late 70s/early 80s indigos?

Hi, I was born in 1979 and would like to hear from some other indigos born around that time- where are you in life?; what are you doing?; did you find your purpose yet?; some sort of basic background about how things are evolving for you.

I write this in hopes of funding support, for i feel i may have an answer withing reach, but it just keeps slipping away. I want to make the right choices for me and my young son who will no doubt benefit from me manifesting light as i know i should.

Many Thanks,

Rae

i born 81 , well background like been in some kind of vortexes haha kinda little life like this and like that lol :D well am a bit tired and drunk atm so i'll post latter maybe :)

lol...thats what i thought...were all a mess...that was me, drunk every saturday night until i became preg. now trying to live like an adult, its not too hard, but not too easy either...

I was born in 81. I don't think I know my right purpose yet, but I made serious progress in the last years. I always thought I was supposed to do something big, something that changes people or the world for the better. Even when I was a kid.

Now I still want that but I think it doesn't need to be obviously huge like becoming a politician or so :-) but that I can make the world a better place by positively affecting the people I meet. This may cause a chain reaction or something like that :-)
I will definitely change my job soon and most probably move away or travel for a while beause I feel stuck at the moment. And I think I can learn more by making another big experience like this.

What about yourself?

Nice to meet you all. When I was younger, I wanted to "save the earth", you know very vague. I became disslillusioned realizing that pollution os caused by greed and ignorance, and with so much of it out there, who was I to make an impact on it. So I moved onto medicine but becmae bogged down in my studies and unable to commit. Now I run sleep studies and feel like a slave that farms sleep so the owner can line his pockets further. I am considering becoming a nurse pracitioner and am supposed to strat school this fall but got cold feet- don't want to miss my son;s important firsts as he will be 1 yr old by then...sorry, gosh i sound negative but i really am just trying to manifest the light. i would love to travel and snowboard and rave my days away, but i'v entered into the realms of parenthood, which has an entirely new set of responsibilities. Please dont take this to mean i feel different form childless indogos, on the contrary i feel very much liek i am still young and identify more with you guys than mainstreamers my age. whew! lots to say...:)

amoajunie wrote:lol...thats what i thought...were all a mess...that was me, drunk every saturday night until i became preg. now trying to live like an adult, its not too hard, but not too easy either...
are we...? I actually had the same suspect, but haven't properly figured it out.
clues?

amoajunie wrote:lol...thats what i thought...were all a mess...that was me, drunk every saturday night until i became preg. now trying to live like an adult, its not too hard, but not too easy either...
*coughcough* well... I have the right to remain silent, and I will make use of that! ;)

I'm glad I don't have to be a mother just yet. I'm really excited about having children one day and I surely could cope with taking care of one should it happen. But I'm glad I can still be a mess :)

I was born in '83. Been all over the place. Had great successes and great failures. Always dared greatly and taken great risks. Started the Crystal transition about a year ago and am still making sense out of it all.

I was born in 1973

I was born in 1973

Hello. I was born in 1973. I have been employeed with a human service agency for 10 years. I work with individuals with developmental disabilities. I have always been compelled to work with people or animals. I am currently enrolled in college seeking a human service degree. What would you like to know?:)

I stopped drinking and doing drugs. I forgave a lot of people, including myself. I'm very focused now, much more so then I was in my teens and early twenties. I have some things answered, and some things not. I seem to go between days where I feel complete in understanding and desiring nothing, to days when I lapse back into that crushing ache of trying to understand life, my life, life in general, truth as a whole, why I'm so unsettled and why I can't just accept life as it is - why I am apparently faulty in the circuitry for adapting to life as a 'settle for or get out' environment.

Did our parents parents have so much trouble accepting life for what we know of it? I wonder if this is something every young person in a hard world goes through, or if we've been the first generation who wasn't potty trained from childhood to avoid looking too close. But then, I have dreams of places much, much worse - I think this life might be a nice middle road. And of course, if you get down into the numbers of it, you can always go higher or lower, except within infinity, where movement loses definition.

