcastles

i rode drunk and high on a CBR600 and hit 140mph last month on the way to a wedding reception, because I was feeling kind of psychotic, invited to my ex girlfriend's little sister's wedding, where the entire family was there and I never wanted anything to do with her again much less see everyone at the same place reminding me of the wedding I thought I would have one day, so needed a way to prepare for the whole mess.
GenericIndigo

Blogs: 16

You would have made a real splash by showing up in a body bag.
Celticknot

That would be amazing.
Optimystic

I don't like to drink anymore, but I did enjoy it in the past. It feels like poison to me now. I can handle a drink or two occasionally, but that's it.
evergreen

Blogs: 1

Guys, there's a few inches of snow on top of ice in the pool! Not to mention the snow on the ground leading to the pool! LOL

Wait til summer! You can bring your tents, I have an outhouse with a flushable toilet.... and an outdoor shower.... and a soda machine.... LOL... and speakers outside that we can play all 36,000 songs that we have on our dj computer.... LOL

Horseshoe pits.... um.... Just wait til summer! Then you're all invited!
Dabbs

I'm there.... I'm there....I'm so there...
Celticknot