The Pineal Gland (3rd Eye) In Ancient Culture

The pineal gland in ancient culture as commonly represented as a pine cone, Pineal itself contains the word Pine. The gland is the link between the spiritual self and the physical self, bringing awareness to those who are awakened. The all seeing eye sitting above the pyramid represents the 3rd eye hovering above the body which is incomplete without it. Here are some ancient depictions of the third eye.
Entered.
Passed.
Raised.
Try Me.

Re: The Pineal Gland (3rd Eye) In Ancient Culture

Consciousness is weird if you can't pin point a place where it resides exactly and we kind of think our consciousness exists somewhere in our head around the eyes but anyway I can't prove that just a personal suggestion.
Several studies has been made related to this, at least since descartes, studying for example poeple with neural lesions, descartes always believed the pineal gland was the 'seat of the soul', or the organ through which the soul enter the body, i'm not sure the is decisive/conclusive evidence, and many other studies also show 'body intelligence', and how our body in itself is also conscious of certain things, but the anatomy of this has been studied, and the lack of certain organ in the brain, or lesions in certain area are associated after with either coma, or alteration of cognitive faculty, or 'loss of reason', of coherency, of ability to think and speak coherently, which other part of the body doesn't seem to impact that much. Damages to the pineal gland apparently affect greatly a person ability to 'make sense', or being fully conscious, learning etc.

Like the city of the lost children movie with the brain in the box alone it can still think and speak and being the closest you could get to the spirit of the person, not sure you'd have the same with a foot or a nail.

Its a metaphor. Being that it "sees" things that the 2 eyes cannot, it is called a third eye. Even Jesus said "If thine eye be single, then thy whole body shall be full of light". There are two kinds of light, physical and spiritual. Light has always been a metaphor for the spiritually enlightened to convey a complicated subject to where ordinary people could understand, using parables etc. Even in Genesis God creates two kinds of light, the sun and stars (physical) then sends the "true" light Yeshua later. He even calls himself the light, not because he is literal light, but a spiritual metaphor.
Entered.
Passed.
Raised.
Try Me.

Hi
yes metaphors and parables are used often to help people understand the difference between the physical and the spiritual.

I have written here over the years about translucent energy that I perceive around me every now and then, I do not see it with physical eyes because if I did everyone else would see it also. I perceive it I do not see it. It moves so fast that I can never make out exactly the shapes or exactly what it is. I know this is because spiritual energy has a much higher and faster frequency and vibration than the physical.

When our senses are heightened all manner of things are possible. :))

LOve cheeneka x

I can relate to what you say about the translucent energy around. I can also sense the energy that surrounds me in different ways but usually because I can see the vibrations, sometimes the colors and geometric shapes. Also many times the sound of vibrations around me. When there are many noises it becomes almost invisible but in more quiet spaces its easy to be aware of the surrounding energy. The energy that I perceive in my third eye, I find it beautiful, colorful and geometrical, also constantly changing and moving. The third eye is about beautiful spiritual energy and awareness. But I see this energy while in a meditative state or with eyes closed.

The psycheledics that contain DMT like psylos or ayahuasca often give this sort of feelings, of geometric shapes , there was a video i saw a while ago from a guy who went in south america to study shamanism, he was explaining his first DMT session, and he said he was seeing the shape of his hand being overlapped on the nerve of a leave , and seeing like this the structure of things in nature, and the common structure behind all life through geometric pattern.

Even the nobel prize who found the helix structure of the DNA, john cricks, was also using psychedelics and it's how he found there was a connection between all form of life through DNA and he figured the helix form.

The pineal gland is supposed to be producing DMT as a main activity. So those psychedelics are supposed to enhance third eye vision. They often report also some degree of telephathy, and extra sensorial communication, either with other persons, or 'entities' 'spirits', 'gods' .

It's often repported that psychedelics also increase this sensation of vibration, and increase reception of surrounding energy, either in music or even auras around people or plants, or seeing some more layer of reality.

A lot of rituals, or music, tones, chants, flutes, is also made in sort to 'activate' or 'stimulate' third eye vision, or other 'centers', and those state can also be reached without psychedelics. But it can be 'peeked in' quickly from beginner stage with psychedelics maybe, and it often give this kind of sensations and experience.

cheeneka wrote:well I am happy to say that I have never done any kind of drug.....:)

An awakening, a spontaneous awakening, pure love and the kundalini awakening will all awaken these gifts.

LOve cheeneka x
I saw some studies who compared the effect of kundalini and of psychedelic experience with a grid of symptoms like they do in clinical approach, there is lot of similarities in the reported experience.

