Ancient Cultures Psychedelic Experimentation

It is said and believed that most ancient cultures in the world used natural psychedelic substances in order to access and perceive the spiritual realm vividly.

I deeply believe in this at least.

I believe that most if not all ancient shamanic cultures, specially native americans, used different plans, mushrooms and substances found in nature to alter their consciousness, connect to nature and to the Divine, communicate with spirits, and also for spiritual and mental healing purposes.

Most indigenous cultures claim to have communicated with Earth, with the trees and the plants, with animal spirits and the Divine.
For example: In most Latin America and in many different parts of the world, people are giving and attending to Yagé ceremonies (Ayahuasca). This indigenous ritual has become very popular these days. However, what is curious about this is that native indigenous claim that "the trees in the Amazon told them which plants and substances to combine in order to make the magic and healing brew". Native indigenous also had deep knowledge about plants properties, specially for healing. Many cultures claim that they got their knowledge straight from Nature.

These kinds of perceptions and knowledge suggest to me that they had been under altered states of consciousness / trance on several occasions in order to perceive in this state and level of depth.

We know they were friends with the Nature and used to know it well. I believe they got their psychedelic substances straight from Nature and developed their spiritual insight and culture based on such experiences.

Nature is full of medicine of different kinds. Both psychedelic / psychoactive and non psychoactive. We have explored these substances too little and ignore that for instance, there are plans which were used for astral travel, for divination, for healing and also plants which take you effortlessly to other dimensions and realms. Nature is full of mysticism and magic in my opinion and I believe that ancient cultures were well aware of this.

I believe that psychedelic substances have had and still have a great impact in human consciousness evolution and they have triggered it through our history.

Of course, take everything with skepticism and make your own conclusions. I may be wrong of course: But this is something that I deeply resonate with, and deeply believe in, which I wanted to share.
4 x

Re: Ancient Cultures Psychedelic Experimentation

interesting subject. Wish i could explore it more fully in the first person... again. Every once in a while i pull out my collection and get contact high, just handling certain things is enough for me now.
Tried micro-dosing psylocybe for depression. i wont be trying that again, 3 weeks later i was a wreck looking for a reason to be more wrecked haha.

The best psychedelic observation i made was when my flock of sheep got into the morning glory patch. They held a full on lsd sit in right out of the 60's. It was amazing to watch. Afterwards they were so much more communicative, smarter.
i always wondered if it was psychedelics that bump started human intelligence from mindless grazing to thoughtful actions.

Today i am firmly convinced that everyone's state of mind is subject to chemistry. Mental processes can be switched on or off, amplified, distorted, repressed, or even erased altogether with the application of specific substances.
2 x