Holla! '79 chick here! So where am I now? Unemployed and in college. What am I doing? Looking for a job and trying to get Magna Cum Laude on my Bachelor's. Did I find my purpose? Yep!

It's good to hear from you guys. I really appreciate the honest and nonjudgemental responses. I'm milling over them!

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------[/size:3ujs8po9]

yavhna wrote:are we...? I actually had the same suspect, but haven't properly figured it out.
clues?
no clues yet, i thought i had it all figured out, and then i landed ass over tea kettle :) glad im not alone in that feeling..and kudos to anyone who does have their stuff together! how did you do it?

Im still trying to get back to school, but I am so reluctant. everytime I get accepted to a grad program, its never "quite right"...so i back out...tryiing to get past that, don't want to be a technician all my life. Anyone else having power struggles? I for one feel the need to rise up from the bottom of the foodchain career-wise!! Actually make a difference you know, not just follow orders and get booted about by management. RRRRrrr...mangement :mad: RRRrrrr...AUTHORITY:mad::mad:

:p

Something else I wanted to say - don't feel like you have to find a set "purpose". The nature of the beautiful is to excel any so-called purpose it was designed for. In several languages, the word "why" literally translates as "to what [end]?" Don't get so focused on the destination that you don't enjoy the journey.

Optimystic wrote:Something else I wanted to say - don't feel like you have to find a set "purpose". The nature of the beautiful is to excel any so-called purpose it was designed for. In several languages, the word "why" literally translates as "to what [end]?" Don't get so focused on the destination that you don't enjoy the journey.
I apppreciate that viewpoint. I think the need to find a purpose is polarized against general social apathy and the need to be "good" and find occupational satisfaction. It can be utterly ego-driven, and may speak more to wanting power.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------[/size:2983p9yr]

Adalis wrote:Holla! '79 chick here! So where am I now? Unemployed and in college. What am I doing? Looking for a job and trying to get Magna Cum Laude on my Bachelor's. Did I find my purpose? Yep!
Testify! :)

I'm a good ol' 78! I think I'm coming to the end of my astrological Saturn's Return phase and the last few years have been very difficult and full of changes for me.

1975, but I seem to have more crystal traits than indigo, but have some indigo traits too. I dunno, just call me confused. Seems to fit..I'm confused all over the place lol. Purpose? What's that? I just survive each day and try to learn something new.

Born in 1982, an indigo, starseed. I found my purpose and knew my orders as a child. When I got into my later childhood years and early teen years, I lost track of myself, as many that age do. But by fifteen I'd woken up again and re-remembered what it was I was supposed to be doing on planet earth. I've since then been awake and active as an anchor of light.

I'm a university student now and I work part time in a shoe store to make ends meet. It won't be long before I'm working in my own Reiki practice!

'78 and still searching.
Like Lumiscente, I think I understood my purpose better when I was a child, but I also feel like I've been waking up for the past year or so... And I think I know now what my purpose is :)

[QUOTE=amoajunie;343580]
Im still trying to get back to school, but I am so reluctant. everytime I get accepted to a grad program, its never "quite right"...so i back out...tryiing to get past that, don't want to be a technician all my life. Anyone else having power struggles? I for one feel the need to rise up from the bottom of the foodchain career-wise!! Actually make a difference you know, not just follow orders and get booted about by management. RRRRrrr...mangement :mad: RRRrrrr...AUTHORITY:mad::mad:

:p[/QUOTE]

Oooh, I can so relate to all that. Born in '80, btw. I suppose I've come to the conclusion that nothing in the current system 'fits' me, whether school, work, partying, whatever. After I gave up trying to mash my square self into the established round holes (um, sorry if that sounds kinda bad, lol), my stress levels went down somewhat. I'm not a parent yet, so I can't speak to that part, but the difference that I make doesn't much come from what I do for work, unfortunately. The parts of my day that make me feel like I've accomplished something are those ever-increasing moments of really connecting with people I come in contact on a daily basis.

