#4
Amontobin wrote:hello,

what do you mean by the same-sex?
A crush on someone of the same gender.

Many people will lie on this subject, because they aren't secure about their own sexuality.

I will be honest with you, right now! in the past yes I had a crush on someone of the same gender. I'm don't label my sexuality...it can go where ever it wants to go. I think it's absurd to consciously [i:1lhh9abd]choose [/i:1lhh9abd]which gender to be with.

Although I cannot bring myself to actually engage with another male, I can tell if another guy looks good, or not. That's honestly as far is it goes, since I don't get too close with other males. I get this terrible feeling in my solar plexus chakra, like a warning...cannot stand it. I'm more comfortable with females...thank god for women!

If you have an attraction to both, and neither gender disgusts you, I say go for it!

Hmm..I wonder if any other males who identify as "straight/heterosexual" can be honest and tell the truth?

#6
AllSeer wrote:A crush on someone of the same gender.

Many people will lie on this subject, because they aren't secure about their own sexuality.

I will be honest with you, right now! in the past yes I had a crush on someone of the same gender. I'm don't label my sexuality...it can go where ever it wants to go. I think it's absurd to consciously [i:2awok0v5]choose [/i:2awok0v5]which gender to be with.

Although I cannot bring myself to actually engage with another male, I can tell if another guy looks good, or not. That's honestly as far is it goes, since I don't get too close with other males. I get this terrible feeling in my solar plexus, like a warning...cannot stand it. I'm more comfortable with females...thank god for women!

If you have an attraction to both, and neither gender disgusts you, I say go for it!

Hmm..I wonder if any other males who identify as "straight/heterosexual" can be honest and tell the truth?
Why is it easier for women to admit?

#8
BlueFairy wrote:Why is it easier for women to admit?
I'm male.

It's easier for women because society doesn't make you feel like less of a woman for being with another woman. Society embraces it...they won't even label you if they see a woman go down on another woman. Girl on girl is all over [i:3fbs8nqw]straight[/i:3fbs8nqw] porn!

With guys it's different. Apparently it makes you more "feminine" to be with another male. When a guy does something feminine it's labeled "gay". They literally throw these labels around and make people ashamed of their sexuality. Sexuality or sexual orientation, as it is now, is an illusion..it's being looked at totally wrong, in my open. People are just people, and your sexuality should have nothing to do with ones character...it's just that people really think that who they love is "who they are"...that makes no sense to me.

#9
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

You just asked straight people if they were bisexual. That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Funny wordplay. A better way of wording that would be is "is anyone here bisexual". Because someone who is heterosexual is only interested in the opposite sex.

And no, I am a straight person, not bisexual. In other words, I only like men. I would never be attracted to women in a thousand years and the idea of that grosses me out.

#10
Sabrina Danelle G wrote:LOL!!!!!!!!!!

You just asked straight people if they were bisexual. That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Funny wordplay. A better way of wording that would be is "is anyone here bisexual". Because someone who is heterosexual is only interested in the opposite sex.

And no, I am a straight person, not bisexual. In other words, I only like men. I would never be attracted to women in a thousand years and the idea of that grosses me out.
who cares, really.


women are such beautiful creatures...I understand you like men only, but to be "gross out" by women is ignorance.

#11
It's simply a vagina...a healthy and clean vagina will not kill you or make you burn to ashes. To be disgusted by genitals,that is not diseased or dirty,is pure ignorance.

#12
AllSeer wrote:who cares, really.


women are such beautiful creatures...I understand you like men only, but to be "gross out" by women is ignorance.
LoL since when does the fact that I am straight make me ignorant?
Because the idea of having sex with another woman repulses me? I am physically attracted to men! Not women!
You are the ignorant one, obviously not understanding heterosexuality.

#13
AllSeer wrote:It's simply a vagina...a healthy and clean vagina will not kill you or make you burn to ashes. To be disgusted by genitals,that is not diseased or dirty,is pure ignorance.
You are hilarious. I'm not sure what else to say other than I only like penis.

#14
Sabrina Danelle G wrote:LOL!!!!!!!!!!

