World Wide March against government corruption

[video=youtube;zW3DeveLv6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW3DeveLv6g[/video]

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time. So now we see the light! We gonna stand up for our rights!" Bob Marley song.

ANYONE WHO WISHES TO LEAD EVENTS/MARCH FOR THIS IN THEIR CITIES PLEASE POST IN GROUP AND I WILL ADD THE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL. TIME FOR US TO TAKE A STAND.

CANADIANS. AMERICANS, AUSTRALIANS, GERMANS, BRITISH, IRISH, JAPANESE, EGYPTIAN, MALAYSIAN, AND PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. THIS IS A WORLD WIDE MARCH AGAINST GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION. TIME TO T...AKE A STAND AGAINST YOUR GOVERNMENT. MARCH TO YOUR CITY HALLS, TO YOUR PARLIAMENT, TO YOUR WHITE HOUSE.

We all have become all too aware of what is at stake in this battle over government. They have lost billions of dollars in investments due the mortgage loan crisis and the resulting meltdown of the financial system. It is clear that lack of effective regulation of financial institutions was a major contributor to this economic disaster. There are literally thousands of other cases of how cutbacks on government programs have led to increasing problems and suffering for the people of the world. Governments around the world are dominated by elite economic interests, and are going in the opposite direction from what the people want. They are killing our planet with fracking and chemtrails, nuclear reactors melting down. They are quickly taxing away all our rights and freedoms.

Now is the time to stand up to them. Let us do it in unity together all around the world on March 1, 2014. Let us force them to listen to us by our numbers marching and protesting. This is the year for it. We must do it now before all our freedoms are gone and it will be to late. Let us find a common ground within ourselves and our groups and work together to accomplish our goals.*Truth about the Fukushima nuclear disaster

* Tax the rich and corporations

*Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)

*That the federal government immediately make good on ALL treaties signed with Native Bands and all First Nations and that the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs be jointly run by government employees and Aboriginals.

*End the wars, bring the troops home, cut military spending

*Chlorine and fluoride in our drinking water around the world.

* Protect the social safety net, strengthen Social Security and improved Medicare for all countries

* End corporate welfare for oil companies and other big business interests

*The deployment of assassination drones by the US and its allies.

*Issue of forced Vaccines.

*Transition to a clean energy economy, reverse environmental degradation

*United Nations Agenda 21

* Protect worker rights including collective bargaining, create jobs and raise wages

* Get money out of politics

* Get our rights and freedoms back

*atmospheric aerosol geoengineering ("chemtrails")

*End mass world wide surveillance

*Stop the TPP as it effects Australia, Brunei, Chile, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, the United States, and Vietnam.*End Fracking and find a better way.

*Environmental issues effecting us globally.

*Bikie Laws in Australia

*Common Core Education System

*Corruption on world wide Police Forces

Volunteers needed world wide in their cities to organize their marches. . Let us make so much noise that we scare the shit out of governments worldwide... but let us be peacefully LOUD!

website for this event

https://danamartin9494.wix.com/oneloudvoice

https://www.facebook.com/events/5690213 ... /?source=1

Your right and your doing the right thing ... but they will start over and over because itz genetically ...

Itz a mainframe imprint that will go away because some people have not realized that everything can be produced easily and infinitely ... and you dont have to rob every one if people sit back and think about how to create thingz ...
They have mastered the genome but they still need rob people???

No that iz called fear fear that some one might create something greater or whatever they keep us dumb and simple and steal from us ...

[video=youtube;WNr4Lw4XBHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNr4Lw4XBHU[/video]

Profits Above All: The Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Environment
https://protectingourwaters.wordpress.co ... vironment/

Expose the TPP
https://www.exposethetpp.org/TPPMedia2.html

West Coast Environmental Law

GeoEngineering Watch
https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/

March against Monsanto
https://www.march-against-monsanto.com/

Food Freedom news
https://foodfreedomgroup.com/

If we really want to get real change started we need to force all lobbying of politicians to be done in public.

Any requests or deals struck out of the public eye need to be made illegal...

...and it doesn't hurt to keep the guillotines in the closet oiled and working, just in case.

TO THE REVOLUTIONARIES WHO WILL EVENTUALLY WIN THE "FIGHT" AND BE IN CHARGE OF RECREATING SOCIETY:

Please be aware that you are not the first to fill this role. Please make sure that you do not make the same mistakes as your predecessors. Please make sure your new structured society is not in the form of a pyramid and above that, truly embrace diversity.

April 4th is the restart of the revolution. Each passing wave grows with intensity.

