Ignoring Spirit Guides' Advice...

Anyone else out there sometimes hate their spirit guides' advice? Like mine told me to read a book tonight, and instead I watched some ridiculously stupid TV show. So my cat knocked over a glass of water, and I heard, "We told you to READ THAT BOOK." Geez.

I love guidance, but I can be so stubborn and rebellious! Sometimes it's more fun to pretend I just don't know and lose myself in mindless consumption instead of actualizing this whole "divine purpose" thing!

Other kinds of advice I dislike or ignore:
- No more caffeine
- Go introduce yourself to that person
- Tell that person they need to learn Reiki
- Don't have sex with that guy tonight

Usually it comes back to bite me in the butt (especially that last one!), so I am learning to honor them more. Then of course, there are times they tell me to do stuff and it totally sucks! Or is not what I expected. Or it seems like the point is to teach me to trust my gut instead of asking them, because if I had, it would've been obvious based on logic not to do whatever I was considering...

Do any of you ever ignore your guides' advice? What have the results been?

peacefulpresents wrote:Anyone else out there sometimes hate their spirit guides' advice? Like mine told me to read a book tonight, and instead I watched some ridiculously stupid TV show. So my cat knocked over a glass of water, and I heard, "We told you to READ THAT BOOK." Geez.

I love guidance, but I can be so stubborn and rebellious! Sometimes it's more fun to pretend I just don't know and lose myself in mindless consumption instead of actualizing this whole "divine purpose" thing!

- No more caffeine

Usually it comes back to bite me in the butt (especially that last one!), so I am learning to honor them more. Then of course, there are times they tell me to do stuff and it totally sucks! Or is not what I expected. Or it seems like the point is to teach me to trust my gut instead of asking them, because if I had, it would've been obvious based on logic not to do whatever I was considering...

No...I'm grateful for every message they try to give me. But I'm plaqued with negative entities that like to play with my head, so I have to be careful.

I believe my guides purposely make things that I shouldn't eat fall/slip out my hand.Or make me accidentally delete my angry rants before i post them on my blog. I think they guide me in a different way since I can easily be fooled by the negative entities plaguing me.

I believe they "interact" with me...while the negative entities "toy with my head". They know exactly what gets me out of order.

peacefulpresents wrote:Anyone else out there sometimes hate their spirit guides' advice? Like mine told me to read a book tonight, and instead I watched some ridiculously stupid TV show. So my cat knocked over a glass of water, and I heard, "We told you to READ THAT BOOK." Geez.

- No more caffeine

Good day

I am not sure who or what you are listening to. Some of it sounds like guides, some of it sounds like ego.
Some of it sounds like picking up on others' thoughts.

[b:2f5oe0ox]Higher-selfs point of view:[/b:2f5oe0ox]
My higher self sees all of my life paths I can take from this now.
They see all the possibilities, but they do not have the ability to make any choices.
They can only make guidance based on your current desires/who you are being.

They are like someone following your car in a helicopter.
They can easily see the road ahead. What the traffic is like, which roads lead where, etc.
But you are the one driving the car. You can see and feel the road, and you should have your hands on the wheel.
You do have your hands on the wheel? Or are you letting your ego drive?

They will always give you advice that feels like a top down view of how things
can go. They will never get angry at you. And since they are not a part of the time,
they will never say you must rush to do something. However, they may send you
signals like, rush over here now... so you can meet up with this other person.
Else, they will never push you on time. It makes no difference to them if you do it
this lifetime or next, or next...
[b:2f5oe0ox]
Ego's point of view:[/b:2f5oe0ox]
Your ego is tied to you and this planet/life. At its best, it is a clear window that
shows you the world you are playing in. At worst, it shows you a distorted view,
coloring your perception and judgment. Making it seem the the self destructive
choice is the obvious one for you to make.

If your ego is a negative ego, and it often is... Well, you forced your ego to drive
because you were too scared to take the wheel. And it crashed, and you blamed it
and it crashed, and you blamed it.... your negative ego is hella mad at you.

All in all, the ego is a window. And you may need to replace your window with a new
one. Budhist's death of the ego is one example.

When the ego talks, it sounds like you. It sounds like the world. You look at someone
and immediately think that are the type that will use you. A feeling comes up of
someone that used you before. That is negative ego talking.

