Malik, you sound like you are bothered because you know that logically it makes more sense to be vegetarian, but you really don't want to have to sacrifice your lifestyle. Most of the food grown in the US is used to feed livestock. In places like Africa and South America, most of the land that is being destroyed is for cattle grazing. The best solution for you is probably to hunt your own food, or buy free range meat. Most of the pollution is caused by agriculture. You can do your own research on this though.

I think the fats from seeds and nuts makes for good brain food. We ate mostly grain seeds on the savannahs. Agriculture led to social divisions, war, and disease. Jared Diamond wrote some interesting books on his theory that agriculture led to the decline of human evolution which may or may not be true. Technology has good and bad like anything else. It's scary to think about what is in our food.

Oh, if you knead wheat flour for a long time, it turns into a high protein called seitan. https://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/Seitan.htm

I suspect that gluten intolerance is caused mostly from grains that are laden with pesticides or other chemicals used in the refining process.

Chia seeds have 3 grams of protein per tablespoon. They are also high in essential fatty acids so make a good brain food. I eat eggs, but get the cage free from the Amish people. It would be cool to have chickens I think. I'd like to live on a farm. Have some cows, etc. grow my own food. Maybe get a sheep and learn how to spin wool...*drifts back off into fantasy land*

[QUOTE=precious;1038291]Malik, you sound like you are bothered because you know that logically it makes more sense to be vegetarian, but you really don't want to have to sacrifice your lifestyle. Most of the food grown in the US is used to feed livestock. In places like Africa and South America, most of the land that is being destroyed is for cattle grazing. The best solution for you is probably to hunt your own food, or buy free range meat. Most of the pollution is caused by agriculture. You can do your own research on this though.[/QUOTE]

Vegetarianism is quite the opposite logically. The only basis is spiritual or religious, which has no place when determining the best diet for the human species, the science for Vegetarianism is all hogwash and pseudoscience. Why would I go through all the trouble to post a thread on Carnivorism with links that provide undoubtable evidence to anyone that humans are better suited to live off of meat. Nice try though, actually maybe not so much.

[QUOTE=precious;1038297]I think the fats from seeds and nuts makes for good brain food. We ate mostly grain seeds on the savannahs. Agriculture led to social divisions, war, and disease. Jared Diamond wrote some interesting books on his theory that agriculture led to the decline of human evolution which may or may not be true. Technology has good and bad like anything else. It's scary to think about what is in our food.

Oh, if you knead wheat flour for a long time, it turns into a high protein called seitan. https://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/Seitan.htm

I suspect that gluten intolerance is caused mostly from grains that are laden with pesticides or other chemicals used in the refining process.

Chia seeds have 3 grams of protein per tablespoon. They are also high in essential fatty acids so make a good brain food. I eat eggs, but get the cage free from the Amish people. It would be cool to have chickens I think. I'd like to live on a farm. Have some cows, etc. grow my own food. Maybe get a sheep and learn how to spin wool...*drifts back off into fantasy land*[/QUOTE]

In a perfect world where Agriculture was not discovered, all meat would grass-fed. But just like many vegetarian myths, there is virtually no difference nutritionally between grain and grass-fed. So for time being, until we return to our original food source and transition to meat as global food supply, grain-fed meat is perfectly fine.

Malik wrote:
Our teeth are pure carnivore, they have a continuous enamel coat, are quite sharp, erupt once and do not grow or get replaced just as is the norm for animal of insectivore lineage. They are utterly unlike the complex teeth of herbivores and omnivores- whose teeth grow throughout life.
Our teeth fall out and get replaced. Our canine teeth are nothing like dogs who are omnivorous. We don't have claws and can't really run fast. Gorillas have huge incisors but they use them for bark and are vegetarian so you can't compare human teeth to ape teeth. Ours are good at grinding seeds and we don't chomp directly up and down like predators but when we chew we grind our food in a sideways motion like herbivores do.

[QUOTE=precious;1038299]Malik wrote:

Our teeth fall out and get replaced. Our canine teeth are nothing like dogs who are omnivorous. We don't have claws and can't really run fast. Gorillas have huge incisors but they use them for bark and are vegetarian so you can't compare human teeth to ape teeth. Ours are good at grinding seeds and we don't chomp directly up and down like predators but when we chew we grind our food in a sideways motion like herbivores do.[/QUOTE]

I did not write that, that is a qoute from the Bear, who followed a carnivore regime for over 47 years, as I stated in the post.

