Animal Totems?

I am very much interested in my Animal totems, and learning to work with them. I was wondering if anyone else has a strong connection with certain animals? Or if you already know your totems, or if you don't? Or if you know of some of them? I am very interested to see how many others listen to their animal guides. :) If you want me to give you more info on a certain animal, I will help out with that as well. I have been into animal medicine my entire life.
I'd also love to give people the place to talk of their animals experiences.

I will start will one of my main animal guides, the Deer.
Others are...

Moose, and elk.
Than there is the Wolf. (Which is amazing because those are linked with each other in the circle of life already).
The turtle.
The Butterfly, moth, and dragonfly.
The horse.
The cat.
The hawk.
The Eagle.
The Vulture.
The spider.
The grasshopper.
The bear.
The crow and Raven.
And the snake.
The frog.
The toad.
And the owl are all very helpful to me during my early life and now.
Who knows what will come to me later.

The Deer.
Gentleness in word, thought and touch
Ability to listen
Grace and appreciation for the beauty of balance
Understanding of what's necessary for survival
Power of gratitude and giving
Ability to sacrifice for the higher good
Connection to the woodland goddess
Alternative paths to a goal

There are many stories and myths of deer luring hunters or even kings deep into the woods until they are lost and begin to encounter new adventures.

A deer totem signifies a time of blending physical and spiritual energies. When the deer appears as your guide, you might consider how you take in food since the deer is an herbivore and often reduces consumption in winter to conserve energy. If losing weight or eliminating animal fats or toxins is one of your objectives, the deer may appear as a source of encouragement. Like the deer, being more mindful of what you eat may help you achieve better health and energy.

Deer with antlers also represent spiritual attunement. The white tailed deer sheds his antlers each year, and for the first five years, he grows a larger and larger pair with an annually increasing number of points. The antlers are like antennae, sensitive to signals and external energies. When the male deer appears you may be reaching new levels of psychic awareness or developing a more spiritual outlook. Your heightened awareness could mean you’ll be more easily overwhelmed by noise, commotion or tension. At the same time you can benefit from strong powers of observation and subtleties in communication. The deer can help you tune in to what is unspoken and read between the lines. Could you be gentler with someone’s feelings? Or do you need to accept and acknowledge your own emotions? When the deer appears as your totem, pay attention to the simple things, clear out useless clutter and chatter, and listen to what your body, spirit, and relationships really need to grow and thrive.

[CENTER]Woodland dreams of intuition come with the graceful deer.
I greet you, brothers and sisters of the forest.
Your gift of magic will brighten my life.
Transformation will come to me.
Like you, I stand listening to the drum beat of life,
Poised to follow my guiding spirits.

[/CENTER]

What are yours?
Or would you like me to give you info on one?
Or help you find out what your main animal totem at this time is your life.
Peace and Love. *hugs*

i feel very connected to the hawk, i actually saw one today, though it was really little, a little bigger than maybe half the size of other hawks. a stork also flew over me today...

any thoughts?

Crow/Raven
Magpie
Seal
Cheetah
Goat
Spider
Bat
Owl
Squirrels

I didn't choose them they chose me. By my observences in nature and animal parks. their reactions to me.
For example.

The seal in the zoo, was boring for everyone, wouldnt do anything and the zookeeper did a small speech she isnt easily enthusiastic about humans.
when she saw me, she went absolutely wild! She tried to break through the barrier to get to me, when I walked up and down the wall of the lake she was in, she followed me trying to get my attention and crying at me. when I left she went nuts trying to break through to get at me, when she calmed down she cried big time. the zookeeper said she only does that at feeding time, but its not feeding time and she is quiet as a mouse usually, he offered me to feed her she just wouldnt let me go.
And other seals in general not just her.

A cheetah was always hiding in the bushes of the zoo sleeping. When I went near the cage it came over like a little excited dog, pleased to see its own back... and ran up and down the cage looking at me and chirping.
which I find really weird as one of the memories of the old world was me as a shapeshifter and my main animals were raven and cheetah!
But when I left, she too was standing with sad eyes, chirping like a little baby really upset I left and walked off in a sulk when I didnt go back.

Ravens, crows and magpies always warn me about dangers and I know it sounds nuts but I believe I can understand their calls in full, and communicate telepathically.

Bats are always attracted to me when I go out at night and so are owls, they always swoop down past my head or sit near watching me, which kinds makes me nervous going out at night, because its very rare for me to go out when its dark without a stalker haha.

Goats absolutely adore me, when I go near a goat pen its like Trafalgar square gone wrong.

Spiders, I know sounds strange but they do seem to be very obedient to me and seem to come to me whenever I am in a room.
I once asked for a spider to stay somewhere until morning when the alarm clock goes off, because I have a phobia of accidentally killing one in my sleep by crushing it or swallowing it... and it stayed there until morning, I woke up before the alarm clock and it was still in that place - and when the bell went it started to walk to the door.
Lots of instances like this has happened to me.

Squirrels are also like spiders, obedient to me - tamed to me, and only me no one else can go near them only me... and they go crazy when I am not in the garden by 8am everyday. Mum used to think its because I feed them, so I stopped feeding them but everyday at 8am they still call me, and they go quiet instantly, all I have to do is just show myself for a couple of seconds and go, to shut them up... I do it to protect them because their screaming at 8am every morning has made a neighbour threaten to shoot them with their air rifle and he told me if I dont sort them out he will use it on them and in UK you get paid to kill squirrels coz the government see them as vermin. :(

Many thoughts

Many thoughts

[quote=rug;43028]i feel very connected to the hawk, i actually saw one today, though it was really little, a little bigger than maybe half the size of other hawks. a stork also flew over me today...

any thoughts?[/quote]

Here is what I gathered for you, bless you! Does any of this mean anything to you at this point in your life? :) Love and *hugs*

[CENTER]HAWK[/CENTER]

Power, Magic, Messenger
Hawk is the messenger,
the protector and
the visionaries of the Air.
It holds the key to higher levels of consciousness.
This totem awakens vision and inspires a creative life purpose.

[CENTER]A Hawk totem is filled with responsibility
because Hawk people seek the overall view.
They are aware of omens and spirit messages.
A Red-Tailed Hawk Totem is special.
It has direct ties to the Kundalini, the seat of primal life force.
It is associated with the base chakra .
If you have this Totem, you will be aware of and work toward fulfilling your soul's purpose.
It reflects a greater intensity of energy within your life:
physical, emotional, mental and spiritual forces will all be strong within you.[/CENTER]

The Red-Tail Hawk is a permanent totem -- it will always be with you. [CENTER]It is associated with the number "14" with the Tarot card Temperance. This card represents the teaching of higher expressions of psychic ability and vision.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]In Native American cultures the hawk represents a messenger. It often appears in our life when we need to pay attention to the subtle messages found in our surroundings and from those we come in contact with. As with all messages received it is important to recognize its underlying truth. Because their are so many varieties of hawk its messages vary and can affect all levels of our psyche. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]One thing that all hawks have in common is the skill to move between the seen and unseen realms gracefully connecting both worlds together. Their acute vision compliments this ability and their discriminating nature keeps them out of harms way. The broader vision of the hawk allows them to see what the future holds. In man this symbolizes prophetic insight. If this medicine is underdeveloped a tendency towards over analyzing everything is common. In so doing, clear vision is lost. Those who hold this totem should remember to keep their analytical mind under control and not allow it to run wild. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]The hawk has many foraging techniques. The most typical in their pursuit of prey is swiftly following the animal's efforts to escape. Once the hawk has secured the prey with its powerful talons, the bird dismembers it with its sharply pointed, strong beak. In man, this suggests that we can run but we cannot hid from our destiny. Sooner of later it will catch up with us. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]The destiny of all humankind is to awaken from their spiritual amnesia and realign with the original intention of their soul. When the hawk flies into our life we will be asked to evaluate who we have become and rip out the threads of our self created illusions. This enables our inner truth to surface. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Hawk signifies union with Great Spirit. A bird of the heavens the hawk orchestrates the changes necessary for our spiritual growth. Having this totem can be bitter sweet. If we accept its presence in our life we will be asked to surrender anything that doesn't honor the integrity of all life. Be it an idea, a feeling or an action. Although hard work is involved the rewards the hawk offers us are great. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Hawk Wisdom[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Clear-sightedness
Being observant
Far-memory
Messages from spirit
Guardianship
Recalling past lives
Courage
Wisdom
Illumination
Seeing the larger picture
Creativity
Truth
Experience
Wise use of opportunities
Overcoming problems [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Stork: Birth and unspoken communication
Stork - Messenger of rebirth.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Cycle of power: year round
The stork is one of the most ancient and powerful symbols of new birth.
It was a symbol in China with signifigances similiar to that of the crane. It was also a bird believed to be sacred to the roman goddess Juno--The goddess of home, children, family,fidelity. the stork has also been associated with the early lore around chiristianity. One such story that I heard as a child tells how the stork circled around the cross, offering sympathy and strength to Jesus.
The stork has even been considered a close relative of humanity. In some fairy tales and legends, the stork is a bird that is capable of assuming human form at times. It has been said that when wounded it will weep Human tears. The stork is a wader; it has long legs that enable it to wade in shore areas and shallow waters. Such areas were considered entrance ways to the faerie realm. It also reflects a connection to emotions and the creation symbology of water. Storks can help us to understand our emotins and how to enjoy the process of giving birth.
The stork is known for its dedication to its young. They are caring and very protective parents. This help explain the connection between the the stork and the roman goddess Juno. Storks usually return to the same nest year after year, raising young from the same home nest. This in itself can provide some insight into the storks role within your own life. Do you need to get back home- back to the basics? Are you showing enough care for the child within you? Have you lost touch with your family roots? Are you taking the time to nurture and care for those projects and activities you give bith to withiin your life? It has always been considered good luck to see a Stork, or have one as a totem. They are symbols of a new birth in your life. They reflect that on some level you are going to find life renewed and opportunities to awaken a new sense of joy and promise. In traditionl folklore, a stork flying over the house reflected that birth was on its way.
Dance is a means by which we can awaken primal forces and energies. It is a means of linking other dimensions with the physical. The stork holds the ancient knowledge of sacred dance, especially fertility dances. Stork as a totem, can teach you how to awaken your own fertility in any area of your life through movement and activity--rather than through words. It can show you how to use rattles and drums to empower and assist the awakening of your own fertility and creativity.
The stork can show you where you need to focus your movements for greatest success, and it can show you where your rhythms are off and hindering your developement. It can show you how to invoke greater energy through proper dance. The stork will teach you how energies are crfeated by dance, but rather invoked and challenged through it. It will show you how to transcend present conditions through sacred dance and create an opportunity for new birth[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Peace[/CENTER]

thanks mae

makes alot of sense with the hawk. and what an inspiration with the stork! i feel blessed to have seen that guy fly today. such beautiful birds

[quote=LadyElement;43033]I feel connected to the Wolf and Panther both..[/quote]

[CENTER]The Wolf.
The mournful cries rise in the night.
We are seeking!
Wolves' song greets the Moon so bright.
We are brace and wise!
Sleek, muscles bodies beneath the Moon.
We help turn the wheel of death and rebirth!
By our magic we a send a boon
Of true dreaming![/CENTER]

[CENTER]THE WOLF.[/CENTER]

Intuition, Learning, Spirit [CENTER]This totem brings faithfulness, inner strength

and intuition when he enters our lives.
But he also brings learning to live with one's self.
The wolf teaches us to learn about our inner self
and to find our inner power and strength.
But to achieve this, we must take risks
and face our deepest fears.
A wolf totem demands sincerity.
This totem demands a lot of us
but gives us much in return;
a spirit helper that is always there to help
and gives us extraordinary powers of endurance.
He reminds us to listen to our inner thoughts
and trust our insights.
They remind us not to waste resources and
to learn how to avoid trouble and confrontations.
People with Wolf totems have the capacity to make quick and firm emotional attachments.
Trust your insights about these attachments. Wolf will guide you.
Take control of your life with Wolf’s help and do so with harmony and discipline.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Wolf: loyalty, perseverance, success [/CENTER]

Wolves have been long regarded by Native Americans as teachers or pathfinders. Wolves are fiercely loyal to their mates, and have a strong sense of family while maintaining individualism. In the stars, Wolf is represented by the Dog, Sirius, thought by many aboriginal tribes to be the home of the Ancients. Wolves are probably the most misunderstood of wild animals. Tales of cold-bloodedness abound, in spite of their friendly, social and intelligent traits. They are truly free spirits, even though their packs are highly organized. They seem to go out of their way to avoid a fight. One is rarely necessary when a shift in posture, a growl, or a glance gets the point across quite readily. Traditionally, someone with Wolf Medicine has a strong sense of self, and communicates well through subtle changes in voice inflection and body movements. They often find new solutions to problems while providing stability and support that one normally associates with a family structure. Wolf's medicine includes facing the end of one's cycle with dignity and courage, death and rebirth, Spirit teaching, guidance in dreams and meditations, instinct linked with intelligence, social and family values, outwitting enemies, ability to pass unseen, steadfastness, skill in protection of self and family, taking advantage of change.

Wolf: loyalty, perseverance, success
Wolves have been long regarded by Native Americans as teachers or pathfinders. Wolves are fiercely loyal to their mates, and have a strong sense of family while maintaining individualism. In the stars, Wolf is represented by the Dog, Sirius, thought by many aboriginal tribes to be the home of the Ancients. Wolves are probably the most misunderstood of wild animals. Tales of cold-bloodedness abound, in spite of their friendly, social and intelligent traits. They are truly free spirits, even though their packs are highly organized. They seem to go out of their way to avoid a fight. One is rarely necessary when a shift in posture, a growl, or a glance gets the point across quite readily.
Traditionally, someone with Wolf Medicine has a strong sense of self, and communicates well through subtle changes in voice inflection and body movements. They often find new solutions to problems while providing stability and support that one normally associates with a family structure. Wolf's medicine includes facing the end of one's cycle with dignity and courage, death and rebirth, Spirit teaching, guidance in dreams and meditations, instinct linked with intelligence, social and family values, outwitting enemies, ability to pass unseen, steadfastness, skill in protection of self and family, taking advantage of change.
Panther Animal Totem
The panther animal totem is a very powerful and protective presence. If you have this creature as your totem, you are blessed to have such a fierce and aggressive guardian with you.

