Shielding?

General Indigo Generation discussion
IT seems so important for some people that we shield ourselves from the outside world, as if we need to be trapped in our little bubbles as we ride out into the world. I am confused by this concept, only because I feel that if we truly experience love for one another than shielding seems so unnecessary.

Maybe I'm missing the point of guarding oneself from everything. But isn't experiencing new and wonderful things the point? If we are constantly operating under our shields and guards, won't that drain us and make us miss out on all of life's good experiences?

Make us miss out on life's wonders? It's joy? If we let emotions pass through us then we can remain stable and unshakeable in our resolve?

Some clarification in this matter would be most welcome.

~Jovile Out
J0vil3

I only use shielding when I get over whelmed or need a break. I have only tried a couple of times to shut myself off completely from the world. Normally I use a weak one just to help me stay focused on what I am doing. My 'Gut' feelings at work usually save me time and extra effort, and a good part of that come from what I pick up around me. If I am actively shielding myself I also shut that off.

The point is not to shut off the world, but to protect yourself from burnout. Sorta like a guitar player wearing earplugs while performing next to a giant speaker. They still need to hear the rest of the band, but not necessarily at full volume.
FantomBlaze

by sshenry
Truly, grounding is far more important than shielding, for if an individual is well-grounded the negative energies can flow through them (instead of being internalized) and flow right out again. It also has the added benefit of coming in direct contact with the negative energy so that you can understand it - and let it go.

Shielding, especially for an empath, is sometimes necessary in situations where grounding is impractical (such as while sleeping, or in large crowds that can sometimes be overwhemling) and I've used shielding to protect my children when they were small, especially my crystal daughter who was ultra sensitive.

But IMHO grounding is far and away the better. deal :)

Namaste
sshenry

[QUOTE=sshenry;110242]Truly, grounding is far more important than shielding, for if an individual is well-grounded the negative energies can flow through them (instead of being internalized) and flow right out again. It also has the added benefit of coming in direct contact with the negative energy so that you can understand it - and let it go.

Shielding, especially for an empath, is sometimes necessary in situations where grounding is impractical (such as while sleeping, or in large crowds that can sometimes be overwhemling) and I've used shielding to protect my children when they were small, especially my crystal daughter who was ultra sensitive.

But IMHO grounding is far and away the better. deal :)

Namaste[/QUOTE]

It's interesting you bring this up, being in large crowds the past couple weeks has been almost torturous to me. How do you properly shield?
raztaz12

by sshenry
Well, the best way is to ground yourself via your root chakra and simultaneously raise your energy via your chakra system - root to crown (from the ground up so to speak) concentrating on each center until you feel it energized. Then when the negative or overwhemlming energies accost you you can simply let them flow through you instead of internalizing them.

But if you need shielding (and there are definite occasions when it is needed) - raise your energies in the same way, but instead of opening yourself up, let the energy spill over just a little (feel it coating you like an upended bucket of paint) this will keep the worst of it out. The problem with shielding is that it pretty much cuts you off from being open to higher energies as well as the negative and overwhemling ones and should be used sparingly.

Namaste :)
sshenry

by Rachel
i do it so i don't spontaneously compuste.lol.its overwhelming.
Rachel

by sshenry
[QUOTE=Rachel;110417]i do it so i don't spontaneously compuste.lol.its overwhelming.[/QUOTE]

Yes. While going through the transition into Crystal I found shileding to be a priceless ability, and for those indigos who are extra sensitive to picking up others thoughts or emotions, it can also provide a means of relief from being overwhelmed.
sshenry

Why shielding is necessary

Hello All,

I've been reading your posts on shielding and am so happy to report this is something I know a great deal about.
I would like to shed my informational light on shielding yourself and what it means and why it is important.

We don't shield ourselves away from the world. Instead we shield ourselves from certain thoughts and emotions, but never against. Shielding from implies a protective device just so you don't pick up so much yuck from the collective consciousness. Shielding yourself against the world implies adversity. We don't ever want that. That is bad juju and creates exclusion instead of inclusion....and yes we do want to love the world. But that doesn't mean being wide open for all and any energies. In order to be effective, to love the self first and then to realize how connected we are we must be selective about what we are willing to play with and what energies are not good for us or bad for us. You wouldn't step in dog poop just because it was natural, right? You would go around it honoring the fact that it is and it exists all the same. But let it BE.

There is energy out there that is not good for us. Anyone who has ever been around lots of people knows that. You walk into a room and don' want to go near a certain person, yet there are other people you gravitate towards. This is a good thing. We always want to be with people who are good for us, not be with people who are bad for us.

In terms of grounding the self...excellent idea. We need to be in our bodies and connected to Mother Earth or Gaia and Father Sky or Creator. Bringing the energy down into your body through the crown chakra, along the spine, cemented it into the earth and then bring it back up again through the spine out the top of your head and around your body in 360 degrees and then back up through the spine from the base of your body. You want to keep this flow going and it will protect you, for sure.

