Aura's In Ancient Artwork

It came to me that a lot of ancient artwork depicts Aura's around certain people, and certain colors have specific meanings. Yellow is commonly seen as a halo around someone's head because of the association with sun worship and the power of the sun. The yellow around the head is a symbol for the crown chakra being enlightened and illuminated (like the "crown" of thornes aka sun rays around Christ). Here are some examples.

Entered.
Passed.
Raised.
Try Me.

Re: Aura's In Ancient Artwork

The idea of aura originaly it's not specially visual or a shape, but the impression, or effect, or reputation/energy of a person in general, related to the idea of charisma, mesmerism, and an 'invisible force' emanating , or radiating from certain 'holy' or 'saint' persons in particular they can be stronger, and then related to magnetism and light radiation or emission, which can be already intrepreted as emitting light in the sense teaching too, in the concept of third eye, and also found in egypt with the light getting in the third eye through a cobra in the pictures, related to a work of the mind or spirit from a teacher. In shamanism the third eye is supposed to absorb the light or 'see the light' in a metaphorical manner meaning knowledge or wisdom, or intuition, either it's for plants or soul of other person to heal them through the vision of the spirit world, which is 'seeing the other layer of reality beyond the 5 senses'.

This concept of 'light' in spiritual tradition can become very confusing because it can be used in different tradition and time by group who have very little in common with each other, even if you look at human right declaration, the triangle also emit certain kind of light, with an eye in the center, but it not necessarily the same concept or same context or same meaning than in budhism, but there is always the theory that there would be some hermetic tradition since very old time that would be shared by a certain number of adept all around the world at least since antiquity.

Re: Aura's In Ancient Artwork

When you perceive with spirit rather than physical sight you can perceive aura around people. I had an experience where I perceived someone as spirit...the human physical body literally just disappeared in front of me and all I could perceive was a radiant glowing golden (golden doesn't it justice..) aura.

One of the most reverent moments of my life :)

LOve cheeneka x

Return to “Mysticism & Ancient Wisdom”