The panther is a symbol of courage, valor and power. The panther has also sometimes associated with the sun, and solar vibrancy in some cultures (South American, & Central American).
Individuals with panther totem s are usually people who come into this world with a spiritual knowing - a deeper understanding of spiritual things. These people often are very intuitive, psychic, and many are artistically inclined.
Of all the panthers, the black panther has the greatest mysticism associated with it. It is a symbol of the mother, the dark moon and the power of the night. The black panther encourages us to understand the shadow powers available to us all, to acknowledge these powers and to eliminate our fears of the darkness.
When the black panther totem appears in your life, it is also a symbol of releasing your passions, and starting a new phase of your life. A phase in which you are discovering your desires, and living your dreams.
The panther animal totem asks us these questions:
  • What is my Shadow Self trying to tell me?
  • Are my passions helping or hindering me at this time?
  • Am I still on the right spiritual path for myself?
  • Am I supressing latent desires?
  • Am I putting others' needs before my own to the point of self-neglect?
  • Am I being mindful of my movements - both physical and emotional?
  • Am I being defensive? Who or what am I protecting and why?
[LEFT]When the panther animal totem comes to us (whether it be in the form of images or real sightings) we must begin paying attention to the strength of our inner being - our internal fortitude, and the condition of our spiritual strength & valor. Panthers also beckon us to consider our darker side - analyze this side of ourselves and determine its motivation[/LEFT]

An Endangered Species

Jaguar's Wisdom Includes:
  • Seeing the roads within chaos
  • Understanding the patterns of chaos
  • Moving without fear in the darkness
  • Facilitating soul work
  • Empowering oneself
  • Moving in unknown places
  • Shapeshifter
  • Psychic sight

Black Jaguar's Wisdom Includes :[/b]
  • Keeper of the circular time continuum
  • Gatekeeper to the Unknowable
  • All wisdom listed above for Jaguar
According to Mayan beliefs, the journey of the sun across the sky and the darkness of night stood for the eternal journey of human consciousness and its transformations. The sun at midday was compared to the Eagle, flying high in the sky. Then it plunges below the horizon, just as we plunge into the dark where we face our spiritual challenges and are transformed. The hidden sun was said to be Jaguar, whose spotted skin symbolized the stars glittering in the night sky. Thus, it was called the "Jaguar Sun." Jaguar is the earth father. As earth father, he presides over the sacred power in the earth and the animals who live upon it. The force that lives within the mountains, which gives them their volcanic and transformative power, is the same underworld source of power and energy as the Jaguar Sun. The Mayan word for Jaguar is IX (pronounced eesh).

Florida Panther and Eastern Puma
Critically Endangered Species

Cougar/Mountain Lion/Puma's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Using leadership power wisely and without ego [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Balancing power, intention, strength [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Gaining self-confidence [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Freedom from guilt [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Cunning[/LEFT]
For the Zunis of Turtle Island (Southwest United States), Cougar was the Master Hunter, known for its high intelligence, its knowledge of other animal and life forms, its physical prowess, its strength of will, and its intuitive ability. Cougar sees the maintenance of its territory as essential for its survival. Poshaiankia, the father of the Medicine Societies, designated Cougar the duty of carrying messages from humans to the higher spirits, because of this animal’s personal power, superior knowledge, strength of will, and steadfastness. Therefore, Cougar represents the link between ourselves and the most powerful spirits in Zuni Mythology: Mother Earth, Father Sky, and the Originator of All.

A little light to those who would like it...

A little light to those who would like it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Spirit Guides and Totem Animals

Some people are unaware of their guides, or don't have a specific one. There are many different animals that you can call upon. Once you do this more often, you will find yourself befriending a certain one. Usually this animal is one that is most like yourself. Here are some things you should look at when finding your spirit guide...

~~~What animal are you most drawn or attracted to? When you go to the zoo, what is the first animal that you want to see?

~~~What animals do you dream about? If there is a specific animal that you have dreams about all the time, this is probably a guide that is already there for you, and speaks to you through your dreams.

~~~Animals you can relate to. Is there a certain animal that you think has a personality like your own? Are you like a dolphin because you are extremely playful and good hearted? Are you like a dog because you are a good and loyal friend?

~~Animals that are the opposite of you. I say this because if you need help in something you may have to call on an animal that has none of your qualities. Maybe you are depressed and need to call on that dolphin to help make you happy. Maybe you befriend people too easily and need an owl to open your eyes and see that many of these people are betraying you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ What is a Spirit Guide?

A spirit guide is one who helps you through the trials of life and helps you learn the lessons that these trials teach. Often, ones Spirit Guide represents different aspects of themselves. A spirit Guide can be somone from your past who cared about you, or someone who owes you a sort of karmic retribution for somthing in the past. They can also be spirits sent by the Divine to help you in times when you need it.

A Spirit Guide may stay with you your whole life, or it may not. You may have several or only one. This will depend on the lessons you must learn and the trials you face in life. I have found, that, on average, people have about four spirit guides. One for each aspect of themselves: emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical. Somtimes people have more to represent sub selves like the love self, the working self, the careing self etc. All this will depend on you.

There are several ways to discover who your spirit guide is. Most guides want you to discover them. There are also several different ways of working with a guide. You just have to do what feels 'right'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ What is a Totem Animal?

Unlike a Spirit Guide, I see a Totem Animal as a guide who will be with you your whole life. A Totem Animal is the one who presents life's challenges. This is what gives one their personality, characteristics and level of understanding. They don't nessecarily guide you, but they present that which you must learn, then help you deal with the results of just how you decided to deal with the problem.

You can have many different Totem Animals. I find that people generally have about 6. Perhaps it is one to signify each of the elements in your life, perhaps it is just to represent the six stages of your life. I have found that everyone has at least one 'main' totem animal which travels with them their whole life, a hidden totem animal, and several totems to help them through different parts of their life.

One's main totem is the animal which travels with them their whole life. It is the one which most influences them and their personality. This totem usually appears when one is very young and stays with them until they pass on. These totems will usually make themselves known to those around the person whom they represent.

One's hidden totem represents the inner aspects of their personality. A hidden totem might be considered the 'dark' side of ones personality. This totem animal often remains within a person, influencing their subconscious decisions and personality. Often these totems remain hidden from everyone around the person and will only show themselves if the time is just right, or the situaltion needs it.

There are several ways to find your totem animal. They also have different base meaning. None are all 'positive' and none are all 'negative'. They are niether and both. All have advantages and disadvantages, don't let the meaning of the totem animal prompt you to choose one, you don't choose your animal, it chooses you.

~~~~~~ The Difference Between a Spirit Guide and a Totem Animal

A Spirit Guide is just that, one who guides your spirit. A Totem Animal will influence how you deal with the information you Spirit Guide gives you. A Spirit Guide helps you make decisions and will give you advice. A Totem Animal will throw tests at you then help you deal with the results of that test. So, one starts the trials in your life so that you may learn, the other helps you through that trial.

Often the two will work together, but they can also be opposing forces. Although you may think that they know everything (and somtimes they like you to believe that they do), they don't. They can only see what is presented to them, just like you. However, they can help you make decisions and give advice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Animal Correspondences

The characteristics of a specific animal are often rubbed off on those who have it as a totem. We often harness the natural power and energy of our totem. This energy may come in many forms, but is often closely associated with the attitude and habitat of the animal itself. The relationship you have with your totem also depends on its energies and attitude. Relationships with your totem animals are strongly based on the emotional, spirituality, physicality, and psychological characteristics of the animal you are dealing with.

Alligator-- Rough, stern, stealthy, basic survival

Ant-- Order, patience, hard work, team effort.

Antelope-- Graceful, speed, quick to start, jumpy, easily startled

Badger-- Does not relate well to others, self-reliant, a teacher rather than a student, has earth knowledge

Bat-- Initiation into magickal practices, long lived, facer of fears, finder of hidden messages, divination

Bear-- Introspection, inner strength, protective of their young, thought of as wise and gentle, keeper of hidden wisdom

Beaver-- A builder, talkative, likes structure and building, story teller, short lived, makes dreams a reality

Bee-- Hard working, social, follower, communittee oriented, can be obsessive

Beetle-- Purpose, innocence

Bird (general)-- Needs freedom, unity of fellow creatures, open minded, can be overbearing in beliefs and views

Bobcat-- Solitary, has spiritual force residing within them, will often carry the burden, manifestation of power and control

Buffalo-- Healing, good fortune, abundance, slow witted but kind, easily persuaded, keeper of medicine

Bull-- Insight into the past, might rush into parenthood and family, ill-prepared, fertile

Butterfly-- Transformation, accepting of others, graceful, indecisive, likes to be noticed and stand out in a crowd

Caribou-- Traveler, mobile, can adapt to surroundings, prefers to keep moving and have freedom

Cat-- Curiosity, many lives, cleverness, unpredictability, healing and witchcraft since in ancient times it was believed that witches took the form of their cats at night.

Centipede-- Awareness

Cockroach-- Reproduction, long lasting

Cougar-- Leadership, physical strength, quick tempered, quick witted, agressive, keeper of inner strength, will be quick to anger and slow to forgive

Coyote-- Humorous, tricky, looks out for itself, willing to laugh at itself, committed, scavenger, keeper of magick

Crane-- Royalty, proud, balance, inner meditation, lucky, likes movement and travel

Crow-- Resourceful, greedy, tolerated, loud, willing to council others, opinionated Deer-- Gentle, sensitive, generally peaceful, passive, slow reactions, easily startled

Deer-- Teaches us to understand our emotions, to understand the physical and the spiritual.

Dog-- Faithful, inner loyalty to a fault, make good friends and family, will protect those they care for

Dolphin-- Harmony, joyful, swift, passionate, meditative, likes company, keeper of self

Dragonfly-- Restless, refined, ever moving, skilled, acrobatic persoanlity

Eagle-- Illumination, majesty, adeptness, potency, power through knowledge, often arrogant and self assured

Elephant-- Long lived, doesnt listen to insults, tough and agressive, strong but peaceful

Elk-- Pride, beauty, ageless wisdom, keeper of the forest

Fish-- Agile, mobile, sly, generally open minded, but quick to change its mind

Fox-- Clever, subtle, agile, swift, uses discretion, not outgoing, willing to hide

Frog-- Growth, inner child, clensing, emotional healing, poor judgement of character

Giraffe-- strength, flexibility, link to higher and lower worlds, silent reflections

Goat-- Dilligence, willing to work to the top, unbending, no foresight

Goose-- Love of home, returns to place of belonging, friendly and caring, ever searching

Gorilla-- Powerful, wise, inner sadness and emotional self, represents those who keep peace through agreesion

Hawk-- Awareness, inner truth and contemplation, hidden talents, a watcher

Hedgehog-- Defensive, self preservation, abrasive personality, loner

Horse-- Loyal, inner power, freedom, safety in movement, beauty through strength

Hummingbird-- Agile, quick movements, easily distracted, abundance of energy, often has a sweet tooth

Ladybug-- Good luck, money, a job

Lizard-- Relaxed, knows when to back off, hidden defenses, elusiveness

Lion-- Strength, pride, agile, family motivated, willing to sacrifce self for others, strong channeling energies

Loon-- Serenity, good communicator, judgemental and uncaring

Manitee-- Slow but graceful mover, control of elements and though, open experience and destiny

Moose-- Unpredictable, slow to temper, stands up for what they believe in, abrasive

Mouse-- Hidden emotions and movements, illusive, charming, prepared, knows when to run away

Nightengale-- Soft tempered, good speaker, smooth movement and voice, keeper of the night

Octopus-- Multifacited, skilled in many things, like to know everything, can be overbearing and controling

Otter-- Playful, joyful nature, likes games of all sorts, bring laughter whereveer they go

Owl-- Insight into the unknown, clear vision, can see all influences around them, hidden hunter

Panther-- Hidden emotions, silent thought, careful decisions, quick movemnts, stealthy

Penguin-- Family oriented, emotionally cold exterior, non-expressive, adaptive to many environments

Prairie Dog-- Swift, industrious, readiness, doesnt like cold, builder

Porqupine-- Knows humility, inner innocence, appears to be scared and defensive, kind private nature

Potato Bug-- Childhood

Quail-- Works best in a group, creates harmony and group tolerance, protective, likes children

Rabbit-- Safety in numbers, needs to conquer fears, quick minded, emotional, physically weak

Racoon-- Borrower of skills and items, hidden enemies, hidden skills, lurker, mischief maker

Rat-- Can adapt to anything, quick witted and hard working, scavenging when needed, likes luxury

Raven-- Mysterious, ingenuity, distant watcher, keeper of the unknown

Rooster-- Vain, likes gifts and attention, early to rise, will go after the best

Salmon-- Determined, persistant, strength through desire, trusting but not trust-worthy

Scorpion-- Strength, depth, survival

Seagull-- Versitile, loud, abnoxious, carefree, inventive but lazy, open minded

Seal-- Contentment, peaceful, over-emotional, playful but hard worker

Skunk-- Wanring, dangerous, misunderstood, respectful and worthy of respect, carefully judgemental

Snail-- Perserverance, although stern and cold on the outside has a soft hearted nature

Snake-- Sexually potent, solitary but likes pleasing others, inner power through passion, keeper of the life force

Spider-- Teacher, story teller, trickster

Squirrel-- Thrifty, well prepared for any disaster, trust worthy, knows how to survive

Swan-- Beauty, elegance, nurturing nature and open heart, sense of calmness and inner retrospection

Tiger-- Mothering nature, Strength through determination and inner power, fickle personality

Turtle-- Protection, love of life and nature, healing powers, inner knowledge and thought

Walrus-- Trickster, loner, likes to be an individual, has little respect for life and others, vain

Whale-- Intuitive, wise, graceful, inner beauty, communittee preservation, gentle but will attack when provoked

Wolf-- Teacher of skills, loyalty, independant but likes others, strong willed, easy to anger, holds a grudge

Yak-- Ancient wisdom, higher being and understanding, self doubt, lack of emotional control

Zebra-- Indecisive, hidden aspects, confuses others, can be emotionally up or down rarely in between

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Birds and their Magical Meanings

Blackbird = Omens and mysticism, color of fear and promise

Bluebird = Happiness and fulfillment, color of north or east

Canary = Healing power of sound, heightened sensitivity

Catbird = Communication potential, new lessons or opportunities

Chickadee = Sacred number is seven, seeker of truth and knowledge

Crow = Intelligence, watchfulness, magical, past-life connections

Duck = Maternal, graceful and comforting, protective

Eagle = Capable of reaching zenith, great perception, bridging worlds

Finch = New experiences and encounters, wide range summer soltice

Goose = Story telling, fertility and fidelity, symbol of eight and infinity

Grosbeak = Heals old wounds, family values, past loves significance

Hawks = Primal life force, fulfillment, spring and fall equinoxes

Kingfisher = Halcyon days, peace and prosperity, linked to north, blue

Loon = Realizing dreams, haunting and eery song, imagination

Magpie = Occult knowledge, doorway to new realms. wily and willful

Meadowlark = Cheerfulness, sublimation, inner journey, linked to moon

Nuthatch = Applying wisdom to natural world, groundedness, ethereal

Oriole = Positive energy, reconnecting with inner sunshine, nature spirits

Owl = Silent wisdom and nocturnal vision, healing powers, magical

Peacock = Wisdom and vision, ostentatious, protective and powerful

Pelican = Self-sacrificing, non-competitive, buoyant, rising above trials

Pigeon = Love and security of home, fertility, archetypal energies

Raven = Shapeshifting, messenger or omen, blending human and animal

Robin = New growth, territorial, color link to throat center

Starling = Sociable, communicating diversity, forceful

Stork = Related to humanity, connected to emotions, water, birth process

Swan = Sensitive, emotional, dreamer and mystic, longevity

Swift = Feminine and psychic energies, speed and agility

Turkey = Spiritual connection to Earth Mother, shared blessings

Vulture = Purification, never-ending vigilance, guardian of mysteries

Woodpecker = Weather prophet, drumbeats into other dimension

i have a thing for cats...but i really don't know what my animal totem is...i took a silly questionaire test once and it indicated the wolf....some say, cause of a few characteritics it might be a serpent.....so i really don't know...maybe all of them or none:confused: :D

if you know a good way to find out, i would appreciate it...i'd really like to know!

love&light
Sue

[quote=rug;43071]thanks mae

makes alot of sense with the hawk. and what an inspiration with the stork! i feel blessed to have seen that guy fly today. such beautiful birds[/quote]

Surely chill worthy to see a Stork!! You are truly lucky! :)
I'd love to hear of the blessings and new birth that come into your life this next year. :) Peace and love to you, you lucky soul!

