Childhood Traumas and Their Effects in Today´s Adults

I want to share a little bit of my inner perspective regarding this.
I want to make it clear first that these are my inner beliefs and perceptions and that I respect yours, even if they contradict somehow what I am writing in here. I am open and interested in reading different ideas and perspectives on any situation.

I believe that most of our difficulties in life come from early traumatic experiences which are left unresolved somehow and which secretly haunt us for years; sometimes even for lifetimes...

When we are young children, we are like an open book. We are children which means that we carry high levels of curiosity, openness and appreciation for all what surrounds us.
We are also somehow naive and innocent as children. We are so easily programmable, both for good and for bad.

As children, we have such an easy time to learn new things, anything we want. We have the curiosity, the open mind, the energy for it. However, at the same time, our mind is prone to being programmed in any way.

When a child has been raised within a mature, loving and healthy family and environment, we see healthy individuals as adults. Adults who carry a positive perception of themselves, other people and the world. This also facilitates their positive energy flow and so, an easier or less complicated lifestyle in general.

When we people who seem to constantly struggle in life, people who irradiate a lack of self love, or interior emptiness, are usually people who have had a traumatic childhood experience. When I say traumatic, I do not mean necessarily a life full of supreme tragedies. What I mean is more about different life experiences which leave a subconscious mark in the child. Or in other words: Experiences that do not go away with time. Their energetic print stays with us and may cause us all sorts of blocks in our life.

This process is of course personal to everyone. And 2 people may go through same or similar experiences and develop very different mental responses towards such situations.

But why would a child react emotionally to certain experiences while other experiences which may be on the same level of difficulty are easily overcome by this child? Why is one person triggered by some specific experiences while being "immune" to others?

I have my personal belie regarding this:

I believe the reason is behind our evolutionary process and history... On a Soul level. We were born so many times before this lifetime. We carry a deep and complex history and energetic imprint even when we are babies or children; but which begun way, way before. It has been discovered that babies are not born with a fresh and empty consciousness as it has been thought. Children are also old souls who carry deep old wounds and all sorts of life experiences. The idea that a child is a fresh canvas for the parents to build and shape on, is a bit wrong in my opinion. Children bring their own karmic history, life purpose, identity and personality; many times very different from parents expectations.
I believe that the experiences which trigger us deeply and which generate mental traumas (limiting ideas and thought patterns) in us, are those experiences that happen to us, usually early in our life, which resonate with very similar past experiences that we had; in other lives.

The reason why I believe we go through them again during our childhood or youth is evolution. Every time we repeat the same experiences which have left a mark in us, we have the opportunity to shift our perception and emotional baggage around it. This results in healing and growth which is evolution.

Inner healing is to let go of these old wounds and blocks which keep us under a state of lack of freedom and unhappiness. Feelings and ideas of not being good enough, not being capable or powerful, being guilty or non-deserving are example of common karmic blocks / thought patterns that may be healed through mind reprogramming in order to move on to a happier and free lifestyle.

These are just my beliefs and ideas which I like to share. You are of course always free to disagree.

Re: Childhood Traumas and Their Effects in Today´s Adults

Hello.

Leading back core wounds and the struggles resulting out of them even back to previous lifes, is an interesting theory.

If assuming that we're getting confronted with life lessons repeatedly, when we weren't able to accomplish them before, seems to make sense somehow.
At least when believing in souls and multiple lives each soul has to underwent, it is assumable that some unlearned lessons we could carry with us from life to life.
Till we are finally facing and resolving it.
Sounds reasonable to me at least.
That's why i am strongly convinced of taking challenges and facing fears for personal growth.
Otherwise we are standing still in personal growth, not making any big progress.
On the other hand there is a certain limit of new awareness and wisdom to each soul in eachs life.

Nevertheless, interesting topic.

Greetings
Crack with a bown.

Very Nice!
I couldn't be asked to disagree to disagree more. Thank you.

i will add though, your words sparked a moment of clear viewing for me also.
Last year I was able to view the beginning of Soul consciousness dividing itself in order to know itself in the reflections of itself, which are ourselves and everything else in existence.

i see now how one of those facets of Soul experiencing our world could have learned to influence the building blocks of physical life, further dividing itself into more and more reflections of itself that experience the physical form of life.

A single cell individual learns to harmonize with soul again by experiencing it's life (becomes enlightened), taking and giving the way every creature does, in doing so soul consciousness expands and evolves to eventually incarnate as more complex patterns of conscious awareness.

The first lessons of prey meeting ruthless predator, I can totally see how this leaves a mark on the soul frequency, and changes how our bodies become expressed in our offspring. I can see it almost like harmonic chords becoming more and more complex with the passing and rebirth of each generation.

I wonder if this goes as far as to change our perceptual realities. At one time I think most people could be certain that others around them were experiencing the same feelings and similar thoughts, but with these traumas, programming and individualized reactions i dont think anyone can ever be certain without direct and specific communication. i have experienced the terror of knowing the true meaning of another man's words while others present are enthralled with adoration. And perhaps a similar divergence of perceptual connection with when a person meets the love of their life and finds out there is childhood trauma preventing the natural/programmed flow of the relationship... and first dates that end horribly for no apparent reason after one person is triggered by something otherwise normal to others. One person in love and the other frightened of harm no matter what is said or done to express love.