You just asked straight people if they were bisexual. That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Funny wordplay. A better way of wording that would be is "is anyone here bisexual". Because someone who is heterosexual is only interested in the opposite sex.

And no, I am a straight person, not bisexual. In other words, I only like men. I would never be attracted to women in a thousand years and the idea of that grosses me out.
Sometimes their presence is so powerful and beautiful you just want to kiss them. Daaaaaaw :D. For me this type of attraction has really sentimental roots ^_^.

#17
Frederica Bernkastel wrote:Because it is not considered a taboo I think.
I agree. There's also a deep conditioning from the time we were little girls. In wide-eyed innocence we would hold hands, braid each other's hair, and bare all secrets to our best friend.

If men are the force, women are the wisdom. It takes both to make worlds, and I tend to think those who reflect both force and wisdom at various times and by degrees are the masters of their environment.

#18
Sabrina Danelle G wrote:LOL!!!!!!!!!!

You just asked straight people if they were bisexual. That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Funny wordplay. A better way of wording that would be is "is anyone here bisexual". Because someone who is heterosexual is only interested in the opposite sex.

And no, I am a straight person, not bisexual. In other words, I only like men. I would never be attracted to women in a thousand years and the idea of that grosses me out.

My intent wasn't to make you laugh or gross you out, and yet it seems I've done both. I used "heterosexual" as a label in the broad sense. I don't consider myself bisexual, at least not in relationships to this point, and yet I have had bisexual feelings. This doesn't mean I'm bisexual as far as broad labels are concerned

#19
Sabrina Danelle G wrote:LoL since when does the fact that I am straight make me ignorant?
Because the idea of having sex with another woman repulses me? I am physically attracted to men! Not women!
You are the ignorant one, obviously not understanding heterosexuality.
Sabrina, Allseer is calling your judgment ignorant, which I agree. It's alright for you to be straight and for any thought otherwise to make you uncomfortable. What's detrimental to your spiritual progress is judgment, which only perpetuates the fears that must eventually be discarded for evolution.

#20
BlueFairy wrote:Sabrina, Allseer is calling your judgment ignorant, which I agree. It's alright for you to be straight and for any thought otherwise to make you uncomfortable. What's detrimental to your spiritual progress is judgment, which only perpetuates the fears that must eventually be discarded for evolution.
Let's just move on , shall we?

#21
[QUOTE=BlueFairy;1126077]My intent wasn't to make you laugh or gross you out, and yet it seems I've done both. I used "heterosexual" as a label in the broad sense. I don't consider myself bisexual, at least not in relationships to this point, and yet I have had bisexual feelings. This doesn't mean I'm bisexual as far as broad labels are concerned[/QUOTE]

Of course it does, look up the definitions! Those are not judgements I made up, those are actual definitions... no need to get your panties in a knot. Geez.

#22
Now I seriously don't understand. Why do you have something against being bisexual when you can admit that you are bisexual? You are the only one judging yourself.

I literally never said I had anything against bisexuality for other people. I said I am not bisexual myself! So maybe you should be open to people being straight too.

#23
[QUOTE=BlueFairy;1126078]Sabrina, Allseer is calling your judgment ignorant, which I agree. It's alright for you to be straight and for any thought otherwise to make you uncomfortable. What's detrimental to your spiritual progress is judgment, which only perpetuates the fears that must eventually be discarded for evolution.[/QUOTE]

BlueFairy, I think you might have sensed a bad energy coming from her, and it really made you feel uncomfortable.

Just be happy with yourself, the way you are now. don't let anyone tell you who you are. All of these labels just divide people, really.See the big picture, and see from many perspectives.

#24
[QUOTE=AllSeer;1126088]BlueFairy, I think you might have sensed a bad energy coming from her, and it really made you feel uncomfortable.

Just be happy with yourself, the way you are now. don't let anyone tell you who you are. All of these labels just divide people, really.See the big picture, and see from many perspectives.[/QUOTE]

See from many perspectives, except mine that is. I'm not allowed to be straight. I'm not allowed to like men. I'm ignorant. And now apparently I have bad energy.
Thanks alot guys.