(Remember what I said, you had that energy of Christ?, LOL well it seems the Stork is visiting you as well!!! VERY powerful indeed!) And same goes for the Hawk, it all makes a lot of sense, ;) glad to be able to share this with you. You are baeutiful!
Peace.

[quote=TheRavenMother;43035]Crow/Raven
Magpie
Seal
Cheetah
Goat
Spider
Bat
Owl
Squirrels

I didn't choose them they chose me. By my observences in nature and animal parks. their reactions to me.
For example.

The seal in the zoo, was boring for everyone, wouldnt do anything and the zookeeper did a small speech she isnt easily enthusiastic about humans.
when she saw me, she went absolutely wild! She tried to break through the barrier to get to me, when I walked up and down the wall of the lake she was in, she followed me trying to get my attention and crying at me. when I left she went nuts trying to break through to get at me, when she calmed down she cried big time. the zookeeper said she only does that at feeding time, but its not feeding time and she is quiet as a mouse usually, he offered me to feed her she just wouldnt let me go.

A cheetah was always hiding in the bushes of the zoo sleeping. When I went near the cage it came over like a little excited dog, pleased to see its own back... and ran up and down the cage looking at me and chirping.
which I find really weird as one of the memories of the old world was me as a shapeshifter and my main animals were raven and cheetah!
But when I left, she too was standing with sad eyes, chirping like a little baby really upset I left and walked off in a sulk when I didnt go back.

Ravens, crows and magpies always warn me about dangers and I know it sounds nuts but I believe I can understand their calls in full, and communicate telepathically.

Bats are always attracted to me when I go out at night and so are owls, they always swoop down past my head or sit near watching me, which kinds makes me nervous going out at night, because its very rare for me to go out when its dark without a stalker haha.

Goats absolutely adore me, when I go near a goat pen its like Trafalgar square gone wrong.

Spiders, I know sounds strange but they do seem to be very obedient to me and seem to come to me whenever I am in a room.
I once asked for a spider to stay somewhere until morning when the alarm clock goes off, because I have a phobia of accidentally killing one in my sleep by crushing it or swallowing it... and it stayed there until morning, I woke up before the alarm clock and it was still in that place - and when the bell went it started to walk to the door.

Squirrels are also like spiders, obedient to me - tamed to me, and only me no one else can go near them only me... and they go crazy when I am not in the garden by 8am everyday. Mum used to think its because I feed them, so I stopped feeding them but everyday at 8am they still call me, and they go quiet instantly, all I have to do is just show myself for a couple of seconds and go, to shut them up... I do it to protect them because their screaming at 8am every morning has made a neighbour threaten to shoot them with their air rifle and he told me if I dont sort them out he will use it on them and in UK you get paid to kill squirrels coz the government see them as vermin. :([/quote]

Wow, ok, so you have a lot as well. ;)
This may take me a few minutes to get you your info, I love how certain animals flock to you...way cool!
Ok, give me like an hour to get this one out to you. :)

MagdaleneGraceMae wrote:[CENTER][b:oiib5gqq]

[img:oiib5gqq]https://www.geocities.com/rainforest/4076/jaguarrock.jpg[/img:oiib5gqq]
[color=navy:oiib5gqq][i:oiib5gqq]An Endangered Species [/b:oiib5gqq][/i:oiib5gqq][/color:oiib5gqq]

[color=black:oiib5gqq][b:oiib5gqq]Jaguar's Wisdom Includes:[/b:oiib5gqq][/color:oiib5gqq][/size:oiib5gqq]
[list:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Seeing the roads within chaos[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Understanding the patterns of chaos[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Moving without fear in the darkness[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Facilitating soul work[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Empowering oneself[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Moving in unknown places[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Shapeshifter[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Psychic sight[/*:m:oiib5gqq][/list:u:oiib5gqq][img:oiib5gqq]https://www.geocities.com/rainforest/407 ... rblack.jpg[/img:oiib5gqq]

[color=black:oiib5gqq][b:oiib5gqq]Black Jaguar's Wisdom Includes :[/b:oiib5gqq][/color:oiib5gqq][/size:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Keeper of the circular time continuum[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]Gatekeeper to the Unknowable[/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq]All wisdom listed above for Jaguar[/*:m:oiib5gqq][/list:u:oiib5gqq]According to Mayan beliefs, the journey of the sun across the sky and the darkness of night stood for the eternal journey of human consciousness and its transformations. The sun at midday was compared to the Eagle, flying high in the sky. Then it plunges below the horizon, just as we plunge into the dark where we face our spiritual challenges and are transformed. The hidden sun was said to be Jaguar, whose spotted skin symbolized the stars glittering in the night sky. Thus, it was called the "Jaguar Sun." Jaguar is the earth father. As earth father, he presides over the sacred power in the earth and the animals who live upon it. The force that lives within the mountains, which gives them their volcanic and transformative power, is the same underworld source of power and energy as the Jaguar Sun. The Mayan word for Jaguar is IX (pronounced eesh).

[img:oiib5gqq]https://www.geocities.com/rainforest/4076/cougarrock.jpg[/img:oiib5gqq]
[color=navy:oiib5gqq][i:oiib5gqq][b:oiib5gqq]Florida Panther and Eastern Puma [/b:oiib5gqq][/i:oiib5gqq][/color:oiib5gqq]
[i:oiib5gqq][b:oiib5gqq][color=navy:oiib5gqq]Critically Endangered Species[/color:oiib5gqq][/b:oiib5gqq][/i:oiib5gqq]

[color=black:oiib5gqq][b:oiib5gqq]Cougar/Mountain Lion/Puma's Wisdom Includes:[/b:oiib5gqq][/color:oiib5gqq][/size:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq][LEFT]Using leadership power wisely and without ego [/LEFT][/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq][LEFT]Balancing power, intention, strength [/LEFT][/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq][LEFT]Gaining self-confidence [/LEFT][/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq][LEFT]Freedom from guilt [/LEFT][/*:m:oiib5gqq]
[*:oiib5gqq][LEFT]Cunning[/LEFT][/*:m:oiib5gqq][/list:u:oiib5gqq]For the Zunis of Turtle Island (Southwest United States), Cougar was the Master Hunter, known for its high intelligence, its knowledge of other animal and life forms, its physical prowess, its strength of will, and its intuitive ability. Cougar sees the maintenance of its territory as essential for its survival. Poshaiankia, the father of the Medicine Societies, designated Cougar the duty of carrying messages from humans to the higher spirits, because of this animal’s personal power, superior knowledge, strength of will, and steadfastness. Therefore, Cougar represents the link between ourselves and the most powerful spirits in Zuni Mythology: Mother Earth, Father Sky, and the Originator of All.
Oh WOW especially Black Jaguars being Gatekeepers of the unknowable!! THANK YOU!!! *Smiles*amazing soul my sis

Much love to you!

Mellie

Hey my dear, here is what I could dig up for now. If you want more detail on a certain one, let me know, I'd love to help more. :) Peace.

Bat-- Initiation into magickal practices, long lived, facer of fears, finder of hidden messages, divination

78 Endangered Bat Species

Bat's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Shamanic death and rebirth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Pollination of new ideas [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Transition [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Initiation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Viewing past lives [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding grief [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]The use of vibrational sound [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Camouflage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Invisibility [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to observe unseen [/LEFT]
Crow-- Resourceful, greedy, tolerated, loud, willing to council others, opinionated Deer-- Gentle, sensitive, generally peaceful, passive, slow reactions, easily startled

Crow/Rook's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Guardian of the place before existence [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to move in space and time [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Honoring ancestors [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Carrier of souls from darkness into light [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Working without fear in darkness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Guidance while working in shadow [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Moves freely in the void [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understands all things related to ethics [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Shapeshifter [/LEFT]
Goat-- Dilligence, willing to work to the top, unbending, no foresight

Goat's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Abundance [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Independence [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Surefootedness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Removing guilty feelings [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding nature energies and beings [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Seeking new heights [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Agility [/LEFT]
Owl-- Insight into the unknown, clear vision, can see all influences around them, hidden hunter
Owl = Silent wisdom and nocturnal vision, healing powers, magical

Owl's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Stealth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Secrecy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Silent and swift movement [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Seeing behind masks [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Keen sight [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Messenger of secrets and omens [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Shape-shifting [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Link between the dark, unseen world and the world of light [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Comfort with shadow self [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Moon magick [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Freedom [/LEFT]
Raven-- Mysterious, ingenuity, distant watcher, keeper of the unknown
Raven = Shapeshifting, messenger or omen, blending human and animal

Raven's Wisdom Includes:
  • Rebirth without fear
  • Ability to tear down what needs to be rebuilt
  • Renewal
  • Ability to find light in darkness
  • Courage of self-reflection
  • Introspection
  • Comfort with self
  • Honoring ancestors
  • Connection to the Crone
  • Divination
  • Change in consciousness
  • New occurrences
  • Eloquence

Seal-- Contentment, peaceful, over-emotional, playful but hard worker

Seal's Wisdom Includes:
  • Protection during change
  • Lucid dreaming
  • Protection from danger
  • Movement through emotions
  • Creativity
Spider-- Teacher, story teller, trickster, weaving deeper bonds and relationships

Grandmother Spider wove the fabric of the universe.
Spider's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Master weaver [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Weaver of the web of fate [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Wisdom [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Creativity [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Divine inspiration [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Shapeshifting [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding the patterns of illusion [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Female energy for the creative force of life [/LEFT]
Squirrel-- Thrifty, well prepared for any disaster, trust worthy, knows how to survive

Squirrel's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Ability to solve puzzles [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Resourcefulness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Quick change of direction [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Storing for the future [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Balance in giving and receiving [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Power of rest during times of non-movement [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Warning [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Discovery [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Change [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Avoiding danger by climbing to a higher place [/LEFT]
Magpie = Occult knowledge, doorway to new realms. wily and willful
[img]https://www.geocities.com/rainforest/407 ... magpie.jpg[/img]

Magpie's Wisdom Includes:
[list]
[*][LEFT]Understanding of the balance of light and [/LEFT][/list]
  • [LEFT]darkness [/LEFT]

[*][LEFT]Seeing in darkness [/LEFT]
    [*][LEFT]Use of ritual in everyday life [/LEFT]
    [*][LEFT]Communication [/LEFT]
    [*][LEFT]Understanding messages from Spirit [/LEFT]
    [*][LEFT]Prophecy [/LEFT]
    [*][LEFT]Intelligence [/LEFT]
    [*][LEFT]Use of voice [/LEFT]
    [*][LEFT]Good luck [/LEFT]
[img]https://www.geocities.com/rainforest/4076/cheetah.jpg[/img]
Swahili Name: Duma

2 Endangered Cheetah Species

Cheetah's Wisdom Includes:
  • Brotherhood
  • Elusiveness
  • Ability to focus intently on something for a short period of time
  • Swiftness
  • Self-esteem
  • Accelerating time
  • Keenness of sight
"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
Albert Einstein [quote=TheRavenMother;43035]Crow/Raven
Magpie
Seal
Cheetah
Goat
Spider
Bat
Owl
Squirrels

For example.

Squirrels are also like spiders, obedient to me - tamed to me, and only me no one else can go near them only me... and they go crazy when I am not in the garden by 8am everyday. Mum used to think its because I feed them, so I stopped feeding them but everyday at 8am they still call me, and they go quiet instantly, all I have to do is just show myself for a couple of seconds and go, to shut them up... I do it to protect them because their screaming at 8am every morning has made a neighbour threaten to shoot them with their air rifle and he told me if I dont sort them out he will use it on them and in UK you get paid to kill squirrels coz the government see them as vermin. :([/quote]

[quote=Patryc;43038]hmm out of those

Crow
Hawk
Eagle
Butterfly
Dragonfly
cat[/quote]

Now for you personally, out of all of the animals in the world. :) Would they be the same? Or do you have more of a connection with different ones?

Let me know, and I will give you a detailed description on the ones you want. ;)
Peace and love to you! *hugs*

[quote=lillies1978;43079]i have a thing for cats...but i really don't know what my animal totem is...i took a silly questionaire test once and it indicated the wolf....some say, cause of a few characteritics it might be a serpent.....so i really don't know...maybe all of them or none:confused: :D

if you know a good way to find out, i would appreciate it...i'd really like to know!

love&light
Sue[/quote]

[CENTER]I put a really good description on here on the totems and spirit animals. :)
Most of the time they will have an amazing way of showing us they are here for us. On a day to day basis, you could see many types, or one can keep coming to you. But when you notice and listen to the lessions they bring you, you can get lots of very interesting helpful advice from nature alone.

