I say no to drugs.
I'm straight edge and I know I don't need them.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
I've seen drugs destroy people, including loved ones.
It just makes things harder for people, rather than being an escape.
Regardless of whatever purpose it serves people, I think the costs outweigh any benefits it could have.
I'd rather live long and be drug free than die young due to tons of drugs.
3 x

In most cases, I disagree with people using drugs. Unless someone has a medical condition and cannot cope with their illness then I think it's acceptable to use prescribed drugs. Anyhow, I still don't think that someone should be on prescribed drugs for the rest of their lives. If there is a more holistic approach for the patient sometime down the road, then that would be a better alternative in my opinion. Many drugs have bad side effects. I disagree when people take drugs because they are going through a tough time. There are other ways to cope besides using drugs. There's always exercising, yoga, therapy, meditation, drinking herbal teas etc. Usually when people take drugs it's because they're stressed, lazy, angry, or depressed. Many people can have these emotions on a daily basis and drugs is not the solution to your problems. There's not only the possibility that they affect their own psychological health but may put others in danger, which to me is selfish. Also, drugs can lead to violence. Gangs and drug selling is not necessary.
3 x

yoga and meditation can also have their drawback, and are not always that efficient either, and all yoga or meditation teacher are not either that competent with psychology/psychiatry or dealing with medical condition, drinking herbal tea is not very efficient either lol

even exercize can't solve everything either, if you look in the army, there are many case where drug use became common , like in vietnam with heroin, or even amphetamins, to deal with the lot of stress and trauma, and hard living condition, and it's not by lack of exercize or lack of activity, or physical activity either lol

it's not like there is often much other practical solution than drugs, if you include any psychotrope prescription or not, in the same lot of using drugs to deal with a condition, it's still more often the most practical way to deal with a condition, and remaining functional even with some condition, either it's temporary condition, or long term or life time thing, if a person has epilespy or some kind of bipolar or shcizophrenia, it's not drinking herbal tea or doing yoga that will do much for it, and it's more or less life time condition, and drug can be still the best option to keep them functional

therapy ok, but even taking some kind of drug is often part of therapy, there are people who are not in even good state enough to be able to really meditate or doing yoga efficiently, even if doctors or psy tend to say all the automatic reaction to deal with depression or other problems, like either staying in front of tv, video game, internet, or even some form of spirituality, yoga or meditation, is not all that great either, and can just keep people in a sort of lethargic state, but in the same time maybe also remaining lethargic and at rest can also be what can help to recharge and restabilize, and drugs can help with that as well, to calm the mind, and being relaxed, and it can also be helpful as a first step to be even able to follow useful therapy or yoga in a second time

many things can lead to violence as well, and really a insignificant fraction of drug user are even remotly affiliated with any sort of gang or violence, actually even if you equate good health with physical activity, many top level athlete use some kind of ampethamin and reach the best sportive performance, and are very active physically as well, same with the army to a degree, and even if it can impact psychological state, having side effect or something, sometime even the side effects are still better than nothing at all, and drinking tea and meditating is not going to help much in many case as well, exercize can always be a good thing, but same if you get too addicted to strenous sport, it can also be very bad for health on the long term, but i also believe having a body in good health is also condition to have good mental health, both go hand in hand, but only exercice yoga meditation or exercize or drinking tea can't solve just any problem either
3 x

I've been on many different psychoactive drugs (for anxiety, depression, OCD, and PTSD) and sometimes they just make the problem worse rather than better.
Even drugs for other medical conditions can make things worse rather than better.
I agree with you guys that hollistical means of healing are better than using prescriptions for different conditions.
3 x

hollistic thing is not always possible, when people are in bad environment, there is not always easy mean to improve their environment either, and hollistic medicine also have limit in efficiency, it would of course be better if no one was ever angry depressed living in a perfectly good hollistic environment, and would never need any kind of drug, but unfortunatly it's not always the case, but yes always better to avoid doing drug when there are other practical solution, but sometime there is not much other solutions either
3 x

[QUOTE=joeydicarlo;1065973]Around last year, when I had realized that I had psychic abilities I was actually battling depression. I had been in a committed relationship with someone that I'd really cared about more than anything I'd ever come across, and he didn't feel the same way and when he went away to college he'd decided to break up. I'd had a really hard time after that just really being upset about that whole thing, (it almost felt like to me- kind of the same feeling you have when someone dies) just so much pain. I'd been attending a few parties with my friends now and then and would drink with them, I'd smoked a few times but didn't really like it. 2 months after we broke up I'd moved and I decided to just stop drinking alcohol, I don't like it much anyway, and so I gave pot another try.