Our first set is what is referred to as "milk teeth". Breast milk contains sugar, which is used to fatten a baby up, but damages the first set of teeth in exchange because a skinny baby loses more heat then a fat one. By the time the next set of teeth grow in, the human will be eating only meat. Yey, for the millionenth time, you'd proven humans were once herbivores, over 6 million year ago, we had no need to lose many herbivore characteristics such as the ability to grind food. We have an appendix to provide bacteria to digest plant matter in times of starvation. We've had over one million years of pure carnivorism during Ice Ages, and we adapted to meat as a result. Our evolution is more fine-tuned then nearly any other mammal, as we can survive off of vegetation in times of starvation and we benefit our brain from our superior energy source, meat.

Cats don't have milk teeth, neither do dogs but they also are brought up on milk. Apes have similar mouths, body parts, and apes are 95% vegetarian. So, for you to compare humans to predatory animals is a very peculiar analogy. I'm not sure if you are trying to be funny and contrarian, maybe you are actually being subversive and saying one thing while bringing up the opposite side as being true?
Among women, vegetarians have the mean childhood IQ of 108.0 while meat eaters have the mean childhood IQ of 100.7. Among men, vegetarians have the mean childhood IQ of 111.0 and meat eaters have the mean childhood IQ of 101.1, a 10-point difference!
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... eat-eaters

Here is another study that shows the vegetarian brain as being more activated than the meat eater.
Vegetarians and Vegans tend to base their decision to avoid animal products on ethical grounds. Assuming that Vegetarians and Vegans - because of their underlying moral philosophies - show greater empathy towards animal suffering, it is very well possible that these differences in empathy extend beyond the animal domain and show up as general differences in the degree of empathy felt towards other humans also; even at a neurological level.The study - in basic terms - investigates this hypothesis by placing subjects into a functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) machine and looking at the "activation" of different brain areas as subjects view a randomized series of pictures. The pictures used for this study included neutral scenes and an even share of scenes depicting various kinds of animal and human suffering.
The first main finding of this study is that, compared to Omnivores, Vegans and Vegetarians show higher activation of empathy related brain areas (e.g. Anterior Cingular Cortex and left Inferior Frontal Gyrus) when observing scenes of suffering; whether it be animal or human suffering.
Further, pictures of animal suffering (in contrast to pictures human suffering) recruited specific brain regions in Vegans and Vegetarians that were not differentially recruited by Omnivores. These were areas which are thought to be associated with higher-order representations of the self and self values (e.g. medial Prefrontal Cortex).
don't worry, i won't let them eat you

In addition to generally higher activations in the above mentioned areas, a second main finding of this study is that there are certain brain areas which only Vegetarians and Vegans seem to activate when processing pictures of suffering. In particular, when viewing pictures of human suffering, Vegetarians in this study recruited additional brain areas thought to be associated with bodily representations that distinguish self from others. (Notably these areas were particularly active when mutilations were shown).
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evo ... ally-speak

You really think that meat eaters are more intelligent than vegetarians? I guess it's a silly debate.

[QUOTE=precious;1038316]Here is another study that shows the vegetarian brain as being more activated than the meat eater. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evo ... ally-speak

You really think that meat eaters are more intelligent than vegetarians? I guess it's a silly debate.[/QUOTE]

Lol, a "meat-eater" is far different from a carnivore. And what, just because vegatarians supposedly have more empathy, that just proves their excessive carbohydrates overstimulate their emotions. And such a poor thing to study, the IQ for two different diets? Diet may affect learning ability but not WHAT you learn. I'd love to see a study of the BODY health of a carnivore compared to a vegetarian. See that? I said carnivore, not meat-eaters, which are in the category of vegatarians when it comes to poor health. Carnivorous humans win every time, because they eat their natural diet.

the home run derby winner is a vegetarian. arian foster is vegan. ricky williams vegetarian. about the intellect, smart people tend to go veggie. i've never met a dumb vegetarian but i've met plenty of stupid omnivores.