Just curious, I saw the list of countries on the first post. Will we also see marches in Iran, North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Syria, and Russia to cut their military etc?

thanks

WATE;1080652 wrote: ANYONE WHO WISHES TO LEAD EVENTS/MARCH FOR THIS IN THEIR CITIES PLEASE POST IN GROUP AND I WILL ADD THE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL. TIME FOR US TO TAKE A STAND.

CANADIANS. AMERICANS, AUSTRALIANS, GERMANS, BRITISH, IRISH, JAPANESE, EGYPTIAN, MALAYSIAN, AND PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. THIS IS A WORLD WIDE MARCH AGAINST GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION. TIME TO T...AKE A STAND AGAINST YOUR GOVERNMENT. MARCH TO YOUR CITY HALLS, TO YOUR PARLIAMENT, TO YOUR WHITE HOUSE.
Peaceful marching on the governcement will not change the actions of anyone in charge.

It is like yelling at the referee at a WWE event. The whole fight has been scripted, the referee is just doing what he was told.
WATE;1080652 wrote: We all have become all too aware of what is at stake in this battle over government.
Actually, you are blissfully unaware... or maybe agitatedly unaware.
If you were aware, you would not use any of the language you wrote.
Your statements are something akin to... if we just get rid of the atmosphere, global warming won't be an issue.

So, let me try to break down each statement.
WATE;1080652 wrote:They have lost billions of dollars in investments due the mortgage loan crisis and the resulting meltdown of the financial system.
"They" haven't lost anything.
"They" made money out of thin air, got you to give them your house, and then pledge to continue giving them money that you worked for.
This was planned in the very beginning. It was baked into the cake.
Go read "The Creature From Jekyll Island"

In this statement, you are mad at the color of the icing on the cake.
Boy will you be unhappy when the cake gets force fed to you.
WATE;1080652 wrote:It is clear that lack of effective regulation of financial institutions was a major contributor to this economic disaster.
Are you telling me that the banks didn't regulate themselves very well?
The banking sector is the most highly regulated industry of all.
The failure is not in the regulation, it is in the thoughts that regulation can work at all in a democratic environment.
The worst banks have their men in top positions. Just look at Obama's cabinet.

I would suggest working on transparency, and not on regulation.
Currently the "regulators" often "fine" "bad banks" millions of dollars... or demanding their cut of the ill gotten profits.
WATE;1080652 wrote:There are literally thousands of other cases of how cutbacks on government programs have led to increasing problems and suffering for the people of the world.
Yep, every time their is a cut, the TV people run out and find woe begotten souls.
Actually, there is an excellent book about the how government programs have screwed up EVERY time.
Uncle Sam Can't Count: A History of Failed Government Investments, from Beaver Pelts to Green Energy.

See? This is where you show great evidence of your lack of knowledge.
The war on poverty? Poverty was almost extinct until the governcement stepped in.
WATE;1080652 wrote:Governments around the world are dominated by elite economic interests, and are going in the opposite direction from what the people want.
When these "elite economic interests" also control all of the media, the program you with
what you want. They offer you choices so you are mollified.
The next presidential election will be crucial, do you want Coke or Pepsi?

What people want is removed completely from the table.
Obamaba said he was going to lower taxes and stop all of the presidential abuse of overriding congress.
How has he done?

Obamaba said he was going to bring the troops back... how has that gone?
WATE;1080652 wrote:They are killing our planet with fracking and chemtrails, nuclear reactors melting down.
Oh, they are doing much worse.
But they control the media.
So, did the gulf deep sea oil spill actually happen?
Did it? Do you have any proof accept the TV?
WATE;1080652 wrote:They are quickly taxing away all our rights and freedoms.
Yep, but did you know that there is no law that says you have to pay taxes?
IRS agents have been in court and asked to provide documentation... and they said we will get back to you on that.
(and have NEVER provided documentation)

It is all a scam, from top to bottom

WATE;1080652 wrote: Now is the time to stand up to them. Let us do it in unity together all around the world on March 1, 2014. Let us force them to listen to us by our numbers marching and protesting. This is the year for it. We must do it now before all our freedoms are gone and it will be to late. Let us find a common ground within ourselves and our groups and work together to accomplish our goals.*Truth about the Fukushima nuclear disaster
Truth?
Like truth about chemtrails? After calling it a conspiracy theory for ages, the government finally admits to it,
still everyone still thinks it is a conspiracy?

There is so much evidence about 9-11, but most people won't even look at it.
WATE;1080652 wrote: * Tax the rich and corporations
Here is a the very CORE of their control, and everyone has bought it, hook line and sinker.
Tax the rich?

