Types of Psychic Abilities

The Psychic Phenomenon; a place to discuss the bizarre of psychic experiences and theories. Deja Vu, Telekenesis, Sight, etc.

Types of Psychic Abilities

«  » by reckless-abandon
Animal Telepathy - The ability to communicate with (but not command or influence) various kinds of creatures. Think "pet psychic".

Astral Projection - The ability to leave one's body and travel in spirit to another location.

Aura Reading - The ability to see the energy fields that emanate from living beings. Psychic ability can often reveal itself throught the seeing of auras.

Automatic Writing - Writing through the subconscious mind without conscious thought, or through the guidance of an outside intelligence.

Channeling - Associated with mediums, this is the ability to act as a channel or vessel for an outside intelligence.

Clairaudience - Put simply, this type of ability is used to hear what is "inaudible". For example, someone with this ability could be a thousand miles way and "hear" a loved one's cry of distress.

Clairvoyance - Usually confused with Precognition, this ability actually has much more in common with "Remote Viewing", True clairvoyance is not the abilitly to see into the future, but the psychic ability to see visions of that which is hidden or far away.

Clairsentience - In this instance the psychic has an insight or "knowing" of and a hidden or forgotten fact.

Divination - A broad term that includes fortune telling, precognition, prophesy, and other methods used in an effort to predict the future.

Dowsing - Also known as "water witching", dowsing involves the use of a rod, sticks, or pendulum to locate water or lost objects.

Empathy - The talent to sense the needs, drives, and emotions of another. As with Aura Reading, psychic ability can often reveal itself through the development of empathy.

E.S.P. - Extra Sensory Perception is the awareness of information about events external to the psychic that are not gained through the senses and not deducible from previous experience. Often used to describe clairvoyance, precognition, telepathy, etc...

Intuition - Similar to clairsentience, this is the power or faculty of attaining direct knowledge or cognition without rational thought or inference.

Levitation - The ability to cause one's body to hover off the ground. One of the more well-documented cases of levitation involved St. Theresa of Avila during the 16th century.

Mind Over Body - Suppressing or mentally satisfying the need for water, food, or sleep. There is some debate over whether this is actually a psychic ability since many of those who are associated with this trait (monks, yogis, mystics, etc...) are not generally called "psychics".

Precognition - Quite simply, "knowing the future". However, since time is a dynamic construct, no one psychic can ever know every detail about the future. Usually this ability refers to knowing general outcomes of specific courses of action, with occasional flashes of detailed insight.

Psychometry - Also known as "object reading", psychometry enables a psychic to pick up on psychic impressions (vibrations) left on an object by someone connected with it. Someone with this ability could use an unfamiliar object to reveal much about its owner.

Pyrokinesis - The ability to start fires with one's mind.

Telekinesis - Also known as psychokinesis, the ability to move objects with one's mind.

Telepathy - The ability to communicate mind-to-mind with another.

...what are you? DISCUSS!
reckless-abandon

Clairsentience - In this instance the psychic has an insight or "knowing" of and a hidden or forgotten fact.My friends quite often ask me "How do/did you know that?" and I honestly don't know.

Dowsing - Also known as "water witching", dowsing involves the use of a rod, sticks, or pendulum to locate water or lost objects. I have successfully found water/wells in the foothills of southern co over the last 12 years

Empathy - The talent to sense the needs, drives, and emotions of another. As with Aura Reading, psychic ability can often reveal itself through the development of empathy.I thought this was just because I was a woman with maternal instincts

Intuition - Similar to clairsentience, this is the power or faculty of attaining direct knowledge or cognition without rational thought or inference.I just seem to have a good gut when it comes to making decisions

Mind Over Body - Suppressing or mentally satisfying the need for water, food, or sleep. There is some debate over whether this is actually a psychic ability since many of those who are associated with this trait (monks, yogis, mystics, etc...) are not generally called "psychics".I think this is a trained quality. My fathers fav words "imposed discipline fosters self imposed discipline, I went to catholic grade school, I was in the military, I love remote places in the outdoors, these types of life experiences can really develop this ability