[QUOTE=Natasha;1038373]This is getting irrelevant and ridiculous[/QUOTE]
Lmao, this is why I got out of this thread, open your minds people or you will continue to go around in circles! Debates like this are counter-productive for everyone....how about this.... None of you are right....and all of you are.... Get your head around this and you can stop bickering about irrelevancies :)

Yeah haha, i mean, bringing in things about diet and intelligence. what the actual hell. No one cares any more. We've all got eachother's perspective now, just leaaave

[QUOTE=Malik;1038125]Extremely high in protein? 8g is extremely high? You just made my day. I agree the protein requirement of humans is about only 30-40g for average but if we get more then we need it is just excreted out through urine, never used for energy but in extreme starvation. Btw, the calcium in dairy products is actually fully absorbable while the plant have inhibitors to block mineral(including calcium) absorption. Natasha, you only think it is too fatty because you have been accultured to low-fat. If you are going to be vegetarian, at least eat full-fat dairy and eggs so you can essential saturated and monounsaturated fats along with absorbable minerals(no iron in them though).[/QUOTE]

Actually bok choy and some other greens don't have the calcum inhibitors, and apparenlty the ones with calcium inhibitors can be boiled to remove a lot of it.
Also there is a new supplement on the market - AlgaeCal - calcium from a type of algae - this type is actually the most absorbable form of calcium - 97% absorbable, as contrasted with milk, in which the calcium is only 31%!

[QUOTE=Malik;1038280]It wasn't a guide of any sort, but his biased consciousness. If I were to say,"My guide told me that humans will pay dearly for leaving their true habitat and lifestyle in the plains of Africa", that would be based on previous knowledge and my own personal bias. So in the case of nutritional requirements, you need hard evidence not based in the brain, where the ego lies but through unbiased research.[end quote]

my response to this quote: What you are saying is equally debatable, Malik, because no one can prove or disprove that what Black Elk heard was from spiritual entities communicating with him...i.e., the view that science knows all is a bias as well...

[QUOTE=precious;1038297]I think the fats from seeds and nuts makes for good brain food. We ate mostly grain seeds on the savannahs. Agriculture led to social divisions, war, and disease. Jared Diamond wrote some interesting books on his theory that agriculture led to the decline of human evolution which may or may not be true. Technology has good and bad like anything else. It's scary to think about what is in our food.

Chia seeds have 3 grams of protein per tablespoon. They are also high in essential fatty acids so make a good brain food. I eat eggs, but get the cage free from the Amish people. It would be cool to have chickens I think. I'd like to live on a farm. Have some cows, etc. grow my own food. Maybe get a sheep and learn how to spin wool...*drifts back off into fantasy land*[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you say about the gluten intolerance and chemicals. I also think a lot of the so-called peanut allergies could also be from chemicals, as peanuts are one of the heaviest sprayed crops...

I also think eggs can be a good humane food.. Unfortunately, even the humane egg farms get the chickens from hatcheries that destroy most of the male chicks becuase they only need a few roosters to mate with the chickens and the meat of the roosters is too tough...that's why it would be perfectly humane to raise one's own chicken to lay eggs. Apparently chickens ovulate/lay one egg per day without even needing a rooster to fertilize!

[QUOTE=Malik;1038322]I'd love to see a study of the BODY health of a carnivore compared to a vegetarian. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Natasha;1038373]This is getting irrelevant and ridiculous[/QUOTE]

he tried to argue that vegetarians are not healthy. the baseball home run derby champion does not eat meat. the #1 fantasy football draft pick does not eat any animals nor their by-products.

[QUOTE=thedog;1037924]please tell me you are joking. plants do not have consciousness. no central nervous system, no brain, no capacity to feel pain. no free will, i can go on and on[/QUOTE]

quite a load of prejudice there. read this plants and us post#18

[QUOTE=thedog;1037924]please tell me you are joking. plants do not have consciousness. no central nervous system, no brain, no capacity to feel pain. no free will, i can go on and on[/QUOTE]

Below link documents interesting studies by Cleve Backster that seems to back up idea that beings without central nervous system might feel emotion. It definitely confirms that they react strongly to violent death, especially other beings of their type getting killed, etc...

https://thesunmagazine.org/archives/1882

Ohhh man thiz comez around every year ... shall I dive in ... mmmmhh muhahahahahahah...

Well thiz time I will not dive in ... but I will say one thing ...