#25
And no those labels do not divide people. They help billions of people learn to be proud of who they are. Just ask all my gay friends, they aren't ashamed of who they are!
But they would be ashamed of you for trying to say there is something wrong with calling yourself gay, bisexual or straight.

#27
[QUOTE=Sabrina Danelle G;1126090]And no those labels do not divide people. They help billions of people learn to be proud of who they are. Just ask all my gay friends, they aren't ashamed of who they are!
But they would be ashamed of you for trying to say there is something wrong with calling yourself gay, bisexual or straight.[/QUOTE]

No one said it was wrong.I only feel it creates unnecessary borders between human beings. I believe in the "being".

Feel free to love who every you want, I am not against the act of it. But I do not believe in "who you love is who you are". So, I don't give a sh*t how anyone who identifies with those labels, feel. I DON'T CARE ENOUGH. So what the hell does it matter if they'd feel ashamed? I having nothing to prove to THEM

You are playing the victim card. You're not understanding where me and blue are coming from. It feels as though you are saying one thing, but giving off different energy. CLOSED-MINDEDNESS, is what your bombarding me with.

Liking men only is fine, if that's what you like. Go ahead. But the energy you gave off was extremely closed-minded, and felt like you were judging. I sensed fear.

#30
[QUOTE=AllSeer;1126097]No one said it was wrong.I only feel it creates unnecessary borders between human beings. I believe in the "being".

Feel free to love who every you want, I am not against the act of it. But I do not believe in "who you love is who you are". So, I don't give a sh*t how anyone who identifies with those labels, feel. I DON'T CARE ENOUGH. So what the hell does it matter if they'd feel ashamed? I having nothing to prove to THEM

You are playing the victim card. You're not understanding where me and blue are coming from. It feels as though you are saying one thing, but giving off different energy. CLOSED-MINDEDNESS, is what your bombarding me with.

Liking men only is fine, if that's what you like. Go ahead. But the energy you gave off was extremely closed-minded, and felt like you were judging. I sensed fear.[/QUOTE]

If you want to explain your opinion, then do so without insulting people or using profanities, otherwise I can't honestly take your opinion seriously, you just make yourself look like a jerk. And yes, you did say it was ignorant for me to be straight and not be attracted to women.

I think the real reason why you are offended is because you have issues with those labels because you are not comfortable with your own sexuality.
Maybe you have your own judgements and are taking them out on me, I'm guessing that has personal roots and might be because you think people make fun of those labels, or that they are offensive labels?
You think it's okay to criticize me for saying that having sex with another woman would gross me out, and you guys are so against being called "bisexual" that you have to pretend that you are heterosexual and deny that your feelings for the same sex are real? Why?
Do you see why I literally thought that was funny? I seriously didn't think she was being serious I didn't mean any offence by it. I have tons of bisexual and gay friends, it is not normal to call oneself heterosexual and be so against the term bisexual... the only time they do that is when they are afraid of coming out of the closet.

Why not just be proud of your sexuality and what you are sexually attracted to instead of trying to hide it? Who cares about the labels, why make such a fuss over it? Why not just be proud of being called bisexual?

I honestly do not understand where you are coming from. You are okay calling yourself heterosexual, but you are so against the term bisexual, even though it describes exactly what that sexuality is, being attracted to both genders. You can't honestly tell me that labels are the issue here. Because she used a label in her original post. The original post was asking if HETEROSEXUAL people were into the same sex. The answer is no, you cannot be heterosexual and also interested in the same sex, the correct term is bisexual. I don't understand what the big deal is.
I think either you are personally offended by being called bisexual which usually stems from people having bad experiences with those labels, or you are just being a jerk to me for no apparent reason and I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but honestly sometimes I wonder. Sometimes you guys do not behave very spiritual at all.

Now that I know it wasn't a joke, I actually think it is very sad that someone would be so offended over the label bisexual. It's not good to live your life being ashamed of your sexuality.



I think that no matter who you are sexually attracted to, you should be okay with it.

#31
[QUOTE=AllSeer;1126098]pride, to me, is another word for ARROGANCE.

like you think you're "better than".[/QUOTE]

Pride usually means that you are okay with your sexuality and are not afraid of letting people know. It isn't healthy to be ashamed of it.