The richest people in the world are not on the Forbes top 100 list.
If they were, Bill Gates may still be on the list down around 99th.

The rich do not pay taxes, because they do not make any money.
They create their money out of thin air.
If you do not believe me, go look up the budget for the Council on Foreign Relations. (a non profit)

So, you will never tax these rich, but you keep saying tax the rich.
So who gets taxed? Well, you do.
The "rich" that are taxed are two income middle class families.

And, you cannot tax a corporation.
You simply can't. It is not possible.
I would love to hear any ideas.
I have seen ZERO that work.

All of the rest of your list falls into wishful thinking.
The governcement is force.
You cannot get any good by using force.
Every time you use force, you get the opposite of what you were trying to get.

Tax (steal from) the rich and give it to the poor
never works. It always ends up with the poor being poorer.

I see your frustration, and suggest you learn more.
Research austrian economics (mises.org)
Research real history. (Sons of Liberty Academy)

This is not going to end by a revolution.
This is going to end by ignoring the governcement into oblivion from which it came.
Let them march all they want, as long as they continue to pay their taxes.

Alexander Haig quotes
Be well

BuilderOfCastles

@ builderofcastles
WOW...you multiquote really well...not one of my skills...:)
Unfortunately you are not multiquoting me but a cut and paste. I have given respect to their view as I do yours.
I am well aware that the media is owned and controlled and use my own sources although I thank you for the links. I cannot say that I am any wiser than you but hold to the right to have my own voice and opinion.
The links that I have posted carry my support and do speak to the issues that we currently face.
* Tax the rich and corporations
*Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
*That the federal government immediately make good on ALL treaties signed with Native Bands and all First Nations and that the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs be jointly run by government employees and Aboriginals.
*End the wars, bring the troops home, cut military spending
*Chlorine and fluoride in our drinking water around the world.
* Protect the social safety net, strengthen Social Security and improved Medicare for all countries
* End corporate welfare for oil companies and other big business interests
*The deployment of assassination drones by the US and its allies.
*Issue of forced Vaccines.
*Transition to a clean energy economy, reverse environmental degradation
*United Nations Agenda 21
* Protect worker rights including collective bargaining, create jobs and raise wages
* Get money out of politics
* Get our rights and freedoms back
*atmospheric aerosol geoengineering ("chemtrails")
*End mass world wide surveillance
*Stop the TPP as it effects Australia, Brunei, Chile, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, the United States, and Vietnam.*End Fracking and find a better way.
*Environmental issues effecting us globally.
*Bikie Laws in Australia
*Common Core Education System
*Corruption on world wide Police Forces
Also I am quite aware that taxing the corporations is not going to happen. Where would our governments get their money then...lol
So I do agree...dont feed them with taxes...dont consume their bullshit.
As for researchin real history...I decolonized myself long ago.
@Searching Poet
How could I truly know what is happening in North Korea...I have work today defending the land I walk upon here. Perhaps you may find what you are looking for here
https://revolution-news.com/soldiers-war-women/
@Jordan17
kudos. I wish I could help you. Perhaps you may find some way in this public page.
https://www.facebook.com/OhioisIdleNoMore
I would say tho honor the ground and territory you walk upon.
And a note while I am here
I really resent the government sponsored oil adds I face when I visit here DF. You know they are bullshit right. Visit the tarsands.

". For more than a decade, first the United States and then Canada’s citizens have been subjected to a 24/7/365 day aerosol assault over our heads made of a toxic brew of poisonous heavy metals, chemicals, and other dangerous ingredients. None of this was reported by any mainstream media.
The US Department of Defense [DOD] and military have been systematically blanketing all our skies with what are known as Chemtrails (also known as Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering).
These differ vastly from the usual plane contrails that evaporate rather quickly in the sky. Chemtrails do not dissipate. Rather, planes (fitted with special nozzles) release aerosols “lines” in the sky that do not evaporate. Multiple planes are deployed, flying parallel (or often “checkerboard” patterns) overhead; and soon the sky is blanketed with many grayish-white lines [miles and miles long, although this is changing].
At first, these lines are thin; but soon they expand and, in a short time, merge together. Our once-blue sky has vanished and has been replaced by a grayish-white toxic haze that blots out and greatly diminishes our usual sunshine.
We must organize peacefully. PEACEFULLY is the operative word.If these many-pronged aerosol attacks by military and commercial planes can spray these horrific toxins on us, year after year with impunity –against all laws– then it is absolutely imperative that we organize peacefully. As Peter Dale Scott notes in Jason Bermas’ new DVD “Invisible Empire”: we must use the Internet and our peaceful intellectual powers to come together and shut this nightmare down. It is possible to do this."
- Quote by Dr. Ilya Sandra Perlingieri.