Resentments do hold people down, it's a cruel cycle of shame and shamelessness. If we allow ourselves to be preyed upon we feel shame for being the prey when it is the predator acting shameless, we in turn act shamelessly and doing so take on the shame of the predator as our own until we accept responsibility for our own actions and allow others their own freedom too.

When i got that stuff sorted out then i was able to start breaking negative cycles of behaviour. i'm not perfect (bahahaha) I still get frustrated angry and feel sorry for myself, but I know the mane problem is my pride getting in the way of me being a lion... stubborn and stuff like that,
:boat
i am like a particle floating on a wave traveling across a sea of awareness, looking within, i am everywhere, looking outward i see everything where ever i look. I am the Captain of my own experience, It has always been this way.

Shaj wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:56 pm
Hello.

Leading back core wounds and the struggles resulting out of them even back to previous lifes, is an interesting theory.

If assuming that we're getting confronted with life lessons repeatedly, when we weren't able to accomplish them before, seems to make sense somehow.
At least when believing in souls and multiple lives each soul has to underwent, it is assumable that some unlearned lessons we could carry with us from life to life.
Till we are finally facing and resolving it.
Sounds reasonable to me at least.
That's why i am strongly convinced of taking challenges and facing fears for personal growth.
Otherwise we are standing still in personal growth, not making any big progress.
On the other hand there is a certain limit of new awareness and wisdom to each soul in eachs life.

Nevertheless, interesting topic.

Greetings
I think you are very right.

Also, some souls seem to chose to go through a lot of evolution in one life. For this reason, I think these souls pick challenging life circumstances which will force that growth on the individual. Usually old souls chose this; as the effort, wisdom and strength needed to overcome the intensity of the lessons are necessary. Apparently the rewards are completely worth for this life and for the rest; for the whole Soul.

I believe we chose or fit into our life, person and circumstances based on the energetic imprint we are in our Soul.

I have knowledge of one previous life of mine. Very different times in history, different countries and continents... Still, similar life events somehow and very similar emotions. Also, talents that are related to that life. They also stay with us apparently.

Dragonsigh wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:26 pm
Very Nice!
I couldn't be asked to disagree to disagree more. Thank you.

i will add though, your words sparked a moment of clear viewing for me also.
Last year I was able to view the beginning of Soul consciousness dividing itself in order to know itself in the reflections of itself, which are ourselves and everything else in existence.

i see now how one of those facets of Soul experiencing our world could have learned to influence the building blocks of physical life, further dividing itself into more and more reflections of itself that experience the physical form of life.

A single cell individual learns to harmonize with soul again by experiencing it's life (becomes enlightened), taking and giving the way every creature does, in doing so soul consciousness expands and evolves to eventually incarnate as more complex patterns of conscious awareness.

The first lessons of prey meeting ruthless predator, I can totally see how this leaves a mark on the soul frequency, and changes how our bodies become expressed in our offspring. I can see it almost like harmonic chords becoming more and more complex with the passing and rebirth of each generation.

I wonder if this goes as far as to change our perceptual realities. At one time I think most people could be certain that others around them were experiencing the same feelings and similar thoughts, but with these traumas, programming and individualized reactions i dont think anyone can ever be certain without direct and specific communication. i have experienced the terror of knowing the true meaning of another man's words while others present are enthralled with adoration. And perhaps a similar divergence of perceptual connection with when a person meets the love of their life and finds out there is childhood trauma preventing the natural/programmed flow of the relationship... and first dates that end horribly for no apparent reason after one person is triggered by something otherwise normal to others. One person in love and the other frightened of harm no matter what is said or done to express love.

Resentments do hold people down, it's a cruel cycle of shame and shamelessness. If we allow ourselves to be preyed upon we feel shame for being the prey when it is the predator acting shameless, we in turn act shamelessly and doing so take on the shame of the predator as our own until we accept responsibility for our own actions and allow others their own freedom too.

When i got that stuff sorted out then i was able to start breaking negative cycles of behaviour. i'm not perfect (bahahaha) I still get frustrated angry and feel sorry for myself, but I know the mane problem is my pride getting in the way of me being a lion... stubborn and stuff like that,
I fully agree with everything you have said in here. I dont have much to add really.
Our perceptions are usually individual. I guess some perceptions are collective too; this would allow the world to exist. But we usually perceive our life on an individual level, based on our mental programming. It is usually not about the other person, about what the other said. It is usually about how it affected us and how we reacted to whatever situation. This is directly affected by our mental programming. We base our perceptions on past experiences and memories. Animals do this too. So because of this, a trauma or an unresolved mark, will have an affect on our life. A powerful effect. However, we can consciously reprogram ourselves.

Lee Bladon's second book Awakening To Wholeness goes into great deal about these childhood traumas and how to dissolve them and why one might act/behave like one does. A Spiritual author so not some lame psychology like: "you only live once and all your thoughts are secretions from the brain"... ;)

https://esotericscience.org/book2.htm it's online for free but one should really buy it, full of good stuff.

His first book Science of Spirituality is a great introduction to esoterics (the knowledge of reality)
That book is heavily influenced by the writings of Henry T Laurency and Theosophy. :)

Return to “Depression and Mental Disorders”