LUXURY GEMSTONE JEWELRY

Top 10 Most Significant Grimoires...

...according to the author -- interesting material for the aspiring Mage :)

"The term “grimoire” originated from the Old French word “grammaire” which meant “grammar” and was used to refer to all books that were written in Latin. However, by the 18th century, the term had taken on a new meaning: medieval European magic textbooks. Grimoire were collections of spells, instructions on how to create magical objects, and guides to summoning demons, angels, and spirits. They frequently contained astrological dioramas, lists of mystic entities, and even instructions for mixing medicines. While in modern society the term “grimoire” has come to encompass any kind of collection of magic, authentic grimoire were based off the magical traditions of Jewish, Muslim, and medieval Christian rituals and texts. Therefore, authentic grimoire didn’t usually contain Pagan rituals or magic. I have collected a list of ten of the most influential and historically significant grimoire throughout history. My goal was to present them in chronological order. However, because many grimoire don’t have definite publishing dates, I have had to take liberties in arranging them. Also, many grimoire had multiple names. For each entry I have tried to include their most important ones."

https://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-sign ... imoire.php

i have not any confidence in the Grimoires as any reference in magical practice. It has not any favourable evidence about some secret code about the original, some underlying truth, nothing about it.
dickblick.com

Return to “Mysticism & Ancient Wisdom”