Maybe some people have been lucky enough to find something that fulfills them, work-wise, which is completely wonderful. However, I think that even if I find that 'dream job', there will always be frustrating ridiculousness to deal with due to the inefficient and soulless structure that we're forced to work within. At least, until the 'shift' or whatever it is, happens, and we collectively awaken screaming from the 'American Dream', wondering what the hell took us so long to fix this mess. ;)

Hello there, '81 here. I have a 2 year old son, single mom, still trying to get to that place where I feel that I can sit down and take a breath. My late teens and early 20's, were especially difficult for me. Among other life changing events, I went through years of not working steady...too pissed off that I had to give my time in such a manner to survive..then I found a job that was worth it to me. Went through a period of feeling like I had failed my mission..kind of gave up for a while, until I started waking up again, found this site and realized that everything I had known my whole life was still inside of me and that it was time I assert myself. Lately I've begun to learn to just relax and believe that I am where I am supposed to be, living in this moment...and here I am!

peace

hi there.....i was born in 1974 with two daughters, a wife, and complete parents.......such a happy life, isn't it??........but most of people around me think that i am weird, eccentric, even they think that i have autism syndrome:D.........since a kid, i can see things that most of others' can't.....my wife told me that i have a much progressive way of thinking than other people........

I was born in 1982. Even as a child when my classmates were worried about getting cooties, I felt a sense that there was something to do. This sense intensified as I became a teenager. I lost my path for a time, but I believe now I may be closer to an answer than I was before. However I still don't quite have it.

I've always loved to write. Who knows? Maybe I'll find a way to use the written word to acheive my goal. Overall though I believe a significant portion of our purpose is to change the world around us simply through being here and leading by example. As the old saying goes, "Slow and steady wins the race."

1978. I don't know my purpose just like I don't know what it means to "be myself". I've been working in retail for about 13 years. I'm married with a 3 year old son.

There's not much to say about me. I used to see and do such amazing things until I became scared of myself and things I don't understand. Now I'm just trying to get back in the flow of things. I used to drink and smoke too until I became pregnant. Been clean ever since.

[QUOTE=indigl;365542]I was born in '74. I have never been married or had any long term relationship for that matter. I am in a lonely and unhappy place in my life. But I have my family and a few friends at least.[/QUOTE]

This could be used to describe me, with the exception that I am at peace with where I am right now. I wasn't always though. All through my teens I was very lonely and unhappy in this regard. Somehow I came to actually like my situation around the time I reached my twenties. I realised I would rather be on my own and happy than coupled up with someone who was wrong for me and miserable (which always seem to be my options so far).

Hi, I was born in 1974, got married at the age of 19, had a baby boy at 20, now at 34, I am divorcing, and never felt better, I feel more free, able to breathe, and will soon reorganise my life and change occupation, gaining more interests, making new friends, well I hope to here too:). ALso I want to find more people that are kindred spirits, that share the same interests and views as myself.

cheers to a better future for all!

Love and Peace. xx

I was born the last day of '83. My pattern seems to go something like:

1. I know what I want to do.
2. My view of the world, myself, and my place in the world changes.
3. How I want to do what I want, changes.

repeat.

The purpose is pretty much the same. I'm in college and working part-time, and I volunteer--I help chronically mentall ill clients and their families cope, and make the best of what they have. It's been a good learning experience, and even if I only help a couple of people in my life-time, I believe I am doing the right thing. My degree will allow me to work in epidemiology, and help people on a larger scale.

i was born 88. i am not a warrior in the sense i want to change the world because: (chose one) the world is alredy perfect - there is no inner conflict so there is no out conflict with the world - the world they have is what they want and what they need - suffering is, in the deeper level, an illusion.

all my life i have felt like an alien. everytime i go out home all people look at me like i was a fenomenom. but they are not aware of it. so i always wanted to go out this dimmenson or at least this planet or 2012 swift consuness happend urgently but today i got the feeling, the desire that if i would had to stay even after 2012 to "help" that would be perfect

[QUOTE=amoajunie;342302]Hi, I was born in 1979 and would like to hear from some other indigos born around that time- where are you in life?; what are you doing?; did you find your purpose yet?; some sort of basic background about how things are evolving for you.

