Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranVeteran1000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Smile How many chakras are there?

I know that 7!
    But I've been recently looking for physical disfunctions and the energetic disfunctions which are it's causes. And I found this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=4Ci...result#PPP1,M1

Cyndi Dale New Chakra Healing
    (only part of the book but there is this fragment with the description of the chakra system)

She says that there are 12 chakras + secondary chakra system. And I knew that there are other minor chakras but this 5 other major chakras was something new. And I must say that it fits well with what I feel.

This ad goes away when you register.

So I wanted to ask You what do you think about it all ?
    coz I know some of You are healers and have a lot of practical knowledge.

Also the tradition speaks about major 7 chakras, so what, they didn't notice?

I kind of like this Cyndi Dale system because she puts a lot of emphasis on grounding and I guess we might give it much less importance than it really should recieve.

So. Good reading! And share your thoughts!

Take Care.
    M.

Official Supporter
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,241
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 942 Posts
    ya well there are 2 different schools of thought

the 12 come from the crystal / energy workers from what I remember and not all of these exist within the body, there's one 6 inches below the feet and another one is the core of the earth, linking us with the planet, this actually makes a lot of sense to me

the secondary chakra's a valid point too as we have energy vortexes all over our body especially hands and feet and at our glands, this is where energy goes in and out of the body..

reflexology states that the end points of the meridians are at the hands and feet and the meridians are the lines at which the energy travels in the body

so it makes sense that there would be minor chakras here..

most of the major chakras correspond to glands in the body however..
    "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." - Anonymous
    The Infinite Strength of Spirit empowers the Will to embrace the Beauty of Change - Patryc
    "If I distrust the human being, then I must cram her with information of my own choosing lest she go her own mistake way. But if I trust the capacity of the human individual for developing, then I can provide her with many opportunities and permit her to choose her own way and her own directions in learning." - Rogers & Freiberg, 1994, p. 160

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

i am a banana
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 601 Posts
    13 major chakras which correspond to the the 13 dimensions. Thousands of minor ones all through the body, connected to the major chakras by the nadis (energy channels). There's larger chakras in the hands and feet, connected to the heart and root chakras respectively.

Since the energy is so subtle and many of the chakras lay outside the physical body, perceptions will vary.
    ॐ Breathe ॐ
    Hidden Content

Music of the Stars
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I think they talk about the 72000 nadis in the bodies and one could perhaps view a chakra as a place with many nerve endings which again can be affected by the unconsciousness/consciousness. I think that all the vertebras of the spine are important and some of them are connected to the glands which again are called chakras...
    Don't mind the God, beware of the owner!

Old Soul
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 Times in 2,797 Posts

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Old Soul
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 Times in 2,797 Posts
    Seven major points - lots of minor points, the seven major points corresponding with the glandular system - I think there was a chart on one of those links that showed how the major chakras line up with the glandular or "core" system.

There are some schools of thought that claim there are 12 major chakra points, and that those beyond the seven major points exist outside of the physical body.

There are lots of good books on the subject

“What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,when you awoke,you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?”
    ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/hb/hhb-20.shtml

I pretty much agree and resonate with this, including the fact that this author points out that many of the characteristics of these chakras are completely different and perceptional from person to person, because they are so related to the soul and not necessarily the human energy body. I have seen that people from the same places or star systems in the universe, or that have visited the same places, have similar colors of these chakras (paticularly the "9th" chakra, considered to be the soul blueprint, I think).

Food for thought, if nothing else. But remember.. not one person ever has all of the answers.

Much love,
    John

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Benares View Post
    http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/hb/hhb-20.shtmlBut remember.. not one person ever has all of the answers.
    Oh yeah, I've definitely noticed that!
    And in the end that is probably how it is.

But I must say that learning that we don't even know how many chakras there really is made me feel uneasy.
    Coz ok, we don't really know what's coming, but we know that something is, great, we don't really know who we are and what are we supposed to do, nice, but chakras?! come on! I liked the 7 idea, it made sense! It was something certain in the sea of subjectivity!, and now it's gone...

And as much as my mind was always flaxible and ready to consider any far out possibilities I must say I'm a bit lost here.
    You know this song? "space oddity" by David Bowie? That's exactly how I feel.
    And I know that it is not an inrelevant song and that it comes nicely with the theme, contact with you're guides, but how do I know who to trust? and I can trust, there are things that resonate better with me and those are the ones that I trust.
    But on the other hand if someone told me 5 years ago 1/100 of what I know now I would say nice idea, I would think about it and smile politely, which would not stop me from thinking that this person must be a total freeq. So maybe even now when I hear something true it is too much for me and I don't believe it. And there is sooo much contradictory information!

