Where is the balance of cerebral and spiritual?

So, I've been away from here for a long while, but I've come back because, I'm not really sure. I think I'm trying to find that sense of wonder I once had, to try to find a balance between the cerebral and the spiritual. I've been in school, studying psychology (which I love with a severe passion), but psychology, in most cases, is so very cerebral, it lacks the same wonder that spirituality has. I want to find a balance between these. How can one follow psychology, what it teaches, what it says about the minds of people, but hold onto the wonder of the spirit, of the world, of our potential beyond the known capacities of the brain and mind? So, a lot of Indigo individuals say they have things like psychic abilities, how can one believe that these are possible, but also understand how psychology says the brain works and how our behaviors influence the way we think and interact. Some of this psychic stuff seems contradictory to psychology, or explained by some things that psychology discusses (things that may seem more rational), and I've been trying to figure it out for years now, I really want to know and understand this. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I really am just trying to find the balance between the capacities of the brain/mind, as described in psychology, and the spiritual self, one that may be psychic or such. Thoughts?

Sorry if this didn't make too much sense, typed this up at 2 in the morning.
3 x

Have you ever heard of somnambulant hypnotherapy? It's a form of regression therapy developed by Dolores Cannon. She chronicled her career in the Convoluted Universe books. It is deeply spiritual, as she talks to the personalities of past lives and their higher consciousness that directs life-dispensation to learn and to heal and to evolve. Unfortunately Mrs. Cannon passed on last October, but she has students around the world that are carrying on her methods. You can probably find a group for training by searching the internet, if it interests you.

Convoluted Universe is a must read for Indigos. The insights are profound and life changing. Seriously, if you and the other members of this forum believe nothing else I say, this is important. My words are foolish and insignificant to the objective scientific methods of Dolores Cannon.
3 x

Re: Where is the balance of cerebral and spiritual?

now this thread is worth developing. a great topic and worthy of everyone's time to check out and post an opinion on.

how to connect the spiritual and cerebral? where is the bridge that means you can be having a conversation with someone and be traveling outside at the same time; in more than one other dimension?
2 x
FORGET WHAT YOU WANT?
GET RID OF WHAT YOU NEED.
FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
WORKS FOR ALL TREES

There is still a lot of research going on right now regarding this. Human is trying to reach this particular state. How to combine all different knowledge and perspectives in order to find the truth. The truth that holds all different truths into one. The problem is that some concepts are still very abstract for a real comprehension.

In my opinion, everyone knows there are 2 sides of the brain. One that connects us o logic and the other one with creativity. When we function with both sides of our brain we are able to find consistency and that everything can be complementary. Who knows, maybe the illusion is to function with only one side of the brain while ignoring all the wisdom of the other one as it limits our perspective.

I can only tell you where I find this line where spirit reaches psychology: Psychology studies human emotions, thoughts and reactions of individuals, based on a more scientific approach. Spirituality reaches exactly the same but from its own perspective. Spirituality reaches the energy and creation generated from those human emotions, thoughts and reactions. Spirituality creates and manifests. Psychology is a layer study of the mind and consciousness work. Its a scientific, measured approach. Which is completely acceptable as it does not interfere with spirituality in any possible way. Its just one perspective of it.

This reminds me of a friend who got a bit shocked when I spoke to him about reincarnation and previous lives. He said: You really believe in past lives?? So you dont believe in the theory of evolution?? And I was like: Why do they need to be separate? They are the same thing. Reincarnation IS evolution on a physical, mental and spiritual level. This does not interfere with science in any way different than the terms in which it is exposed.
2 x

maybe its better to ask how we will reincarnate.
l learnt to move outside. reading the energies of postees here helped. these vibrations helped to form patterns that opened to new directions that took me through doors outside.
makes me more curious to learn more.
is there a better word for this than 'spiritual' ?....

not wishing to insult its natural integrity, but, it doesnt quite describe what l am trying to portray when l say 'spiritual'. l must look for a more accurate word.
2 x
FORGET WHAT YOU WANT?
GET RID OF WHAT YOU NEED.
FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
WORKS FOR ALL TREES

Originally in early psychology, there was not that much all these barrier between psychology and 'psychic' etc. Jung was all into this, and the whole concept of 'psychic energy' is at the root of all psychology since freud, and need to remember freud also came from phrenology, hypnosis, and he was bathed also in the whole esoteric / theosophist motion of his time, much like jung, and they are the two father of psychology.

After it's clear there has been motion in the line of more newtonian view of casualty that bind psychology to a casualty chain, especially to explain impact of trauma on the psyche, and it can suffocate a bit the creative aspect of the psyche too.