[b:2f5oe0ox]The family in your head[/b:2f5oe0ox]
In your head is a bunch of sub-parts of your thinking.
Like the protector/guardian, the child, observer/reporter...
These often sound like you, or your parents or your guardians.
They have specific tasks to do inside your mind. Learning who they are and
what their jobs are will help. It will help you stop having conflicts with them.
Get you both working on the same side.

[b:2f5oe0ox]And there are thoughts from other people[/b:2f5oe0ox]
Like, I wish some people would ask me about my new Reiki class. (I only have 6 people signed up....)

All for now

BuilderOfCastles

Hmm... That is interesting to consider. If some of the things I mentioned were not communication from the guides, I wonder what they were coming from and how to clear the distortion that led me to believe it was the guides. I feel so connected to my guides, I generally assume it is them, especially if it is a gentle thought or a recurring impulse. Maybe my ego is making me think their guidance needs to be completed quickly, though, when they have less of a timeline.

I know the voice of the ego or entities is different. That can include the impulse to smoke cigarettes or do destructive things like that.... And can feel like it is "not really me" or have thoughts that are about me in the third person. If it is encouraging me toward anger, conflict, or depression, it is usually an entity. Entities feel kind of like a pull or a tug, not a gentle uprising from the heart. They feel anxious, worried, and make me pout.

In addition, I recently was hypnotized by an unscrupulous person and had some gnarly malicious energy implanted into me. I was in such a trance that even though I could see a symbol that alerted me to what was going on, I felt disconnected and like it did not matter. Kind of spaced out, I guess. That experience and its repercussions might have affected my perception in that specific situation, as far as getting what appeared to be guidance but may have been dark gnarly instead. It was more convincing than entity tends to be, probably because it went deep into my subconscious.

I have connected with my sub-parts and do work with them in council and sandplay therapy. I see them more as influencing my inclinations rather than offering particular guidance. But checking to see if some of the guidance is them... It seems like it is one of these parts actually that makes me feel there is a deadline or lack of time to execute a directive. Interesting... Maybe at times the guidance is interpreted through the parts.

Now, thoughts of others... That has happened to me before. I was at a shop looking at items, and I thought, "Buy it! Buy it!" and was magnetically drawn to one of them that didn't actually interest me... Then saw the shopkeeper watching me and realized it was his thought. I've also noticed things like my thoughts suddenly spiraling to money or job concerns or whatever, based on the thoughts the other person around me is generating. These thoughts feel different than guidance thoughts, just generic mind chatter.

Thank you for helping me to be aware there may be more than meets the eye going on. I think it is important for me to ascertain the feeling of the impulse to be certain it is a guide. They definitely feel different, like a loving pulsation. :)

I have people who talk to me frequently and though their advice and comments can be thoughtful and caring or criticizing and condemning I know they are not my guides. I have to specifically call them. They do not make any exchange until I do.

- No more caffeine

LOL yeah I can totally relate to this! Sometimes I wonder how he puts up with me LoL. I am very stubborn too so my spirit guide intervenes a lot.

Whenever I ignore his advice, the consequences catch up with me. I don't think he's ever said "I told you so" but he sure does rub it in later on haha.
He likes to remind me how much I don't listen to him LoL.

I wouldn't consider it a lot... it's just people making false assumptions and trying to lead you astray. Follow your heart knowing. You don't need people trying to make you distrust your spirit guides. They love you and are trying to help you by making the right decisions, it's not like anything you explained was egoful, it is obvious that you are very connected to your spirit guides, more than most people are, and from personal experience, I know that people get jealous of that and will do anything to try and make your experience seem lesser than. I highly doubt that the person who responded even has that strong of relationship with their guides. People just try and lecture, lecture, lecture without knowing what they are talking about.
Now, if your guides encouraged you to have random sex with that guy, then maybe you could blame it on ego. But they are acting like genuine, loving spirit guides, concerned about your wellbeing.
Don't let negative comments get you down or hinder your amazing relationship with your spirit guides! Believe me, I had so many times where I allowed negative comments from people ruin my trust and faith - it's just not worth it! Believe in your own intuition, you know them better than anybody else here.

peacefulpresents wrote:Hmm... That is interesting to consider. If some of the things I mentioned were not communication from the guides, I wonder what they were coming from and how to clear the distortion that led me to believe it was the guides. I feel so connected to my guides, I generally assume it is them, especially if it is a gentle thought or a recurring impulse. Maybe my ego is making me think their guidance needs to be completed quickly, though, when they have less of a timeline.