I am not trying to be rude but there iz a on going change that happenz when you become vegetarian... It iz a full body and mind change ... "for good or bad ... who knowz"

But I know itz there and it could be epic enough to diversify speciez ... in other wordz vegetarianz could be a different speciez due to cell and dna changez "ct ag ... if you know what I mean ... walkin the ladder"

I cannot say who should be what and could care lezz ... I am now interested in the capabilitiez and thought process changez when becoming a vegetarian for a long time...

I believe that we think process differently mentally and physically ...

Now add that to being indigo and ....

[QUOTE=thedog;1038338]the home run derby winner is a vegetarian. arian foster is vegan. ricky williams vegetarian. about the intellect, smart people tend to go veggie. i've never met a dumb vegetarian but i've met plenty of stupid omnivores.[/QUOTE]

Anyone can find people who are living examples of the lifestyle they promote. There are thousands of intelligent, amazing people who did wonderful things throughout history who are NOT vegetarian also. I've met plenty of idiot vegetarians as well. The fact is, some people are smart, some are stupid, and some from each side eat meat or do not eat meat. If there is a correlation, it's probably because those who care about their diet (in whatever way) tend to eat more fruits and vegetables, exercise and be healthier in general. But you can get the same results eating a diet like I do, which contains meat, eggs, and plenty of fresh produce.

I think animals have feeling and emotions. I think animals slaughtered of food or any other reason are very sad. Imagine farm animals in a slaughter house. I feel like there would be a constant fear blanketed on top of them.

Their lives are miserable from birth til death. Every fibre of their being is fear. I don't want to eat that.

If the animal was happy, I still don't want to eat that, because it bothers my conscience to have to kill because I like the taste of the animal.

I also like to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. If there was a larger intelligent being out there, I would not want them to slaughter me for fun and leisure because they like my taste or because they felt that I am stupid or dumb in relation to them.

We feel like big fish in the pond of Earth, so we exercise all manner of power over the lives of others, human and non-human. Meat eating without conscience shows a level of ignorance to love and the nature of life.

Love and Light
Inlak'ech

I know about this topic very well. I majored in Animal Science and learned all about slaughter and farming facilities. Being a vegetarian is a decision and you're not "right" or "wrong" if you eat animals. I have worked with animals from a very young age. Animals do have feelings and emotions and I eat meat, but I feel bad about it. I'm not sure if you heard of Temple Grandin, but she really made a big impact on the slaughter industry. Not all slaughterhouses follow her guidelines, but she tried creating slaughtering facilities so that the animals can be slaughtered in the most humane way. This is where it gets out of place because some people perceive slaughtering as 100% inhumane, which is fine because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Temple created a special system for cattle. Cattle like moving in circles (this gets them less nervous in crowds). She created a circular railway system with certain padding so that the animals cannot trip/fall. The cows will follow the herd onto the slaughter platform one by one and the herd behind will not get to see/hear when another cow gets slaughtered. She measured heart rate right before slaughter and the animals appeared to be calm and then the animals die from a penetrative stunner gun. Anyhow back to the subject: some animals do eat other animals and I learned a lot about the mechanisms of pain in animals. Anyhow, in my opinion an animal being eaten alive would be a worse way to die versus a properly run slaughterhouse. I say this because with Temple's creation, she was able to calm animals before slaughter and slaughter is a quick process. Cats are the only animals that will kill their prey first before eating them. Some people actually care about their animals and they treat them nicely on the farm giving the animals what they need. But, I do agree that there are slaughtering facilities that are just awful and treat the animals like crap while they're living there. That's why I decided to only eat meat that's local, but I would really like to be a vegetarian eventually. Also, it takes a lot of resources to feed animals before we put them to slaughter and in general it does cost more money to eat animals because we need to pay to sustain livestock health, feeds, land, stalls, equipment etc. In addition, breeding is highly expensive and may require special equipment and training. Only the most superior male may have their sperm saved to inseminate the females, which costs additional money to ship sperm to other farms. This ensures that the best offspring will be produced to ensure that the animal will grow to its greatest potential.

Re: About Vegetarianism?

I can't believe I've come back and found this thread after all this time. I went vegetarian after this post in 2013. I went VEGAN six months later and have been so ever since. A total of 5 years now.
I can't bear to look back at my ignorant posts on this thread, to the people who were mentioning veganism.

