Re: Uh Oh - Are "Selfies" Symptomatic Of A Mental Disorder?

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][/font]

hello. yes l agree, this is a new problem to deal with; although l suspect this may be an extension of a narcissistic disorder l cant recall the correct term for right now...
BUY:- "ADVENTURES ON THE ASTRAL PLANE" NOW ON AMAZON KINDLE.
EDITED AND ADDED-TO. YOURS TO KEEP AND ENJOY.

FORGET WHAT YOU WANT?
GET RID OF WHAT YOU NEED.
FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
WORKS FOR ALL TREES

I second that. Pretty sure narcissism is the first thing people think of when someone seems obsessed with taking selfies. Its called narcissistic personality disorder when someones got it real bad. But that doesn't mean people that have BDD or OCD aren't having issues with the number of selfies they take too.
"If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are."

I think it's a combination of narcisstic personality, but I think there is a component of lack of attention or need for constant affirmation. I have unfriended people on social media before for incessantly posting selfies. It's unsettling to me, espeically if they are taking the time to bling out every. single. one. If someone is that into their own face, there has to be some issues underneath that.

I am entertained by those live streaming as they go into car crashes, and die. its a perfect footnote to a wasted life, ending in public tragedy no one cares about. we catch the momentum of existence as it passes quietly by, and snaps like a soap bubble between our fingers....
BUY:- "ADVENTURES ON THE ASTRAL PLANE" NOW ON AMAZON KINDLE.
EDITED AND ADDED-TO. YOURS TO KEEP AND ENJOY.

FORGET WHAT YOU WANT?
GET RID OF WHAT YOU NEED.
FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
WORKS FOR ALL TREES

Return to “Psychology & Sociology”