https://www.globalmarchagainstchemtrails ... ering.com/

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/senate ... y=10487291

Interested in getting involved but don't know where & how? Then please read the following and consider how you can be part of it. Whether it be through spreading awareness of this event or offering a workshop of your own, there's no limit on being part of something BIG!

https://canadiandimension.com/articles/6008/

The 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum: Organizing the fight against the Right

Linking our movements from coast to coast to coast

Roger Rashi | March 14th 2014 | 3

The first ever pan-Canadian social forum is coming up in Ottawa from August 21 to 24 as social movements converge to fight the Right.

The first ever pan-Canadian social forum will be held this year in Ottawa from August 21 to 24. More than 10,000 participants from all over Canada are expected to come to the University of Ottawa to discuss ways and means of combating the austerity policies of the Harper regime and the provincial governments.

While we have been witness to often spirited resistance in many spaces and places — the Québec student strike, the indigenous Idle No More movement, and the rallies against the Enbridge and TransCanada pipelines — there has not yet been a united Canada-wide response. What are the prospects for a pan-Canadian fightback?

Québec and First Nations

The feeling in Québec is that such a unified counterattack is essential given the scale and severity of the Harper government’s attacks both on social programs (Employment Insurance) and public services (Canada Post) as well as on the right to strike in sectors under federal jurisdiction. In fact, Québec social movements, from the trade union confederations (FTQ,CSN,CSQ) to the women’s organizations (Fédération des femmes du Québec), housing (FRAPRU) and students (ASSÉ), have been spearheading plans for the forum for more than two years. The same is true of the Indigenous communities who are seeking to broaden support for their opposition to the Tar Sands and other mining projects that are destroying their ancestral lands. It is on this basis that a dynamic Indigenous caucus has been set up bringing together activists from Idle No More, the Indigenous Environmental Network and Québec Native Women.

This Québec-First Nations nexus is what is driving the 2014 Peoples’ Forum.

Union and community support outside Québec

And where does English Canada fit in all this? For more than a year, support for the 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum has been growing, with involvement in planning efforts by union and community activists from several regions across Canada. There’s a union caucus afoot which includes representatives from the Québec trade union confederations and delegates from cross-country unions (the Canadian Union of Public Employees, the Public Service Alliance of Canada, the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, UNIFOR) and federations outside Québec (the Ontario Federation of Labour, the Nova Scotia Federation of Labour, etc.). In addition, the Ontario Common Front, a provincial coalition of over a hundred community, union and antiracism groups, is supporting the Forum. Community activists are also joining the Forum’s regional support groups in many cities across the country (Vancouver, Regina,Winnipeg, London,Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax).

There is talk of organizing caravans from Vancouver and Halifax in August to bring people to the Forum in Ottawa. The aim would be to reach out to people in communities and regions outside major cities where the struggles are less well known and rally them to the call to unite against the Right.

One of the strong points of the planning process for the pan-Canadian Forum is this convergence of social movements from Québec, the First Nations and the rest of Canada. Constant networking facilitates participation in discussions about the Forum’s objectives and program.

A Propitious Political Climate

The Forum will benefit from the current political situation in Canada. In the last seven years the grip of Stephen Harper’s Conservative Party on the federal state has tightened and a neoliberal shock program has been implemented with a never-ending succession of budget cutbacks, corporate tax breaks, and cuts to social programs and public services – in addition to the dismantling of environmental regulations in slavish deference to the interest of the oil industry.

There has been an onslaught of anti-union legislation and regulations aimed not only at federal civil servants but at everyone subject to the Canada Labour Code, people working in the telecommunications sector, in air and rail transportation, and in crown corporations. In all, nearly a million workers are affected by these anti-labour measures. Certain provincial governments, such as Alberta’s, are following suit and seeking to nullify the right to strike in their public sectors. And there have been calls in the federal Conservative Party to repeal the Rand formula, a move that threatens the financial survival of the union movement.

In face of all this, many people have come to the conclusion that partial and segmented struggles are unlikely to succeed and only a common front against Harper and the Right can mitigate the disastrous impact of neoliberal policies. The 2012 Québec student strike and the wide-ranging support it garnered are a case in point.