All I can say is, going vegan was the single best decision i ever made in my life, and the most powerful one. And I am sorry to any of those I hurt while choosing to stay ignorant for 6 months before I became fully aware.
I hope everyone who has posted on this thread has advanced in their life since 2013, and I have no doubts that many of you are now also vegan or at least open to it :)

Blessings xx

Re:

Natasha wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:20 pm
I don't believe there is enough protein, calcium, iron in things that aren't animal products. I do believe it will be a good change for me, but I might have to turn back to meat since I mightn't have stopped growing yet. I am completely open to both, well all three. I respect people who like meat, people who are vegetarian and vegans too. I just don't like it when people think their food diet is WAY BETTER so yeah. I'm just trying out vegetarian, because I've been turned off meat for a while anyway. So please, no one keep going on saying that they know everything, because there are arguments for both sides. I still believe meat is important, I'm just trying this out. Okay? Cool :)

Yikes, look at 16 year old me thinking I'm a doctor. I was really just trying to defend myself because I didn't want to believe that I was wrong. But I WAS wrong. Totally wrong and stupid. Guh hahaha

It just wasnt my time

I will probably be hated for saying this but I stick to my inner truth anyway, no matter how controversial...

First I want to make something clear: I am not telling you what to eat but I do share my honest perspective on this. You take it how you prefer to.
Second: Both of my parents are meat eaters and I love them but they know how I think and feel about this. We respect and tolerate each other in our views.

So, in my perception, eating meat is not a necessity for humans; it is rather a pleasure and an addiction. We do not need meat to survive or to stay healthy. Why do I say this?
First, there are vegan bodybuilders:
https://www.vegansouls.com/vegan-bodybuilders
https://www.peta.org/living/food/vegan-bodybuilders/

I think these people are the evidence that we do not need meat. Humans just like its taste, some have become addicted to meat and to the lifestyle of eating meat (socializing, certain meals, etc). But if there are people who need complete, nutritious and balanced diets, then those are bodybuilders. Those are people who you can say would need great protein and stuff to sustain such demanding physical lifestyle (most humans in their living conditions need much less than them).
Yet there they are; apparently a complete and balanced vegetarian/vegan diet seems like the healthiest choice for humans.

Also, check Jim Morris bodybuilder. This guy proves that vegan people are healthier and may be capable of living as long or longer than meat eaters. The guy was way over 70 years old and looked way younger and healthier with a strong muscular body.

Second: The environment.
The meat industry is not only cruel to the animals but also contributes to destroying nature and the planet. Sacrifying great amounts of land and forests which produce and sustain life and oxigen in order to use it to raise animals meant for murder and consumption which at the same time damages the land and environment is not only barbaric but also careless and selfish.
So it is ok to torture and murder animals and to destroy nature because it tastes good to me? Ok, but it is what it is: barbaric, selfish, careless.

Third: The animals.
As many of you are, I am very energy sensitive. I feel the animals, their emotions, their thinking many times. This also happens to me with the people: I feel them. Their thoughts and emotions. But back to animals...
I have lived in a rural area not far from a farm where they raise pigs for human consumption. I was able to hear the pigs terror screams while I was reading this thread from the place I am. I hear their screams in terror every single day. Every single day of their lives is nothing less than a nightmare and they know what is happening to them. They are aware of it; they know they will be killed and they live with that fear every day of their short and tortured lives.

We think of animals as less aware and intelligent beings than us but in my perception this is not really accurate.
Animals are highly intelligent and aware creatures in their own ways. They are simply different than humans in some aspects but not so different in some other aspects: They have emotions such as love and fear like us. They have intelligence and awareness. They have families and create strong loving bonds (which we destroy because it tastes good to have a tortured corpse as our food). Many times animals are more sensitive, connected, integral and pure than most humans. Some animals are more aware and wise than some humans.
We humans think of ourselves as superior because we have technology and societies. But here is the thing: Animals do not need technology as they are already naturally equipped to inhabit Earth. They have develop themselves in other ways, different than us humans, but not less worthy because of that.

So these pigs, intelligent divine beings that they are, are raised in extremely low conditions. They are living in small cages where they can barely move, isolated from sunlight and from oxigen. Living in dark places with no proper sanitary conditions. Usually have to spend their life in a small cage with their own feces and knowing what is going to happen to them and what happens to other pigs that share such misery with them. Their greatest terror are humans; at least the humans that they get to live with. Cold and numbed people; careless and inmune to their plead. Yeah, it is a nightmare for them. I can perceive this very well and I have also seen them when the truck comes for them in order to take them to their slaughter. Pigs scream with terror because they know and you can clearly see the burden and extreme suffering in their face. They really do know what is happening. But no one cares. People claim to evolve towards love and compassion but these beings are ignored.