Like sometimes, I will be thinking about something that I need an answer for, and I will just than see an animal cross the road or out the window. When I think of what thay animal's medicine means it always brings me the answers and peace of mind.

Cat: Independence
In Egypt cats were always given special privileges and were treated like royalty. In Scandinavia the cat stood for fertility, and in India it is a symbol of childbirth. In ancient times it was believed that witches took the form of their cats at night. Cats are fiercely independent. You can never own one: it allows you to take care of it and love it, but only on its terms. They come and go as they please, when they please. Cat's medicine is independence, curiosity, many lives, cleverness, unpredictability, healing, the ability to fight when cornered, seeing the unseen, and protection. He also represents love and can assist us in meditation. If Cat is your Power Animal, then you have magic and mystery in your life. You are independent and a free thinker. You probably feel energized at night. You will stay with a person or situation until it bores you, and then you're gone. You have a great talent for organizing things. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]CAT
Littlest lion, panther in miniature,
Help me in a my magical endeavors,
Teach me to see my path through dark places,
Help me to sift the necessary from the unnecessary
And to relax and enjoy life.
Strengthened my magic and carry it to its destination.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Mystery, Magic and Independence
A cat totem encourages agility in both body and mind.
You will be challenged with new ideas and places.
The cat gives you clearer perception.
This spirit helper is resourceful, strong and fearless.
It will give you courage and confidence.
Examine the colors, character and behaviors of your Cat.[/CENTER]

Everything about it will reflect in your own life. [CENTER]When a Cat becomes predominant in your life,
[/CENTER]

magic and mystery come alive. [CENTER]Associated with the Norse Goddess of Fertility Freyja

and the Hindu Goddess of Childbirth, Shasthi
and of course, the Egyptian Goddess Bastet who takes the form of a cat.

Peace and love, and Blessings!

[/CENTER]

:D :D ...in the description you gave, one could think you are talking about me...i never brought much awareness to it but my neighbours black cat always awaits me in the drive way and at nighttime she likes to peek into my bedroom window to scare the living shit out of me, lol, it's a black cat(black is my favourite color too) so all you can see at night looking from the inside out is two sparkeling green eyes....i need to get a cat:p i would really love to have one, but this husband of mine.....

thank you, for all the effort and love you put into this, i know you had an extreme tough start here, i think i had quit, i admire you for being so strong!!!

love&blessings
Susanne

MagdaleneGraceMae wrote:[color=seagreen:v6wbnwrl][b:v6wbnwrl]Now for you personally, out of all of the animals in the world. :) Would they be the same? Or do you have more of a connection with different ones?[/b:v6wbnwrl][/color:v6wbnwrl]

[color=seagreen:v6wbnwrl][b:v6wbnwrl]Let me know, and I will give you a detailed description on the ones you want. ;)[/b:v6wbnwrl][/color:v6wbnwrl]
[color=seagreen:v6wbnwrl][b:v6wbnwrl]Peace and love to you! *hugs*[/b:v6wbnwrl][/color:v6wbnwrl]
these ones resonate

Crow
Hawk
Eagle
Butterfly
Dragonfly
cat
Hummingbird
Fox
Scorpion
Ibis / Stork
Tiger

Thankyou Magdalene.

I know what my shadow animals are but not their meanings.

Wild boar
Ferrets/weasles
crane

(and cats, but I am not exactly afraid of cats but they take a big aversion to me)

I am strongly connected to felines like house cats, black panthers, mountain lions and white lions too. At home my mom will see a butterfly every now and then and she'll know that they're me.

What a great thread :)

My current animal totems are:
Fox
Duck
Lion

I'm pretty sure the fox is my power animal. I just recently became aware of the lion. I've worked with all three of them. The duck helped me move through some emotional gripping where I wasn't letting go of emotions from this lifetime. The fox has helped me on oh so many occasions by keeping me energetically camouflaged and protecting me. The lion, so far, has helped at leading me away from situations that do not serve me.

I've always had an affinity for tigers, specifically white tigers. Maybe you will have some interesting feedback about this :)

woot yer ducks are great for letting go - last year I saw a lot of ducks - every time I saw them the words water off a ducks back went through my mind - gave me the heads up on not letting anything in the near future upset me

[quote=lillies1978;43101]:D :D ...in the description you gave, one could think you are talking about me...i never brought much awareness to it but my neighbours black cat always awaits me in the drive way and at nighttime she likes to peek into my bedroom window to scare the living shit out of me, lol, it's a black cat(black is my favourite color too) so all you can see at night looking from the inside out is two sparkeling green eyes....i need to get a cat:p i would really love to have one, but this husband of mine.....

thank you, for all the effort and love you put into this, i know you had an extreme tough start here, i think i had quit, i admire you for being so strong!!!

love&blessings
Susanne[/quote]

Thank you for noticing. :) Yeah, I almost quit out of here, but for some reason I couldn't find a way to delete my profile, and that bugged me. And than I came back on here and tried to contact the person in charge to get him to delete me, and I found a couple sweet kind words that brought me out of my saddness of misunderstandings. I prayed, and the things that followed lead me to believe I needed to stay around for awhile. I am so glad I did, I got to meet people like you, truly beautiful and with so much wisdom to offer the rest of us. Thank you! I love you! Your words have many times healed my aching heart. You truly are a lightworker, and I am blessed to have you in my life now. :)
I'd love to stir up some more love for you if you think of another animal. At points while I am gathering information for people I find myself in tears, weeping for their beauty and truth that I get to see while reading their animal guides and spirits and totems. Since I have gotten to know you a little, reading yours was one of those, that made me truly smile in tears!!!
That alone make me warm throughout my soul. Isn't it so cool how connected we are to animals?
I think you need to get a black cat, for your soul mate. :p
You guys may have a very strong relationship, and it may even help further your advancement spiritually. Just to have one to play with and watch, it could tell you a lot about yourself and your soul. I love you beautiful Woman! Bless you!

Peace and love.

[quote=Patryc;43103]these ones resonate

Crow
Hawk
Eagle
Butterfly
Dragonfly
cat
Hummingbird
Fox
Scorpion
Ibis / Stork
Tiger[/quote]

Here you are my brother, I can see your soul now. :) Very beautiful, just as I thought. Peace and love to you!

[CENTER]Eagle[/CENTER]

45 Endangered Eagle Species

Bald Eagle's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Swiftness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strength [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Courage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Wisdom [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Illumination of Spirit [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Healing [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Creation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Knowledge of magick [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see hidden spiritual truths [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Rising above the material to see the spiritual [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see the overall pattern [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection to spirit guides and teachers [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Great power and balance [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Dignity with grace [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see the "big picture" [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection with higher truths [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Intuitive and creative spirit [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Respect for the boundaries of the regions [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Grace achieved through knowledge and hard work [/LEFT]

Golden Eagle's Wisdom Includes:
  • Illumination
  • Understands the cycles of the Sun
  • All aspects of clear vision
  • The Solar Bird
  • Spiritual power
  • Sees from the highest places
  • Courage
  • Strength

[CENTER]Humming Bird
[/CENTER]

6 Endangered Hummingbird Species
4 Threatened Hummingbird Species

Hummingbirds's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Ability to heal by using light as a laser from mouth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Endurance over long journeys [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to fly into small places to heal [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Joy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Happiness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Love [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Tiger
[/CENTER]

All Species Endangered

Tiger's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Power [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strength and will-power in the face of adversity [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Acting in a timely manner [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Action without analysis [/LEFT]

[CENTER]Fox
[/CENTER]

15 Endangered Fox Species

Fox's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Cleverness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Observational skills [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Cunning [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Stealth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Feminine courage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Persistence [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Gentleness [/LEFT]
Hawk

Hawk's Wisdom Includes:
  • Clear-sightedness
  • Being observant
  • Far-memory
  • Messages from spirit
  • Guardianship
  • Recalling past lives
  • Courage
  • Wisdom
  • Illumination
  • Seeing the larger picture
  • Creativity
  • Truth
  • Experience
  • Wise use of opportunities
  • Overcoming problems
[CENTER]DragonFly[/CENTER]

Damselfly/Dragonfly's Wisdom Includes:
  • Mastery of life on the wing
  • Power of flight
  • Power to escape a blow
  • Understanding dreams
  • Power of light
  • Breaking down illusions
  • Seeing the truth in situations
  • Swiftness
  • Change
  • Connection to Dragon
[CENTER]Scorpion[/CENTER]

Scorpion's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Attacking from the rear [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Death and rebirth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Transmutation of poison [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Reflecting dark and negative energy back to its sender [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Ibis[/CENTER]

Ibis was an important creature to the Egyptians. Ibis was sacred to the Goddess Isis. Thoth, god of the Moon and wisdom, has an ibis head. Thoth, guardian of the Moon Gates, was the deity of record keeping and magick. Thoth, in the form of Ibis, hovered above the Egyptians and taught them the occult arts and sciences.
[LEFT]Ibis' Wisdom Includes: [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection to the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Wisdom [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Enlightenment [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to work with magick spells [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding ancient wisdom [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Cat[/CENTER]

Domestic Cat's Wisdom Includes:
  • Independence
  • Seeing the unseen
  • Protection
  • Love
  • Allows us to dream its dreams
  • Assists in meditation
  • Ability to fight when cornered
[CENTER]Stork[/CENTER]

Stork's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Creation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]New beginnings [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Faithfulness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Protection of the young [/LEFT]
[CENTER]ButterFly[/CENTER]

12 Endangered Butterfly Species

Butterfly/Caterpillar's Wisdom Includes:
  • The power of the whirlwind
  • Reincarnation
  • Transformation
  • Transmutation
  • Magick

[quote=TheRavenMother;43125]Thankyou Magdalene.

I know what my shadow animals are but not their meanings.

Wild boar
Ferrets/weasles
crane

(and cats, but I am not exactly afraid of cats but they take a big aversion to me)[/quote]

The Wild Boar Totem

[LEFT]The Wild Boar has been the symbol of warriors for centuries. The Celts believed that the Boar, which they called Torc or Bacrie, was their ally in war and there are many Celtic myths surrounding this noble animal. Native American Indians make war masks in the likeness of the Wild Boar to frighten and intimidate their enemies. The Boar’s head was used by many cultures as symbols of their countries of coat of arms. In particular Richard III of England took the Wild Boar as his personal Totem and coat of arms. The Wild Boar is mostly seen as a masculine entity and Totem, enriching the male virtues of bravery, nobility and fierceness in battle. The Wild Boar spirit will balance out male energy and ground the more virtuous aspects of the masculine nature.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]The powerful Wild Boar has large tusks that can be deadly. They are fierce animals and signify the warrior spirit. This animal needs close body contact and tends to live in groups of fifty or more. They are clannish in nature but are wary of outsiders.
Wild Boars are mostly thought of as noble and brave animals that enjoy social interaction within their group. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]The Wild Boar possesses many animal virtues that are powerful and valuable and which any person would be wise to emulate or divine. One who has the power of the Wild Boar will see enhanced courage, fearlessness, and nobility; an increased ability to strategize and plan action aimed at obtaining success. Prosperity, re-birth and chivalry are also all part of this noble totem’s magic.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]The Brave Wild Boar Totem possesses the following virtues:
Warrior strength, warrior mind, fierceness in battle, chivalry, nobility, prosperity, strategic skills, deadly accuracy, personal power, re-birth, organization, successful confrontation, comrade, respected leadership and pure masculine energy.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Wild Boar Animal Pearls are said to impart their particular magical virtues to their owner. Wild Boar Pearls are characteristic of its host animal; they possess all the awesome characteristics that may be seen in the Wild Boar itself; the nobility and courage of this animal is contained within the pearl waiting for its proper owner to bestow its inner magic to that unique and fortunate individual. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]For century’s warriors, kings, leaders, strategic planners, army generals, shamans, spiritualists and practitioners of the occult have used Wild Boar animal pearls to transfer the powerful magical energy of the Wild Boar to themselves and to others in need of this commanding animal magic. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Wild Boar pearls are highly sought after by any wishing to absorb Wild Boar virtues into their lives and develop stronger mental abilities such as those embodied by this powerful creature. The owner of a Wild Boar pearl will see their lives, spiritual energy and mental clarity imbued with all of the virtues attributed to the “Warrior” of the lands, the Wild Boar. The Wild Boar animal totem is a strong spirit and its magical properties are one of the most influential of all animal totems. Strength, leadership, courage, warrior strength, nobility, prosperity, and so much more can be integrated into the spirit of the possessor of this magical pearl and the Wild Boar totem.[/LEFT]

Pig/Sow/Boar's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Crone Goddess [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Rooting out the truth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Deep Earth magick [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Past life knowledge [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Intelligence [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Cunning [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Becoming invisible during times of danger [/LEFT]

Weasel's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Stealth [/LEFT]
  • Cunning
  • [LEFT]Ingenuity [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Revenge [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Keen observation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see hidden reasons behind things [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Power of observation [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Crane's Wisdom Includes: [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Symbol of spring and light [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Astral travel [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]New knowledge [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Seeing all things associated with secrets [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Wisdom [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Seeks to help others on their paths [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Longevity [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Elegance [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Using voice uniquely [/LEFT]
[LEFT]CAT-Independence, Grace and Healing[/LEFT]

[quote=ocean_soul;43155]I am strongly connected to felines like house cats, black panthers, mountain lions and white lions too. At home my mom will see a butterfly every now and then and she'll know that they're me.[/quote]

Here you are, this was fun! :) Lots of love to you! Peace.

[CENTER]Panther[/CENTER]

Black Panther's Wisdom Includes:
  • Astral travel
  • Guardian energy
  • Symbol of the feminine
  • Understanding of death
  • Reclaiming ones power
  • Ability to know the dark
  • Death and rebirth
  • Independence
  • Seeing the unseen
  • Protection
  • Love
  • Assists in meditation
Mystery, Magic and Independence
Examine the colors, character and behaviors of your Cat.

Everything about it will reflect in your own life. [CENTER]When a Cat becomes predominant in your life,

magic and mystery come alive. [/CENTER]

Swahili Name: Simba

2 Endangered Lion Species
1 Threatened Lion Species

Lion's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Brotherhood [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Letting go of stress [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strong family ties [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strength [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Courage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Self fullfillment [/LEFT]

An Endangered Species

Snow Leopard's Wisdom Includes:
  • Understanding one’s shadow side
  • Trusting one’s inner self
  • Agility
  • Strength
  • Ability to stalk
  • Understanding the power of silence
[CENTER]COUGAR, MOUNTAIN LION[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Muscles rippling, free on the mountains,
Great cat of cunning, hunting and seeking,
Teach me quietness and stealth of purpose.
Show me the secrets of quiet magic.