Fighting Harper and Beyond

The gathering of forces that is the Peoples’ Forum is fueled above all by Stephen Harper and the conservative policies he champions. But the goal of Forum goes beyond our common antipathy for the current prime minister. From the start, the target has been neoliberal and austerity policies. The 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum has adopted the slogan “Fighting Harper and Beyond” coined by left activists in English Canada. Because behind the fearsome figure of Stephen Harper looms the smiling countenance of Justin Trudeau and the other party of the Canadian oligarchy: the Liberals. The 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum aims to be the launching point for building an extra-parliamentary opposition that will endure long after the month of August. It is this determination to rally social movements and activists to the long-term task of going beyond neoliberalism — whatever the 2015 federal election brings — that makes the 2014 Peoples’ Forum a rendez-vous not to be missed.

The Peoples’ Social Forum will take place in Ottawa on August 21-24, 2014.

More than a hundred venues at the University of Ottawa have already been reserved for the 2014 Forum.

Individual and group registration began at mid February, as did registration for lodging in the student residence.

Information on the major themes of the Forum as well as on the registration process for workshops, lectures, and autonomous activities is available at: https://www.peoplessocialforum.org/

To get involved in the work of the regional support groups of for more information about the Forum: [email protected]

Follow the Forum on Facebook and Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/ForumSocialDesPeuples and twitter.com/forumsocial2014

[h=3]Take Direct Action for Climate Justice![/h][h=2]New York City | September 17-24, 2014[/h][h=5]International Week of Solidarity with Frontline Communities Around the World[/h]
On September 23rd, political and corporate leaders are meeting at the United Nations in New York City for the Climate Summit 2014. This summit represents yet another step towards the corporate takeover of the UN climate negotiations, and the privatization of land, water and air resources under the guise of a global climate compact. Meanwhile, as communities on the frontlines of climate change, we are the ones cultivating real, place-based solutions to address the global ecological crises. Indigenous peoples’ communities, communities of color and working-class white communities that are the first and most impacted by the storms, floods and droughts, are organizing to create millions of family-supporting jobs in clean energy, public transportation, zero waste, food sovereignty, community housing and ecosystem restoration.We are also organizing to stop pollution and poverty at the source, confronting the extreme energy corporations causing the climate crisis. As we write, our friends and comrades around the world are putting their bodies on the line to stop the corporations responsible – mining corporations; oil, coal and gas companies; pipelines and refineries; biofuels plantations; nuclear power plants; waste and biomass incinerators, and a myriad other industries profiteering from the destruction of our communities, our cultures and our ecosystems.
From Mesa to Mountaintop, from Hood to Holler – join us as we meet the scale and urgency of the crisis by standing in solidarity with all frontlines of resistance and resilience around the world, and taking non-violent direct action against the corporations driving the extractive economy. We call on our allies to:
  • Join us in the streets of NYC for a week of creative non-violent actions for Climate Justice
  • Organize a delegation to join the People’s Climate March & People’s Climate Justice Summit in NYC
  • Organize a creative action in your home community that highlights local solutions to climate change
  • Spread this call to action amongst your respective networks and social media outlets
Our demands of local, national and international decision-makers are simple: Support us in building Just Transition pathways away from the “dig, burn, dump” economy, and towards “local, living economies” where communities and workers are in charge! Join us in solidarity – in the streets of New York City, in your own community, and around the world!
Climate Justice Alliance Members:
  • Alliance for Appalachia
  • ACE for Environmental Justice
  • Asian Pacific Environmental Network
  • Black Mesa Water Coalition
  • Catskills Mountainkeeper
  • Center for Earth, Energy and Democracy
  • Center for Story-based Strategy
  • Communities for a Better Environment
  • Community to Community Development
  • Cornell Global Labor Institute
  • East Michigan Environmental Action Council
  • Energy Justice Network
  • Environmental Justice and Climate Change Initiative

• Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives
  • Global Justice Ecology Project
  • Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
  • Grassroots International
  • Indigenous Environmental Network
  • Institute for Policy Studies
  • Ironbound Community Corporation
  • Jobs With Justice
  • Just Transition Alliance
  • Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
  • Labor Community Strategy Center
  • Labor Network for Sustainability
  • Little Village Environmental Justice Organization
  • Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment

• Movement Generation
  • Movement Strategy Center
  • NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program
  • New York City EJ Alliance
  • People Organizing to Demand Environmental and Economic Rights (PODER)
  • POWER
  • Right to the City Alliance
  • Rising Tide North America
  • Ruckus Society
  • Southwest Organizing Project
  • Southwest Workers Union
  • UPROSE

Stay tuned for more information on action plans being developed in the coming weeks. For more information, and to share your local action plans with us, contact:
Art used in graphic above created by Bec Young of justseeds.org
https://www.ourpowercampaign.org/peoplesclimatemarch/

I think people need to do this more often. They need to stand up for what they believe and not be afraid to speak their mind. If the government are corrupt, they should be able to express their opinion on the issue.