Originally in greek sense, there is not much difference between psyche and spirit. From what i got, the psyche was the greek term for the egyptian spirit, but they seperated the meaning in greek because their concept differed from the egyptian system of KA / BA etc In this context the psyche is really the seed of the christian concept of spirit or the closer that can be found in this period.

Studying the mechanics of the mind is also the goal of budhism, and the daila lama make very interesting comment on the junction of psychology/science and spirituality in cognitive science, especially related to cognitive therapy (CBT).

https://www.dalailama.com/news/post/104- ... -the-brain

How Thinking Can Change the Brain

The Dalai Lama, who had watched a brain operation during a visit to an American medical school over a decade earlier, asked the surgeons a startling question: Can the mind shape brain matter?

Over the years, he said, neuroscientists had explained to him that mental experiences reflect chemical and electrical changes in the brain. When electrical impulses zip through our visual cortex, for instance, we see; when neurochemicals course through the limbic system we feel.

But something had always bothered him about this explanation, the Dalai Lama said. Could it work the other way around? That is, in addition to the brain giving rise to thoughts and hopes and beliefs and emotions that add up to this thing we call the mind, maybe the mind also acts back on the brain to cause physical changes in the very matter that created it. If so, then pure thought would change the brain's activity, its circuits or even its structure.

The kind of change the Dalai Lama asked about was different. It would come from inside. Something as intangible and insubstantial as a thought would rewire the brain. To the mandarins of neuroscience, the very idea seemed as likely as the wings of a butterfly leaving a dent on an armored tank.

0 x

planetzarg wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:11 pm
maybe its better to ask how we will reincarnate.
l learnt to move outside. reading the energies of postees here helped. these vibrations helped to form patterns that opened to new directions that took me through doors outside.
makes me more curious to learn more.
is there a better word for this than 'spiritual' ?....

not wishing to insult its natural integrity, but, it doesnt quite describe what l am trying to portray when l say 'spiritual'. l must look for a more accurate word.
Would the word "mystical" work better for you?
1 x

Science is like the way we, as a race, manifests the urge to find out the truth about the world, while spirituality is like the wish to "see deeper", I think we really like spirituality more because the brain loves to see patterns, so spirituality is like a free-for-all brainstorm of recognizing and putting together patterns with eachother within our consciousness-playground, and science is mostly based on empirical evidence, or, the physical world. And ofcourse then there's math!
Math is like the ultimate truth... at least I hope it is! :)
4 x

I Spirit 3 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:28 pm
hample wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:59 pm
The physical world is spiritual in the highest sense of the word. It is just so. Maybe try to see it with your own perspective while understanding it the way of science at the same time. It has to make sense to you as well!
I agree completely. I actually wrote about this on my personal blog few weeks ago. I think im going to share the link here:

I do not see the difference between science and spirituality. The only difference I find is that they are both different languages trying to explain existence.
nice blog!
4 x

This issue has been a struggle of mine over the last, about 12 years. My work forces me to be an intellectual. The marriage of intellectualism and spirituality is a tough one. So hard to enforce one while enacting the other.

I don't believe that there is any form or function, rule or regulation that we can't do them both - but allowing yourself to be truly an intellectual seems to exclude being spiritual.

I will continue to work through this - but as of now, I've yet to find a balance.

<3
4 x

I made my intellect a friend to me
But my heart wouldn't accept the advice he gave;
The heart has a big sack it carries with it
When I stuffed the world in, it didn't fill it.

We are obliged to accept another's greeting--
This pen made of luminosity said: Write!
It is the Beloved who created this flower's light
and whoever smells it finds all existence in it.

Don't wander like a vagabond, serve a spiritual master--
Keep your eyes ever on the path you're on.
Do not set your wares before unworthy ones;
These are no ordinary goods and you're no seller.

Youth is like the summer, old age like the winter;
Still, in my heart fresh sorrows enter;
So bow your head and serve the Master
You'll never reach the goal with the devil's manner.

Kul Himmet has a bouquet of roses in his hand;
He keeps the name of the Beloved ever on his tongue;
I am in love with a beauty on the path to that One--
My soul's imagination is her throne.

(Kul Himmet)
1 x

sentienne wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm
This issue has been a struggle of mine over the last, about 12 years. My work forces me to be an intellectual. The marriage of intellectualism and spirituality is a tough one. So hard to enforce one while enacting the other.

I don't believe that there is any form or function, rule or regulation that we can't do them both - but allowing yourself to be truly an intellectual seems to exclude being spiritual.

I will continue to work through this - but as of now, I've yet to find a balance.

<3
I believe the marriage between intellectualism and spirituality is a natural one. Are they even divided? Arent they the same? To me they seem to be. I do not see the difference or division.