So this love, Light and compassion is only for humans then? Screw the animals? Why do we deserve the love, Light and compassion while they deserve to be tortured and murdered for our taste? Why do we deserve more love, Light and compassion than them when we are the ones generating such tremendous amount of pain and suffering to other beings? Why do we deserve the love and compassion when we lack the love and compassion towards other animals? How can we not see our link and connection to them? How can we not honor or respect other life forms different than us but call ourselves spiritual and aware people? Such things I do not seem to understand yet.

Humans grew so egocentric that we feel that we are entitled to kill anything on this planet because we consider ourselves the "superior ones". We kill for food that we do not need. We kill to steal a fur which does not belong to us and which we do not need today. We kill for fun and for sport as if we hadnt been killing and destroying enough already. We kill for fear and lack of understanding of other life forms. We kill ourselves aswell. Is this not acting like a savage? What kind of love, compassion and Light is that? Are we fooling ourselves?

Some say: It is ok to kill an animal for sport as some animals grow in numbers and represent dangers or imbalances to the ecosystems. I find this a hipocrite and cruel statement. I think we are 8 billion people on Earth pretty soon, most of them eating anything that crosses their path without caring and destroying the planet, yet we need to shoot at animals because they can grow in numbers and represent danger for the planet.
Seriously, I have no words for this kind of reasoning. It is us humans the danger for the planet and the ones who breed faster than rabbits. We are the ones with high unnatural demands which put the whole planet at risk. Animals represent nothing in terms of destruction compared to humans. Animals also demand much less resources for living than humans. Most animals are naturally capable of coexisting on Earth. This is not what I can say about humans.
This is pure animal cruelty and abuse and also the reason for some magnificent species dissapearing from Earth. Yes, how balanced we humans are! We are superior and in our right to destroy the planet and its beings in cruel and selfish ways just so that we can continue with our ways and toxic lifestyle. Who cares anyway? It is not me, neither my family, neither my children who are being sacrified; just worthless animals. This only proves that many people have not understood or become aware of our link with the animals and with all life. The spiritual awareness of it. Most humans are simply disconnected and numbed.

How about compassion? When we feel completely ok with torturing and murdering animals just so that we can have a tasty meal (not even a healthy one) without really needing to do it, what does it say about our level of compassion? Do we feel the connection at all? Do we really care about other beings and life forms at all? Do we respect other beings and lives?

Would we do this to humans? They are overpopulating the planet and also carry meat in them; wouldnt taste bad for us. But we wouldnt do this to humans because it would be us commiting a crime against another human being. Why is it different with the animals? Is it just because we think we are superior to them?

The toxicity of the industry and eating practice.
Apparently eating meat is one of the top causes for cancer, heart related issues and many health illnesses. This has to do not only with the toxins and chemicals that they put on the animals that humans consume but also with the energy contained in the meat.
We are energetic beings and we are also interconnected with everyone, including animals. The food that we eat is the energy we put inside the body.

The majority of meat comes from animals who have spent their whole lives in terror and pain and who die in terror and pain. All this energy is stored in their blood and flesh (water transports energy and contains memory). So energetically, this kind of food can bring us down and I see the evidence of it in a lot of people (prefer not to go in detail here but it is possible to perceive). But not only it can bring us down energetically but also, this low energy has an impact in our own energy system which can cause different illnesses, like cancer. Of course it can vary from person to person, everyone is different. But this is what I perceive and apparently there are more serious studies revealing this. However, meat is not the only cause for cancer and other illnesses. It can simply increase the chances because of the energy and toxins. But illnesses are complex conditions arousing from the mind and emotions aswell. But everything is connected and holistic; after all, are we not feeding ourselves with the torture, suffering and death of a being? What kind of energy do we expect? It is possible to feel the energy of the animals that are going to be sacrified and it is very very low and heavy; from the energetic perspective.