[QUOTE=WATE;1114175]Interested in getting involved but don't know where & how? Then please read the following and consider how you can be part of it. Whether it be through spreading awareness of this event or offering a workshop of your own, there's no limit on being part of something BIG!

https://canadiandimension.com/articles/6008/

The 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum: Organizing the fight against the Right

Linking our movements from coast to coast to coast

Roger Rashi | March 14th 2014 | 3

The first ever pan-Canadian social forum is coming up in Ottawa from August 21 to 24 as social movements converge to fight the Right.

The first ever pan-Canadian social forum will be held this year in Ottawa from August 21 to 24. More than 10,000 participants from all over Canada are expected to come to the University of Ottawa to discuss ways and means of combating the austerity policies of the Harper regime and the provincial governments.

While we have been witness to often spirited resistance in many spaces and places — the Québec student strike, the indigenous Idle No More movement, and the rallies against the Enbridge and TransCanada pipelines — there has not yet been a united Canada-wide response. What are the prospects for a pan-Canadian fightback?

Québec and First Nations

The feeling in Québec is that such a unified counterattack is essential given the scale and severity of the Harper government’s attacks both on social programs (Employment Insurance) and public services (Canada Post) as well as on the right to strike in sectors under federal jurisdiction. In fact, Québec social movements, from the trade union confederations (FTQ,CSN,CSQ) to the women’s organizations (Fédération des femmes du Québec), housing (FRAPRU) and students (ASSÉ), have been spearheading plans for the forum for more than two years. The same is true of the Indigenous communities who are seeking to broaden support for their opposition to the Tar Sands and other mining projects that are destroying their ancestral lands. It is on this basis that a dynamic Indigenous caucus has been set up bringing together activists from Idle No More, the Indigenous Environmental Network and Québec Native Women.

This Québec-First Nations nexus is what is driving the 2014 Peoples’ Forum.

Union and community support outside Québec

And where does English Canada fit in all this? For more than a year, support for the 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum has been growing, with involvement in planning efforts by union and community activists from several regions across Canada. There’s a union caucus afoot which includes representatives from the Québec trade union confederations and delegates from cross-country unions (the Canadian Union of Public Employees, the Public Service Alliance of Canada, the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, UNIFOR) and federations outside Québec (the Ontario Federation of Labour, the Nova Scotia Federation of Labour, etc.). In addition, the Ontario Common Front, a provincial coalition of over a hundred community, union and antiracism groups, is supporting the Forum. Community activists are also joining the Forum’s regional support groups in many cities across the country (Vancouver, Regina,Winnipeg, London,Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax).

There is talk of organizing caravans from Vancouver and Halifax in August to bring people to the Forum in Ottawa. The aim would be to reach out to people in communities and regions outside major cities where the struggles are less well known and rally them to the call to unite against the Right.

One of the strong points of the planning process for the pan-Canadian Forum is this convergence of social movements from Québec, the First Nations and the rest of Canada. Constant networking facilitates participation in discussions about the Forum’s objectives and program.

A Propitious Political Climate

The Forum will benefit from the current political situation in Canada. In the last seven years the grip of Stephen Harper’s Conservative Party on the federal state has tightened and a neoliberal shock program has been implemented with a never-ending succession of budget cutbacks, corporate tax breaks, and cuts to social programs and public services – in addition to the dismantling of environmental regulations in slavish deference to the interest of the oil industry.

There has been an onslaught of anti-union legislation and regulations aimed not only at federal civil servants but at everyone subject to the Canada Labour Code, people working in the telecommunications sector, in air and rail transportation, and in crown corporations. In all, nearly a million workers are affected by these anti-labour measures. Certain provincial governments, such as Alberta’s, are following suit and seeking to nullify the right to strike in their public sectors. And there have been calls in the federal Conservative Party to repeal the Rand formula, a move that threatens the financial survival of the union movement.

In face of all this, many people have come to the conclusion that partial and segmented struggles are unlikely to succeed and only a common front against Harper and the Right can mitigate the disastrous impact of neoliberal policies. The 2012 Québec student strike and the wide-ranging support it garnered are a case in point.