Leadership [CENTER]This is a very powerful, but very difficult totem.

Cougar medicine is the lesson of the use of power,
how to be an effective, fair leader and not abuse power.

This totem’s gift is how to balance power, intention, strength and grace.
[CENTER]It is the balance of body, mind and spirit.
The first responsibility of leadership is truth.
Remember: Responsibility is no more than the ability to respond to any situation.
Cougar can teach you how to bring out your power
and fill your heart with it that will enable you to take charge of your life.
You can use Cougar power to defend yourself or to attack. [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]
Butterfly (Dealan-Dé: Many cultures cal butterflies the souls of the dead and the keepers of power. No negative energies will be experienced in any Otherworld area where you see butterflies. They will teach you to free yourself form self-imposed restrictions and to look at problems with greater clarity.

[CENTER]BUTTERFLY
[/CENTER]

Transmutation, Dance of Joy [CENTER]The butterfly is the symbol of change, joy and color.[/CENTER]

It is the symbol of the soul. [CENTER]They remind us that life is a dance,
[CENTER]not to take things quite so seriously.
They also remind us to get up and move.
Dance brings the sweetness of life.

Butterflies bring color and joy to your life.

Look at them and remember what joy is in your life,
if its a lot or a little, it is still joy.
They teach us that growth and transformation does not have to traumatic;
it can occur gently, sweetly, joyfully.
If a butterfly totem has shown up in your life,
make note of the most important issues in your life,
and see what needs to be changed.[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=MagdaleneGraceMae;43495]Here you are my brother, I can see your soul now. :) Very beautiful, just as I thought. Peace and love to you!

[CENTER]Eagle[/CENTER]

45 Endangered Eagle Species

Bald Eagle's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Strength [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Courage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Wisdom [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Illumination of Spirit [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Healing [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Creation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Knowledge of magick [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see hidden spiritual truths [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Rising above the material to see the spiritual [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see the overall pattern [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection to spirit guides and teachers [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Great power and balance [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Dignity with grace [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see the "big picture" [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection with higher truths [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Intuitive and creative spirit [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Respect for the boundaries of the regions [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Grace achieved through knowledge and hard work [/LEFT]

Golden Eagle's Wisdom Includes:
  • Illumination
  • Understands the cycles of the Sun
  • All aspects of clear vision
  • The Solar Bird
  • Spiritual power
  • Sees from the highest places
  • Courage
  • Strength

[CENTER]Humming Bird
[/CENTER]

6 Endangered Hummingbird Species
4 Threatened Hummingbird Species

Hummingbirds's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Ability to heal by using light as a laser from mouth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Endurance over long journeys [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to fly into small places to heal [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Joy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Happiness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Love [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Tiger
[/CENTER]

All Species Endangered

Tiger's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Power [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strength and will-power in the face of adversity [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Acting in a timely manner [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Action without analysis [/LEFT]

[CENTER]Fox
[/CENTER]

15 Endangered Fox Species

Fox's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Cleverness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Observational skills [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Cunning [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Stealth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Feminine courage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Persistence [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Gentleness [/LEFT]
Hawk

Hawk's Wisdom Includes:
  • Clear-sightedness
  • Being observant
  • Far-memory
  • Messages from spirit
  • Guardianship
  • Recalling past lives
  • Courage
  • Wisdom
  • Illumination
  • Seeing the larger picture
  • Creativity
  • Truth
  • Experience
  • Wise use of opportunities
  • Overcoming problems
[CENTER]DragonFly[/CENTER]

Damselfly/Dragonfly's Wisdom Includes:
  • Mastery of life on the wing
  • Power of flight
  • Power to escape a blow
  • Understanding dreams
  • Power of light
  • Breaking down illusions
  • Seeing the truth in situations
  • Swiftness
  • Change
  • Connection to Dragon
[CENTER]Scorpion[/CENTER]

Scorpion's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Attacking from the rear [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Death and rebirth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Transmutation of poison [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Reflecting dark and negative energy back to its sender [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Ibis[/CENTER]

Ibis was an important creature to the Egyptians. Ibis was sacred to the Goddess Isis. Thoth, god of the Moon and wisdom, has an ibis head. Thoth, guardian of the Moon Gates, was the deity of record keeping and magick. Thoth, in the form of Ibis, hovered above the Egyptians and taught them the occult arts and sciences.
[LEFT]Ibis' Wisdom Includes: [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection to the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Wisdom [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Enlightenment [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to work with magick spells [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding ancient wisdom [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Cat[/CENTER]

• Independence
  • Seeing the unseen
  • Protection
  • Love
  • Assists in meditation
[CENTER]Stork[/CENTER]

Stork's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Creation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]New beginnings [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Faithfulness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Protection of the young [/LEFT]
[CENTER]ButterFly[/CENTER]

12 Endangered Butterfly Species

Butterfly/Caterpillar's Wisdom Includes:
  • The power of the whirlwind
  • Reincarnation
  • Transformation
  • Transmutation
  • Magick
[/QUOTE]

awesome - thanks so much Magdelene

most appreciated - might have to print these up and put them on my wall :)

The Wild Boar has been the symbol of warriors for centuries. The Celts believed that the Boar, which they called Torc or Bacrie, was their ally in war and there are many Celtic myths surrounding this noble animal.
Thank you, omg, for ages I have had nightmares of wild boars because they are animals associated with the enemy from the old world – in the old world there was another enemy who was not associated with the boars called Tork, this is very strange, never knew this before now. Thank you.
This makes sense to me because Tork was very powerful like a Merlin figure in the old world, and he assisted in the creation of the great mirrors which put me and many others on Earth.
It is making me think… because there is some spirit who I see in and out of sleeping dreams who is relatively new by 6yrs to me, and there is no memory of him in the old world – it is making me wonder if he is tricking me in believing there is more enemies than there really is, to unnerve me. Sorry if I sound crazy, sometimes things I know sound crazy to me too.
Well anyways, whatever, the wild boar has been trained like vicious dogs to attack my people when we was back on the old world.
The Brave Wild Boar Totem possesses the following virtues:
Warrior strength, warrior mind, fierceness in battle, chivalry, nobility, prosperity, strategic skills, deadly accuracy, personal power, re-birth, organization, successful confrontation, comrade, respected leadership and pure masculine energy.
It explains why also this is a shadow animal, as I am pretty modest about most things, I don’t like the idea of fame but in so many cases its offered to me on the plate, but I like anonymity – in my life I am thrown into situations where I am the centre of attention, thrown on stage for this and that, main spokesperson, or involved with famous people who want to talk to me and offered worked in studios etc. I don’t need to make effort it comes to me – and I don’t like this, coz fame scares me. I also don’t take well to praise when I do something brave etc, I have the attitude anyone can do it big deal! I am afraid of success, even though I always seem to succeed because of the people I know and my personality. I don’t like things to come easy, and I don’t take offers up through other people – because I am independent like that. SO I do nothing until I do it myself without a leg up.
Until recently I used to have a strong phobia of men too – and looking and acting too masculine my self, but this has gone now.
In many of my dreams, the kings of the old world has hunted the boar for me to protect me from lucid harm, which I seem to get a lot in dreams… and when they kill the boar they want me to eat the meat of the boar to give me strength, but I always refuse.

Finally... :)

Finally... :)

[quote=Benares;43446]What a great thread :)

My current animal totems are:
Fox
Duck
Lion

I'm pretty sure the fox is my power animal. I just recently became aware of the lion. I've worked with all three of them. The duck helped me move through some emotional gripping where I wasn't letting go of emotions from this lifetime. The fox has helped me on oh so many occasions by keeping me energetically camouflaged and protecting me. The lion, so far, has helped at leading me away from situations that do not serve me.

I've always had an affinity for tigers, specifically white tigers. Maybe you will have some interesting feedback about this :)[/quote]

Well this leads me to believe you are a truly sweet man. :) I have always had a thing for the White Tiger as well, mostly when I was a kid. But you have brought it back into my life now. :)
You seem very much in contact with nature/animals, truly beautiful! :)
Glad to do this for you, may it bless you! Peace and love. *Hugs*

[CENTER]The White Tiger
Spirit of White Tiger
Role:
~Seeker of Personal Truth ~
Lesson:
Power of Conviction
Element:
Fire
Wind:
South, Recalling the ~Inner Child~
Medicine:
Uniqueness [/CENTER]

[CENTER]With Power and Strength, you glide through the night,
silent as the mist that evaporates with
the first rays of morning light
Eyes, glowing with a blue fire that reflect both water and sky,
you stare deeply into the Soul, leaving nothing unknown,
for all is revealed before your penetrating gaze
Keenest of all is the gaze you turn Inward,
searching the depths of your restless spirit
in a quest to know your Self
The Hunt for Personal Truth is called
. . . and swiftly answered
When the Truth is revealed, torn free from the grasp of the past,
any fear felt is faced with stealthy observation
and unrelenting determination,
for Fear now is the Prey
~Keywords~[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Divining Personal Truth Strength through Conviction
Uniqueness Individuality
Shadow & Light
Power[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Divining Personal Truth
The White Tiger’s hide of white with dark brown stripes provides near perfect camouflage during the hours of dawn and dusk, the hours during which he/she is most likely to hunt for food. Being thus endowed, the white of the tiger appears to the eyes of potential prey, to be innocuous areas of sunlight in the forest or jungle, while the stripes provide the illusion of shadow. Thus, it is believed that this is a spirit that dwells in both the world of darkness (physical realm) as well as that of the light (spirit realm).
***One who is blessed to have White Tiger walk beside them, is here with the Role to Seek Personal Truth. Yet in order to thoroughly understand and absorb the lessons and responsibilities of this role, White Tiger Soul need first acknowledge the shadows that exist ~Within.~
The shadows that are represented by the dark stripes of the White Tiger, may be in the form of beliefs or behaviors which bring pain either to the Self or to Others, fear turned inward, which ultimately manifests as hatred or anger, or Untruths which he/she has borne, either through the act of omission or the direct voicing of Untruth.
Yet the challenge here is acknowledgment and the facing of Personal Truths free of judgment, self retribution or placing the "responsibility" onto another. Instead, true integration and acknowledgment of Personal Truths comes from accepting what is revealed with an open and understanding heart, while operating with the Higher Intent to change what is ultimately harmful, painful or no longer of service to the growth of the individual soul along its Life Path.
Once this self-examination and soul level ~cleansing~ has been accomplished, White Tiger Soul may then become the gleaming example to his/her fellow two-leggeds of the gift and beauty of operating from Personal Truth.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Strength through Conviction
The male White Tiger can average ten feet long and weigh nearly 500 pounds, with the female being slightly smaller at an average of nine feet long and weighing in at around 300 pounds. Typical life span of the White Tiger varies between fifteen and twenty years, though some tigers have been known to live for as long as thirty years.
This magnificent creature is a deadly predator with the ability to take down prey that ranges from small wild boar, to large buffalo. They can reach speeds of 35 miles an hour in pursuit of their prey, however they rely more upon their ability to stalk (being well camouflaged by their stripes) and their lethal pounce, than their ability to outrun their prey.
It only takes one look at the beauty, grace and power of this wonderful animal to recognize that this is a being of incredible Strength.
***White Tiger is drawn to a soul that has a powerful sense of conviction and inner strength. Therefore, one who is blessed with this Power Totem will have strong ideas of what is "right" and "wrong," and will stand by this personal belief system, even if that means leaping in the face of popular opinion.
Naturally, this may either engender one to be an advocate of such issues as political and philosophical freedoms, or they may feel compelled to be a champion for the ~under-dogs~ of life. However, if one is operating from Contrary White Tiger Medicine, the impulse may lean toward a judgmental attitude to any individuals who do not share their thoughts or feelings on what constitutes "right" and "wrong" thoughts, actions or deeds, or they may be arrogant in the assumption that their opinion is the only "valid" one.
Regardless of whether White Tiger Soul is operating from Higher Intent or Contrary Medicine, these individuals will be well known for their outspokenness and strength of conviction. They are here to teach us the importance of knowing ones inner values and beliefs, and to instruct us to align the way in which we walk our Path so it is in keeping with our belief system.
When one chooses to operate from the higher vibration of White Tiger, an impassioned voice may be raised as an advocate for Balance and Acceptance, a Teacher of Fundamental Philosophy might be born, or a Leader may emerge to guide the way along the path of Universal Truth.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Uniqueness
The White Tiger is from the Bengal sub-species of Panthera Tiger is and its white coat, blue eyes and pink nose are formed from a double recessive gene, giving them a truly special and wonderfully unique appearance.
All tigers, including the White Tiger, are not typical of their other feline cousins in that they not only tolerate water, they actually enjoy swimming, playing and indulging themselves in ponds and streams and will spend a good deal of the hot days in frolicking in and around water sources.
Sadly, this Tiger is on the Endangered Species list, warning us that this magnificent and beautiful creature is threatened with complete extinction unless we, as guardians of the Earth Mother and all the dwell upon Her, act consciously to preserve this awesome animal.
***Much like their Power Totem, White Tiger Souls are individuals in every sense of the word and pride themselves upon standing apart from the group. It is this inner drive to be recognized for their unique contributions, that will often propel he/she who walks with White Tiger, into positions of public attention and recognition. Consequently, many leaders who have elicited sweeping changes and reformation have had the blessing of White Tiger.
White Tiger reminds us that although we are All One, it is the specialized contribution of the Individual that begins the spark that later becomes the blazing torch that illuminates the night, growing brighter with each individual spirit that contributes their own unique Light.
If White Tiger manifests the Contrary Medicine, then he/she may be the proverbial rebel without a cause, tossing a stone into a calm lake without the intent of a Higher Good being served and merely to watch the ripples spread outward.
Yet when the powerful and highly individualized energies so abundant with this Totem can be harnessed and channeled in a constructive manner, then their gift of Uniqueness can spread lasting changes that benefit the Whole. The resulting manifestation is as a brilliant star in a night sky beckoning all to partake in the beauty and fire of Life.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Passion, Power, Devotion
The Tiger is the symbol of darkness
and the new Moon.
When a Tiger totem enters your life,
expect new adventures.[/LEFT]

It will awaken new passion and power. [LEFT]Tiger people do their best work at night.

