A Storm of Shadow Wisps

[font=Verdana]While sitting at a table in a building with large windows I messed around on my phone, probably trying to entertain myself with a game. I overheard a nearby person say "It's coming our way." so I looked up to see him pointing at the window. I glanced towards that direction to see massive black storm clouds approaching fast. In the distant strong hurricane winds picked up and started ripping buildings from their foundations all the while it steadily came closer.[/font]

[font=Verdana]Screams echoed through the sounds of strong winds as people began to run. I too ran from the building in an attempt to escape the storm. Faster, faster, faster. I looked up to see a plane emerge from thick clouds. There was no way I should be able to dodge it, it was too close and I surly would be crushed, but dispsite this obvious fact. I screamed to notify the other of the plane and somehow I was fast enough to narrowly escape death.[/font]

[font=Verdana]Everyone ran in the opposite direction of the storm that was now on top of us. Large shadow masses emerge from the clouds. Wisps of the blackish purple masses slithered around as though it were alive. Maybe it was. They masses swooped down consuming the stragglers, but not me. I ran faster faster. How could I out run this, for how much longer.[/font]

[font=Verdana]I was on the country side now, there wasn't anyone around and the storm was at a good distance. I stood in place and stared at it. I had no intention or motivation to keep running as I watched the a shadowy wisp larger than any other approach. It glew a deep purple each time it spoke. What was it saying to me. I was waking up, tossing and turning from a hurting back, trying to stay asleep and giving in to waking up. [/font]

Re: A Storm of Shadow Wisps

Hmm well.
Dreammoods.com says:
To see a storm in your dream signifies some overwhelming struggle, shock, loss or catastrophe in your waking life. The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc. On a more positive note, the storm symbolizes your rising spirituality. It may signal rapid changes ahead for you.

To dream that you take cover in a storm foretells that whatever disturbance or problems is occurring in your life will quickly blow over. Consider also the phrase "weather the storm", which refers to your ability and strength to withstand whatever comes.
For the most part that's pretty true about having storms like that in your dreams.
Plus if your back was hurting it could have had a stressful effect on your rem cycle.
The purple entities in the clouds are another matter however.
Do you feel like this was more than just a dream?
Or like these shadow wisps were not of your own minds making?
"If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are."

Well it true that i have struggles that bother me, but as far as them being unexpressed is a different story. My mom lost her career, got a warrant out for her and started drinking and abusing her meds. I ended up moving away from all that negativity, plus when I moved out the only thing to eat was some stale bread and a bag of cereal, because her husband had no concern for our house hold and gave away the money we had for food.

I've been living with my boyfriend since and preparing for college, but I have been prevented from going to college 2 times now and I've been thinking what's going to pop up for the third time. Everytime I call the college they say I'm set to go, but I have a hard time believing that. I express all my feelings, I stopped bein so closed off after I left my mom's house and stopped spending most of my days alone.

My back always hurts when I wake up. I probably have back problems, but it serves as a good wake up mechanism that keeps me from sleeping 12 plus hours like I used to. As far as the shadow wisps go, they weren't originally apart of the dream. It was just a storm and the black clouds were just black clouds. It was only when the running began that they were there. The people in my dream didn't really act as though there was some invasion going on. It just sort of flowed into it and what I have realized about my dreams is that they don't flow and the events that occur are unlogical. For instance last night I had a dream of playing a deadly game of hide and seek that resulted in the deaths of the people who were found that turned into a friendly game of soccer. None of it went together smoothly, nor did I have any actual feelings during the process.

:) Yes, I am hopeful even though my emotions are a rollarcoaster ride of ups and downs, I believe life for me will go in a more pleasant direction.

I should probably point out that "dark and generally terrifying things" often feel nostalgic and calming to me. I wouldn't say that the wisps in my dream were good but to me they weren't negative nor something to fear.

To dream of a hurricane can indicate many things; approaching danger, frenzied emotions; feeling as if all power has been taken from you and you are tossed around by forces you have no control over; an overwrought and tormented mind; or even excitement at some passionate and exciting experience.

But if you can tolerate the emotions, fear or excitement, the outcome of these hurricanes of feeling can be joyous. For if you come through they lead to realisations that were hidden behind the emotions or fears. You will have conquered your fears and become a much bigger person.
https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/hurricane/

Sounds like there has been a lot of upheaval in your life recently. This dream might be telling you that you are feeling a little overwhelmed by the things that have being going on. But at the end, you made it out ok. You were strong enough to weather the storm in your dream. So now you know you can make it through the one in your real life too.
Dreams do take strange twists that don't make sense sometimes. Weird transitions like that are kind of normal though I believe. It's not one long dream that you are having when that happens. It's multiples.
Any tiny little disturbance can jolt you out of one dream and straight into another. imo
Good luck. Stay strong. :)
"If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are."

Return to “Dreams & Divination”