Precognition - Quite simply, "knowing the future". However, since time is a dynamic construct, no one psychic can ever know every detail about the future. Usually this ability refers to knowing general outcomes of specific courses of action, with occasional flashes of detailed insight.Again, my friends constantly asking me "how did you know that? I just did/"
bohocanary

few of those im just learning tho..or just recently discovered
ethtardo

me

«  » by psuedo-judo
me

Major attributes;

Intuition
Autowriting
Precognition
Clairsentience

Secondary/ third party experiences;
ESP
Clairaudiance
telepathy
psychometry
psuedo-judo

Empathy BIG TIME

Precognition, Animal Telepathy

I don't know what else I may be able to accomplish - I was told that I closed this part of myself, I have a large channel for it but I have dammed it for some reason....working to open it.
Nightshade Star

we have all of them, just a matter of that coming to the surface.
EnemyAtLineSix

I find my best one is sending telepathic messages, I can send them across the miles and know it's working b/c I get instantaneous results.
For example, I 'told' the guy I have been seeing today 'you can be replaced!' and he instantly looked hurt.... well, if he's not going to treat me right then I don't need to stick it out....
GeoSpirit

HAHAHAHHA!
its true, anyone can be replaced, but hey, twin flame energy cannot.
i shouldnt really laugh at someone elses behalf of misery since i suffer myself.
EnemyAtLineSix

" wrote:I find my best one is sending telepathic messages, I can send them across the miles and know it's working b/c I get instantaneous results.
For example, I 'told' the guy I have been seeing today 'you can be replaced!' and he instantly looked hurt.... well, if he's not going to treat me right then I don't need to stick it out....

indeed - make sure he treats you right Geo

or shall have to astral travel over and slap some sense into him ;)
Patryc

i can make wind blow stronger. what do you call that?
just-me

blah
Artist

blah
Artist

You forgetting Clairgustance, smell or taste something.
Eriol

I am high developed in:
Clairsentience
Empathy
E.S.P
Intuition
Telepathy
Clairaudience

^ all of those just come natural to me, i dont have to work for them.. I've always been very keen on my instincts and all of the "gifts" above, have stuck with me since i was a small child. I have just come to understand them more as I've gotten older.

I can do these, but not as strongly as the ones above:
Astral Projection
Aura Reading (for some people, i can see theirs, for others i cant)
*~i GlOw 0F iNdIgO~*

Blogs: 19

changing chaos to create the relative future, it's a divine ability of the soul + mind + spirit + brain or something (at least in my opinion). If you can really do that you should be able to do almost anything, with a chaotic system, enough time, and interest.
ive only really tried with wind
just-me

I think I have these attributes:

MAJOR

Automatic Writing - Writing through the subconscious mind without conscious thought, or through the guidance of an outside intelligence.

Mind Over Body - Suppressing or mentally satisfying the need for water, food, or sleep. There is some debate over whether this is actually a psychic ability since many of those who are associated with this trait (monks, yogis, mystics, etc...) are not generally called "psychics".

Clairsentience - In this instance the psychic has an insight or "knowing" of and a hidden or forgotten fact.

Empathy - The talent to sense the needs, drives, and emotions of another. As with Aura Reading, psychic ability can often reveal itself through the development of empathy.

MIDDLE

Clairaudience - Put simply, this type of ability is used to hear what is "inaudible". For example, someone with this ability could be a thousand miles way and "hear" a loved one's cry of distress.

MINOR or just STARTING

Astral Projection - The ability to leave one's body and travel in spirit to another location.

Telepathy - The ability to communicate mind-to-mind with another.

Aura Reading - The ability to see the energy fields that emanate from living beings. Psychic ability can often reveal itself throught the seeing of auras.
serapj

I shit rainbowcolors :D
Elleke

Elleke wrote:I shit rainbowcolors :D

*rolls eyes*
*~i GlOw 0F iNdIgO~*

Blogs: 19

Animal Telepathy
empathy.

Cats always walk towards me no matter where i am, good vibes? heh. as for empathy, big time. whey out-a-control. will work on that.
Natascha

the things i am aware of (though weve probly all used all these at some point without realising it)

empathy
esp
telepathy
astral projection(a little bit)

recently discovered-mind over body-really helpful, dont know how i came on it

its kinda like taking yourself out of yourself- i can feel this power flow through me and i can just go on and on and on and on
weareone