Psychedelics & entheogens are not really drugs, they are used in spiritual/healing tradition in many place of the world.

https://psychic.vibe.free.fr/stuff/psych ... %20(1).pdf (for the moment i have to use a proxy so url is messed up)

Psychedelic Drugs and the Awakening of Kundalini Donald J. DeGracia, Ph.D.

Background Information About Psychedelic Drugs....................................................................... 4 
About Kundalini............................................................................................................................ 10 
Summary of Effects of Awakened Kundalini......................................................................... 14 Introduction................................................................................................................................... 16 Methods......................................................................................................................................... 17 
Hallucinogenic Drug User Survey.......................................................................................... 18 
Results: Overview......................................................................................................................... 22 
Detailed Results Respondent's Demographic Profile......................................................................................... 25 
Ss Hallucinogenic Usage ........................................................................................................ 27 
Ss Use of Other Drugs and Comparison to Hallucinogens..................................................... 30 
Motor and Autonomic Effects ................................................................................................ 39 
Spontaneous Laughter............................................................................................................. 42 
Auditory Hallucination Data................................................................................................... 43 
Sensations of Chills and Vibrations........................................................................................ 47 
Psychedelic Induced Synesthesia............................................................................................ 51 
Visual Hallucination - Text Responces................................................................................... 55 
Visual Hallucination - Raw Data ............................................................................................ 61 
Psychdelic Induced Emotional Changes................................................................................. 64 
Psychdelic Induced Changes in Empathy............................................................................... 69 
Psychdelic Induced Changes in Identity................................................................................. 72 
Changes in Cognition: Concentration..................................................................................... 77 
Psychedelic Induced Changes in Thought .............................................................................. 82 
Long-term Effects of Psychedelics on Ss ............................................................................... 89 
Ss General Comments on Psychedelics .................................................................................. 95 
Psychedelic Drug-induced Religious and Psychic Experiences ........................................... 102 
Effects of Psychedelics on Ss Spirituality ............................................................................ 110

I found this book some while ago :D

But the kundalini it's wider than only third eye, even if the part about consciousness expansion and increase of nervous influx also can be related to third eye/pineal glands activity, and third eye is still supposed to be also central in awekening the kundalini.

Not all psychedelics are based on DMT too.

with psychedelic, there can be a rapid on/off effect that can be easy to study, compared to mystic practice of third eye awakening =) The DMT based psychedelic they are supposed to simulate an increase of activity of pineal gland.

with chakra work & kundalini it can be done without psychedelics in longer time and more practice =)

Indigo Spirit 37 wrote:The third eye is the spiritual eye, literally... And im surprised about the physical similarities between the real human brain pineal gland and the egyptian symbol that represents the third eye. What a wise and telepathic civilization they were.
I have been thinking the same  lately - "what a wise and telepathic civilization", indeed...
As for the psychedelics, Kastaneda also mentions them as some spiritual awakening tools. But are they not too dangerous as well?

Inluxtris wrote:
Indigo Spirit 37 wrote:The third eye is the spiritual eye, literally... And im surprised about the physical similarities between the real human brain pineal gland and the egyptian symbol that represents the third eye. What a wise and telepathic civilization they were.
I have been thinking the same  lately - "what a wise and telepathic civilization", indeed...
As for the psychedelics, Kastaneda also mentions them as some spiritual awakening tools. But are they not too dangerous as well?
All tools of spiritual awakening are dangerous :) Even meditation, kundalini itself can be dangerous too :) I talked some while ago with a girl who worked in psychiatric emergency who was on a spiritual forum, she told me there is still a certain number of person who end in weird state after doing all kind of thing of sufism, of sophrology, of breath exercice, as well as psychedelics =)

And kundalini it's more or less one way trip, once its awakened , it's not really possible to totally stop it =)

Normally in good condition, the DMT sessions with a shaman it's supposed to be rather safe, but after doing it alone, or in a bad, stressing environment or with bad person, it can surely give bad experience =)

https://www.psychedelicadventure.net/200 ... d-and.html =)