Fighting Harper and Beyond

The gathering of forces that is the Peoples’ Forum is fueled above all by Stephen Harper and the conservative policies he champions. But the goal of Forum goes beyond our common antipathy for the current prime minister. From the start, the target has been neoliberal and austerity policies. The 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum has adopted the slogan “Fighting Harper and Beyond” coined by left activists in English Canada. Because behind the fearsome figure of Stephen Harper looms the smiling countenance of Justin Trudeau and the other party of the Canadian oligarchy: the Liberals. The 2014 Peoples’ Social Forum aims to be the launching point for building an extra-parliamentary opposition that will endure long after the month of August. It is this determination to rally social movements and activists to the long-term task of going beyond neoliberalism — whatever the 2015 federal election brings — that makes the 2014 Peoples’ Forum a rendez-vous not to be missed.

The Peoples’ Social Forum will take place in Ottawa on August 21-24, 2014.

More than a hundred venues at the University of Ottawa have already been reserved for the 2014 Forum.

Individual and group registration began at mid February, as did registration for lodging in the student residence.

Information on the major themes of the Forum as well as on the registration process for workshops, lectures, and autonomous activities is available at: https://www.peoplessocialforum.org/

To get involved in the work of the regional support groups of for more information about the Forum: [email protected]

Follow the Forum on Facebook and Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/ForumSocialDesPeuples and twitter.com/forumsocial2014
[/QUOTE]

Alternative media assembly-Peoples social forum
https://psfaltmedia.tumblr.com/resources

https://www.facebook.com/events/1508350 ... ign=buffer

With climate change a no-brainer in the credible scientific world, and more and more people—indigenous and non-Native alike—experiencing firsthand its effects on the ground, United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has summoned world leaders for a one-day summit to work toward an agreement on reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

Just in case they are not listening, the people will follow suit. The weekend before the U.N. summit, the rank-and-file are descending upon New York City to demand action in the People’s Climate March, to be held on Sunday, September 21. Foremost among them will be Native activists from across Turtle Island and beyond, standing side-by-side with environmentalists and others interested in keeping Mother Earth habitable. According to some of the activists on the ground, the climate march is shaping up to be the largest yet.

“The climate rally in Washington D.C. in February 2012 had approximately 35,000 people in attendance,” said Canadian aboriginal organizer Crystal Lameman (Beaver Lake Cree Nation, Treaty No.6), Climate and Energy Campaigner and Tar Sands Coordinator with the Sierra Club of Canada, and formerly of the Indigenous Environmental Network. “We are expecting about double that this time. My understanding is that this is being coined as the continuation of the ‘Forward on Climate’ Rally [as the 2012 march was known]… and that there is a large delegation of indigenous folks coming from all over Turtle Island and actually on a global level.”

In keeping with the trend of recent years, Indigenous Peoples are taking a lead role in the organization of the non-governmental civil society events. One of the featured speakers, for example, will be Erica Violet Lee, a student and activist associated with the Idle No More movement. And the International Indian Treaty Council is one of the organizing partners of the People’s Climate March.

The United Nations Headquarters will be center stage for General Assembly-level meetings that include the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples (WCIP) on September 22-23, now four years in the planning. September 23 will also see a one-day meeting titled “U.N. Climate Summit—Catalyzing Action,” which will be a gathering of heads of state, civil society and private sector representatives to discuss ambitious new plans to curb greenhouse gases.

In addition to the Climate Summit there will be an alternative conference organized by a variety of environmental and human rights organizations, culminating in the September 21 march. The conference, the “NYC Climate Convergence,” will be held from September 19-21 in advance of the U.N. summit. It will feature some of the most prominent environmental activists of our time, including Naomi Klein, Vandana Shiva, Christian Parenti, and Patrick Bond. Billed as “a conference, skill share, and festival rolled into one,” it will cover a diversity of topics all related to climate change, discussing everything from ending the use of fossil fuels and nuclear energy, to the creation of living-wage jobs.

In July the U.N. Climate Summit organizing committee, the U.N. Secretary-General’s Climate Change Support Team, issued a call for civil society participation through a nomination process. The committee received an enthusiastic 544 nominations for approximately 30 seats. As of this writing the list had been pared down to 76 candidates. North American Indigenous Peoples on that short list include actress Irene Bedard (Inupiaq/Yupik /Cree), Margaret Hiza (Crow) from the Indian Nations Conservation Alliance and Melissa Ann Daniels (Athabasca Chipewyan) from the Native Women’s Association of Canada.

Besides being a watershed moment for indigenous voices in the environmental movement, the grassroots activities also reflect the broad participation of indigenous women in the climate movement, Lameman noted.

“The indigenous people along with the women are going to be leading the march,” she told ICTMN. “It sets the stage for how we’re moving forward as the indigenous people and women are starting to take these spaces now. As a young indigenous woman raised in indigenous politics, it really is something.”