I write this in hopes of funding support, for i feel i may have an answer withing reach, but it just keeps slipping away. I want to make the right choices for me and my young son who will no doubt benefit from me manifesting light as i know i should.

Many Thanks,

Rae[/QUOTE]

I'm born in 83, currently on a cross roads with major choices to make both spiritual and physical trying to meet people on my wave length with similar experiences. I think found my purpose but it is very complex and requires a great deal of effort so I'm trying to prepare my life down for when I choose my path.

1/1/77 and the experiences havn't stopped, tho i'm still a bit funny about labelling things, i'm a spiritual person rather than an indigo, I believe we all transform into indigoes then crystals (pure energy) when we awaken as I believe every entity in the galaxy came from the same energy. Other entities cut us off and we have to reconnect it. Its neutral and whats done with it that matters. I also cried a lot when I read about indigos at age 29.

The signs of spiritual awakening, the empathy the feeling alien and this isn't home. When my uncle died I was shown a glimpse of what it meant I think they call it the akashic records, I was shown how small we are in comparison to the layer upon layer of different planets, planes of existence, connections, it nearly drove me mad as i felt so happy and my uncle had just died so after that glimpse of knowing I completely lost it. I was also giving everything up just before he did, believed i was mad, i'd made everything up and then I was smashed open and I shown things that would mean I never doubted myself again.

The safety net I could have said was delusion was ripped away and I was raw. I hope you never have to feel it. Since then the synchronicities the experiences they just keep coming. I used to read people when I met them and now I can look at a photo and see what they are. My friend asked me recently about someone I said things then I backtracked and said I was probably wrong, I wasn't I got it all correct. Seeing into people is sometimes really really upsetting and just once I would like to say something and be wrong. Yikes where did that all come from *quietly slips away

[QUOTE=amoajunie;342302]Hi, I was born in 1979 and would like to hear from some other indigos born around that time- where are you in life?; what are you doing?; did you find your purpose yet?; some sort of basic background about how things are evolving for you.

Many Thanks,

Rae[/QUOTE]

what am i in life? damn is something to be in life? it is just silence. maybe i´ve gone too much into meditation but i found that there is nothing that "is" in me or in anyone, the sense of separaton, the ego, is destinated to suffer, no matter what you do or become. what im doing? well my basic food and needs are solvents by my mom, im still 20, who knows maybe in the future i will work washing the toilets, but that is ok, i dont fit into the making money society.

did i find my purpose? what a question! be aware of this: i will iniciate the trhead: who in indigo society DOES NOT think is 2nd christ come?. i really will. it is said that every indigo comes with the sense of a purpose, a big one, and well i wont tell you NO but i wont tell you yes neigther, when you realize the stupidity of you looking for, making efforts to get something is when you have gotten, seen. there is nothing to get, but dont belive me, causse if you do you will give up your ego games just to get something so you havent awaken.

how things are evolving? that is a current question, but how things are evolving for you? is not, i am not seperated of you or of this world or galaxy, so it is just ONE movement, but if it is one and there is no duality to comparre, why i am saying one?

you want to make right choices? to have no choice is freedom, to have choice means confussion, when you trascend the current consuness level you see that the one who chose is condem to confusse and be mistaken.

dont worry for your son, he is perfect just as he is.

born in 76 and I don't often admit it even to my self but I know what I am doing and what it is i am to do here. But, I often have this feeling that waiting for the cycles to align that I must be doing something and that in waiting I am not doing my thing. My uncle tho once told me that when he took a construction job they handed him a hammer and once it touched his hand he knew what it and he was for...

Hi there, I was born in 1977, think I might be an Indigo. Was always considered a weird kid at school, very creative with a super imagination and at times a bit of a loner. Had a very difficult period in my teens and 20s and starting to feel more settled, but only just.