I know the voice of the ego or entities is different. That can include the impulse to smoke cigarettes or do destructive things like that.... And can feel like it is "not really me" or have thoughts that are about me in the third person. If it is encouraging me toward anger, conflict, or depression, it is usually an entity. Entities feel kind of like a pull or a tug, not a gentle uprising from the heart. They feel anxious, worried, and make me pout.

In addition, I recently was hypnotized by an unscrupulous person and had some gnarly malicious energy implanted into me. I was in such a trance that even though I could see a symbol that alerted me to what was going on, I felt disconnected and like it did not matter. Kind of spaced out, I guess. That experience and its repercussions might have affected my perception in that specific situation, as far as getting what appeared to be guidance but may have been dark gnarly instead. It was more convincing than entity tends to be, probably because it went deep into my subconscious.

I have connected with my sub-parts and do work with them in council and sandplay therapy. I see them more as influencing my inclinations rather than offering particular guidance. But checking to see if some of the guidance is them... It seems like it is one of these parts actually that makes me feel there is a deadline or lack of time to execute a directive. Interesting... Maybe at times the guidance is interpreted through the parts.

Now, thoughts of others... That has happened to me before. I was at a shop looking at items, and I thought, "Buy it! Buy it!" and was magnetically drawn to one of them that didn't actually interest me... Then saw the shopkeeper watching me and realized it was his thought. I've also noticed things like my thoughts suddenly spiraling to money or job concerns or whatever, based on the thoughts the other person around me is generating. These thoughts feel different than guidance thoughts, just generic mind chatter.

Thank you for helping me to be aware there may be more than meets the eye going on. I think it is important for me to ascertain the feeling of the impulse to be certain it is a guide. They definitely feel different, like a loving pulsation. :)

- No more caffeine

I refer to them as 'meatball moments'. Once happenstances colluded that I found a great spaghetti sauce recipe, and that some relatives would be in town, and I thought it was the perfect blend to make the sauce for them. At the grocery story, fortuitously enough, happened to be a lady who was passing out free sample packets of meatballs. I thougth -- I plan to make spaghetti, family in town, and here are free meatballs -- it's a sign! :) So got the meatballs and bought all the ingredients for the sauce.

And then they came, and we visited. and in the end I didn't feel like making the spaghetti, and they didn't feel like eating it. So we went to a restaurant instead. Where next to us was a table of folks who reminded me of characters from 'Heroes', and one was talking about some pastor talking about the holy spirit at his church, how we humans were like the radio and had control over what we chose to 'tune in to'.

Shortly after I did make the spaghetti sauce. And when it came time to crack out the meatballs I cooked them and gave them a little taste -- and immediately stuffed them away into the fridge for another day.

They were perfectly fine, tasty meatballs. and it was perfectly fine, tasty sauce. but it became IMMEDIATELY clear from that simple touch of my tongue that these two flavors -- wonderful in themselves -- were not going to play at all nice as a combined meal.

Taste --

This is the revelation of what it means to simply and directly and intuitively KNOW.

That was the 'guidance'. "Taste---"

Sure, I sometimes don't take "Guardian's advice" or
forget to, because it is not important to me at the time.
But then he only suggests, or recommends.

Once in a great while he will command.
In a chow line, one hill away from the "front line"
during the Korean War.
He yelled at me "Take two steps back now ! ! ! !.

I did pushing hard against the guys in back of me.
We heard/felt an explosion over our heads, and
a spiny chunk of shrapnel took my mess-kit out
of my hand and pined it to the ground.
:-) :-) :-)
Be in harmony,
be in beauty.
roger
note:
I never thought of Guardian as a "Higher Being".
He is more of a Guide and has been my good friend
since I was 2-1/2 when we first met in 1932. At
that time he was my "?imagionary?" playmate.
Beauty,
PC.
has

results are awful. texas drains people's energy like there's no tomorrow, i recognized my mom's descent right after my stepfather moved in with us. so if you want to ascend, think twice you tell your psychic daughter or step daughter for that matter that you used to be a navy photographer; you have no idea what kind of laws that strikes up in comparison or no laws rather. do not even attempt for me to tell you you're a relayer.

- No more caffeine

There is no spirit guide. There is you, and there is "you". Everything of the collective consciousness is a reflection of all data and information you stored since birth.

Return to “Channeling”