Classifying all proud gay people as arrogant isn't very accurate.

#32
[QUOTE=Sabrina Danelle G;1126103]Pride usually means that you are okay with your sexuality and are not afraid of letting people know. It isn't healthy to be ashamed of it.

Classifying all proud gay people as arrogant isn't very accurate.[/QUOTE]

So what are you?Some sort of gay schmoozer?

Let me make something clear,

Love whoever you wanna love, as long as you're not hurting any body.

I never said I was heterosexual, and I am accept the sexual part of me. Do NOT assume anything about me, because you are wrong. My ideals are very different from yours. My race, ethnicity, sexuality, preference, etc, does not define me. I do not identify with any of those labels, simply because it does not FIT me. I don't feel right in most categories, and that's just how it is.

You perceive this as "hiding", projecting yourself onto me, but that is not the case. Your point of view does not mix with mine.


We will agree to disagree.

#33
I believe that I am an androgenic soul. I truly feel withdrawn from most societal/social norms.

acceptance, is the goal. Pride sounds like arrogance to me.

What kind of upsets me is that you assume I call myself heterosexual. You are lumping me in with BF, and hardly know anything about me!

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop, because I am not an ordinary person that can easily be understood, I promise you that.

#34
[QUOTE=AllSeer;1126104]So what are you?Some sort of gay schmoozer?

Let me make something clear,

Love whoever you wanna love, as long as you're not hurting any body.

I never said I was heterosexual, and I am accept the sexual part of me. Do NOT assume anything about me, because you are wrong. My ideals are very different from yours. My race, ethnicity, sexuality, preference, etc, does not define me. I do not identify with any of those labels, simply because it does not FIT me. I don't feel right in most categories, and that's just how it is.

You perceive this as "hiding", projecting yourself onto me, but that is not the case. Your point of view does not mix with mine.


We will agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]

That girl was obviously filtering the thread through a tremendously painful lens. Just let it go. She'll figure out after re-reading the posts that she obviously misunderstood our meaning.

#35
Well you did sort of "lump yourself in with BF" when you said "You're not understanding where me and blue are coming from."

But I wasn't asking if you were straight, I was asking if you were bi and if that was the reason the bisexual label is so touchy for you. If not, I'm not sure why it offends you. I don't mean to pry, but just because you don't let labels define you isn't a good enough reason to explain why labels really piss you off and why it would cause you to act out like you did. There has got to be a reason why you have such a problem with it and that's what I am interested in trying to understand, but if you really don't want me to try and understand where you are coming from, I'll gladly stop.

I don't let labels define me either, but I also don't get upset when people use labels because I do accept who I am and that there are labels out there.

I've been called all sorts of labels in my lifetime, and some of those labels really harmed me but when I learned to accept myself for who I was and to be okay with what society might have percieved as flaws, the labels no longer bothered me, and believe me they were a lot worse labels than "bisexual".

I know society sucks, it is kind of impossible to feel like you are a part of anything when it comes to society, but I still don't understand why that means you have to insult me on a spiritual forum because of it, if anything you would think you would try to make friends, not lash out at people.



#36
[QUOTE=BlueFairy;1126107]That girl was obviously filtering the thread through a tremendously painful lens. Just let it go. She'll figure out after re-reading the posts that she obviously misunderstood our meaning.[/QUOTE]


I read it perfectly fine. You asked heterosexual people if they liked the same sex.

The answer is obviously no. Heterosexual people are only attracted to the opposite sex.

It's your own problem if you have a problem with that answer. If you don't want answers to your questions, then don't ask them.

#37
Anyways, I am done here, it's not going anywhere productive. And I forgive you guys for insulting me, forgive and let go, people are people, and people make mistakes, sorry for offending you, please be nice to other people in the future and remember all of us are allowed to have opinions.

#38
[QUOTE=AllSeer;1126088]BlueFairy, I think you might have sensed a bad energy coming from her, and it really made you feel uncomfortable.

