Strangers

Stranger
Strange word to call a person if you think about it, when you dont know the person.
In my experience the stranger is the person you know, you know the person and they know you... one will almost always be stranger than the other.
And how often do you see one person in adoration and the other looking upon them like they are strange?
whatever.
That stuff is all body chemistry and peer pressure.

I'm not really sure yet, as there are some serious deviants worth avoiding, but i may have a slight bias towards conversations with strangers. In my experience, strangers almost always smile and are polite. Conversations are brief and good natured.
i dont necessarily mean just smile and wave or thank you for your money please come again...
a good conversation with a stranger can last seconds... minutes... hours... even longer.

Have you ever really connected with a person and not had a clue who the person is.
lol, internet stuff, is proof of life even a thing nowadays?... i mean i wouldn't believe me either but there comes a point when...

i catually did it, i know what i know and i know what i dont want to know... meaning, people i know... with very few exceptions, i refuse to speak on the phone.
Because of 'strangers'.

Its all about the approach.
be real looking them straight. A friendly greeting is natural. when that doesnt happen its because someone is ignoring or
perhaps immersed in a task, deep in thought...
we all have a little bit of ignorance, no need for belligerence, eh?

I find that strangers can be very helpful, and generous in the doing. The best example i can think of is... the other half of the story, Love a Thousand Miles Away... In a sense i was there but i cant write about all those experiences and the many good deeds of strangers. I have an idea for the story, but its bigger than i am and i just wont betray the trust.
That person was by any rational description a stranger to me until familiarity developed and real time face to face conversations.

i think its a story worth telling, just not for me to say.

And as some of you know, some of the best conversations with 'strangers' take place in between the moment of a smile, a nod, and the twinkle of the eye...

because faith in God, faith in one's self, and faith in our fellow's mankind.
Only the bravest souls.

Re: Strangers

One of the reasons why I love my city is the kindness of strangers.

As with everything, there are exceptions. However, in general, I find them open, friendly, helpful and kind.
I tend to be shy when I do not know someone. But they observe and sometimes greet and approach.

I have the habit of going for daily morning walks and hanging out in parks a lot. I also love doing excercise in the public gyms at the parks. I am usually shy and do not approach people; I do my own thing. However, sometimes they sit close to me and start chatting... It is like they released a beast, because when they start talking to me then I start talking and sharing my philosophies and views openly with them.

I have found out that some of these people are quite open-minded and that we share some views.

In the end, their kindness reminds me of the benevolent side of humans.

I feel love for some strangers.

I should mention,
the person i most often perceive as a stranger is myself. Even around family.

My cousin found herself a new guy, at the last family event he didn't want to participate. She was disappointed. So i went there with a plate of food from the gathering just in case i couldn't convince him.
I know he felt like a stranger, and shy.
So i let him have it, both barrels you might say, i told him to get over his self pity and that he was a part of the family. I told him his woman loved him and was proud, that she was disappointed to not be able to show him off to the rest of the family if he wouldn't go.
Granted, i cussed at him a little too, but he got his butt out of bed and made my cousin proud again for the rest of the day. He had a good time.
And i left. Because as much as i know i'm loved and accepted, i still feel like the stranger.

I agree LaTortiseNoir..I too feel like a stranger around my family. They love, accept, & support me unconditionally, yet I do not talk to them about my experiences. I've tried & theres only so far they are willing to believe. So it's like locking a part of yourself away.

Theres only one person in the physical world I can talk to about any of it. It doesn't matter what it is, he listens.

Most of the time I don't feel the desire or inclination to discuss my experiences/beliefs with people...at all. I do with this one because I feel everyone needs a grounding support.

I'm not saying I'm anti-social in social settings..I very seldom feel comfortable in a group of people. As if I'm always the odd one out.

Return to “Relationships”