I have a friend and she is quite open to this type of discussion and I sometimes talk with her about it, but not about everything coz it's just too much! She want's logical answers, and I know that logic is not the best tool to use with those type of things, but then how can you explain, when there is so much of this reality around us.

Some people (like my father) have so incredibly closed minds. And it's funny coz I could always talk with him about science, philosophy, religion, in a theoretical way and now when I try to talk with him totally out of the box he gets so scared that he refuses to hear what I have to say and literally doesn't give it a thought. And my mother ends every atempt at discussion with a sentence "I am tired, leave me alone".
    And I know that it is their choice, and their journey. But sometimes it makes me really confused.

This world always seemed strange to me, and many of the things that we hear and talk about that are happening now sound much more familiar. But it would be nice to know more details. To be in real contact. When what you experience is something so important that you cannot even try to see it from the I must be crazy perspective. And although I listen to myself now much more than I used to I still sometimes wonder who is at the right track, Me or them.
    And it is so stupid how I don't really have anyone to talk about it, and how i have to stop myself from teling everyone i meet about what i know and think is true. Not in the sense of imposing my views only for informative proposes, and by the way so many people don't get this idea. They either feel attacked right away, eaven if that is precisely not what you are doing, or they attack you with their idea of how things are, or (my favourite) they refuse to eaven think about it.

Probably the ultimate answer for me is meditate and stay grounded, but anyway... had to write about it I guess...

Love
    M.

Indigo Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaKira View Post
    Oh yeah, I've definitely noticed that!
    And in the end that is probably how it is.

But I must say that learning that we don't even know how many chakras there really is made me feel uneasy.
    Coz ok, we don't really know what's coming, but we know that something is, great, we don't really know who we are and what are we supposed to do, nice, but chakras?! come on! I liked the 7 idea, it made sense! It was something certain in the sea of subjectivity!, and now it's gone...

And as much as my mind was always flaxible and ready to consider any far out possibilities I must say I'm a bit lost here.
    You know this song? "space oddity" by David Bowie? That's exactly how I feel.
    And I know that it is not an inrelevant song and that it comes nicely with the theme, contact with you're guides, but how do I know who to trust? and I can trust, there are things that resonate better with me and those are the ones that I trust.
    But on the other hand if someone told me 5 years ago 1/100 of what I know now I would say nice idea, I would think about it and smile politely, which would not stop me from thinking that this person must be a total freeq. So maybe even now when I hear something true it is too much for me and I don't believe it. And there is sooo much contradictory information!

I have a friend and she is quite open to this type of discussion and I sometimes talk with her about it, but not about everything coz it's just too much! She want's logical answers, and I know that logic is not the best tool to use with those type of things, but then how can you explain, when there is so much of this reality around us.

Some people (like my father) have so incredibly closed minds. And it's funny coz I could always talk with him about science, philosophy, religion, in a theoretical way and now when I try to talk with him totally out of the box he gets so scared that he refuses to hear what I have to say and literally doesn't give it a thought. And my mother ends every atempt at discussion with a sentence "I am tired, leave me alone".
    And I know that it is their choice, and their journey. But sometimes it makes me really confused.

This world always seemed strange to me, and many of the things that we hear and talk about that are happening now sound much more familiar. But it would be nice to know more details. To be in real contact. When what you experience is something so important that you cannot even try to see it from the I must be crazy perspective. And although I listen to myself now much more than I used to I still sometimes wonder who is at the right track, Me or them.
    And it is so stupid how I don't really have anyone to talk about it, and how i have to stop myself from teling everyone i meet about what i know and think is true. Not in the sense of imposing my views only for informative proposes, and by the way so many people don't get this idea. They either feel attacked right away, eaven if that is precisely not what you are doing, or they attack you with their idea of how things are, or (my favourite) they refuse to eaven think about it.

Probably the ultimate answer for me is meditate and stay grounded, but anyway... had to write about it I guess...

Love
    M.
    Thus is the human condition. We are afloat in a sea of answers to questions that many have posed over and over again. Maybe I can offer a bit of guidance here..

Everyone, and I mean everyone, has their own perceptions about anything. In my personal opinion, a person who takes on everything that another person has to say without deciding whether they resonate with or believe it or not, is ignorant. The same goes with the chakra model and all of that. We have the traditional idea of the seven chakras, but the truth is, it's not the same for everyone. Two different clairvoyant people, could look at the same person, and see completely different things. You know what? They would both be right! The question here is who do you resonate with. On the flip side, the same clairvoyant could look at the same person's chakras over an extended period of time, and see two different things.. and again, they are right both times.