The idea is to put up your shields, which you can find on http://www.immunics.org and do the grounding. IMO, we need to BE completely where we are when we are there and have the know how to shield ourselves from negative information regardless of where it comes from. The more you do that the clearer you will be. I don't leave home without either thing done. I just feel too bad if I don't do it. It's not worth it.

I am so glad you guys are here. I didn't know you existed. yeah!!!

Blessings to all, Ria :D

PS I am an intuitive energy healer who has been at this game a long time. I am also extremely sensitive to my environment and have spent most of my life trying to understand what the heck was going on with me and the world around me. Happy to share...hope it helps everyone.

BTW...another thing that is so very important is to be completely connected to Creator. The more connected we are to Creator or Source Energy or whatever you want to call it the better off you are going to be and function. I find the shielding and being connected to Creator is tantamount to my health, happiness and my ability to function well in the world.
Be well all!
WanderingAround

by Belobog
[QUOTE=sshenry;110409]Well, the best way is to ground yourself via your root chakra and simultaneously raise your energy via your chakra system - root to crown (from the ground up so to speak) concentrating on each center until you feel it energized. Then when the negative or overwhemlming energies accost you you can simply let them flow through you instead of internalizing them.

But if you need shielding (and there are definite occasions when it is needed) - raise your energies in the same way, but instead of opening yourself up, let the energy spill over just a little (feel it coating you like an upended bucket of paint) this will keep the worst of it out. The problem with shielding is that it pretty much cuts you off from being open to higher energies as well as the negative and overwhemling ones and should be used sparingly.

Namaste :)[/QUOTE]

I want to make this clear NEVER go from down up. This is the incorrect method of doing things. This is perpetuated among the new age community that really never studied Indian mysticism. When dealing with energy centers you always go from the highest downward to sart to purify the energy and then down up after the energy has been purified. I am said to say there have been many charlatan teachers out there teaching things falsely; especially in this area. I just wanted to correct this because it can be quite dangerous doing it incorrectly.
Belobog

by J0vil3
Thanks for the responses, I guess that not being sensitive to that sort of thing, I don't ever get overwhelmed by any of it. Not to say that I can't feel something there, I just don't have an acute sense of it all.

One thing I'm curious about is why not from the ground up? I've been reading a book on Tao that recommends 3 different kinds that all start with the energy at the base. I can understand the energy purification thing, but wouldn't it be nearest the highest point that energy is purified? Some light would be appreciated.
J0vil3

by Belobog
[QUOTE=J0vil3;110592]Thanks for the responses, I guess that not being sensitive to that sort of thing, I don't ever get overwhelmed by any of it. Not to say that I can't feel something there, I just don't have an acute sense of it all.

One thing I'm curious about is why not from the ground up? I've been reading a book on Tao that recommends 3 different kinds that all start with the energy at the base. I can understand the energy purification thing, but wouldn't it be nearest the highest point that energy is purified? Some light would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I am hesitant to give certain information due to oaths that I have taken.
Belobog

by sshenry
[QUOTE=J0vil3;110592]
One thing I'm curious about is why not from the ground up? I've been reading a book on Tao that recommends 3 different kinds that all start with the energy at the base. I can understand the energy purification thing, but wouldn't it be nearest the highest point that energy is purified? Some light would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you saw the post.

Well, the best way is to ground yourself via your root chakra and simultaneously raise your energy via your chakra system - root to crown (from the ground up so to speak) concentrating on each center until you feel it energized. Then when the negative or overwhemlming energies accost you you can simply let them flow through you instead of internalizing them.

sshenry

wow wanderingaround, that was so beautiful, and so true! you deserve some rep power!
peacefullwarrior1992

Thank you sshenry, your advice helped me take on grocery shopping yesterday. Haven't been able to go for a while because I've been avoiding it. Usually run straight to the fruit grab what i need and get outta there asap, yesterday I took my time browsed around, felt really good. Had to leave eventually, but I was a lot stronger, less antsy
raztaz12

sounds to me like shielding is an inherently taught defense mechanism in a world filled with the "order of people". you get trained to defend yourself in a lot of different ways against a lot of different things... some things get slipped in and you being you, didn't ignore it and took it to heart. Now all of a sudden you are part of a cult.....or you're selling drugs to college kids to pay for your tuition, or you join the military.. not to be a hater or anything but we need as much shielding as we can get.
Connduct

[QUOTE=J0vil3;110592]Thanks for the responses, I guess that not being sensitive to that sort of thing, I don't ever get overwhelmed by any of it. Not to say that I can't feel something there, I just don't have an acute sense of it all.

Because earth, has many energies in it, and when you pull up, you are pulling the energies of the world into you, and there really is no way of telling, what kind of energy you going to get hit with...
the goal is to get rid of energy not take in....
Personally i work on a differnt type of shielding... this works to i guess...

CJ-
WingedDefender

Return to index page Indigo Phenomenon