They are very sensual and passion people and devoted parents.
Your best work will be done at night.
Tigers are associated with water and have all the properties of the element of Water –
healing, power through gentle flow, feminine energies.
In China, there are 5 mystic tigers:
The red tiger is south, summer and fire,
the black tiger is the symbol of north, winter and water,
the blue tiger is east, spring and vegetation,
the white tiger is west, autumn and all metals,
the yellow tiger is ruler of the Earth and its energies.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Tiger: caution, appropriate timing, stealth[/LEFT]

[CENTER]DUCK[/CENTER]

[img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictures/ducks.jpg[/img][LEFT]Emotional Comfort and Protection[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Ducks are connected to feminine energies, the astral plane and emotions through their connection with water.
Ducks remind us to drink deeply from the waters of life.
Find comfort in your element and with those of like mind and spirit.
Ducks teach you how to maneuver through the waters of life with grace and comfort. Psychologist and therapists often have Ducks as a totem, assisting them to help others move through emotional tangles.[/LEFT]

[CENTER]

24 Endangered Duck Species[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Duck's Wisdom Includes:[/CENTER]
  • [LEFT]Grace on water [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Water energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Seeing clearly through emotions [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Spirit helper of mystics and seers [/LEFT]
Duck:female-mothering energy, male-coping with stress
Ducks: emotional comfort and protection
[CENTER]FOX[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Stealthy messenger of the gods,
Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
Guide my steps through this maze of deception
And see this problem to its end.[/CENTER]

Magic, Shapeshifting, Invisibility [LEFT]Fox are seen as totems throughout the world:

the Chinese believed they could take human form,
in Egypt the fox brought favor from the gods,
there was a fox god in Peru,
foxes help the dead get to the next life in Persia,
Cherokees, Hopi other American Indian tribes
believed in its healing power;[/LEFT]

the Apache credited the fox with giving man fire. [LEFT]Since the fox lives "between times" --

on the edge of land, visible as dusk and dawn, and can guide the way to the Faerie Realm.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]A fox can teach you to control your aura so that you can be more in harmony with others and the world.
If you have a fox totem, learning to be invisible is very important in your life.
Imagine yourself blending in with your surroundings, becoming part of the background.
Be very still and quiet.
Through practice you can be unnoticed even at a party or in a crowd.
I have an acquaintance who used this power to evade several muggers;
he stood there in plain sight next to a building ,
and blended himself into the wall;
they did not see him and left without harming him. It can be done!
A fox totem also teaches good eating habits;
the fox eats small amounts frequently which medicine is now telling us is better for our health.
But fox people already knew this.
The fox is a wonderful totem to have.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Fox: cleverness, adaptability, cunning, subtlety, discretion[/LEFT]

[CENTER]LION[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Creature of the Sun Lord, beloved of the Lady,
Reveal to me the ancient methods of magic.
Walk beside me as I grow in strength and courage.
Show me when to keep ties strong and when to break them.
Help me to understand the times for work and the times for rest.
Mighty lion, lend me your energies.[/CENTER]

Lion: Feminine Power
The Lion is the symbol of the sun and of gold. Medieval alchemists associated Lion with sulfur. A Lion totem presents a lesson in dealing with groups and your role within those groups. It is a totem for avoiding confrontations and for stealth. Take the easy way to meet your goals; do not confront them head on. A Lion totem tells you to trust your feminine energies – creativity, intuition and imagination. But don’t be afraid to roar if threatened.

Swahili Name: Simba
2 Endangered Lion Species
1 Threatened Lion Species

Lion's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Brotherhood [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Letting go of stress [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strong family ties h[/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strength [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Courage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Self fullfillment [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Lion: association with the sun, courage, nobleness, prosperity[/LEFT]

[quote=MiamiSound;43503]bat
cat
manta
panda
snake[/quote]

Panda was once my power animal when I was a kid. :) I liked finding you these really cool pictures. ;) (For some reason I thought you'd like them.) Bless you beautiful human! Deep and powerful.
Peace and love to you! *Hugs*
[CENTER]BAT[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Dark night flyer, lift me higher
Realms of life where loved ones go,
That I might find joy mind to mind,
My heart hurt less. I miss them so.
Teach me that death can hurt much less
If I accept it as no end,
But see it true, just another view
Of life continuing round a bend.[/CENTER]

Transition, Rebirth [LEFT]A Bat totem appearing in your life[/LEFT]

is a call for the end of a way of life and the beginning of another. [LEFT]You must face your greatest fears[/LEFT]

and get rid of the part of your life that no longer is needed.
This transition is very frightening for many:
[LEFT]"better the devil you know..."
But you will not grow spiritually until the old parts are gone.[/LEFT]
Face the darkness before you and you will find the light in rebirth.

78 Endangered Bat Species
Bat's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Shamanic death and rebirth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Pollination of new ideas [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Transition [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Initiation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Viewing past lives [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding grief [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]The use of vibrational sound [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Bat-Intuition, insight, flight, sensitive hearing, pollination, death and rebirth, transition, new beginnings[/LEFT]

[CENTER]Bat[/CENTER]
Bat is the medicine of rebirth. It is though this energy that we learn to die a ritual death and be reborn. This death symbolizes a death of our old ways of life, and our personal identity, bring about the rebirth of the spiritual entity that we truly are.

[LEFT]CAT
Cat (Domestic)Independence, playfulness, ferocity, healing, mystery, childbirth, magick, curiosity, clever, vain[/LEFT]

[LEFT][img]https://www.thecatgallery.com/images/cat-and-pears2.JPG[/img][/color][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT]Mystery, Magic and Independence
Examine the colors, character and behaviors of your Cat.
Everything about it will reflect in your own life.
When a Cat becomes predominant in your life,[/LEFT]
magic and mystery come alive.
[LEFT]Associated with the Norse Goddess of Fertility Freyja [/LEFT]

and the Hindu Goddess of Childbirth, Shasthi
[LEFT]and of course, the Egyptian Goddess Bastet who takes the form of a cat.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

[list]
[*]Independence
[*]Seeing the unseen
[*]Protection
[*]Love
[*]Allows us to dream its dreams
[*]Assists in meditation
[*]Ability to fight when cornered[/list][LEFT][/COLOR]
[img]https://www.thecatgallery.com/images/mink-tummy.jpg[/img][/color][/LEFT]

Did you mean Manta Ray? (hope so).

Manta Ray's Wisdom Includes:
  • Ability to swim slowly through emotional waters
  • Positive use of size in one’s life
  • Understanding differences
[CENTER]Panda[/CENTER]

An Endangered Species
Panda's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Understanding the value of slowness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection to Eastern beliefs [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Balance [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Adaptability [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection to the Plant Kingdom [/LEFT]
[CENTER]PANDA[/CENTER]

Gentle Strength [LEFT]Since a Panda’s diet consists of 99% bamboo, the study of bamboo is very important to this totem. Bamboo has strength yet flexibility. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Its shoots are a delicacy,
bamboo discs were used for money,
bamboo symbolizes youth in China,
and herbal remedies were written on its bark [/LEFT]

in the Han dynasty. [LEFT]Both the Panda and bamboo reflect a quiet, unassuming essence – one that is modest and strong at the same time. For those with a Panda totem, it is very important not to take on more projects than you can handle. Be sure to fully develop a project before taking on a new one. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Focus is the key to all your endeavors.[/LEFT]

[CENTER]Snake[/CENTER]

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Snake/Serpent's Wisdom Includes:
  • Messanger of the Rainbow Serpent
  • Elusiveness
  • Manipulates lightning
  • Transmutation
  • Exploration of the mysteries of life
  • Primitive or elemental energy
  • Protection from religious persecution
  • Goddess energy
  • Psychic energy
  • Creative power
  • Immortality
  • Connection to or forms the magic cord by which the shaman travels to the soul world

[LEFT]SNAKE[/LEFT]

[LEFT]

Wisdom, Healing, Initiation
This a powerful totem -- it is
the symbol of transformation and healing.
The Snake is wisdom expressed through healing. [/LEFT]

The Snake is the symbol of eternity. [LEFT]It is a protector and guardian totem, [/LEFT]

[LEFT]along with its sister totems, the Dragon and the Serpent.
If a snake totem has come into your life, your creative forces are awakening.
Your intuition will sharpen and be more accurate.
Snake energy is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and
the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance.
It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]It also signals a transition in your life.
New opportunities and/or changes.
Snake is fire medicine, the medicine of transmutation.
On a material level, it is vitality; on an emotional level, it is ambition and dreams; on a mental level, it is intellect and power; on a spiritual level (the highest level), it is wisdom, understanding and wholeness.
Snake magic is heavy magic. [/LEFT]

Become the Magician and transmute the energy and accept the power of the fire.
[LEFT]The Snake is one of the symbols of Thoth.[/LEFT]

Snake-Symbolises transformation and the shedding of ones skin.

[CENTER]Snake[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Snake medicine is a powerful medicine that is the power of creation. Snake embodies our sexuality, psychic energies, reproduction, and our immortality.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Glad you are my friend! [/LEFT]

You are truly amazing!!! I love you too!!!
:) Glad to have you in my life. :)

[quote=LadyElement;43676]Did I mention today my dear sister you are absolutely amazing! and I love you![/quote]

This is such a cool post.. i love animals =P

I was told I have an Owl totem. A white owl. I would love to know some more about it..

also how do you really find out? i guess its the same way as meeting a spirit guide.. but i haven't met any of those either.. still working on it.

[quote=Lickdafoot;43703]This is such a cool post.. i love animals =P

I was told I have an Owl totem. A white owl. I would love to know some more about it..

also how do you really find out? i guess its the same way as meeting a spirit guide.. but i haven't met any of those either.. still working on it.[/quote]

Well the great thing about animal guides is, you see them everyday. If you keep seeing certain ones over and over, than they are probably trying to tell you something or are here to help you or are your totem animal or one of your animal guides or one of your spirit animals. I get this feeling when I see an animal that it is there for me, it's so amazing. And once you start to pay attention, you'll start seeing more and more, and that alone will cause a very close bond with nature and animals. You could even ask for them to come to you, so you can know what your other ones are, they will listen to you. :) Let me know if you see any since reading this, I'd love to get you more info on ones that contact you now that you are listening to their way of communication. :) Much love to you! *hugs*
Peace.

The Snowy Owl
The magnificent snowy owl is larger than the great horned, but it is most noted for its white coloring. It is found in the open tundra of the arctic, but it will migrate as far south as is necessary to find food.
Most owls hunt by night, but like the short-eared owl, the snowy is at home both night and day It can hunt in full sunlight or total darkness. It has the unique ability to open and close its iris to adjust to whatever light intensities (or lack of) there may be.
The snowy owl hunts predominantly by sitting and waiting. They seem to hunt lazily and often appear to be resting. This is far from true. They conserve their energy; and they are continually observant going into action when the opportunity presents itself. This sense of timing is part of what the snowy owl can teach.
Its primary prey are lemmings and arctic hares. These should be studied by anyone with this bird as a totem. It will usually eat its weight in food everyday, and like the short-eared owl, it has a knack for moving to areas where food supplies will more likely be found. It seems to instinctually detect possible famine periods and thus is able to move at the opportune times and return as well. This kind of prophetic instinct is part of what this bird can teach. It has the power of prophecy and spirit.
When the snowy moves into a new area, it does not proclaim its presence. It enters quietly and goes about its own business. This is part of what makes it successful. It can teach us this same ability. When it walks, its talons are withdrawn into its well- padded feet. Again this reflects its ability to be non- threatening in spite of its power and ability. It accomplishes its tasks with timing and skill, not through intimidation. True strength is gentle and this is what the snowy teaches.
This is a very skillful bird at the game of survival. Even the young can sprint, swim, and even play dead if it is necessary assuming an almost torpid state. This bird seems to embody the strength and power of the great horned, while having the temperament of the barred. And on top of it all it has the skill, courage, and talents of the short-eared.

Chant:
[CENTER]Soft darkness of night, a time of deep magick,
Your realm, great owl whose eyes see reality in the darkness.
I would call up wise and deep magicks,
Magicks bold and strong, creating change.[/CENTER]

[img]https://www.illinoisraptorcenter.org/Fie ... unbath.jpg[/img][/FONT]
[img]https://www.illinoisraptorcenter.org/Fie ... wyvert.jpg[/img][/FONT]
[img]https://www.illinoisraptorcenter.org/Fie ... owypix.jpg[/img]

Owl's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Stealth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Secrecy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Silent and swift movement [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Seeing behind masks [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Messenger of secrets and omens [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Shape-shifting [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Link between the dark, unseen world and the world of light [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Comfort with shadow self [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Moon magick [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Freedom [/LEFT]
[CENTER]OWL[/CENTER]

[CENTER][img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictures/owl.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

[LEFT]Magic, Omens, Wisdom
The owl is the symbol of
the feminine, the moon and the night.
The owl is the bird of magic and darkness,
of prophecy and wisdom. [/LEFT]

The owl is associated with Athena. [LEFT]An owl totem gives you the power[/LEFT]

[LEFT]to extract secrets.
Meditate on the owl and things will be revealed.
Listen to its voice inside of you.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]You will hear not what is being said by others, but what is hidden. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]You can detect subtleties of voice that others cannot.
People cannot deceive a person who has an owl totem.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Owl people can see into the darkness of others souls.
Most owl people are clairvoyant because of this ability.
It can be very scary at times.
Learn to trust your instincts about people.
Let your owl totem guide you. [/LEFT]
[CENTER][img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictures/owl-snowy.jpg[/img]
Snowy Owl
Conserve your energy until the time is right; be observant of your surroundings.
Has the power of prophecy.
[img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictures/ow-barn.jpg[/img]
Barn Owl
This totem reflects the ability to the heart and the mind.
It can connect you to spirits and the houses that they haunt.
Mediums and “ghost hunters” often have this totem.
This totem can give you very strong clairvoyant abilities.
[img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictur ... potted.jpg[/img]
Barred or Spotted Owl
People with totem can appear threatening on the outside,
but are actually very benign.
This Owl can teach us how to use your voice to great effect.
Screech Owl
Very courageous and ferocious, this Owl teaches you how to be a fierce individual
with an ability to cooperate with others.
[img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictures/owl-short.jpg[/img]
Short-Eared Owl
This Owl gives you the ability to show up at the right place –
to take advantage of opportunity.
The Owl represents a blend of fire and air; they stir a passion for life
and fire the inspiration. [/CENTER]

They awaken the imagination. [CENTER][img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictures/ow-horned.jpg[/img]

Great Horned Owl
[CENTER]This Owl is a fierce protector.
It is the lunar opposite of the Red-Tailed Hawk (who represents the Sun).
Gives the ability to adapt to constant changing environments.
The harbinger of Spring.
Does not have a good sense of smell and may impart this trait to its totem people.[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]The Owl Totem[/CENTER]

The Owl Totem indicates magic and omens, knowledge and of course, great wisdom. They are creatures of the night and the moon. Owls figure into many myths and legends. They have many names in many cultures; the American Indian tribe, the Cherokee’s called them Uguuk, the Russians Sovah, and the Ecuadorians call them Huhua. They are the spirit and animal totem of Athena the Goddess of Wisdom and she was often portrayed with an Owl perched upon her shoulder.

