Should IS be open to the public or restricted to registered members only?

So, apparently there are few concerns when it comes to the privacy of the information posted here by the different people.

You know, Indigo Society is not a regular forum where people talk about businesses or architecture or pets... The subjects discussed in here can be controversial and extreme sometimes because of the nature of this place.

Right now, the forums, topics and posts are public for anyone to see, even if they are not registered members. The members profiles are private though and only other members of this website can view them.

Anyways, I am trying to decide what would be best, if its better to leave the forums, topics and posts the way they are right now, which means, any person can view them no matter if they are a registered here or not.

Or, there is also the option to make them private for non-registered members. This would require people to be registered and logged in so that they can view the conversations here.

If security is a concern to the members here, if for some reason you dont feel comfortable with sharing your posts publicly then this can be done. Or, if there is no concern, no problem with this, then I can just leave them open to the public the way they are.

Any opinions or suggestions for this?
3 x

Re: Should IS be open to the public or restricted to registered members only?

My personal opinion, is that I am agree that become private. We are a community of people that is. not normal at all. I mean our discussion is not about, video games, or show business, Here we talk information and topic kind of heavy. Off course that this date is in the server of the big companies of Internet. But at least, if this is private we committed more with this community, and get certain touch of prestige. But off course is my personal opinion.
3 x

Haroeris wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:52 am
I too registered here after i read some posts and thought the place was interesting. So i'd vote for staying public. After all, spiritual knowledge shared here should be free for all and if people accept it or not that's their right. Perhaps personal blogs where members post more private stuff could be restricted to members only, just thoughts.
This is a, good idea. IMHO.. Maybe one sub forum for members only. Most most things I don't care who reads it.
3 x

I think you have a very good idea SeekerTim. That could def be a solution. We could leave the forums open the way they are and maybe the forums for controversial topics available only for registered members. That way, if a user does not feel comfortable with sharing a post to the public, then this member could use the private forums and post in there only for other registered members. I like it.
2 x