Freemasons and Rosicrucians

I am a freemason and part of the reason why I joined was my severe interest in ancient culture and mysteries of the ancient world. The higher degrees of these societies are strictly about frequency and what is called the "lost word". Many believe it was the initial word or sound/frequency at the start of the universe itself. Some say there is a universal hum called "AUM" that many Hindu people today use during meditation as a way to sync up with nature itself. Thoughts?
Entered.
Passed.
Raised.
Try Me.

Re: Freemasons and Rosicrucians

It sounds like hermeticism :) I'm interested in geometry and pythagoreanism too, and how it can be found in plato as idea of good, and forms in the realm of idea.

Hindu also had this idea of deva, and fundemental forces, like the svatika , and other 'pattern', either it's with sound, or geometric pattern, hindu had a mathematics tradition early, and also all creation of music scale comes from this knowledge of mathematics to begin with, hindu had their own music scale, even if it's different from the one pythagora made, they are both based on some application of mathematics principle to bind 'music' to 'soul'.

Like this :

https://www.yoga-age.com/modern/kun2.html#_VPID_5

[ul]THE FOUR STAGES OF SOUND[/ul]

[ul]The Vedas form the sound-manifestation of Ishvara. That sound has four divisions,—Para which finds manifestation only in Prana, Pasyanti which finds manifestation in the mind, Madhyama which finds manifestation in the Indriyas, and Vaikhari which finds manifestation in articulate expression.[/ul]
[ul]Articulation is the last and grossest expression of divine sound-energy. The highest manifestation of sound-energy, the primal voice, the divine voice is Para. The Para voice becomes the root-ideas or germ-thoughts. It is the first manifestation of voice. In Para the sound remains in an undifferentiated form. Para, Pasyanti, Madhyama and Vaikhari are the various gradations of sound. Madhyama is the intermediate unexpressed state of sound. Its seat is the heart.[/ul]
[ul]The seat of Pasyanti is the navel or the Manipura Chakra. Yogins who have subtle inner vision can experience the Pasyanti state of a word which has colour and form, which is common for all languages and which has the vibrating homogeneity of sound. Indians, Europeans, Americans, Africans, Japanese, birds, beasts—all experience the same Bhavana of a thing in the Pasyanti state of voice or sound. Gesture is a sort of mute subtle language. It is one and the same for all persons. Any individual of any country will make the same gesture by holding his hand to his mouth in a particular manner, when he is thirsty. As one and the same power or Shakti working through the ears becomes hearing, through the eyes becomes seeing and so forth, the same Pasyanti assumes different forms of sound when materialised. The Lord manifests Himself through his Mayaic power first as Para Vani in the Muladhara Chakra at the navel, then as Madhyama in the heart and then eventually as Vaikhari in the throat and mouth. This is the divine descent of His voice. All the Vaikhari is His voice only. It is the voice of the Virat Purusha.[/ul]
https://www.yoga-age.com/modern/kun1.html
This whole book is very interesting in this hinduist view of man as a microcosm, and how geometry as cosmic principle, can also be found in the human soul, and related to 'spirituality'. Sometime i don't see much discinction in hinduism either if they study consciousness, astronomy, 'science', mathematics, they use the same set of core principle in all disciplines.

In the west pythagora is the one who coined the whole idea of frequencies, sinus, trigonometry, the idea of square & circle found in masonry for me it's really directly pythagorean.

Crowley studied this also, he speaks about different music scales or music pattern that can be used to attain certain state of mind.

Binaureal beats, conqurete music, and synthetic 'digital' sound are also a direct application of geometry and 'digits' to art.

About the "lost world" , socrates had the idea that truth is more 'remembered' from our soul rather than learned from exterior sources. Because we are never taught really what the concept of truth is about and how to recognize it, so the soul must know from birth what truth is, and he has to remember it. Or maybe it's reference to ancient civilisation, or 'lost eden' myth, or 'genetic memory' , or past live memory too.