Esoteric Wisdom: The Pineal Gland And Shamanism

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]It acts as a receiving mechanism capable of monitoring electro-magnetic fields and helping align bodies in space. With its central hormone, MELATONIN, the pineal not only regulates sleep/ wake cycles and the aging process, but also appears to act as the Mistress Gland (sofia)* orchestrating the body's entire endocrine system and thus, energetically speaking, the chakra system. It is also responsible for shamanic states, visions, kundalini awakening e.t.c.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The pineal gland is unique in that it sits alone in the brain whose other parts are paired. It is the first gland to be formed in the foetus and is distinguishable at 3 weeks. When our individual life force enters our foetal body at 7 weeks, the moment in which we become truly human, it passes through the pineal and triggers the first primordial flood of DMT ( N-dimethyltryptamine). Later, at birth, the pineal releases more DMT. DMT is also capable of mediating pivotal experiences of deep meditation, shamanic states of consciousness, psychoses, spiritual emergence and near death experiences.[/font]

https://www.psychedelicadventure.net/200 ... uasca.html

The Shamans or Medicine Men of the Ecuadorian rain forests know a world where everything is conscious and spirituality takes a whole new meaning altogether when the Shaman embarks on his Vision Quest into the spirit world. The psychedelic experience produced by the ritualistic use of hallucinogenic plants threatens to awaken the masses from their materialistic fervor and change their world view which goes against the Globalization motto of the western world. Hence, DMT the active ingredient of the Ayahuasca brew used by natives of the Amazon forest for thousands of years is labeled an illegal substance under the Schedule 1 category.

Inluxtris wrote:Sounds absolutely rational :). In fact, anything we do with a bad company and in a bad environment can have a negative effect lol.

Is it possible for psychedelics to help for paranormal abilities break out?
Certain abilities i guess yes :) Like telepathy for one =) But probably other thing , like clairvoyance  =) or seing aura, or shaman use it for healing purpose =)

Inluxtris wrote:Seriously, you are an encyclopedia with an own opinion :)

Still there should be other ways of a real awakening paranormal abilities without using psychedelics, right?
Yes, normally psychedelics are just used to 'peek in', but anyway i think the experience is often not that useful in itself because the nervous/cognitive system is too overloaded, so it can be intense and not that benefitial. But the goal is always to develop ability without the use of DMT or drugs, but they can always be used to boost ability temporarily, or in ceremonies to achieve some kind of binding.

h0bby1 wrote:The psychedelic experience produced by the ritualistic use of hallucinogenic plants threatens to awaken the masses from their materialistic fervor and change their world view which goes against the Globalization motto of the western world. Hence, DMT the active ingredient of the Ayahuasca brew used by natives of the Amazon forest for thousands of years is labeled an illegal substance under the Schedule 1 category.

Makes perfect sense to ban and discredit something that threatens the "materialistic ferver"...
Cool img, btw.

I think psychedelics can be dangerous yeah. They are subject to being misused and abused. Some are more dangerous than others. Although I think they are not as dangerous as other substances like alcohol. I think the difference of them between being dangerous or highly beneficial goes in the intention someone has while taking them and also the background, the atmosphere around; good for meditation or inner connection. But, if for instance one person has mental problems inside, those can be triggered by psychedelics.
I think of them as powerful spiritual tools if used correctly. They can leave too much value after just few sessions. Its about the use someone gives them what makes the difference. Of course it is ideal to access certain levels of consciousness without taking any substance but that can be difficult too. The way I see it, the real begin of spirituality and the beginning of the break from the hard and strict society from the past begun with the use of LSD in the previous century. So they did generate spiritual awakenings and awareness but also some psychotic illnesses on some individuals.

The way I see it, the real begin of spirituality and the beginning of the break from the hard and strict society from the past begun with the use of LSD in the previous century.
It existed before this :D Shamans used psylo since prehistory :)

https://cl.nfshost.com/psychedelics-chronology.html =)

A COMPREHENSIVE HISTORICAL TIMELINE OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PSYCHEDELIC SUBSTANCES AND MAMMALIAN BRAINS

https://www.amazon.com/Plants-Gods-Sacre ... 0892819790 

Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers

Some people go even as far as to say that using psychedelics was some kind of major break through in human evolution and development of consciousness in the darwinian scheme =)

I see what you mean because there has been a sort of revival of that whole sort of thing in the 70's dues to in part synethetic drugs, and many author mainly in the usa and uk who reinjected lot of fresh air in the world of esoterism like crowley or thimoty leary and lot of people also related to the psychedelic music culture and electronic music, which gave a whole new look to the sub culture but also lot of superficial and commercial/subversive things, and there are tradition that are much more ancient than this that used the same principle,  it's something that has been in human culture for very long time at different degree, or more or less emerged in the global civilization.