Just be happy with yourself, the way you are now. don't let anyone tell you who you are. All of these labels just divide people, really.See the big picture, and see from many perspectives.[/QUOTE]

Her energy was clearly in a pretty negative place, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I don't mind her sharing her opinions, and I wish her nothing but well-being. My mistake was offering my opinion in return, which she didn't take well. And that's okay. She's okay. We're all okay.

#39
this is something I have held my tongue about too, because it is something I feel is more personal
however, given that to be person-able sometimes you must divulge the personal a bit
and wear yourself on your sleeve, I can see the value

While I am male I can say there are other men I have felt a deep love for
not a sexual lust, but truly honored and loved...my best friend is such a man, he is like my little brother, and I love the guy
too, I have had women come into my life whom are just friends, nothing more, and that too is okay.
Perhaps it is because I am getting older or perhaps it is because I so thoroughly sewed my wild oats as a youth, but a relationship is more meaningful to me these days
taking the time to get to really know someone, talking, enjoying a bit of life....that is awesome.

so, I guess I would say no, I never have had a crush on another man....I am not against anyone who does
my thoughts are that your choices are absolutely fine, I am simply not homosexual.
I have had a variety of friends whom were gay, men and women, and I don't care about their preferences...it's whom they are and it's fine
there is not a need to further anymore intolerance towards anyone based on gender, nationality, or sexual orientation
I am intolerant based on action only, if what you do is harming another then I have a problem with it.
aside from that, I am pretty much a live and let live kind of guy, myself
Image

#40
[QUOTE=Sabrina Danelle G;1126109]Well you did sort of "lump yourself in with BF" when you said "You're not understanding where me and blue are coming from."

But I wasn't asking if you were straight, I was asking if you were bi and if that was the reason the bisexual label is so touchy for you. If not, I'm not sure why it offends you. I don't mean to pry, but just because you don't let labels define you isn't a good enough reason to explain why labels really piss you off and why it would cause you to act out like you did. There has got to be a reason why you have such a problem with it and that's what I am interested in trying to understand, but if you really don't want me to try and understand where you are coming from, I'll gladly stop.

I don't let labels define me either, but I also don't get upset when people use labels because I do accept who I am and that there are labels out there.

I've been called all sorts of labels in my lifetime, and some of those labels really harmed me but when I learned to accept myself for who I was and to be okay with what society might have percieved as flaws, the labels no longer bothered me, and believe me they were a lot worse labels than "bisexual".

I know society sucks, it is kind of impossible to feel like you are a part of anything when it comes to society, but I still don't understand why that means you have to insult me on a spiritual forum because of it, if anything you would think you would try to make friends, not lash out at people.



[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna be honest with you. You come across as a person who says one thing, but really means something else.

You gave off this sort of self-righteous attitude, as if your this label defender/schmoozer, and as if your point of view is the absolute truth. What upset me was not your words, but what I feel was your intent...not to mention the fact that you made it seem like I'm suppose to give a crap about what any of those groups think/feel. "Ashamed" of me?As if I represent anyone, but myself.

You cannot force me to believe in what I do not see. I perceive things totally different than you. If you want to identify with a category, then go ahead, but that is not my way of living. And I am very true to myself. I use to think like you when I was a teenager, simple as that. And just like most people, past experiences are what lead me to this belief. And I am comfortable with it.I understand/perceive a person based of the character and energy...not entirely by the things they say.

I've preached about these things so much, that I've become tired.But, YES, there is a reason, but not the reason that you are probably thinking of,and it's many many reasons....I've said it so many times that i feel it shouldn't be in question.

And you know what, I did some thinking last night, and I told myself that it doesn't matter what you say, you still don't know me...and I'm not an ordinary person that you can easily understand. My mindset is totally different from yours. You see race, religion, sexual orientation, etc etc...I don't. The person is not within the label, it is within the soul. No need to feel insulted...labels don't bother you.

You be whatever you wanna be, and leave it at that.