Spirituality to me is a way of perceiving and experiencing life. But there are so many aspects to life and they all seem to serve a spiritual purpose even when they arent supposed to. I feel like science and technology are directly helping our rise of consciousness for example. Are they not related? This is just one example of how science meets spirituality. But then, we also have businesses, inventions, innovation... All playing an important role, and not necessarily seen as spiritual activities, but then, they are too.
3 x

I'll add something small in this very interesting topic, something an amazing person told me years ago : "stop using your brain too much, start thinkng with your Heart". Years later, i think i have started to understand a bit of what she was trying to convey to me. Science evolves, and the truth of today is the obslete knowledge of tomorrow. So we cannot rely wholly on science to understand concepts as re-incarnation, the Soul etc. I firmly believe that as children of the Universe, the whole Truth is already inside us but as another beautiful soul told me, we have to clear all the "white noise" of our conscious to reach it. After all, our conscious is about the 10% of our psyche, right ? What lies inside the other 90% ?
Scientifically speaking, our body and of course our brain functions on small electrical impulses of 0,75 mVs. As these run at great speeds inside the nerves, they create electromagnetic pulses, or better put, a vibrating/pulsating electromagnetic vibrations. So telepathy and Prana therapy are quite possible, i have personally experienced both. Everything is energy on the quantum level, and everything is one. Even what we perceive as "alive" on the macroverse, like our bodies, is nothing more than a very complex protein machine, reacting to stimuli and comprised by non-living materials like atoms. Where does the Soul fits in all this ? And what exactly is that "Soul" thing ? Science may not accept many concepts, but then again mainstream science once condemned Pasteur as a lunatic. So science of every era should always be considered a shifting/evolving medium and not the absolute truth.
Just a thought : E=mc2, so mass is energy. Maybe S (spirit/soul) =ec2, so Spirit could be energy. "In the beginning, there was the Word" a book says...but the original ancient text is not "Word" but "Logos", meaning speech but also thought, Logic". Mass converting itself to pure energy gives off a nuclear explosion...so could Spirit converting itself into energy....produce a Big Bang ? Just crazy thoughts of mine :)
1 x

I Spirit 3 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:31 pm
sentienne wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

<3
I believe the marriage between intellectualism and spirituality is a natural one. Are they even divided? Arent they the same? To me they seem to be. I do not see the difference or division.

Spirituality to me is a way of perceiving and experiencing life. But there are so many aspects to life and they all seem to serve a spiritual purpose even when they arent supposed to. I feel like science and technology are directly helping our rise of consciousness for example. Are they not related? This is just one example of how science meets spirituality. But then, we also have businesses, inventions, innovation... All playing an important role, and not necessarily seen as spiritual activities, but then, they are too.
I am a scientist. My life has to deal in facts, or at least evidence. There's nothing existential about it. The only marriage that I'm able to make at this stage is through supposition - trauma/emotions which lead to physical manifestations. Trauma to the spirit falls underneath that category.

When you are required (by law) to deal in fact, you must learn the facts. I can practice with the mindset that there is "more", but trying to implement that is extremely difficult.

<3
1 x

I understand that you as a scientist struggle with a lot of spiritual beliefs that cannot be measured by science. Its really a struggle to integrate these aspects of the mind. I have a friend who bases his life in science and logic alone so he´s good training for me because hes constantly challenging my ideas and beliefs, in a very funny and cool way :)
Its all good I guess, our differences only make us richer as a whole.

The fact that you are here though, suggests that you are searching for something "more" than what science has been able to explain so far. I believe we are complete by integrating all different aspects, the logical and the emotional one. Then we have a wider perception.
3 x

That's actually not what I mean at all... It's not a matter of things being explained by science.

But if we're going to talk about integration...
Most people aren't integrated... in fact, I've never met anyone that's actually integrated.
People swap back and forth.. the logical side for the emotional/spiritual side.
They schedule "downtime".. vacations from which to recuperate from their regular lives. Meditation is scheduled. Mindfulness is scheduled, etc etc.

I know only a few who are semi-ok at this - people who can incorporate their spiritual Being-ness into their daily lives of adulting without having to throw a switch or shut down.

<3
2 x

Hello is a interesting question, in my personal opinion the balance between the mind and the spirit, is just flows like the water of a river does, WHY I said that, because the life is composed for those two things, even in the design off universe is equal, there is a mind that organized and gave functionality to the reality, with mathematic laws that are fulfilled in all te universe, as there is another level of the creation that is the life itself, with the natural life inside the ecosystem, our history as human beens, anyway and things like that, full of spirituality divine creation, so the spiritual true is the middle between the mind and the spirituality, because it is here that you experiment what the true in the universe is, that is because why, the true in the spiritual world only can be experiment, it can't be taught, only been realized.
2 x