So much myth and legend surrounds the mighty Owl that it is impossible to list them all with any brevity. The Native Americans associate the Owl with magic, astral travel, and clairvoyance. They have the power to see what is unseen. Shaman, witches and sorcerers were very fond of the Owl as a totem and spiritual guide. Owls are said to be able to see through deception to the truth contained beneath the lies. Indian folklore and Greek legend portrays them as helpers of man and givers of prophecy. In the Middle Ages of Europe wealth, abundance and riches were associated with them.

Owls are well known by mystics to be able to sense those with magical powers and can see the good or evil in people. They are messengers of the Gods, and the Universe to many cultures. To the Celts associated the Owl with the ability to guide others through and to the underworld. They will unmask those who seek to take advantage of ones kindness and reveal the hidden motives of those who seek to disguise their real intentions to those wise enough to seek their counsel.

The Owl is a silent and swift hunter; they are nocturnal and hunt only at night. Their eyesight is very keen and their night vision is even better than their day vision. Their hearing is among the best in the Bird Kingdom. They rest and sleep in the morning and afternoon hours. Owls come in many sizes, from the very small miniatures, some of which live inside cactuses to the Great Grey Owl with a wing span of five feet. They usually dine on small rodents, insects, frogs and bats. Their natural habits range from the Northern, Central and Southern United States to Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and throughout all of Canada and Australia. There are over two-hundred species of Owl in the world today.

Owls come in a variety of colors, including, snowy white, bronze, brown, black, charcoal, and grey; there are also Owls which display a variety of colors as well as spotted, striped and speckled Owls. They are quite a beautiful bird and one can consider themselves lucky if they get an opportunity to see one up close in the wild. The distinctive and infamous hoot of an Owl is one of the most unmistakable bird calls in the entire Bird Kingdom. However, most Owls do not “hoot” or simply hoot; many hiss, screech, whistle, purr and chirp. They have a variety of sounds in their repertoire of calls which vary by what they want to convey or by the species. The Romans believed the hoot of an Owl indicated that a death was forthcoming. The deaths of Julies Caesar, Augustus and Agrippa were all predicted by the hoot of an Owl.

To watch an Owl in the wild is to truly experience its grace and magnetism; sturdy strength, and still watchfulness. They are not ordinarily aggressive but they are rather shy. Most roost alone, some roost in pairs, and still others roost in groups. Groups of Owls are called a Parliament. They will guard their roost and offspring fiercely. Barn Owls mate for life and both parents feed and care for their young. Their talons are razor sharp as are their beaks; they do not have many natural predators, but rather are predators of the animal kingdom.

The Superlative Owl Totem possesses the following virtues:
Powerful magic, good omens, prophecy, astral travel, power to see the un-seen, all seeing knowledge, great wisdom, good luck, power of the moon and night, insight, giving and receiving messages, clairvoyance, religious beliefs, communication with the sprit world, and insight into others true motives.

Owl Animal Pearls are said to impart their particular magical virtues to their owner. Owl Pearls are characteristic of its host; they possess all the awe-inspiring characteristics that may be seen in the Owl itself; the dignity and grace of this animal is contained within the pearl waiting for its proper owner to bestow its inner magic to that unique and fortunate individual.

For century’s shamans, priestesses, witches, sorcerers, wizards, spiritualists and practitioners of the occult have used Owl animal pearls to transfer the powerful magical energy of the Owl to themselves and to others in need of this commanding animal magic.

Owl pearls are highly sought after by any wishing to absorb Owl like virtues into their lives and develop stronger mental abilities such as those embodied by this magnificent creature. The owner of an Owl pearl will see their lives, spiritual energy and mental clarity imbued with all of the virtues attributed to the “Wisest” of the bird kingdom the Owl.

The Owl animal totem is a strong spirit indeed and its magical properties are one of the most influential of all animal totems. Strength, virtue, clairvoyance and so much more can be integrated into the spirit of the possessor of this magical pearl and the Owl totem.

[QUOTE=MagdaleneGraceMae;43706]Well the great thing about animal guides is, you see them everyday. If you keep seeing certain ones over and over, than they are probably trying to tell you something or are here to help you or are your totem animal or one of your animal guides or one of your spirit animals. I get this feeling when I see an animal that it is there for me, it's so amazing. And once you start to pay attention, you'll start seeing more and more, and that alone will cause a very close bond with nature and animals. You could even ask for them to come to you, so you can know what your other ones are, they will listen to you. :) Let me know if you see any since reading this, I'd love to get you more info on ones that contact you now that you are listening to their way of communication. :) Much love to you! *hugs*[/QUOTE]

Hi Magdalene, thank you so much for the responce! Its very itneresting what you say about animal totems.. I've only seen an owl maybe 2 or 3 times in my life, but the times that I did, i was in awe by it =) What if someone has an animal totem that is exotic or one that lives in area far away from them? How would they see it? I've asked once today and yeasterday to see my animal, but I haven't seen many today.. I see a lot of birds but I think they are common in my area. But I'll keep on the lookout! I'd love to know what other animals are in my circle =P Thanks for your help

[quote=rug;43741]hi maggie grace mae

do you have any thoughts on woodpeckers? ooh and chipmunks as well

your awesome[/quote]

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. We've had a busy time, and this is the first time I could even check this.

I love the woodpecker! We had one living in our back yard for about two years, and when it's tree finally fell, we haven't seen it since. I miss it!

Chipmunks were a childhood favorite of mine. :) They are so cute!
Glad to have done this for me. Let me know if you see or feel the energy of any others. :) Peace and love.

[CENTER]WOODPECKER[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Power of Rhythm [LEFT]The drumming song of the Woodpecker[/LEFT]

[LEFT]is the heartbeat of the Earth.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]When a Woodpecker totem enters your life,
it indicates that the foundation is there and it is safe to follow through.
It will stimulate new rhythms.[/LEFT]

It reflects a wakening of new mental faculties. [LEFT]You may be so wrapped up in mental and spiritual activities[/LEFT]

[LEFT]that you've neglected the physical.[/LEFT]

Listen to your body's rhythms and sounds and heed what it is telling you. [LEFT]The Woodpecker is sacred to Zeus, God of Thunder,[/LEFT]

[LEFT]and the oracle of Mars (Ares), God of War.
Shamans can ride the drumbeats of the Woodpecker's rhythm
into another dimension, space and time.[/LEFT]

Woodpecker/Sapsucker's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Connection to the earth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to find hidden layers [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understands rhythms, cycles and patterns [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Warnings [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Prophecy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Associated with thunder [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]The Earth's drummer [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Pecks away at deception until the truth is revealed [/LEFT]
[CENTER]CHIPMUNK[/CENTER]

Chipmunk's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Gathering [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to regulate usage [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Saving for future use [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to carry ones nourishment (both spiritual and physical) with them [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to see both light and shadow [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Mobility [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Cuteness [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Work and Play[/CENTER]

[LEFT]When Chipmunk appears in our lives,
it is important to keep new projects protected and out of sight
during the first 6-week period.
A Chipmunk has a very complex burrow that offers protection [/LEFT]

for their young (new projects) with several exits and storage chambers. [LEFT]Chipmunk also shows you how to store for a rainy day, [/LEFT]

protecting you for any future problems. [LEFT]This totem can teach you how to read the voices of others. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]To know truth and lies in their voices.
Trust what you hear in their voice rather than their actual words.[/LEFT]

Sorry it took me so long...

Sorry it took me so long...

[quote=Lickdafoot;43925]Hi Magdalene, thank you so much for the responce! Its very itneresting what you say about animal totems.. I've only seen an owl maybe 2 or 3 times in my life, but the times that I did, i was in awe by it =) What if someone has an animal totem that is exotic or one that lives in area far away from them? How would they see it? I've asked once today and yeasterday to see my animal, but I haven't seen many today.. I see a lot of birds but I think they are common in my area. But I'll keep on the lookout! I'd love to know what other animals are in my circle =P Thanks for your help[/quote]

Well, some times you'll just have a love and interest for a certain animal even if it's not native to where you live. That usually means it is one of your animals. They can come to you in visions and dreams as well. You can call upon ones for certain areas in your life, if a certain animal has medicine that can help with an issue. Some times an animal will be there with you always, other times, it may only come around when you need it, or need to hear a certain message.

Like at one point I was looking to buy land and I would just go out and drive to try to find some, I'd see a ton of squirrels, and I knew they were telling me that my "plans for the future" are all scattered and not focused. I knew they were telling me to not be wasting so much energy and time until I KNOW JUST what my plan is going to be.

You may want to try to identify the birds you see, because each bird has it's own medicine and teachings. So it may be fun to try to find out what birds you are seeing. :)
You can ask your animal guides to show themselves to you, and most likely within a month or sooner you'll start really noticing certain animals around. I would love to help with this in any way that I can. If you have had certain animals that you always felt like were just like you and how you are and you do things, than chances are it could be one of your spirit animals or your main totem. :)
Lots of love and peace to you! *hugs*

Hi, thanks you are so sweet :) Yeah i feel that way about the owl... like reading about the way it acts reminds me of me. other than that, its hard for me to really know because i have love for all animals, hehe..

what about a flying squirrel? I seem to see a lot of chickadees and black birds.. But i'm going to try to keep asking for my animals to show themselves. Also do you have info on elephants or turtles.. i know thats a lot hehe, i really appreciate it!!!

[quote=Roier;44857]Wasps.

don't forget wasps, they are hard

to forget or to remember, I don't mind.[/quote]

I think Wasp wisdom be would perfect for us indigos. :)

[CENTER]WASP[/CENTER]

Wasps are of the same genus as bees.
As such, symbolic meaning of wasps deal with:
  • order
  • construction
  • community
  • involvement
  • development
  • progress
  • team-work
  • productivity
African traditions, the wasp is a symbol of evolution, and control over our life circumstances.
The Wasp asks us these questions when it comes into our lives:
“Are all my affairs in order?”
“Am I aligning myself with my goals?”
“Am I procrastinating about something?”
“Am I keeping myself from reaching my highest potential?”
“Am I allowing my progress to be held back by others?”

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Wasp/Hornet/Yellowjacket's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Use of female warrior energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Sisterhood [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding female societies [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Communal living [/LEFT]
[CENTER]BEE[/CENTER]

[img]https://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pictures/bee.jpg[/img][LEFT]Fertility and the Honey of Life,[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Accomplishing the Impossible[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Bees are the symbol of fertility and sexuality.
Its honeycomb, a hexagon, is the symbol of the heart and
represents the sweetness of life found within our own heart.
It is also the symbol of the sun and all its energies.
The bee reminds us to extract the honey of life
and to make our lives fertile (productive) while the sun shines.
No matter how great the dream is, there is the promise of fulfillment
if we pursue our dreams.
If a Bee has shown up in your life, examine your own productivity.
Are you doing all you can to make your life more fertile?
Are you busy enough? [/LEFT]

Are you making time to savor the honey of life and not becoming a workaholic? [LEFT]The Bee is the symbol of accomplishing the impossible.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Aerodynamically, its body is too large for its wings and should not be able to fly.
Although now we understand how it does fly (high rate of wing movement),[/LEFT]

the Bee remains a symbol of accomplishing anything you put your mind to.[LEFT]In Hinduism, the Bee relates to Vishnu, Krishna or Kama, the God of Love.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]In Egypt, the Bee symbolized royalty.
In Greece, it was the symbol of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
The Celts associated the Bee with hidden wisdom.[/LEFT]

Bee's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Connection to the Goddess Diana [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding female warrior energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Reincarnation [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Communication with the dead [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Helping earth-bound spirits move on to their proper place [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Concentration [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Prosperity [/LEFT]
[CENTER]Bee
Is a messenger with news about sex.
If you see a bee fly close by or in your
house then you know what is on the person's
mind who came to visit. Yellow jackets, hornets,
wasps and similar types of bugs are bad signs
and signal that a challenge or nuisance is up ahead.[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Bless you, have a beautiful day![/LEFT]

haha i was just thinking of this thread and there it is right on top! connections connections wonderful connections-thanks aila

what about a lizard or salamander?
or a gecko?

peace and love
ian

[CENTER]

Types of Animal Totems[/CENTER]
When discovering totems you must first understand if the totem is a Life Totem, A Journey Totem, Shadow Totem, or a Message Totem. All totems are powerful but the meaning that the totem brings will vary on your action depending on what type of totem has come to you.
Your Life Long Animal Totem works with you throughout your entire life or until such time that you no longer need that animal totem. It is always there when you need it's powers. Always reminding you of your power and connectivity. You may have only one or a few Life totems. They may become your Life totem at any time. But the primary Life Totem will be our focus at this time. The messages that your Life Totem brings are a hard reminder from Mother. Your Life Totem is always there for you and generally reflects your inner spiritual nature. Many call your Life Long animal totem your Spirit totem. For example if your Life Totem was a Penguin you would be a person who should be very spiritual since the penguin moves better in water (the symbol of the astral plane - which is were we go when we dream) than it does on land. Being able to leap out of the water (up to six feet) represents the ability of out of body experiences. It is also important to understand which type of penguin is your animal totem since some have additional characteristics that are important to consider, like most penguins life in tropical conditions not arctic ones.
A Journey Animal Totem reflects a period of time. Not just a day but weeks, months, or maybe year s- the time it takes you to walk the path that the Animal Totem is reminding or guiding you on. During this journey you will find that this animal is always showing up in your life or that several animal totems will appear in your life all to guide you on the path. When you find one, two or three animals all of a sudden making an appearance and their nature all has the same basis then you have found the basis of your path. The difference between the Journey Animal Totem and the Message Animal Totem is a period of time. A Message animal Totem will bring itself to you quickly and impartially where a Journey Animal Totem will slip in and out of your life over the course of a period. Looking into the cycle of the animal also can give insight to the length of the journey.
A Message Animal Totem usually is bringing you a self growth, spiritual message, or a cautionary warning. It is often a wake up call or slap in the face. It will usually be a very unusual experience making it very powerful at that time and very impartial. A Message Totem is a brief period of time, a day, a week, and occasionally as much as a couple of months but can be immediate for just a few hours. Sometimes a Message totem is not bringing you a message but causing a delay in your life. This delay, such as when you are trying to leave to go somewhere, is often in assistance for you; to be sure you are not in a place at a certain time so that you avoid an accident or can catch a phone call or meet someone you are supposed to run into.
A Shadow Animal Totem are those totems that test us. They have great power for us but will put us through tests before they will let their power work with and for us, instead of against us. In all of nature there is prey and predator. In the spiritual or Shadow World there is the same. A Shadow Animal Totem is one that initially you fear. The Shadow Totem often represents inner fears that you must overcome. You may have even been attracted by the animal; a very vivid test to see if you are ready to accept the power of the animal totem. Until you face the fears of the Shadow Animal Totem it's powers will work against you, not letting you soar high. When you overcome the fear of the Shadow Animal Totem you bring it into the Light World as a Spirit animal totem and they become one of your most powerful Animal Totems. Your goal with a Shadow Totem is to learn the lessons and incorporate that animal into your life. If you are scared by something over and over then you still have not accepted the lesson that animal has for you.

