Spirit lingering....

Hi all. I need advice.

Not to put too fine of a point on it, in life, my father was a Bad Man. He died last August, and I feel his negative presence lingering. I made a point after he passed not to give him any energy, to send his energy back to where it came from, to ask the Universe to help him pass gracefully and lovingly to the next level. I truly felt for a little while that his spirit was gone.

However, soon after, bad things started happening at home and for the last 6 months it has been one bad thing after another. Financial problems, weather problems, new and ongoing health issues, familial stress, job stress, it's consistently getting worse. We're physically and emotionally exhausted.

My mom recently got very sick and had to have major surgery.. she is thankfully recovering well but even the Catholic priest the hospital sent to pray over her commented on my father's presence -- no one even mentioned him so that was unexpected.

I have his ashes here at home because no one else in the family wanted them and now I don't know what to do with them, but I have to get them out of the house.

What's the best way of doing this without any disruption? Should I do some kind of cord cutting after I get rid of them? Sage? I just don't know. I know a big problem is that even if I try to get rid of this energy permeating, I feel like my mother, who was terrorized by this man for 40 years, will invite it back. She blames every bad thing on him and I know she needs to let him go as much as I do. That's an obstacle for another day, though. For now I just need to figure out what to do with these stupid ashes and how to fix whatever trouble he caused, despite all my best efforts.

Re: Spirit lingering....

Hello.
I would try getting rid of the ashes and of all his possessions. Maybe bury them far away from home or burn them with the intention of letting go and purifying the energy. I would try cleansing the space with sage, white and violet candles around the house, previously programmed to heal the energy. If his presence is still too strong, then I would ask for help and protection from spirit guides.

It is possible that your mother may invite him back if she is still carrying the energetic burden of his presence in her life. This is a bit tough and would require mental / emotional healing work.

The way I see it is like this: If he couldnt get to the light and is still attached to this physical plane and more specifically to your lives, its because his energy frequency somehow resonates with your energy and the energy of the space. I imagine it is all charged with the dramas and emotions and such. Also this energy could be stuck in the mind, which could allow him to keep messing with you.

The idea to get rid of this negative presence could be to raise the energy frequency of the space and of you guys to new levels where he cannot reach or get attached to, because of his own heaviness.

I would focus on how I want to live and go for it. I would work on healing my inner negative or low states and on increasing my energy levels until I cannot be bothered anymore.

Return to “Personal Advice”