Liebniz is more complex to study, but he is said to have been a rosicrucians, and he is also great mathematician , he studied this whole relation between god, optimal world, mathematics, 'identities', numbers, reason. Not that much geometry, but frequencies and sound it was already studied in antiquity.

Nice video :) 

Did you see the series 'ancient knowledge' ?

[youtube]cdIDCZnB9NA[/youtube]

It's in 6 part and pretty long, but it touch a lot of this whole topic of frequencies, as it's found in esoteric tradition in form of shapes, even in masonry there is a whole part about symbolism in masonic temple, and this whole 'frequency mechanics' and how it can be found under different form in ancient traditions =)

LetThereBeLight wrote:I am a freemason and part of the reason why I joined was my severe interest in ancient culture and mysteries of the ancient world. The higher degrees of these societies are strictly about frequency and what is called the "lost word". Many believe it was the initial word or sound/frequency at the start of the universe itself. Some say there is a universal hum called "AUM" that many Hindu people today use during meditation as a way to sync up with nature itself. Thoughts?
There are many beliefs on this with some variations but usually pointing to the same: That sound that you describe; my bet is that is the sound "Om" right? The word that is used in chants and meditation. Is that the lost word you refer to? I know that that word carries a very powerful meaning and vibration. Its the word that describes God, the Universe and creation. I have heard about people who kind of connect with nature and creation as being one; in some cases the sound Om is present. I met one person who told me that while being high and meditating inside the sea, he could hear that word/sound and he felt like some connection. Some suppose that it is the mantra to bring back balance. It makes a lot of sense that such word is related to the beginning of the Universe if we are talking about the same one.

Sorry i have read 'lost world' and not lost word :D

I have heard of this in a video about masonry that was very interesting, but it's in french, and the sound is pretty bad, but they were saying it was an ancient password that has been lost when hiram has been killed ? And that the password since has been replaced by an erztaz of this 'original word', but that the original word in itself has some special power, that was giving hiram his power to build the salomon temple, or the knowledge associated with it, but it was lost in a very distant past. I watched it long time ago, but it was very interesting.

There was this thing in meeting of the 3rd type with the ancient language in india based on sound and frequencies and hand signs, that they use in the end to communicate with the mothership =)

https://youtu.be/j0bBUmZHb8o?t=118

https://www.psychedelicadventure.net/200 ... anism.html =)

"He made the whole world an instrument of sound, and an instrument for carrying messages, resounding praise to the Creator of all.
- Frank Waters - The Book of the Hopi

Sound

This all pervading sound in the current of the Ocean of Consciousness is believed to be the connecting link between God and man. The divine currents are always playing a symphony of ethereal music, however, it does not become audible until we have progressed spiritually enough to hear with the inner ear. Additionally, many mystics, ancient and modern, have reported seeing various colors with the inner eye(s) while in meditation.

As physics deems, all is in a vibrational state, and thus can be converted into mathematical renditions, musical notes and color frequencies. Shabd is believed to be the pinnacle point of all the powers of nature in which, according to scriptures, is the method in which God creates.

"I dwell in undefiled Light and a Thought revealed itself perceptibly through the great Sound...And it is a Word by virtue of the Sound; it was sent to illumine those who dwell in darkness...I am a Light that illuminates the All. I am the Light..."
- Trimorphic Protennoia - Nag Hammadi

it always intrigues me and irks me when people go 'um' while they speak. why 'um', and why speak it to break a perfectly useable sentence? why not be silent when they need to think? in France they go 'er', in Germany its 'or', in Arabic its 'yani', in Greek its 're', in Russia its 'or'. in Italy or Spain, none come to mind.
FORGET WHAT YOU WANT?
GET RID OF WHAT YOU NEED.
FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
WORKS FOR ALL TREES

Return to “Mysticism & Ancient Wisdom”