Also, this suffering that we cause to animals also affects us humans. Not only it affects us in our physical health for the reasons mentioned, but also the energy of the planet and of humans. I say this because I am very sensitive when it comes to animals and I have felt this clearly.
We are interconnected and share the same energy field. We have separate bodies but are connected in energy. This pain and suffering affects people without many of them realizing. People just do not see the link, but from an energy perspective it is possible to be aware of this.
Just my neighbours are depressed people; one of them has thought about suicide several times. Other neighbours aswell and well... It has also affected me many times. I have def felt it in me.

Animals also kill and eat animals.
Yes this is true. But I see a difference. Predators are naturally equipped to hunt their prey and they as carnivores have no other choice but to kill or die. They live in the wild, where food scarce many times. They also follow a natural order when it comes to living, breeding and eating. A more balanced way, not as destructive. Carnivores are not reproducing to 8 billions eating other animals. They usually reproduce less than herbivores. They are naturally carnivores who need to kill to eat, otherwise they die. It is their path, their way.

But humans, first we are 8 billion more or less. Second, we have no proper teeth, claws, strength, speed or body functions to kill or hunt naturally. We do not have the system of a carnivore. Actually, if we were naked next to a real carnivore, we would become the meal. Eating too much meat can make us ill; this does not happen to carnivores. A complete vegan diet makes us healthier and can even cure existing illnesses that we may have and maybe make us feel better energetically.

Anyway, I must add that there is much that I do not know or understand yet. This is just my current perception and it could change in the future or not. I am not here to tell people what to do or what to eat. Everyone has the free will to think, eat and do as they wish.

This post was not mean to be offending and I am sorry if it offends some people. I do not want to offend or preach but I have to be honest about my views and perceptions. I speak my inner truth without the sugar coat.

Finally, even if I dislike the act of eating meat, I do not hate on people who eat meat and can love them and accept their ways. I have eaten meat myself in the past. I do not want to hate just to be honest about my perception, which in the end is only my personal perception and not necessarilly the absolute truth.

It is easy when we have choices. If we are starving and meat is all there is we will eat it. Would we deny a human a life if we knew they were going to die an horrific death?
Maybe their sacrifice is a contribution to spirit for them!
Also. I do not apologise for my opinions. They are one one in billions... useless because they are just one!
They are solely dependent on perspective. 😇
LOve Cheeneka x

cheeneka wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:57 pm
It is easy when we have choices. If we are starving and meat is all there is we will eat it. Would we deny a human a life if we knew they were going to die an horrific death?
Maybe their sacrifice is a contribution to spirit for them!
Also. I do not apologise for my opinions. They are one one in billions... useless because they are just one!
They are solely dependent on perspective. 😇
LOve Cheeneka x

I think most vegans can agree that eating meat in a life or death situation is fine. I too would rather that human live than die. But we are not in that situation when we live in cities and towns so there is no need to support animal slaughter :) the animals slaughtered for first world society certainly aren't "for the greater good" but if a human was stranded somewhere out of society, I would encourage them to survive.

Hi there
I hardly eat meat or much apart from your vitamin requirement it would make me feel sick if it had only been killed recently the other aspect is that ant meat is heavy and dense thar leafy green are a lot better and less dense you could construe this into thinking I'm a meat hater but only over time and experience and much research I found out animals are kept In appalling conditions injected with drugs to fatten them up and the life they should have had comes to an end in a short period of time

What I understand for empathy is the condition which allows you to put yourself in another´s position and understand and feel the reality of that other being.
What I understand for compassion is the ability to care for others outside of one´s own little bubble. Really, the ability to care for others.

When we find reasons to justify crimes against animals, we are clearly lacking compassion and most likely empathy aswell. This is a selfish behavior, detached from real love and compassion.

Talking and preaching love, compassion and union is easy and lots of people do it. However, embodying such values is a different thing and usually comes with a sacrifice. This is when we realize that we move beyond selfishness to real connection and awareness of union.
Otherwise it is just empty words which lack the action.

I dated someone years ago; way before my awakening. I used to eat meat back then. The guy was not really spiritual, neither religious or anything like this. He was a very grounded lawyer from the US. For some reason he had to go to a slaughter house in his country for his work.
He only visited that place once and became a vegetarian after his visit there. He told me he got deeply sad and disgusted by what he had to witness there and decided to turn vegetarian since then. He could barely look at meat and it disgusted him.
He was not spiritual but he was compassionate. He understood it was wrong and sick.

Return to “Wellness, Health & Healing”