My mother has drank alcohol her whole life when she goes through stressful times, nothing bad came out of it but she would drink and then cry about her problems. I'd seen the way she was when she had drank and gotten sad, it was more intense and just overbearing and it felt so negative. I never agreed with using alcohol when upset or sad, because it honestly intensified me. After all, it is a depressant. So I'd started smoking more. When I'd done it more often I found that instead of intensifying my feelings and making me want to just sob away, it made me think more. For many people, this can be a bad thing. People can over think situations, or they may get anxiety, but I took this a different way.. I studied the differences between alcohol and pot and how it made me feel, and there were significant differences part of the fact of being calmer and more relaxed instead of (idk how to describe it) just kind of like random intense emotions with booze. I just adapted to how my mind worked in a totally different fashion.

Drugs are actually poison, even marijuana I'm pretty sure when smoked, and the reason you actually get the "high" you're experiencing is because your body has instead of focusing on sight sound and surroundings has shifted its focus on getting this chemical out of your system. What was unique about this was that instead of (literally) my surroundings I'd been able to focus on myself and my own feelings. ............. I'd used this to come out of my depression, using it and the time I had where I was just thinking about this situation I'd just accepted it for what it was and eventually moved on. During this time I had spent a great deal of my time learning about the spiritual planes, energies, and working on opening my chakras, mainly my crown. I'd become mentally strong. With having focused on my emotions and what I was feeling, and how just overall negative it was being the situation, I had been over to overcome it. Pot had really helped me. When they call this the gateway drug, yes, some people may crave something more than this- which is their choice- but I think when they say gateway they mean something about just opening your mind to what's out there. It just makes you think- really question yourself and everything around you, opening your mind to new things. It's quite unique.

Opinions on Marijuana?

Now I've also started some research about psychedelics, as I was having a conversation with my cousin that he brought up about it. He'd said that there was this drug out there called "DMT" which was a drug that people would be told the meaning of life, and wake up forgetting what it was. Now, with some research I found that the experiences others actually had were different- but all similar. All of them had reported just feeling like they had been lifted, out of nowhere first seeing numerous infinite geographical patterns all over and around them. After this a few beings of which some describe as metalloid beings or humanoid beings are doing a tribal dance around them. Most have mildly different endings, and those who do this again for a second time just go up and continue what they had been doing the last time they were there. And then all report being a changed person afterwards, for the better.

[FONT=arial]https://ewwty.com/2012/02/24/dimethyltryptamine-dmt-experience/ read this article about it. It's very intriguing.

What's your opinions on this?

Imagine everyone in the world doing it even just once, how different and more positive and good of a place Earth could be. [/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

My experience with marijuana for me almost paused the progressive aspect of living. I believe that everyone needs to pause as much as they do evolve through life. There have been times in my life where everything was so overwhelming, where grass - I felt - helped me considerably to find a balanced state of reflection to make the best decisions. There have also been times in my youth where opportunities passed me by as a result.
3 x

[QUOTE=Three14;1066601]My experience with marijuana for me almost paused the progressive aspect of living. I believe that everyone needs to pause as much as they do evolve through life. There have been times in my life where everything was so overwhelming, where grass - I felt - helped me considerably to find a balanced state of reflection to make the best decisions. There have also been times in my youth where opportunities passed me by as a result.[/QUOTE]

This is a very strong point here. I agree with the fact that sometimes pausing is an important thing many people go through, where once they've reached a certain point in their life there is a period of which that person can reflect on what they've done and what they've gone through, allowing themselves to see and reflect on what has happened so far.
3 x

I think the other part of all this though is dependency and if you are dependent on something, is it better for it to be something readily available (like meditation) or something you have to go buy on a street corner?
3 x