[quote=Lickdafoot;44850]Hi, thanks you are so sweet :) Yeah i feel that way about the owl... like reading about the way it acts reminds me of me. other than that, its hard for me to really know because i have love for all animals, hehe..

what about a flying squirrel? I seem to see a lot of chickadees and black birds.. But i'm going to try to keep asking for my animals to show themselves. Also do you have info on elephants or turtles.. i know thats a lot hehe, i really appreciate it!!![/quote]

Well here is what I could get for now. I cannot find anything about the flying squirrel, which is now really pissing me off. SO, I am on a mission to make new info on it. It just may take me a few days or weeks. ;)
I am glad you asked about it, now I have a mission to learn more about them.
But I put info on the squirrel since it's all the same family, that will get you off to a start on it. And I'll try to make you some fresh info on the flying kind soon.:p
I just put a little more info about totems on here as well for everyone. You may like to read it. Lots of love to you! *hugs*
Peace and love.

P.S. Isn't it so cool how each bird is SO different in the teachings they offer?
That's why I am so into trying to figure out what each one is that I see. Pretty soon, all of life and animals take on a new meaning and admiration in your life. Not to mention, you truly start to listen to mother nature and all the help she offers to us. :) I love all animals!!!
I am just so full of love and light for them, :) I love to help others feel that same way.

Peace.
[CENTER]Blackbird[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Omens and Mysticism[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Blackbirds symbolize the tie to Nature and her energies. [/LEFT]

They herald a new understanding of the forces of nature as they come into your life. [LEFT]Blackbirds with a yellow head are associated with the Angel Auriel, [/LEFT]

who oversees nature and nature spirits. [LEFT]Red-Winged Blackbirds are directly connected to

the Goddess and primal feminine energies.
It is also associated with the astrological sign of Cancer.[/LEFT]

Blackbird's Wisdom Includes:
  • Connection to the water plant kingdom
  • Doing trance work
  • Use of camouflage in protection of family
  • Ability to sway with the winds of change
[CENTER]CHICKADEE[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Cheerful and Truthful Expression[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Chickadee is associated with the thinking process, higher mind and higher perceptions.
It is also associated with mystery and the feminine.
Chickadee can help you uncovering the mysteries of the mind.
With a Chickadee totem, [/LEFT]

you can perceive more clearly in the dark and understand higher truths. [LEFT]Chickadees are a social bird, usually traveling in groups,

and this is reflected in their totem people. [/LEFT]

They love being with people and are usually cheerful and fearless. [LEFT]For the Cherokee, Chickadee is the bird of truth.

People with this totem always tell the truth, no matter how much it hurts –
however, with Chickadee’s help, they can learn to express the truth in a manner that heals, balances and opens the perceptions.
Truth can be shared in a way that adds joy to everyone’s lives.[/LEFT]

Chickadee's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]The bird of truth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Truthful expression [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Understanding the power of small things [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]All aspects of attitude [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Use of voice [/LEFT]
Chickadee
Warn us when other people are gossiping about us.
Our elders teach us that the little birds
are messengers from the spirit world.
Some of our elders say they are actually
our ancestors coming to visit. Their songs
are good medicine and make people happy.

2 Critically Endangered Rabbit Species
8 Endangered Rabbit Species
4 Threatened Rabbit Species

Rabbit/Hare's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Guile [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Paradox and contradiction [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Living by one’s own wits [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Receiving hidden teachings and intuitive messages [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Quick-thinking [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Humility [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Moving through fear [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Strengthening intuition [/LEFT]
[CENTER]RABBIT[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Scurry, scurry, worry, worry,
Like the hare I run about,
Busy, busy, in a tizzy,
I only hear the voice without.
Quiet, hare. Do not despair.
The voice within is strong and sure.
If you just listen, you'll learn your mission,
Be confident and self-assured.[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Fertility and New Life
The Rabbit is known for its ability to procreate,
its fleetness, and its movement is by leaps.
People with this totem may find that their
endeavors go in leaps and bounds also.
If a Rabbit totem has appeared in your life, it may indicate a need for more planning or to check those plans already set in motion.[/LEFT]

Do not box yourself in a corner. [LEFT]This totem may also bring a need to examine the kinds of foods you eat.[/LEFT]

Perhaps a vegetarian diet, if only for a short time, can help you strengthen and heal. [LEFT]The Rabbit is associated with the goddess Hecate.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Rabbit
Rabbit is the fear caller. Rabbit medicine people
are so afraid of tragedy, illness, disaster,
and "being taken", That they call those very
fears to them to teach them lessons. The lesson
is: what you resist will persist. Learn to stop
talking about horrable things happening and get
rid of "what if " from your vocabulary.[/LEFT]

[CENTER]TURTLE[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Mother Earth [LEFT]Turtle is the oldest symbol for the Earth.

It is the personification of goddess energy
and the eternal Earth itself.
If you have a Turtle totem,
you must be mindful of returning to the Earth what she has given you.
Honor the creative source within you.
Use water and earth energies to create a harmonious flow in your life.
Ask the Earth for assistance and her riches will pour forth.
If a Turtle totem shows up in your life,
slow down the pace of your life.
Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best ways to reach your goals.
Turtle is fine teacher of the art of grounding.
When you learn to ground yourself to Earth's power and strength,
you place focus on your thoughts and actions
and use the Earth's limitless energies rather than your own to accomplish your will.
Turtle is the keeper of doors
and one of the ways into the Faerie Realm.[/LEFT]

Galápagos Giant Tortoise
A Vulnerable Species

Turtle/Tortoise's Wisdom Includes:
  • Symbol of the earth
  • Connection with the center
  • Navigation skills
  • Patience
  • Self-boundaries
  • Associated with the feminine
  • Power to heal female diseases
  • Respecting the boundaries of others
  • Developing new ideas
  • Psychically protecting oneself
  • Self-reliance
  • Tenacity
  • Nonviolent defense

Soft Shelled Turtle's Wisdom Includes:
  • Territoriality
  • Shyness
  • Quick movement in water
  • Fierceness
Turtle
A good sign and a very good power. The Turtle is
considered very sacred to most Native Americans.
It is a healer and protector. It can grant you long
life, wisdom, and good health. Never eat Turtle.
It is the personification of goddess energy,
and the Eternal Mother from which our lives evolve.

[CENTER]ELEPHANT[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Before the power of Ganesha
All barriers and obstacles are removed.
Through the wisdom of Ganesha
I draw confidence and new opportunities.
Under the love of Ganesha
I learn and grow stronger in all ways.[/CENTER]

Ancient Power, Strength, Royalty
[LEFT]An Elephant totem gives you
ancient wisdom and power to draw upon.
It embodies strength and power.
Elephant people often have a very strong sex drive. Through the use of fragrances and incense,
Elephant can guide you to new energies and power.
Elephant people show great affection to their families, caring for the young and the elderly.
They also have an inborn knowledge of roots and plants.
An Elephant will give you insight into the power of the three feminine energies:
child, mother and old wise woman (or crone).
The Hindu god Ganesh, god of overcoming obstacles, is associated with the Elephant.[/LEFT]

Swahili Name: Tembo

3 Endangered Elephant Species

Elephant's Wisdom Includes:
  • Strength
  • Royalty
  • Connection to ancient wisdom
  • Removal of obstacles and barriers
  • Confidence
  • Patience
  • Using education opportunities
[CENTER]SQUIRREL[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Chatter, scold, creature bold,
Warning all by your call.
Discovery, change, bring within my range.
Warnings as free, send to me.[/CENTER]

Gathering, Activity, Preparedness
[LEFT]The gathering power of Squirrel is a great gift.
It teaches us balance within the circle of gathering and giving out. They remind us that in our quest for our goals, it is vital to make time for play and socializing.
Squirrel teaches us to conserve our energy for times of need.
If your totem is Squirrel or Squirrel has recently entered your life, lighten your load of things that are unnecessary – things that you have gathered in the past and may be cluttering your life – thoughts, worries, and stresses.
Squirrel is also the totem of action.
Ask yourself are you too active, not active enough, afraid of enough, hung up on accumulating and collecting.
Squirrel people tend to be a little erratic – trying to do many things at once.
Take the time to stop and listen to your inner self – and don’t forget to play![/LEFT]

Squirrel's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Ability to solve puzzles [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Resourcefulness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Quick change of direction [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Storing for the future [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Balance in giving and receiving [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Power of rest during times of non-movement [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Warning [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Discovery [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Change [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Avoiding danger by climbing to a higher place [/LEFT]

[quote=rug;44864]haha i was just thinking of this thread and there it is right on top! connections connections wonderful connections-thanks aila

what about a lizard or salamander?
or a gecko?

peace and love
ian[/quote]

That is so funny! You see, the thing is, I had a window open with my animal stuff to post for a few hours, but I wasn't posting it. Then out of no where I got this sudden arge to post something on it quickly...so I did! LOL
After that I tried to write you and tell you bacause of what you said, but my computer crashed.
Anyways, you must have picked up on my work that I was doing, and I heard you thinking about it, so I made it easy for you to get to. :p
I love that kind of communication! I want it much more in my life. :)
THANK YOU!
OK, so here is what I found for you. Let me know if I missed the kind of lizard that you were thinking of, or if you want more info on a certain one. *hugs*
Peace and love.

[CENTER]SALAMANDER[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Assistance with Transformation

[LEFT]The appearance of a Salamander totem heralds transformation, [/LEFT]

[LEFT]but offers assistance with this change from somewhere outside of ourselves,
either through an unexpected person or unique resource.
This assistance is temporary and will stay only as long as needed.
Harmony with the environment is very important to people with a Salamander totem.
It is key to a successful transformation –
answers and solutions will be found in the environment around us.[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

Forty Endangered Species

Salamander's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Facilitates the connection between earth and water [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Connection to the soul memories of early life on earth [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Change [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Comfort in darkness [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Ability to cloak in the face of adversity [/LEFT]

[CENTER]LIZARD[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Dreaming [LEFT]Lizard medicine is the shadow side of reality[/LEFT]

[LEFT]where your dreams are reviewed
before you manifest them physically.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]If you have a Lizard totem, listen to our own intuition
above anyone else's.
Pay attention to your dreams for they show us
what we do not perceive when awake.
Dreams are shadows showing your fears and hopes.
Make a dream log and record your dreams.
Look for your symbolic and reoccurring dreams and study them carefully.
Lizard can also teach you to become more detached in life.
Sometimes it is necessary to separate yourself from others
to accomplish what is necessary.
Lizard helps you awaken the ability for objective detachment.
It can show you how to break from the past.[/LEFT]

43 Threatened Lizard Species

Lizard's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Detachment from ego [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Power to regenerate that which is lost [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Facing fear [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Controlling dreams [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Moving in the otherworld [/LEFT]

Anole's Wisdom Includes:
  • Effective use of camouflage
  • Change facilitated by emotional health
  • Ability to climb out of dangerous situations
[CENTER]CHAMELEON

[CENTER]Clairvoyance[/CENTER]

[LEFT]Chameleon gives their totem people the awareness of

their own psychic ability and intuition.
[LEFT]People with this totem are very sensitive to their environment,
often able to see auras around people.
If you have a Chameleon totem, you need to trust what you feel and sense.
Chameleon’s color changes symbolize the inconstancy of life
and the uncertainty of fortune, while its eyes see both the past and the future,
giving its totem people the power of clairvoyance.[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

An Endangered Species

Komodo Dragon's Wisdom Includes:
  • [LEFT]Ability to enter long dream states [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Warrior energy [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Speed [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Adept use of the Earth’s vibrations [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]Longevity [/LEFT]
LIZARD

[LEFT]Lizards are ancient brothers who are found in warmer climates all over the earth. There are five general families of lizards and literally hundreds of species, the largest being the Komodo Dragons weighing in at more than 350 pounds and the smallest is the Beata measuring less than three quarters of an inch long. They have many descriptive names such as the Australian Bearded Dragon, Yellow Spotted Gecko, Iguanas, Salamanders, and Horned Lizards who squirt blood from their eyes. Many American Indian tribes recorded their relationship with the lizard in images on pottery, petroglyphs, effigy bowls, figures, and shells and portrayed lizards in their ceremonies and stories as symbols of strength.
LIZARD MEDICINE
Some Southwest Indian tribes believe horned lizards can cure the sick by asking for the lizard's strength in song and chant showing their respect to the animal.
The Lizard is often seen laying peacefully in the shadows of rocks or seen skittering around in dark holes, between light and darkness and is thus referred to as the 'dream walker' or one who lives in the dream world. Dreams are important to the human psychic and depict subtle messages from deep within the mind. Lizard medicine reveals these hidden messages during the dream state. Proper interpretation of these dreams often requires the assistance of one trained in the ways of the lizard medicine.
The psychic characteristics inherent in the lizard teaches those with this medicine how to awaken their own abilities by making choices that honor every part of ones life. When lizard appears it signifies a need to go within and analyze your present reality and once done, move with confidence and conviction out into the world of new beginnings.
A powerful totem to have, lizard reveals your weaknesses, your strengths and prompts the energy of change.
The lizard is very sensitive to ground vibrations, they have keen eyesight and superior hearing. Those who feel the spirit of the lizard can learn ways to use their enhanced sensory perceptions to connect with their deeper psychic and spiritual awareness.
One power of the lizard is its ability to escape from danger by leaving its tail behind and growing another. When lizard slithers into your life, it may mean a need to move quickly to avoid danger and be prepared to leave something behind. [/LEFT]

Return to “The Living Earth”