Nothing here on Earth is set in stone. We must train our intuition and discernment in order to find that which we seek, whatever is may be. If we are looking for how many chakras there are, and we do not have the gifts in our present awareness available to find that out, then we must search for people that we resonate with, and discuss it with them. Otherwise, we must find copy information that we find to be true at least in part. We can take a little bit from each of these things and people and create our own truth or belief structure. Also, periodically, I like to reformat my truths and beliefs (a truth being something that we have proved to ourselves, and a belief being something that we want to think is true) as to keep myself on the edge of what I think. Sometimes I find that a belief of mine is actually a truth, or vice versa. It's all in perception.

Hey, maybe this confused you more than anything. That's ok. Don't know who to trust? This or that psychic, these or those guides, them ETs or whatnot? Well, once we get in tune and in touch with our higher selves, then we can develop our connections with all of those other people through the filter of the one being that knows what's best for us more than anyone else. Actually, I've found that my higher self is my most important teacher, because he knows exactly what I need to know at any given time. Then, through the filter of your higher self, and using your intuition and discernment, you can develop relations with spirit guides, mentors, etc. I wrote a higher self meeting meditation that may help you find what you are looking for. Heck, maybe not. http://indigosociety.com/meeting-you...elf-t3493.html Remember, only you can decide what you want to believe, or not. Follow your instincts, and do what resonates with you!

Hope this helps

Much love,
    John

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Benares View Post
    Thus is the human condition. We are afloat in a sea of answers to questions that many have posed over and over again. Maybe I can offer a bit of guidance here..

Everyone, and I mean everyone, has their own perceptions about anything. In my personal opinion, a person who takes on everything that another person has to say without deciding whether they resonate with or believe it or not, is ignorant. The same goes with the chakra model and all of that. We have the traditional idea of the seven chakras, but the truth is, it's not the same for everyone. Two different clairvoyant people, could look at the same person, and see completely different things. You know what? They would both be right! The question here is who do you resonate with. On the flip side, the same clairvoyant could look at the same person's chakras over an extended period of time, and see two different things.. and again, they are right both times.

Nothing here on Earth is set in stone. We must train our intuition and discernment in order to find that which we seek, whatever is may be. If we are looking for how many chakras there are, and we do not have the gifts in our present awareness available to find that out, then we must search for people that we resonate with, and discuss it with them. Otherwise, we must find copy information that we find to be true at least in part. We can take a little bit from each of these things and people and create our own truth or belief structure. Also, periodically, I like to reformat my truths and beliefs (a truth being something that we have proved to ourselves, and a belief being something that we want to think is true) as to keep myself on the edge of what I think. Sometimes I find that a belief of mine is actually a truth, or vice versa. It's all in perception.

Hey, maybe this confused you more than anything. That's ok. Don't know who to trust? This or that psychic, these or those guides, them ETs or whatnot? Well, once we get in tune and in touch with our higher selves, then we can develop our connections with all of those other people through the filter of the one being that knows what's best for us more than anyone else. Actually, I've found that my higher self is my most important teacher, because he knows exactly what I need to know at any given time. Then, through the filter of your higher self, and using your intuition and discernment, you can develop relations with spirit guides, mentors, etc. I wrote a higher self meeting meditation that may help you find what you are looking for. Heck, maybe not. http://indigosociety.com/meeting-you...elf-t3493.html Remember, only you can decide what you want to believe, or not. Follow your instincts, and do what resonates with you!

Hope this helps

Much love,
    John
    Thank you very much Benares! I cheked out the link and it is wonderful!
    I think you are right about this that people may see things differently and that they all may be right. I thought about it much earlier before finding this forum and that is the answer that I came up with. Also I know this about not accepting anything as it is without considering if it rings right inside yourself. That is what I always do.

Maybe I should just really concentrate on conecting with my higher self. I have some conection already, I have feelings, and ideas coming from inside and there is a lot of synchronicities around me, like numbers, hour and minutes numbers on the clock, or just straight forward answers like in a song on a radio, something somebody says and so on.

So I know what you mean but you know I never get the feeling of being really conected and talking with my higher self or like if the connection was really really bad and only parts of information where getting to me. So that is the right direction to go. The higher self.

And still probably we just simply have better and worse days.

Thank you very much!
    Take care!
    M.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thank's a lot Benares...

That "new" info is amazing.... i had "touch" these chacras, and work a lot with 8th, but i hadnn't find any written information about them.
    In my "reallity" i found more centers than 12 some people had 14, 16... 18, one time i can count 24... ( may be i drunk too much .... I never see this number again)

Thanks a lot for the info... i need some confirmation about how was i seeing, and time arrived.

I also feel that there are also "new" Chacras underground... 3 or 5 at less...

I know that i'm only touching the ear of the elephant.... is so nice when someone agrees with your perception...!!!

(I were not mad,) hehehe...

Do I say you ...thanks...?