Lameman’s family is no stranger to the frontline struggles of indigenous peoples battling resource extraction in their homelands. Her Beaver Lake Cree community is sandwiched between two of the three tar sands deposits in Alberta, Canada.

“My nation is one of the nations involved in a very high profile litigation against the federal government of Canada, the provincial government of Alberta and the British Crown in relation to the resource development in our traditional hunting territory,” Lameman said. “It’s the reason I do the work I do.”

RELATED: Federal and Provincial Governments Lose Appeal Against First Nation Oil Sands Lawsuit

Despite gains for Native voices and recognition of traditional knowledge within the environmental movement, the cacophony of events regarding climate change could drown out some of those very voices in the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples, Lameman allowed.

“I feel conflicted about it,” Lameman said. “I feel that indigenous peoples have not been given the space they deserve. I also feel that there has been this division created between things like discussions on climate and Mother Earth and the rights of Mother Earth, and indigenous peoples and human rights. In reality they are all interconnected, and there should be no division or higher soapbox. The problem with these policies is that they were created with division in mind. It’s the reason I have decided against attending any of the U.N. negotiations.”

Learn more about the U.N. Climate Summit, the NYC Climate Convergence Conference and the People’s Climate March, as well as the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples.

https://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... ity-156743

https://bsnorrell.blogspot.ca/2014/09/cl ... te-at.html

https://www.democracynow.org/2014/9/19/a ... nous_labor

Sixth Street Community Center,
638 E 6th St # 4,
New York, NY 10009

In winter 2012, Idle No More emerged as a movement led by First Nations women, youth, and elders in Canada and the US to protect Indigenous rights and the environment. Although "Idle No More" itself is a new movement, the Indigenous struggle against colonization, genocide, and the theft and exploitation of lands driven by capitalism has existed for centuries.

When much of the environmental movement was in retreat over the last 20 years, Native peoples have been resisting the destruction and pollution of their land, water and air, while drawing attention to the direct violence and displacement imposed on Indigenous peoples as inextricably linked to that environmental violence. In this respect, it is not surprising that Native Americans are on the real front lines of the current environmental movement, and that modern Indigenous voices provide necessary insight into our collective struggle.

Moving forward in solidarity, we must acknowledge historical injustices and work toward the abolition of
colonialism and heteropatriarchy in our climate justice movements.

Join us to discuss on the future for the fight for Native American rights, the broader fight for climate justice and how real solidarity is possible.

Panelist:
Erica Violet Lee is a Nehiyaw (Plains Cree) student at the University of Saskatchewan. Since speaking at the first Idle No More teach-in in 2012, Erica has been recognized as an international youth leader with the movement, drawing attention to the need for social and environmental justice for First Nations in Canada. Named one of CBC Saskatchewan’s Future 40 in 2013 and 2014, Erica works in the community as a student mentor and advocate for educational reform. Passionate about Indigenous identity and representation, Erica recently led a successful campaign to change the name and logo of her high school, the Bedford Road Redmen.

Brian Ward is an activist based in Washington, D.C. He mainly writes about American Indian rights and climate justice. His writing has appeared in SocialistWorker.org, SystemChangeNotClimateChange.org, truth-out.org and more. He has organized alongside with indigenous people in Peru, Guatemala and the United States. He has worked and organized on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota home of the Oglala Lakota Nation.

https://www.facebook.com/events/730614220338312/?ref=22

Livestreamin

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/1 ... e-s-Videos

Also to note is International Day of peace on Sunday
https://internationaldayofpeace.org/actions/

Re: World Wide March against government corruption

October 14 Day of Action. The People’s Climate Movement and others are calling for a National Day of Action Wednesday, October 14 to demand bold action on the climate crisis facing our planet. We are calling for a sustainable, democratic and just economy that preserves our planet and works for all peoples.

At the end of 2015, nations will meet again to negotiate an United Nation’s climate agreement in Paris that commits all countries to address climate change. What comes out of Paris will not mark the end of our efforts but could be an important step in the global process of confronting climate change. This fall we will continue to build a powerful movement for change and bring the demand for bold action to our leaders in anticipation of the Paris climate talks. We will insist that our public leaders support us in taking action in building a new economy that will avert the worst impacts of the climate crisis. And, we will call out those public leaders, corporations and other organizations that are standing in the way of progress as they deny the science and block the popular alternatives
https://justseeds.org/blog/2015/10/peopl ... octob.html
Kchi Migwech Gzheminido Kinagego

Return to “Making a Difference”