I have been studying for a health science degree in the past 4 years, but not planning to pursue the complementary therapy part I trained in (neuromuscular therapy) I am hoping to train as a life coach and NLP Practitioner next year as I feel it matches the person I am and will allow me to do what I do best and help, empower and support other people.

As for my purpose, not sure but feel I have made leaps and bounds in recent years :)

not even sure

not even sure

I'm not sure that I could say with 100% certainty that I'm an adult indigo, but all i know is that when I read discriptions and criteria of indigos, it was like looking into a mirror. I sort of checked yes to all that apply, and they all applied. The main things for me all my life have been the dreams. I dream something, then it happens...usually they're bad dreams. Not just small things, but very significant events as well. Also, social situations, and following social norms has always been extremely difficult for me. I can't be fake. I've tried. My sisters are able to put on a mask, so to speak, and be happy and polite in any situation, and try as I may it makes me cringe and usually fail. Also, my family used to tease me about being a hypochondriac, because every time I was around a sick or hurt person, I began to feel sick or hurt. Then there's the feelings of presentiment...constantly...which often leave me paralyzed to make decisions because of the feeling that something is off, though nothing logically points to it.
I could go on and on, and risk writing a small novel in the process. But the fact of the matter is that I'm here, curious, looking for other's that know how I feel. Looking for validation I guess.

78 here....and if there is a purpose, i guess it keeps changing....i'm in the process of enrolling in college again to obtain a 3rd degree..:o...i think what i need most is 'change', i get bored rather quickly... and my brain is like a sponge, wanting to learn more and more and more:)

yeah change is good. so is the pursuit of it. i've always been like that, too. But I think it's a good thing because you know that you're capable of taking on any new thing, and willing to face and conquer the challenges within change and new things. That's the difference between someone who is wandering and someone who is searching, i think. even still "the one who wanders is not lost..."

1. I've always known I was put here to bring about change on this planet.
2. I have never in my life had respect for titles, beauty, money, status. I've never taken any of this seriously. The only thing I've ever respected in my life is compassion.
3. I have always equated intelligence with compassion.
4. I have always considered myself an authority on the subject of exactly what is necessary to bring about change in this world. While I have studied about lots of things, most of my understanding came from inside me.
5. I have always assumed everybody was like this. Like when it comes to figuring out who will be the one to bring about change, I'd be the first one in line to say "me".

Born in 1981, so this year is the beginning of Saturn's Return.

All my life I have felt the need to do something to change the world, particularly around environmental issues. In the last 7 years years this has deepened to include working with children in some way. I have been pretty focused in working out my purpose, but not always in the most direct way. It's only now that I'm peicing everything together, and writing this summary is a good way to figure out where I'm up to!

I've gone from a Masters degree, to working within councils, to working in a consultancy, to now volunteering with an organisation in my search of finding out exactly how to approach working with environmental issues and children and figuring out how to combine the two.

From my experiences I have now concluded that working from the inside (government) moves too slowly. Working in consultancies are too business oriented and focus on making money. I feel like I've played those two aspects of the "game" and neither work for me or the issues I stand for. So now I feel myself moving into an activist role. I've never looked into activism before because I wanted to change things from the inside, but I know now that it is not working fast enough.

And so it seems I am destined for other things. It's time to step up to the plate again, this time with a different batting style and model of bat. I can not deny this drive in me to change things and I will keep going! For a long time now I have visions of me working with a large group of indigo children and youths and making some meaningful changes to the world that they will inherit, and now that vision seems to be becoming more of a reality through the work that I am doing in the city I live. We shall see what the future brings!

1975. Married at 19, mother at 20, and again at 22. I have ALWAYS been weird and eccentric. Always felt alone, especially with people around me. Always felt more together/at peace when I was alone and in nature.

Still searching for my life purpose and I'm at a crossroads right now. I think I'm transitioning, actually, and it sucks. I have been really getting more and more interested in the metaphysical and it's driving my (non-indigo) husband crazy. I'm really hoping my life doesn't have to actually go through all the explosiveness of the Tower card (like my Tarot reading said it would) before things get turned around the right way for me.