#41
I have read somewhere that it IS a scientific fact that at some point in our lives we will ALL experience some kind of intimate feelings towards someone of the same sex.
Regardless of whether you act on it or not, regardless of sexuality it will happen.
It said its something to do with hormones growing up & human instinct of not wanting to be lonely. (Needing amate etc.)
Also it is fact that our human instincts kick in when choosing a partner (mate) regardless of sexuality we choose people who make us feel safe physically.
Can't remember where I read this though was a while back.


But hey what do I know, I'm a very proud bisexual :)

Lv Chel.
xxxx

#42
[QUOTE=t1mb3rl1n3;1126128]this is something I have held my tongue about too, because it is something I feel is more personal
however, given that to be person-able sometimes you must divulge the personal a bit
and wear yourself on your sleeve, I can see the value

While I am male I can say there are other men I have felt a deep love for
not a sexual lust, but truly honored and loved...my best friend is such a man, he is like my little brother, and I love the guy
too, I have had women come into my life whom are just friends, nothing more, and that too is okay.
Perhaps it is because I am getting older or perhaps it is because I so thoroughly sewed my wild oats as a youth, but a relationship is more meaningful to me these days
taking the time to get to really know someone, talking, enjoying a bit of life....that is awesome.

so, I guess I would say no, I never have had a crush on another man....I am not against anyone who does
my thoughts are that your choices are absolutely fine, I am simply not homosexual.
I have had a variety of friends whom were gay, men and women, and I don't care about their preferences...it's whom they are and it's fine
there is not a need to further anymore intolerance towards anyone based on gender, nationality, or sexual orientation
I am intolerant based on action only, if what you do is harming another then I have a problem with it.
aside from that, I am pretty much a live and let live kind of guy, myself
Image
[/QUOTE]

well spoken. Since my intention wasn't to go into the physical aspects of it (this is where Sabrina derailed the question), I think what you describe as friendship with your male friend is the same thing as I've felt in a crush with a girl. It's an explosive feeling of love and reverence based from that person's soul. The difference between me and you is probably the fact that we girls might be inclined to touch physically with hands and possibly even kiss on each other a little, not sexually but innocent petting.

#43
[QUOTE='[7.7.7.x.CORE];1126143']I have read somewhere that it IS a scientific fact that at some point in our lives we will ALL experience some kind of intimate feelings towards someone of the same sex.
Regardless of whether you act on it or not, regardless of sexuality it will happen.
It said its something to do with hormones growing up & human instinct of not wanting to be lonely. (Needing amate etc.)
Also it is fact that our human instincts kick in when choosing a partner (mate) regardless of sexuality we choose people who make us feel safe physically.
Can't remember where I read this though was a while back.


But hey what do I know, I'm a very proud bisexual :)

Lv Chel.
xxxx[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that insight. I hadn't heard it before but it makes sense to me.

#44
This is bisexuality. Bisexuals are also gay by definition. You cannot be heterosexual if you are attracted to the same sex. Your opening statement is illogical.

#47
[QUOTE=Vishnu;1126151]This is bisexuality. Bisexuals are also gay by definition. You cannot be heterosexual if you are attracted to the same sex. Your opening statement is illogical.[/QUOTE]

When I say crush, I'm referring to inner feeling, not sex. Does this change your opinion?

#48
[QUOTE=Vishnu;1126153]Yeah. All humans have the potential to be bisexual since sexuality is a choice.[/QUOTE]

Youre going to have difficulty telling my gay friends that they are making a lifestyle choice.

#49
[QUOTE=BlueFairy;1126154]When I say crush, I'm referring to inner feeling, not sex. Does this change your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Well, how are you attracted to her? If I knew that, I would have a more appropriate opinion. Do you love her as a potential partner?

[QUOTE=BlueFairy;1126155]Youre going to have difficulty telling my gay friends that they are making a lifestyle choice.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well! That's their problem. :)

#50
as a lady i will appreciate other ladies for their brains body and beauty, however i am not interested in anything physical with them <3


the "crush" aspect is what confuses me. If i have a crush on a male, my brain shuts off and my mouth gets glued shut tight, i get awkward and clumsy and shy, even if i only find him attractive. this doesn't happen around the ladies. so i guess, i can appreciate the ladies but no i do not get "crushes" on them.
Post Reply

Return to “Relationships”