Indigo Spirit 37 wrote:Entheogens have been used during all human history I think. Originally were used to reach a state of consciousness and connect with the inner God. But what made it massive was LSD. Now the new trend seems to be ayahuasca in order to connect with Spirit and do a cleanse. I have never tried this one but seems like the new trend.
In europe druids, shamans etc used this often, in russia/siberia up the stalin era shamanism was practiced in lot of place as part of traditional culture, now generally people tend to think they don't need shaman anymore with all the science, but shaman always had a role of guide, and ceremonies involving psychedelics are common since all time, or using plants for healing, or spiritual purpose, it has been then radiated in occident during catholic era, of witch hunting etc, and then it came back under that form in the 70's with synthetic drugs and a new revival of esoteric litterature, with all kind of new practice, well they were not new actually all this esoterism and wave of freedom in the 70's there has been the same in the 19th with theosophy with same concern with freedom, progress of consciousness, in a way even people were probably more educated in these whole topic of the spirit and 'other worlds' than today in a world of 100% technology & consumerism, even in the 70 i don't know if there was that much true genuine spiritual master who emerged from this psychedelic culture of the 70's. Mostly quoting boudhism, and forming some kind of neo paganism, neo wiccan or neo boudhism. 

There are many report of shaman who say that in occident we are locking future shaman/healer in psychiatric hospital more than anything, and it's still considered 'sub culture' =)

Even in the 60/70's the whole flower power motion has been hijacked by a lot of other forces too.

Idk about trends, but it's clear there are big trends also in a whole little world in paris or other of people who go to peru to have this experience, even david icke is supposed to have his whole vision of the reptilian on DMT in peru.

I was doing psylo in britany that we were gathering in field i was maybe 16 idk, i didn't know much about trends or anything lol

It's something certain person always used for consciousness expansion, in the 70's this whole tradition has been a bit deformed too, modernized, appropriated by certain intelectual in the west, but to me it's just a sort of occidental copy of those tradition put with more marketing and more occidental/modern/scientific outlook, in a form of counter culture, but in the bottom it's all the same principle than before, and in all traditional place they use that sort of thing.

My cousins grew up in congo, they always practice lot of ritual of trance, with rythm, dancing, eventually the iboga is also used there or other plants, things that are supposed to be healing, or boosting a bit certain kind of perceptions, with 'gurus'/shamans healers, it's not something that started with the hippies in the 70's =) They mostly copied this to give a bit a sort of  'go back to tribal time', in modern world, even a bit copied on anti colonial scheme, in those tribal place who get colonized or chased from their natural place, specially in the rain forest, but same in africa.

All the ganja man in the area they say fuck babylon it's not since the 70's :D

No its not so much the drug itself like it is the mind that is going through the journey. Some minds are full of trouble and some minds carry fears. I still think its a very powerful drug when used right; with the right intention and atmosphere. It can be like a door to the spiritual side of us and also one can get different answers, his/her life purpose, unconditional love and forgiveness and all kinds of genius ideas during only one trip. Its a misunderstood drug for sure.

Shaman used this kind of plants in 'quest of vision', either to guide tribe in certain time, to have vision of future, to see in the world of spirits / entity / energy , to have a clue of what's going on, and how to live good life, set up certain things to do or not, or sense of justice and peace keeping, and also to reveal about one's fears and peeking in their own mind too, to get insight about plants.

When shaman in south america are asked how they figured out the mix of the plant to get the dmt trip, they said they got it through trance and communicating with plant spirit somehow. And it's how they gain their science of plants, of healing, of knowledge of the spirit etc

It's said this culture from mongolia has influenced a lot tibetan budhism :)

In many part of the world it was still working like this up to when catholics and colonialism or stalinism / maoism or other regims in africa and middle east kicked in to 'industrialize' and 'modernize' , in sort that people don't need shaman to know this, and we have cell phones, and satelites and more information to take decision for the future of our civilisation =)

Now it's more financial expert at the IMF who have this role as everyone is focused on the economy, and economic growth, and they do this in their office watching curve in excel, more than growth in consciousness and freedom =)

But the same principle of shamanism can also apply to new technology, modern biology, neurology, all things related to 'science of life'.

There are more and more effort to try to push back psychedelic in therapy currently because there are plenty of clinical trials that show it has clearly therapy benefits beyond the psychedelic 70's aspect. Even if at the origin in the 70's it was same thing of freedom, freeing the mind, love and all, which in itself is reaching healing state, of well being, of clear mindness, releasing blocks, lifting the veil, it has then been a bit hijacked by also other thing in the branch of crowley and already putting in place star system and many thing that i'm not sure the purpose is all that much healing and expansion of consciousness, or some kind of manipulation to get people a bit more in confusion with loud music and all into extravagent sensationalism instead of well like you said with being in quiet place and all.

The pineal gland is supposed to be more stimulated by lack of sensorial stimulation, and psychedelics can be great tools of healing and instrospection in that manner, and also used as visonary tool to have insight in many thing either they are related to healing and how the mind works and being aware of negative/positive forces, or on other things too =)

Return to “Mysticism & Ancient Wisdom”