I think drug propaganda over the years has fogged peoples vision on drugs, even some of us here it's hard to look at it with an open mind because of know bad experiences aswell. Yet one of the most toxic and easy to overdose on drug Alcohol is looked at from a different perspective. Check out these sites for accurate information and a more realistic view on drugs:

[url="https://www.erowid.org"]www.erowid.org[/url]
[url="https://www.drugs-forum.com"]www.drugs-forum.com[/url]
[url="https://www.bluelight.ru/vb/"]www.bluelight.ru/vb/[/url]

It's just another thing that can either be used responsibly or not, it's not drugs i feel strong for it's the logic. But a love starved society is more prone to addiction

Marijuana is a healer for many, when i'm stoned my ego suffers and cannot stay afloat so I actually don't use it much and wish I used it more because it allows me to see things clearer, and my other bad habits are noticed and a much higher vibrancy and depth of thought, but some people find it addictive though that's just my response to it

If you lack self control it likely could be best not to in the condition society is in now though

I'm guessing many of you are likely against an open minded view on drugs because of Doreen virtues experience right? when she was young she was a pretty girl who dated dipshit guys who she had a negative experience with and because one of the things they used was marijuana that must of been the problem. but not the negative guys she was with? Negative energies and negative thoughts and actions are a downfall in the end a material item cannot be blamed for anything in the end.. right?

EDIT: By dipshit guys I mean negative guys who frequently pick up chicks, use one until she's no longer use-able(she finally draws a line and stops letting herself be used and realizes he's not what she looked up at him to be) then he moves on to a new girl who will look at him in a new light, than he does the same thing again, I've seen this everywhere happen all the time with good girls, what's more surprising is how long some girls are willing to be used. some girls throw huge parts of their life away and it can take a long time for them to realize it. I know how it feels like to fall in love and how hard it can be to let go though, but being a guy the situation was different so the risks were different, not as bad in many ways.

But after the girl finally gets over him after sometimes several years, do we blame love? do we say "better off to just say no to love"? no, because the real problem is more in depth than that and has to do with self control. It takes research and learning about how drugs work and how addictions work in detail before you can really understand the psychology of drugs and other things.

EDITagain: In this thread I sense an ego coming off abit people and condescension to those who use or have used. In my experience in the past the people friends I hung out with who got in groups and smoked weed together were the funniest, friendliest, open-minded people. People who consider themselves Straight or whatever it may be and have never touched are often more prone to societies egotism and become at least a little high on themselves by using societies condesendence to many things among many = "drug users" to view them self higher than friends or other people who use. Before i tried marijuana(this was way back when I was 17) I looked down at people who smoked weed only to realize later in life that I was the lower one. I analyze things very deeply ;)
3 x

People, do NOT do marijuana. The drug cartels are controlled by the elite! I am sure by now they have GMO'd marijuana and laced it with negative energies, look at all the flavors you can get!

We should not RELY on a plant to guide us.

Well, we say that marijuana is a "plant and is from mother earth".. but OIL resources are also deep with in the earth and it get's us into a lot of shit environmentally.

Personally, I've done marijuana and during my highs, my karma was as negative as it can be.

So what I am saying is that the earth gives us resources of both sides of energies and we have that CHOICE.. but currently the d-elite are not giving us much of it.
3 x

A wise man once said "it's not what u put in ur mouth that defiles u ,it's what comes out of ur mouth that defiles u" my thoughts lol
3 x

Re: What's your opinion on drugs?

joeydicarlo wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 pm
Around last year, when I had realized that I had psychic abilities I was actually battling depression. I had been in a committed relationship with someone that I'd really cared about more than anything I'd ever come across, and he didn't feel the same way and when he went away to college he'd decided to break up. I'd had a really hard time after that just really being upset about that whole thing, (it almost felt like to me- kind of the same feeling you have when someone dies) just so much pain. I'd been attending a few parties with my friends now and then and would drink with them, I'd smoked a few times but didn't really like it. 2 months after we broke up I'd moved and I decided to just stop drinking alcohol, I don't like it much anyway, and so I gave pot another try.