I'm still trying to get myself straightened out.

WOW! I feel so relieved I'm not the only one having a difficult time. I was born in '81 and always had a feeling I wasnt like the other kids. I just knew what could happen, and it would. I remembered my dreams always and it wasnt until about 3 years ago that I was introduced to the Indigo and Crystal world. It explained why I had lucid dreams, why I had such a strong bond with my sister [people thought we were twins but we're 5 years apart] This past year has been very difficult and, after reading everyone's responses, I think I finally understand that we really are in this together. We go through a process of finding ourselves, like everyone else does, but I feel we are being tested or challenged more than others who dont share our qualities. I've also been struggling in life and questioning life. I wish us all good like in finding our path. :)

Hi there,

Born in 1984. It's only been in the last year or so have I started to really pursue and strengthen what's really special about me as an individual...the indigo in all of us...I never really understood it, or could put a label on it until recently, but it's something that's always been there...

I was labeled eccentric,a hippie and weird by my classmates growing up. I'll never forget having to stand up with the teacher and have him say "She's not weird, she's gifted"...deep down though, I wore the label proud

I always felt lost about myself growing up in a town that follows a more traditional/old fashioned mindset though...never felt able to express myself for fear of being laughed at...I tried to adapt and live life how they thought I was suppose to...

That has changed...and I am allowing me to be me again...Work is work...I work in child care and while not my dream job, it's pretty neat getting paid to play outside lol.

I love art and always have. I always wanted to be an artist...right now that's just a hobby though. I also love being green...maybe that's the hippie in me..anything Eco-friendly is cool by me. I've also began participating in a mediumship circle. I don't know where that's going to lead me, but it's helping me strengthen a lot in me and my intuitive skills.

As far my ultimate purpose goes...I feel I'm meant to help people in some way...but I haven't discovered it yet...

But right now I feel good about my little family here at home and am excited about learning and evolving everyday!

[QUOTE=toshiya;359324]hi there.....i was born in 1974 with two daughters, a wife, and complete parents.......such a happy life, isn't it??........but most of people around me think that i am weird, eccentric, even they think that i have autism syndrome:D.........since a kid, i can see things that most of others' can't.....my wife told me that i have a much progressive way of thinking than other people........[/QUOTE]

wow! you could be discribing me.

i was born in '73, i have found my calling, i know what i was sent here to do and that is to help others, teach the children that come to my house and through them i will teach thier parents and others. also i was here to write. these are all things that i was inspired to do and that is how i know that they are my true calling and what i was meant for. by the way even my horscope said that i was wierd but people respect me anyway, no word of a lie.
i have just come to realize that i think completely different from everyone else.

hello i was born in '78 and i am also searching but now i am doing volenteer work and i have become a crystal child reasently but i was for a long time a indigo i have been thruh hell and back and it made a lott stronger. and i love life. as a kid i wan't to help animals and nature and i hugd tree's a lot. my sensses are more hitend then before and most of the time i love it. hope it helps

'81 here - knee deep in my saturn return. I'm doing things with my life, i have a great career as a software engineer, but there's plenty I don't know. Is this what I want to do forever? Not really, I want to/need to do something much bigger. Oh, there are just so many facets where I just don't have a clue. Don't think too hard, I think the best thing to do is roll with it (but i'm having a hard time with that one myself..)

I am a 1979er too I was a tragic mess for what at the time seemed like forever but as I approach 30. I realize that I have no fear of my own strength any longer. I am an intense person with only good intentions. It is my intesity that is daunting. Growing up I thought I was destined to fail, fall short or be misunderstood. I was scared to put everything I've got out there but at the same time I could never stop myself from doing so. Today I only do what I have love for. I am a working musician, artist and animal care taker. I no longer hold back my intensity for the comfort of others. I have found my place and purpose. Now I ride life like a surfer becomes one with the ocean. I used to think I would never make it to 30. Now I know I will be here for ever. My footprint is petrified in the ether and never fool yourself because yours are too. Cheers

Return to “Indigo Adults”