My mother has drank alcohol her whole life when she goes through stressful times, nothing bad came out of it but she would drink and then cry about her problems. I'd seen the way she was when she had drank and gotten sad, it was more intense and just overbearing and it felt so negative. I never agreed with using alcohol when upset or sad, because it honestly intensified me. After all, it is a depressant. So I'd started smoking more. When I'd done it more often I found that instead of intensifying my feelings and making me want to just sob away, it made me think more. For many people, this can be a bad thing. People can over think situations, or they may get anxiety, but I took this a different way.. I studied the differences between alcohol and pot and how it made me feel, and there were significant differences part of the fact of being calmer and more relaxed instead of (idk how to describe it) just kind of like random intense emotions with booze. I just adapted to how my mind worked in a totally different fashion.

Drugs are actually poison, even marijuana I'm pretty sure when smoked, and the reason you actually get the "high" you're experiencing is because your body has instead of focusing on sight sound and surroundings has shifted its focus on getting this chemical out of your system. What was unique about this was that instead of (literally) my surroundings I'd been able to focus on myself and my own feelings. ............. I'd used this to come out of my depression, using it and the time I had where I was just thinking about this situation I'd just accepted it for what it was and eventually moved on. During this time I had spent a great deal of my time learning about the spiritual planes, energies, and working on opening my chakras, mainly my crown. I'd become mentally strong. With having focused on my emotions and what I was feeling, and how just overall negative it was being the situation, I had been over to overcome it. Pot had really helped me. When they call this the gateway drug, yes, some people may crave something more than this- which is their choice- but I think when they say gateway they mean something about just opening your mind to what's out there. It just makes you think- really question yourself and everything around you, opening your mind to new things. It's quite unique.

Opinions on Marijuana?

Now I've also started some research about psychedelics, as I was having a conversation with my cousin that he brought up about it. He'd said that there was this drug out there called "DMT" which was a drug that people would be told the meaning of life, and wake up forgetting what it was. Now, with some research I found that the experiences others actually had were different- but all similar. All of them had reported just feeling like they had been lifted, out of nowhere first seeing numerous infinite geographical patterns all over and around them. After this a few beings of which some describe as metalloid beings or humanoid beings are doing a tribal dance around them. Most have mildly different endings, and those who do this again for a second time just go up and continue what they had been doing the last time they were there. And then all report being a changed person afterwards, for the better.

read this article about it. It's very intriguing.

What's your opinions on this?

Imagine everyone in the world doing it even just once, how different and more positive and good of a place Earth could be. [/FONT][/color]
I have always had a lot of interest in drugs and have always been open to try them. Some more chemical heavy drugs, soft and natural drugs like marihuana and also psychedelics which are my favorite. I try to stay away from heavy chemical drugs because I am well aware of their dangers, but still, im open to try them very sporadically, from time to time. I am a regular pot smoker and then I also like to take psychedelic trips every few weeks or every few months. I cannot tolerate alcohol too well, but soft drinks are fine. And I never smoke tobacco.

My opinion on drugs is that they can be both good and bad. The problem is not drugs, but the drug abuse. Trying drugs from time to time in order to enhance some life experiences is great. Trying drugs sometimes in order to expand the mind and explore it is amazing. Drugs shape the mind and show very different perspectives and feelings. They get you curious about experimenting with these things. I am very open to the use of drugs. However, I think they should be used with care. Marihuana can be a softer drug and still I have seen how much it had affected my life on many different levels, both positively and negatively. So with harder drugs, the addiction can be a bigger issue since they do affect life in many ways, at least when done periodically.

However, there is enormous value that one can get from them. Specially spiritual insight and experiences that would take decades or maybe lifetimes to develop naturally.
Sometimes what they show us is harsh, but the insight and value we get makes up for it. Also they are super beautiful and fun experiences. I love these things.

But as all, moderation is the key, both to maintain the good effects and to stay healthy and get the benefits from them without going on a destructive path of addiction.

The tricky part is to achieve this balance with these substances. Sometimes they cover issues, sometimes they reveal them, but its not always easy to control and moderate the use of them.

I have never tried DMT but im looking forward to it. I go slowly with these substances, I am learning how to reach the healthy balance with them and to use them to develop and enhance my life in general.

I would stay away mainly from hard chemical drugs and go more for the psychedelic and natural ones. But thats just me.
3 x